PDA

View Full Version : crazy_mike_8's tracks

rlmergeuser
04-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Greetings.

You might have seen or played my previous track called "Bike Control (PROTO)". That was a prototype, and well I finally finished it.

Track is called: The scenic route
Uplay name: crazy_mike_8
Track Difficulty - Hard
Tags: Technical, Themed, Scenic, Realistic

I've improved the original quite a lot, not only extending the actual track, but also adding a lot of detail to the already existing course. One major change I made is in the first section of the track.
I decided to decrease the angle of the last reverse-wheelie slope, as I thought it was a bit too buggy - wheel would glitch and slip when approaching the top of the ramp. To compensate for this decrease in difficulty, I removed the "safezone" which previously existed just before that steep slope - now it's the way it was meant to be, all about that control!

Please give me any thoughts you have on the track!

Here's my The scenic route track:
ojnqAMOtVp8

================================================== ===========
Alright guys, just released a new track, though it's a remake!
It's called "The scenic route EM" - a MEDIUM track!
Yes that's right, I went ahead and nerfed almost every obstacle. Why? Because I spent too much damn time making this track look pretty so I would like more than 8 people to finish the track... Anyhow, feel free to have a go, like I said, it's a considerably easier version of "The scenic route".
EM = Easy Mode.
Here's a run of the track by ikki59!
2-9f4mm3QOE

RetiredRonin
04-04-2013, 09:33 PM
It helps everyone out if you keep one thread for all of your tracks/skill games.

rlmergeuser
04-04-2013, 09:35 PM
It helps everyone out if you keep one thread for all of your tracks/skill games.

I'll keep that in mind mate, just wanted to make a new thread for this track

LukeMSki
04-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Just edit the title and OP to alert people of your new track. You can also bump the thread to get it into the active topics.

rlmergeuser
04-04-2013, 10:01 PM

Just edit the title and OP to alert people of your new track. You can also bump the thread to get it into the active topics.

Hey man, I'll do that from now on, don't worry!
Now how about go out there and try this track!

cris-tan10
04-04-2013, 10:49 PM
E6JVD6JGsjA I liked this track, but I also have to critique certain aspects of it. First of all the part with the green planks is just hopeless for me and most riders. Those type of obstacles (if you can even call them that) are just not original or good at all. 2nd of all; as you see in my run, you put obstacles to close to each other so that you always have to back up. Also the obstacle with the Trials HD square logs is not bad, but a bit too repetitive and not unique. Now the good stuff. For this type of track difficulty I feel like the background is good ( especially for your 2nd track). You obviously use small details and put some effort into your tracks, to give it that special extra. I feel like you have a lot of potential, maybe next time get someone to test your track before releasing it. Overall, well done, gave you 5 * since it was decent and there are very few good tracks on gold right now http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

Edit: Also make sure that nothing stands in the way of your view on the DL.

rlmergeuser
04-04-2013, 11:07 PM
E6JVD6JGsjA I liked this track, but I also have to critique certain aspects of it. First of all the part with the green planks is just hopeless for me and most riders. Those type of obstacles (if you can even call them that) are just not original or good at all. 2nd of all; as you see in my run, you put obstacles to close to each other so that you always have to back up. Also the obstacle with the Trials HD square logs is not bad, but a bit too repetitive and not unique. Now the good stuff. For this type of track difficulty I feel like the background is good ( especially for your 2nd track). You obviously use small details and put some effort into your tracks, to give it that special extra. I feel like you have a lot of potential, maybe next time get someone to test your track before releasing it. Overall, well done, gave you 5 * since it was decent and there are very few good tracks on gold right now http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

Edit: Also make sure that nothing stands in the way of your view on the DL.

1. The green line ha.. Yeah... I know. I got bored on some crappy track and started wondering if I could make a track using that feature. I was actually going to try to implement reverse-wheelie bunnyhopping... Yeah...

2. I guess I didn't really notice that, when I was testing it I would usually start at the checkpoint before the obstacle, missing the initial "entrance" if you know what I mean.

3. Which obstacle do you mean? The repetitive with Trials HD logo? Do you mean the one with multiple box-logs near the lake?

4. I did my best to try to clear the DL. I tried clearing a bit of grass away from the DL to make the next obstacle bit clearer. The trees only really get into the view on 2 ocasions. One is on the bent pinetree - there was nothing I could've done to prevent that unfortunately, the second is the willow next to the lake. I could've moved this one, but I felt that the position of the branch wasn't really obscuring anything important and you could see ahead of yourself.

Anyhow, thanks for playing the track and for the generous rating!
I'll keep these points in mind next time I'm building a track!

rlmergeuser
04-05-2013, 03:23 AM
Am I correct in assuming green is back wheel only? How is this a Hard track?

BlastergamerX
04-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Hi mike,
your track scenery looks very good, but, how I see in the the video and the posts, that this should be an exreme plus ninja tag on it, because you'll need to stand on front wheels and back wheels and then, there should not be some places where you need to reverse at a checkpoint.

LukeMSki
04-05-2013, 04:33 AM

Hey man, I'll do that from now on, don't worry!
Now how about go out there and try this track!
Sorry, I don't play on PC http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

cris-tan10
04-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Am I correct in assuming green is back wheel only? How is this a Hard track?

Yeah didn't notice that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif Yeah it's at least extreme, maybe even ninja.

rlmergeuser
04-05-2013, 09:23 AM
I didn't think the track was worthy of the extreme and ninja tags.
I thought it was too easy for either...

rlmergeuser
04-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Nah it's definitely extreme

s0ad667
04-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Great visuals, but one of the two things that make me quit a map right when i see it are those wheelie-only platforms. For some reason, i can't even watch a replay with those. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

nannerdw
04-06-2013, 02:43 AM
I didn't think the track was worthy of the extreme and ninja tags.
I thought it was too easy for either...
Backward wheelie obstacles are always ninja.

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Yes that's right, I went ahead and nerfed almost every obstacle. Why? Because I spent too much damn time making this track look pretty so I would like more than 8 people to finish the track... Anyhow, feel free to have a go, like I said, it's a considerably easier version of "The scenic route".
EM = Easy Mode.

If you don't like reverse wheelies, just play this version instead, you'll miss out on a couple harder obstacles, but you'll experience the track, which is still good IMO, just more accessible

TheBlazeJp
04-06-2013, 11:55 AM
EM = Easy Mode.

If you don't like reverse wheelies, just play this version instead, you'll miss out on a couple harder obstacles, but you'll experience the track, which is still good IMO, just more accessible

I did the wheelie version, First obstacle took like 10 minutes lol. Then breezed the rest but yeah not a track i could stay on for a while. Only because of the beginning. The rest was enjoyable

I'll give your'e new one a go later when I get back on.

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 11:58 AM
EM = Easy Mode.

I did the wheelie version, First obstacle took like 10 minutes lol. Then breezed the rest but yeah not a track i could stay on for a while. Only because of the beginning. The rest was enjoyable

I'll give your'e new one a go later when I get back on.

Ha, thanks man, if you breezed through the rest of the original, you'll finish this with your eyes closed!

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi Mike,

I think this is a really nice track. I say "think", because sadly it runs at about 4 fps for some reason. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif suspect due to the amount of vegetation coming up later - my machine seems to have issues with this).

However, one thing about it I find rather annoying and unfortunately, this seems to be quite common among creators: When rating a track's difficulty, please, somewhat rate according to the official tracks, as i'm not interested in knowing about your skills and what *you* think is medium. Imho, an average player should be able to, say, 0-4 fault a medium track. Now, compare your track to for instance "Home Run"(hard), "Around the Ranch"(hard) or "Pier Pressure"(medium)... Is it medium?

If the difficulty ratings should have any resemblance to anything, use them accordingly.

But: nice work. I'll keep an eye on you http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi Mike,

I think this is a really nice track. I say "think", because sadly it runs at about 4 fps for some reason. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif suspect due to the amount of vegetation coming up later - my machine seems to have issues with this).

However, one thing about it I find rather annoying and unfortunately, this seems to be quite common among creators: When rating a track's difficulty, please, somewhat rate according to the official tracks, as i'm not interested in knowing about your skills and what *you* think is medium. Imho, an average player should be able to, say, 0-4 fault a medium track. Now, compare your track to for instance "Home Run"(hard), "Around the Ranch"(hard) or "Pier Pressure"(medium)... Is it medium?

If the difficulty ratings should have any resemblance to anything, use them accordingly.

But: nice work. I'll keep an eye on you http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

I'm sorry the track doesn't run well for you. I have certain tracks which run really poorly on my machine - tracks made by redlynx - however, even with the vegetation I didn't lose FPS. I think it's an optimization thing.

About the difficulty setting. I think the track overall is a medium, although there is one obstacle which may cause trouble - the one with two rocks which you have to clear - kinda tough.

The reason why I rated this as "medium" is because with enough patience, even the less skilled or experienced players will be able to clear the track. I don't think you can say that every medium track should be clear-able in 0-4 faults, especially not on first try!

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I found some of the obstacles painful to get over with a keyboard and couldn't finish the track. You should make a Medium track not have such steep inclines because keyboard users like myself have a lot of difficulty with them.
It looks nice but I don't think it's a "Medium" track.

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 01:23 PM
I found some of the obstacles painful to get over with a keyboard and couldn't finish the track. You should make a Medium track not have such steep inclines because keyboard users like myself have a lot of difficulty with them.
It looks nice but I don't think it's a "Medium" track.

Sorry to hear that mate. I do create all my tracks using the 360 pad, and test them using this also. I haven't tried using the keyboard, I'll give it a shot, but I'm not too good with it!

Yeah I know I should've probably labeled it as hard

Edit: I finished the track in about 3:30 with the keyboard, around 50 faults. It's possible, but so much harder than using 360 pad!

nannerdw
04-06-2013, 02:57 PM
This is not medium. It's hard until you get to the part with the the log to rock jump, and then the rest of the track from that point onward is extreme.

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 03:02 PM
This is not medium. It's hard until you get to the part with the the log to rock jump, and then the rest of the track from that point onward is extreme.

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif how is the rest extreme? I know you can't see it in video, or when you do this track flawlessly, but there is a checkpoint half way through bunnyhopping rock obstacle thing. The final jump is really easy too.

nannerdw
04-06-2013, 03:25 PM
:o how is the rest extreme? I know you can't see it in video, or when you do this track flawlessly, but there is a checkpoint half way through bunnyhopping rock obstacle thing. The final jump is really easy too.
Ok, the rock hopping near the end is hard difficulty (They're easier than the box jumps on King of the Hill), but the log jump (the one that trips you up at the end of the log) is 100% extreme.

cris-tan10
04-06-2013, 04:01 PM

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif how is the rest extreme? I know you can't see it in video, or when you do this track flawlessly, but there is a checkpoint half way through bunnyhopping rock obstacle thing. The final jump is really easy too.

I agree they are extreme. Play truth is out there and compare your track with it. More than one extreme obstacles = an extreme track.

TheBlazeJp
04-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Ha, thanks man, if you breezed through the rest of the original, you'll finish this with your eyes closed!

51 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/cool.gif

j1eUSFGmJRo

rlmergeuser
04-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Alright, I get it, I can't judge the difficulty of the track...

That aside, come on, give some feedback on the overall track! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.giff you already haven't)

TheBlazeJp
04-07-2013, 04:45 AM

That aside, come on, give some feedback on the overall track! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.giff you already haven't)

Would of been nice to get a comment to the video I posted dude!
Took me like an hour of my day to hit all the timesavers I could find on your'e track..

Ill review the latest version.

-The track is still not easy or medium, Its a hard track atleast lol, but only because of a few obstacles that you would never see in a medium track. (e.g bunny hopping between rocks).
0:19, 0:36 and 0:43 on my video are all hard obstacles.
Though i understand that is is "easy or medium" for more experienced riders.

-Visually the track looks very nice, I can see a bit of time and effort went into this, what I like to see!

-The driving line was very good in the latest version. I always like tracks that have possible timesavers that are very hard to pull off but don't take anything away from the overall flow of the track.
I don't know if the timesaver I found at the very beginning was intentional. Although tricky i thought it was very cool.
The toughest timesaver by far was driving off the radio antenna and doing a huge bunny hop so you land on top of the tree's stalk. But again the fact that this was possible was a bonus to the driving line.

There weren't many obstacles that were frustrating. Well perhaps my only criticism is that the part where you bunny hop the rocks was very close to the previous gap you have to make at 0:40 in the video. I found that a lot of my runs would end prematurely because I would go a tad too far because it was a blind drop onto the platform below. This was a tad annoying at times because of it being a blind drop it was always a gamble whether it would make or brake a run, especially after hitting some huge timesavers.

Overall the track leaves alot more to be enjoyed without the wheelying at the beginning. I feel that you should make a track perhaps in the future with the wheelying and more ninja obstacles. A ninja only track.
Ninja elements + Speedrunning afterwards for me doesn't mix well in a track imo.. But I appreciate what you tried to do http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Having said that I very much enjoyed the latest version of the track, It was a track that I could happily sit on and enjoy speedrunning.

Nice track dude! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/dance.gif

rlmergeuser
04-07-2013, 10:53 AM

Would of been nice to get a comment to the video I posted dude!
Took me like an hour of my day to hit all the timesavers I could find on your'e track..

Ill review the latest version.

-The track is still not easy or medium, Its a hard track atleast lol, but only because of a few obstacles that you would never see in a medium track. (e.g bunny hopping between rocks).
0:19, 0:36 and 0:43 on my video are all hard obstacles.
Though i understand that is is "easy or medium" for more experienced riders.

-Visually the track looks very nice, I can see a bit of time and effort went into this, what I like to see!

-The driving line was very good in the latest version. I always like tracks that have possible timesavers that are very hard to pull off but don't take anything away from the overall flow of the track.
I don't know if the timesaver I found at the very beginning was intentional. Although tricky i thought it was very cool.
The toughest timesaver by far was driving off the radio antenna and doing a huge bunny hop so you land on top of the tree's stalk. But again the fact that this was possible was a bonus to the driving line.

There weren't many obstacles that were frustrating. Well perhaps my only criticism is that the part where you bunny hop the rocks was very close to the previous gap you have to make at 0:40 in the video. I found that a lot of my runs would end prematurely because I would go a tad too far because it was a blind drop onto the platform below. This was a tad annoying at times because of it being a blind drop it was always a gamble whether it would make or brake a run, especially after hitting some huge timesavers.

Overall the track leaves alot more to be enjoyed without the wheelying at the beginning. I feel that you should make a track perhaps in the future with the wheelying and more ninja obstacles. A ninja only track.
Ninja elements + Speedrunning afterwards for me doesn't mix well in a track imo.. But I appreciate what you tried to do http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Having said that I very much enjoyed the latest version of the track, It was a track that I could happily sit on and enjoy speedrunning.

Nice track dude! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/dance.gif

Glad you liked it. The timesavers were not at all intentional btw, but I'm glad you found them haha.
That video is really awesome, I somehow managed to miss it :/

I'll keep the difficulty tips in mind next time I'm making a track... First I need to get some ideas though >_>

s0ad667
04-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Many thanks for that easier version. Might have some harder obstacles than expected by the difficulty, but personally i'm fine with that. As long as it's not a ninja obstacle and i don't see those wheelie platforms, my alienate sensor isn't tickling.

Thanks again for creating, keep it up. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM
I really like the small things that make the track fun. The stack of cans that fall and the brick dominos are super cool!