PDA

View Full Version : Know this: my rating policy, in effect as of now

rlmergeuser
03-28-2013, 12:43 AM
sooo, I played some user created tracks. Tracks with a rating of 4 or 5.

Like the "medium" one, where I amassed 180+ faults because of.. actually, I don't know, the ****ty checkpoints maybe, or the fuzzy obstacles which never would have made their way into an even "extreme" on the official tracks, or the fact that the creator crammed as mauch random vegetation as possible into the world leading to a framerate of roundabout 4...

or the "hard" supercross map I tried just a few minutes ago where for failing a jump (=losing anyways) you get punished because the placing of the checkpoint makes that jump about ten/twentyfold harder. 5 stars.

and that's just an excerpt. I'm sick of this. What is so hard about actually judging user created tracks on their merits in comparison to what the game itself has to offer? And what's so hard for you creators to make an honest, fair track where the incentive for completing is NOT to give you a 0 star rating.

So, since apparently the majority of people don't recognise **** even when **** spits them in the eye, I'm going all binary on this: 0 or 5. Maybe 1, if you put up a nice scene. Who's with me?

LukeMSki
03-28-2013, 01:11 AM
Just so you know, a 0 star rating means no rating. A 1 star rating means the lowest. So give 1 stars to the worst tracks.