PDA

View Full Version : Do you play a ton of Evo Gold tracks? Over here, please.

RetiredRonin
03-27-2013, 08:21 PM
Attention! Do you play massive amounts of Trials Evolution Gold Edition User Generated Content?! Do you see amazing creations and think to yourself "That should be in RedLynx Picks!"? Well, this just might possibly be your shot to help decide what goes into those feeds!

http://www.mediafire.com/conv/0a28fe7349d3714d569d56ddb7f0ff2d6653f6c800732f1139 b2c863e935517c6g.jpg

We are currently looking for players interested in the chance to help cultivate and curate Track Central on Trials Evolution Gold Edition!

What does it pay?
NOTHING. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Why do you need help?
Currently RedLynx Picks on XBLA is run by the Community Team here at RedLynx, with level designers, programmers, artists... basically everyone else at RedLynx, suggesting tracks and skill games to be featured in RLP. We've found (don't tell them!) that the nominations in the RedLynx Picks thread for XBLA is full of tracks that are typically of a higher quality than some of the things that are nominated internally.

This MIGHT be because you guys tend to play the game FAR more, and better, than we are able to.

What would be expected of me?
We want curators to be fair, open-minded, and unbiased in regards to tracks made by anyone... friends, family, your most hated rival... We need you to be able to work together with other curators in group-based discussions to decide upon tracks that should be forwarded to us in consideration of RedLynx Picks from the upcoming RedLynx Picks (PC) nomination thread.

What would I need to do to apply?
Drop your Uplay name, as well as a few tracks from Evo Gold that you think are deserving of a pick, and a detailed explanation of WHY, into this thread.

Who selects the curators?
Well, RedLynx in general, and Mr. CannibalShogun and myself will be the ones that curators will be dealing with. Beware, PMs asking things such as "What about me?" will most likely put your name down on the list a few notches. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

So? How's it going to be? Are you going to sit back and watch as the Shogun and I search the vast plains of Track Central, hoping to stumble upon some gold, or are you willing to step up to the plate and secure our place on the wall of Track Central Curators?

PS: I know I have some lacking PhotoShop skills.... But yeah, It's actually After Effects... http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/whistle.gif

ConfusedMuscles
03-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Quick question. If track creators like mysef wanted to be part of this what would happen if say I made a quality track or someone else in the group put one out. My Username is ConfusedMuscles. So far I have seen very little tracks that I would deem Redlynx Picks worthy. I will edit back into this post if I see any and will give my opinion on them.

Things I look for when deciding how good I think a track is:
1. All bikes available should be able to complete the track
2. Consistent Difficulty: This is very important for me. All obstacles in a track should all fall into the same category of difficulty. I have played tracks on gold that have swayed from extreme to easy and back to extreme.
3. Correct Difficulty lablel: If a track is labeled as medium I expect play medium difficulty.
4. All object should be supported and nothing should be floating unless the theme allows for it.
5. I like for a track to have a theme. It hads realism and really adds to experience of the track.
6. Driveline: I look for drivelines to have flow to them. This does not mean I expect all tracks to be able to run through while holding down the trigger the whole time. A track needs to have a line that is fun to play. This means no sharp driving curve turns or really abrupt stops without warning. Alternate routes can be a good thing as well as well placed timesavers. These add replayabilty which means I will likely spend more time on the track.

I could go into more detail but I don't want to make this too long. I would love to help Redlynx pick quality tracks. I hope I get the chance to do so. I will show no bias if I were given the chance to be picked.

Closest Track I have seen on TC that is worth a pick besides the tracks that have already been picked:

Rail Rider by nickrev

Pros:
1.All bikes available can pass the track- If a bike that is available can not pass the track it can be quite frustrating to players who may not at first realize this.
2. The driveline has good flow too it with some decent timesavers.- This goes along with the one more time factor. If aa track has shortcuts or timesavers it will make the rider work harder to get a better time, which in turn will lead to more replayability.
3. Background isn't bad, didn't really see any floating objects.
4. Medal Times are set right.
5. Has correct difficulty rating, is borderline easy but it is better to overrate a difficulty than underrate.
6. Had that one more run factor.
Cons:
1. Overall atmosphere could use some work, use of environment/ daytime setting could have been tweeked.
2. Background could use some work as well as some of the objects that made up the driveline.
3. At times foreground items hinder the riders view.
4. The curved rail at the start of the track seems out of place and is overlayed over the train car railing.
5. Middle of the track a group of barrels are sunk into th top of a train cart.

I would not deem this track pick worthy but it is the closest track I have seen yet.

cris-tan10
03-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Before I drop what tracks I think deserves to be in the picks, can you just answer these questions please? Can I pick ninja tracks? Are there any tracks you don't accept no matter how good it is? What tracks are the xbox team working with picks mostly looking for? If you answer this questions I can get a good idea of what tracks I can or cannot pick.

cris-tan10
03-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Alright, since i'm not patient, assuming that the picks are the same as on the xbox, here's what I look for in a track: I usually split it in two categories; fun and technical. Good fun tracks for me are tracks that has a unique environment
-that has innovative features (eks your character shooting at helicopters etc while you ride)
-Tracks with good physics ( like the one elmonator makes)
-tracks that are basically fun and doesn't require much skill, it's just relaxing and it has unique ideas.
In technical tracks I look for a good driving line that is easy to finish, but hard to do good at it.
-Tracks that you need to find a special route to get the top spot, and tracks that are competitive when it comes to the leaderboard
-tracks that has multiple routes
-tracks that are consistent when it comes to difficulty and how good it is
What I generally look in tracks no matter what:
-Unique themes
-Great environment and background
-matching elements used in the track (eks not using a plane in a western themed track)
- just little things. I really appreciate it when creators put in little details, like something falling, thunder, small object they've made themselves like fire extinguishers etc.

Hope this helps http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

rlmergeuser
03-28-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm new to Trials, and do not own an xbox or played those version/s.
So i don't think that i could be biased but i'm very open to bribery.
I don't play an massive amount cause editing is more fun but i do check it fairly often.

uplay:kesmolato

Tracks that have an difficulty curve that goes up or have unique vehicles are my favorites.

I don't have interest in ninja tracks (lack of skill) , supercross maps (lack of people to play them with).

Cargoracer is so far my favorite map because the controls on that thing are so brilliant. it's a bit buggy, the sounds are weak and you don't always know were to go but damn those controls...

3Wheel has a cool mechanic but the obstacles are more puzzles then obstacles. im not sure if that's intended but i like it.

Sparkling has an awesome theme but it definitively lacks some extra testing/feedback and more time.

RetiredRonin
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
Can I pick ninja tracks? Are there any tracks you don't accept no matter how good it is? What tracks are the xbox team working with picks mostly looking for? If you answer this questions I can get a good idea of what tracks I can or cannot pick.

We typically don't include Ninja tracks in RedLynx Picks for 2 reasons.

1. Most players can't complete them. Heck, I can't complete most Ninja tracks...
2. There are a lot of Ninja tracks in the Highest Rated sections on both XBLA and PC, partially due to reason #1.

When looking for tracks, this is how I judge:

1. Does the track have a fun, challenging, addictive line? If yes, then I might suggest it for picks even if the theme and decoration aren't all that great.
2. Does the track do something that I haven't seen before, and does it do it very well?
3. Do the other guys in the Picks group agree? If not, I either argue about it, or just return to #1 & #2.

Quick question. If track creators like mysef wanted to be part of this what would happen if say I made a quality track or someone else in the group put one out.

Good question! There are a few fairly basic rules, but luckily, we at RedLynx don't usually have to deal with this. If it's Shogun or myself making a track... It's probably not going to be Picks-worthy anyway. (No offense, Shogun)

If you have a track that other people think should be in Picks, then you should excuse yourself from the conversation while that track is discussed. Remember that the other guys will do what they think is best for RedLynx Picks and the players who use that feed for finding high quality content. Bringing your own track into the conversation is bad form, as it is possible it will make it harder for other curators to bring up criticisms.

Trust me, you don't really want to be in that conversation when it's a track you spent your time on anyhow. It feels like someone is kicking your dog. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

cris-tan10
03-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Can I pick ninja tracks? Are there any tracks you don't accept no matter how good it is? What tracks are the xbox team working with picks mostly looking for? If you answer this questions I can get a good idea of what tracks I can or cannot pick.

We typically don't include Ninja tracks in RedLynx Picks for 2 reasons.

1. Most players can't complete them. Heck, I can't complete most Ninja tracks...
2. There are a lot of Ninja tracks in the Highest Rated sections on both XBLA and PC, partially due to reason #1.

When looking for tracks, this is how I judge:

1. Does the track have a fun, challenging, addictive line? If yes, then I might suggest it for picks even if the theme and decoration aren't all that great.
2. Does the track do something that I haven't seen before, and does it do it very well?
3. Do the other guys in the Picks group agree? If not, I either argue about it, or just return to #1 & #2.

Quick question. If track creators like mysef wanted to be part of this what would happen if say I made a quality track or someone else in the group put one out.

Good question! There are a few fairly basic rules, but luckily, we at RedLynx don't usually have to deal with this. If it's Shogun or myself making a track... It's probably not going to be Picks-worthy anyway. (No offense, Shogun)

If you have a track that other people think should be in Picks, then you should excuse yourself from the conversation while that track is discussed. Remember that the other guys will do what they think is best for RedLynx Picks and the players who use that feed for finding high quality content. Bringing your own track into the conversation is bad form, as it is possible it will make it harder for other curators to bring up criticisms.

Trust me, you don't really want to be in that conversation when it's a track you spent your time on anyhow. It feels like someone is kicking your dog. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Alright then http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif BTW: except for the tracks in the picks right now, I see no worthy tracks of the picks, in fact I only think that the three tracks that won the build off deserve the pick. ( No offence http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif ). Also I don't think i'll ever get to the stage where I make pick-worthy tracks, but confusedmuscles has some really great tracks on xbox, so he should think about that. But yeah, i'm definitely up for being a curator as long as it is not so time consuming to the point where I can't even get one day off to study for a test, but hopefully it isn't. So def. sign me up http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif Hopefully I get picked, I'd love to be a curator http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif I have like 15-16 days played on xbox, so I have some idea of what a good track is, especially what a good line is http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

ihazfaults
03-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Awesome way to get the community involved! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif

Uplay name: ZeroFault

I will edit this message with a few pick-worthy tracks when I get back home in front of my gaming PC.

cris-tan10
03-28-2013, 03:11 PM
ALSO FORGOT. UPLAY NAME : cristinat-2611

rlmergeuser
03-28-2013, 06:23 PM
TheRealTeeHill, I'm in http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
03-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Uplay name: Tzahrkiya

Things I look for in a track:
1: Theme, does the track have one? are the objects suited? is the environment/weather suited to that theme?
2: Are objects correctly positioned? ie supporting structures (unless theme supports otherwise)
3: Is the difficulty relevant to what is stated in the info?
4: Is the driving line good ie nice flow to the track and no blind turns into oncoming objects etc
5: Are the tags in the info relevant to the track, ie realistic is not having to flip the bike upside down, land on the back wheel and then flip yourself back straight o.O
6: Is there any replay value in the track?
7: Is the track finishable with keyboard as well as joypad?
8: Is the track fun to play or is it a chore?

I would love to be a Trials Gold Curator, I am admittedly tho spending a lot of time porting the tracks from t2se over to gold coz I loved t2se that much!! :p (that`d be a nice title "official t2se track porter",, lol) but when not porting I like to have a blast at the user created tracks to see whats hot and whats not, also not having ever owned an xbox for evo or hd everything I see on TC is new to me, I see them with fresh eyes and do approach them without bias, it would be an honor to get involved on a more elevated level with Redlynx. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Also just wanted to add in that obviously there will be a team of curators, naturally not all of these riders will be on the same timezone and be able to chat in person with each other on a frequent basis, might I suggest creating a hidden board within the forum only accessible by the curators to leave feedback on tracks and discuss proposals etc for TC? Give the track say 1 week from time of posting till decision on whether or not it should be put forward as Redpick. (was just a thought) It also allows the Redlynx guyz to keep an eye on whats being talked about etc...

so last but not least.. this is for example only.

Frigid Frost by nickrev

The winter theme on the track is excellent with nice little detail finishes like snowflakes and notable colour temperature ambiance, all of the objects/terrain are very well suited to the theme and I particularly like the way that in general its mostly terrain created jumps. The medium difficulty is spot on, there are no hidden turns and the jumps and feel of the track all flows very nicely and you even find yourself in that replay factor going back to see if you can knock off another few tenths of a second. All the info tags are relevant to the track and its more than doable with both keyboard and pad, in general its a well thought out, good looking/feeling and fun to play track with replay factor, it also has the added bonus that it is available with both trials and supercross in mind.

shenlong_db
05-03-2013, 06:03 PM
So..?

What happen with the redlynx picks. is thre already a deal?..

sorry for my english

s0ad667
05-05-2013, 12:36 AM
So..?

What happen with the redlynx picks. is thre already a deal?..

sorry for my english

Good question. I checked before a couple of days out of curiosity, to see what made it in there. Kinda dissapointed to be honest, when i saw only the things that were picked during the days of release. Btw, i said out of curiosity, because i use exclusively advanced search and play every single thing that gets released and doesn't look boring/bad even from the thumb.

shenlong_db
05-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Yeah, I looked up and are the same since the release, And its sad because in all the crap that is the track central, sometimes came a really nice track and I say "That should be in the redlynx picks, so everywhone can see it and play it".

Not that I want to be part of this, also seems not going anywhere

Grettings from chile!

RetiredRonin
05-06-2013, 01:25 PM
We are definitely still moving on this, but there are some other things that are taking precedence.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
What does it pay?
NOTHING. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif ( It's something )

Why do you need help?

This MIGHT be because you guys tend to play the game FAR more, and better, than we are able to. ( I agree )

What would be expected of me?

Got everything your looking for and maybe more http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif ( I definitely fit your description of "expected" )

24/24 time for gaming this year , over 200 played tracks in TC over 300 replays watched out of 400 maps downloaded.

What would I need to do to apply?

roteacher

Hope SC gets in the picks because they are not many and don't get enough exposure .

Easy : Weston MX 1.0 SC Realistic , High Speed , Jumps ... just simple good looking good flow classic dirt map . ( 2nd best SC easy )

WaterWorks Canal : Jumps , High Speed , Themed ... Solid good enjoyable SC easy track ( Number one in SC easy by far )

shaka2 : Technical , Realistic , Classic ... Good flow enjoyable easy track .

Am Werk 2 : Technical , Jumps , Physics ... Same as above .

Portal : High Speed , Mechanisms , Themed , Physics ... Name says it all .

Frigid Frost ( Normal and SC ) : Jumps , High Speed , Themed , Scenic ... Cold but not so http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

Medium : Lots and to long to write takes less to watch 1st replay .

3Wheel
Abandoned - N1 Award http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif
Ab in Hale 3
Achterbahn
Am See
Black White Red - N1 Award
Cold Peak - N1 Award
Concrete Jungle - N1 and good creator aswell .
Dockwoods
Drase
FabeL love SeaNanners - SC
FabeL's Dream Race - SC
Fabel's Temple Run - SC
In the sky
Jungle Trials Final
Les Ruines mysterieuz
Lush - Concrete Jungle - N1 and good creator aswell .
MecaniX - N1 Award ( Just great idea )
Medium Paradise
Physikal Intercourse
ProjectMultipOffLine - SC
Rail Raider
Rattler Ridge - N1 Award ( Best Ratter Track )
Skyhopper
TheBlock
Trials of Persia - N1 Award ( Best Medium SC )
WaterWorks Pt4 - SC
WaterWorks Pt.2 - SC
Wheelies N Stoppies

I stop here PC acting like I shot it in the head for no good reason .
Played at least another 50 hard and 10 extremes next post after a cigar.
Tastes differ no point in explaining just watch replays .

Sorry for late post ... busy playing the games ... I hope soon there will be at minimum 3 to 5 weekly pics maybe even 7 like one a day http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

ConfusedMuscles
05-13-2013, 06:12 PM
This thread should be locked as I assume people have already been chosen.