PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with install and patch ...

rlmergeuser
03-21-2013, 08:03 PM
I can install the game just fine, though it won't appear on Uplay in "My games", and when it tries to install the patch it systematically fails ; something about C:\Config.Msi\PTD80B.tmp not being corrected.

I tried to download via Uplay but, of course, it just isn't there, and after 6h of looking into it I still can't find a solution. Am I supposed to wait or do something ?

PS: I have the DVD ROM and 2 Key Codes (1 for the game itself, the other for DLC).

Sorry if I made any mistake, I'm not a native speaker, but if you need more information I'll try my best !

--------------------------------------------------------------

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5 CPU M540 @ 2,53GHz, 4,0GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

RetiredRonin
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
What happens if you go to the following directory and run the executable?

c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Trials Evolution Gold Edition\Datapack\TrialsFMX.exe?

rlmergeuser
03-21-2013, 08:12 PM
I can get to c:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Trials Evolution Gold Edition\Datapack , but there's no TrialsFMX.exe

RetiredRonin
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Are you using the Russian language?

rlmergeuser
03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Alright so I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and TrialsFMX.exe is there. It launched the game via Uplay and it works (without the patch)! So, thanks for that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif

However, launching the game from the Start menu will trigger the patch install, which brings the same problem as before ... is the patch really necessary or should I just use TrialsFMX.exe's shortcut from now on ?

rlmergeuser
03-21-2013, 09:23 PM
Actually I tried using the English one first, then French x)

RetiredRonin
03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Try launching from the exe as admin.

rlmergeuser
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
TrialsFMX.exe has disappeared now that I accidentally triggered the patch, I have to uninstall everything again first so hold on a moment :/

rlmergeuser
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
I already launched it as admin ( I always do) and it changed nothing at all, but whatever. As long as I can play offline I'm cool with it, thanks a lot http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif