PDA

View Full Version : I make my friend's game crash when I join multiplayer games

rlmergeuser
03-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey, I love the game, but the multiplayer is a tad broken for me! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif
When I try to join anyone's game or anyone joins my multiplayer games their game crashes (no errors messages or anything, just closes) also, I have noticed, when I search for an online game it gets about half way and then crashes. I have opened ports on my router, disabled the firewall on my router, disabled windows firewall, disabled my anti-virus and I don't know what else it could be! D:

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix for it?

Trials Version 1.0.0
UPlay Version 2.1.8

rlmergeuser
03-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I have a feeling the staff or helpers will want to know both of your versions (1.0.0. or 1.0.1) Steam/Uplay? And things like that.

rlmergeuser
03-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I have a feeling the staff or helpers will want to know both of your versions (1.0.0. or 1.0.1) Steam/Uplay? And things like that.

Thanks for the reply, I have v1.0.0 of Trials (although I got a 35mb update on steam today?)
and version 2.1.8 of UPlay

RetiredRonin
03-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Trials should be at 1.01 now (or soon) for all users.

If your friend's system is crashing, it might be best to have his hardware specs.

rlmergeuser
03-13-2013, 11:54 PM
I have the same problem.
I've tried playing with multiple people and random games online and I can't play with any of them. I can get into a party with friends but once the the party leader launches the game they crash. The problem has been narrowed down to me, I seem to be making the party leaders crash when launching the game. If I make a party and invite people and start a game nothing will happen. I've tried multiple things such as reinstalling Trials and uPlay, forwarding ALL ports... but nothing works. I can play single player just fine. Anything else I should try?

This happens when anyone tries to be party leader, I've tried with about 4-5 other people and they all crash when I'm present in the party.
uPlay Version: 2.1.8
Trials Version: 1.0.0 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif had an update but it didn't seem to change anything and I've validated the files though steam numerous times)

rlmergeuser
03-14-2013, 02:36 AM
I have the same problem.
I've tried playing with multiple people and random games online and I can't play with any of them. I can get into a party with friends but once the the party leader launches the game they crash. The problem has been narrowed down to me, I seem to be making the party leaders crash when launching the game. If I make a party and invite people and start a game nothing will happen. I've tried multiple things such as reinstalling Trials and uPlay, forwarding ALL ports... but nothing works. I can play single player just fine. Anything else I should try?

This happens when anyone tries to be party leader, I've tried with about 4-5 other people and they all crash when I'm present in the party.
uPlay Version: 2.1.8
Trials Version: 1.0.0 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif had an update but it didn't seem to change anything and I've validated the files though steam numerous times)

Yep, my problem is the exact same as this guys! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif
I have now tried with 11 different people, and I cause 11 peoples' games to crash! D;
On one level it's kind of cool, I'm like a trials god, on the other I just want multiplayer

rlmergeuser
03-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Trials should be at 1.01 now (or soon) for all users.

If your friend's system is crashing, it might be best to have his hardware specs.

Okay, thanks for the reply.
I don't know exact specs but it's not like it's a performance issue:

[Friend 1]
i7 processor
8gb ram
Nvidia GTX 680 (? i think)

[Friend 2]
i5 processor
4gb ram
Nvidia GT 550m

[Mine]
AMD FX Bulldozer 8100
8gb DDR3 RAM
Radeon HD 6670 (x2 but i have tried removing one and it does nothing)

All of us on good quality broadband, everyone has port forwarded and tried disabling everything.

rlmergeuser
03-22-2013, 02:24 AM
Any solutions yet? I bought this game mainly to play online with friends.

rlmergeuser
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM

Yes sir! v1.02 of the game has really fixed all of my multiplayer issues! I'd definitely recommend this game!

rlmergeuser
03-22-2013, 04:07 PM

Yes sir! v1.02 of the game has really fixed all of my multiplayer issues! I'd definitely recommend this game!

No it didn't. I'm at 1.02 and still getting NAT errors despite having done everything the support guys here have recommended to do.

rlmergeuser
03-22-2013, 10:22 PM
I'm still getting crashes but I see they're patching it so I can wait a bit more..

rlmergeuser
03-23-2013, 02:53 AM
I'm still getting crashes but I see they're patching it so I can wait a bit more..

same problem as everybody ! what PATCH ?