RetiredRonin
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Where did you buy from?

rlmergeuser
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Steam http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

rlmergeuser
03-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Well i could give a bit info i guess, I bought 2 other games, I was kind of offline in steam when i downloaded and started the game, And everytime i start it i need to confirm to start ubisoft.. Do you think something of these might have caused the problem?

rlmergeuser
03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
go to your steam library (where all your steam games are listed).

right click "trials evolution" and select "show product key".

there you go http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/whistle.gif

rlmergeuser
03-07-2013, 05:43 PM
go to your steam library (where all your steam games are listed).

right click "trials evolution" and select "show product key".

there you go http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/whistle.gif

Sadly that was the first thing i tried but nothing is there ;/

rlmergeuser
03-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Could need some more help ;/

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 02:04 AM
Could need some more help ;/

when you right click trials gold,, "view cd-key" should be the next option under "play game",,, if it isnt there contact steam support..

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 07:07 AM
THIS is really a large issue over the internet and steam community. When you buy the game via steam you DO NOT recieve the cd-key that is required in this load of turd, that is called uplay.

Ive reported this problem to steam and so have plenty of other people but no answer yet. Its no reason that this is a beta. If you put your money on something, then you oughto get some in return.

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 06:34 PM
THIS is really a large issue over the internet and steam community. When you buy the game via steam you DO NOT recieve the cd-key that is required in this load of turd, that is called uplay.

Ive reported this problem to steam and so have plenty of other people but no answer yet. Its no reason that this is a beta. If you put your money on something, then you oughto get some in return.
Encountered the same problem as I bought "Trials Evolution Gold" -pre-order from Steam. The list on the right tab doesn't have link for CD-key, neither do properties under left tab. Steam's customer service hasn't answered anything either. This problem seems to be fairly widespread, so I'd recommend this issue to be on high priority.

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Count me in guys. I just asked for a refund at the same time. Hopefully this speeds up the process.

Any of you guys received answer from steam support?

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Havent got answer yet but you can read this in steam community and find out that steam is washing their hands on this issue. Theyre saying its uplays fault.

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
So has anyone contacted uplay now? I just did, if they ping pong me on this stuff then it is god damn amateur hour. I'll copy paste their customer support answers so they can hear how stupid they sound if thats the case. This is why I prefer 1 drm (steam) whenever they integrate several of these stores and "services" I just get different cancers sprouting up everywhere, rather than one single big one which I at least know from top to bottom.

I wont jump to conclusions though, but if I could get a link to that topic on the steam forums, that will certainly help me set the tone for my uplay customer support message later.

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Couldnt agree more with you.

This forum doesnt allow me to post links becouse ive just registered. Kinda uhm ****ty? But youll find it if you go to steam library and via trials evolution to community hub. Theres a thread "purchased a game but cant find the activation code or key!" Ill try if I can send you a pm.

This is my first time using uplay so I've no idea where or how to contact them but Im thinking its not my responsibility to sort this out. You could also paste that link to uplay staff.

rlmergeuser
03-08-2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I also don't think its my responsibility to sort this **** out, but I guaranteeeeeeee you that if you wanna play the beta BEFORE it ends (the only way you can?) you gotta speed the process up, and if you wait for answer from one of the customer support before you start playing with the other customer support, then you will find yourself hanging with your balls in your hands, and in my case without any preorder incentive at all. This I wanna prevent in any way I can. Even if it means wasting my weekend away with CS and forum scavenging when all I wanted was the beta I was promised at purchase.

I got a bad feeling for this overall, with the sluggish speeds these fixes (usually) get implemented, and since this beta is already nearing its end. I guess the preorder incentive in my case is in long gone. Really looking forward to explaining the local law of trading with my country versus the probably extremely uptight refund policies of steam. Seems I just bought myself an incredible headache. Hooray!

rlmergeuser
03-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Get a lawsuit going. Uplay's getting into false advertisement with this type of bullcrap. It's a garbage (and needless) service and needs to be taken down ASAP. The "OH NO OUR POOR SERVERS" excuse isn't an excuse at all.
Simple stuff.

RetiredRonin
03-09-2013, 01:54 AM
If you preordered through steam and did not get a key then you will need to contact steam support to get one.