PDA

View Full Version : Framerate issues on single-GPU system

rlmergeuser
03-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi,
I'm using a Sapphire Radeon HD7970 and I'm getting framelags on very wide and open maps.
It's not like constant low FPS, more like a slight stutter every half second or so. It's pretty annoying since it makes precision driving very hard and my eyes start to hurt after a while.
Since I only have one GPU, there's no Crossfire/SLI to disable.
Anyone else with this problem?

noobaroniNcheez
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Anyone else with this problem?

Nope.. it's just you.

rlmergeuser
03-03-2013, 06:03 AM
I have a 7950 and not having any issues. game runs at a constant 60fps (vsync) and never dips, ever. Perhaps try different drivers

noobaroniNcheez
03-03-2013, 07:25 AM
I have a 7950 and not having any issues. game runs at a constant 60fps (vsync) and never dips, ever. Perhaps try different drivers

I've got a 7870 and I'm having issues. You have Catalyst? If so, which version.. I think mine is 12.6

*Updated to 13.1 and not really any noticeable difference.

rlmergeuser
03-03-2013, 10:56 AM

I've got a 7870 and I'm having issues. You have Catalyst? If so, which version.. I think mine is 12.6

Im using 13.1 no cap installed. Working perfect. Running the game maxed (lol) with AA AND Sweetfx (a post effects injector). 60 fps with no dips. This game looks worse then quake 3 in some ways so I really cant see what is so taxing for your systems. Id have to say your problem lies elsewhere. Like cpu/ram/software

noobaroniNcheez
03-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Im using 13.1 no cap installed. Working perfect. Running the game maxed (lol) with AA AND Sweetfx (a post effects injector). 60 fps with no dips. This game looks worse then quake 3 in some ways so I really cant see what is so taxing for your systems. Id have to say your problem lies elsewhere. Like cpu/ram/software

AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz 8-core/8gigs Corsair Vengeance/Win7 64bit. I doubt it's my system but who knows. The other weird thing; It lags a little but is still very playable on the Evo side of the game but the THD side is just ridiculous.

rlmergeuser
03-03-2013, 12:27 PM

My system is perfectly fine and runs everything else flawlessly.

rlmergeuser
03-04-2013, 12:41 PM
just go in support section of the forum ! you have a report post where you can explain the problem and put your directx diag to help developper to patch the game ! the more people do it the more easy and faster they will bring a correction ! DO IT !

Willyums
03-04-2013, 12:55 PM
moved to the Support forum.

if you havent already, you should check the first post of this (http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=13911) thread and if it doesnt help, post your problem again in that thread as there is more chance of a dev seeing it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif