PDA

View Full Version : Analog throttle controller works as digital (xbox360 pc)

rlmergeuser
03-01-2013, 08:38 AM
I have a wired xbox 360 controller for PC and the throttle (right and left trigger) acts as a digital button. This is pretty awful because this game needs a lot of precision. I am using Win8 64 and when I calibrate the controller everything shows up and works as it should. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

rlmergeuser
03-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Bump, I have this same issue and would love if someone could provide feedback.

WakeXT
03-29-2013, 04:50 AM
Did you rebind it so gas shows as "RT" (right trigger) in the in-game options?

That caused it for me to go digital for some reason as soon as I pressed it 50% down, since the default key was weirdly bound to "A" (which is why I rebound it in the first place).

Just reset the controls to default and leave the "A"-button as gas, the right trigger will keep working normally (and most importantly analogue).
You can still bind brake to "A" or "X" or any other button if you want it easier for the front wheelie tapping-trick over a corner, the left trigger will still act as a brake. Just don't have gas shown as "RT" or braking as "LT".

Personally I bound braking to "A" (and reset checkpoint to "X", bailout to "Y"), so gas now shows as "unknown" but who cares since the trigger is better anyway.

PS: Windows options now showing the trigger axis of the 360 controller is a known bug it seems, as long as the trigger axis works during calibration it will be fine.