PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Hacking & Botting in Evo Gold?

NoDowt
01-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Just curious if any/much thought has been put into preventing people hacking or Botting in Evo Gold? Xbox is somewhat protected natively, but the PC world is much much different...

I'm sure it won't take long for people to create bots that can platinum every track... Or perform memory editing to increase bike speeds etc...

This is something that puts me off getting this version...

Cheers

IFTHISTHENTHAT
01-16-2013, 10:38 PM
You raise an interesting point.

Still, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that to dissuade my interest.

...though...

A bot in multiplayer would suck.

NoDowt
01-22-2013, 11:42 AM
Bump?

rlmergeuser
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
In the past Redlynx has always been very quick about removing bots and hackers from other games. So they have my full trust that they will also take care of our PC version http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

s0ad667
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Yeah, merciless banning worked pretty well in the past.

rlmergeuser
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Nobody really cheated on T2SE anyway, except with the flip tracks, and those who did got a swift, merciless banhammer to the gob which worked rather well.

Nothing to worry about at all. Until AkaM starts tinkering with things...

rlmergeuser
01-25-2013, 11:40 PM
TMI kim.

Nobody really cheated on T2SE anyway, except with the flip tracks, and those who did got a swift, merciless banhammer to the gob which worked rather well.

Nothing to worry about at all. Until AkaM starts tinkering with things...Gold will have many more people, so I expect to see ... many more cheated records and probably with more sophisticated ways (as opposed to cheating flip tracks).
However the t2se way of banning people worked fine. Just this time, there'll be more work to do.

Plus we'll discover all the possible ways to cheat first! Then we'll know what to expect. Only this time, I'm not revealing anything to Kim.

rlmergeuser
01-26-2013, 02:24 AM
Making a bot would take a lot of time and a lot of knowledge for the purposes of what route is faster, sounds like to much time just to have it patched eventually and is more like a cheaters fantasy than anything

NoDowt
01-28-2013, 02:45 AM
Making a bot would take a lot of time and a lot of knowledge for the purposes of what route is faster, sounds like to much time just to have it patched eventually and is more like a cheaters fantasy than anything
Not really when they can 'learn' the routes & inputs needed by watching replays, heck, self learning from 'capturing' replays could probably be programmed into the bot too.

rlmergeuser
02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
tool assisted speed run time