PDA

View Full Version : Question about converting video files before upload

DannersMac
11-24-2012, 08:36 PM
I filmed my run on End Sinister on a tablet, which filmed it in .mp4 file, and it's 20 minutes long, at about 2gig in file size. I originally just went to straight upload this on YouTube with the intention of cropping it with the YouTube video editor, and unsurprisingly it was gonna take over 24 hours lol. I just left it to do its thing and about 89% in my laptop crashed, so yeah, BOLLOCKS.

Anyway, is there a more convenient way for me to do this? I downloaded some program that converted it into .avi so I could edit it in Windows Movie Maker but it made the video really choppy for some reason and it still managed to basically crash WMM. So yeah, any information is appreciated, cheers!

Morfyboy
11-24-2012, 10:36 PM
tough one this mate.. i was going to say to use windows movie maker, but if that didnt work then i dont know wot will... im sure there will be a programme to do it...

wot about converting it using FREE MAKE VIDEO CONVERTER..all i can think of for you to try..ive never had problems with this one and its free..good luck

rlmergeuser
11-24-2012, 10:43 PM
I use virtualdub when it comes to video, powerfull...and free, there's plenty of tutorial to learn how to use it. You should give it a try.

k2nph
11-24-2012, 11:00 PM
i agree with M4rmelade virtual dub is the most proffesional but for quickness and ease of use try
videopad editor, it has a few effects, transitions etc
but main thing is, drag n drop your file into the track, then click save movie easy.
saves into avi, hope this helps.
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif