PDA

View Full Version : New Levels!

HoorayItsMike
10-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I have to say, I'm REALLY enjoying the new levels. I stopped playing for a couple months but playing these new ones made me love this game again. Both the cars are well done and take a little playing to figure out how they work best.

The level designs are great IMO, almost all of them with completely different paths to take and quite a few shortcuts still to be discovered I'm sure.

I thought it was an interesting choice to not include items in many of the levels. I usually think 1 level for each world should NOT have any items, and then 2 or 3 should have one item use and then the other 1 or 2 should have 2 (maybe 3) item uses. After playing them I feel like over half of the levels don't have any items in them. I suppose I don't mind too much but items are usually where the crazy/awesome shortcuts come in and is one of main reasons I feel like I like this game.

But regardless, I definitely enjoy playing these new levels and am already looking forward to the next release! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

P.S. I also like the new addition where if you're first on a level, it says "You're number one!" in the spot where there would normally be a challenger before a race.

rlmergeuser
10-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Yea, these levels are great. And Mike you are a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can get in the top 50 but man not #1 like you are on a ton a levels. You are crazy competition!!!!!

AnttiKi
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
P.S. I also like the new addition where if you're first on a level, it says "You're number one!" in the spot where there would normally be a challenger before a race.
This is not an addition. It should give you that anyway, or maybe it was a fallback if the server can't find you any opponents. Either way, the server code hasn't changed much since release. The only thing that was changed, or actually taken out was showing your position on the leaderboard of that track + one player on each side of you and their times, after you had posted a new score (didn't matter if it was better). This gave us 10 times more performance on the server, which we needed to support the game when it went free for a couple of times. By the way, the server has 24 CPU cores, so it really takes a lot of power to process over 1000 players at exactly the same time.

HoorayItsMike
10-22-2012, 08:21 AM
This is not an addition. It should give you that anyway, or maybe it was a fallback if the server can't find you any opponents. Either way, the server code hasn't changed much since release. The only thing that was changed, or actually taken out was showing your position on the leaderboard of that track + one player on each side of you and their times, after you had posted a new score (didn't matter if it was better). This gave us 10 times more performance on the server, which we needed to support the game when it went free for a couple of times. By the way, the server has 24 CPU cores, so it really takes a lot of power to process over 1000 players at exactly the same time.

Huh, well then I guess I just never noticed it on other courses where I was number 1. Either way, thanks for the info.

Also, any chance you could remove that zeebaarsch guy? He's number one overall and all of his top times on the new levels are glitched/hacked.