PDA

View Full Version : Trials Evolution Title Update and Multiplayer Fix

jenkki
05-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Attention Trials riders! We are releasing the first Title Update for Trials Evolution on Wednesday, May 30 at 2:00 AM PST (10:00 AM GMT). The Title Update addresses a number of important fixes, detailed below. You will need to accept the Title Update in order to remain connected to LIVE.

In addition to the Title Update, the Multiplayer Leaderboards will be reset approximately four hours after the Title Update is released. This reset does not affect Single Player Leaderboards, or Leaderboards tied to Player-Created tracks. It also does not affect your Multiplayer Rank (level) – that will remain unchanged.

The reset was deemed necessary by Microsoft and us, due to the large amount of corrupt data that entered the Leaderboard due to server overload and stress at launch, as well as some issues that have persisted until this update. We’ve worked hard to identify these issues and address them.

Because this Multiplayer Leaderboard Reset will take place after the Title Update, we advise you not to play multiplayer matches for at least four to six hours after you receive the Update, in order to avoid having your data purged by the reset or accidentally matching up with a non-updated player.

The Title Update addresses the following issues:

• Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues – addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
• Multiplayer Stability issues – addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
• General Stability – we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread (http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8823)
• Editor issues – a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
• Scoring issues – a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
• Track Central – a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the “Ninja” difficulty tag
• Skill Games – adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes

We apologize for the Multiplayer Leaderboard reset. However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players, and we feel fair and valid Multiplayer Leaderboards are an integral part of the overall Trials experience.

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 02:39 PM
awesome so i have won like idk 390/400 matches do i lose that on my card thingy?

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 03:09 PM
that ****ing sucks but what ever i just wont play it

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Thats Great. Nice one putting this patch together. The only issues I ever encountered were in Track Central so be interested to see what fixes and improvements are actually like in there tomorrow. Was hoping for more improvements to the process of finding tracks, like paging of results, but hope these are planned in the future I guess bug fixes take priority.

Cheers http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm going to be playing so much MP now!

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm just asking will the single player leaderboard be rest anytime soon or even fixed because i'm around 2,900+ on the leaderboard and well i've stopped playing trials evolution because theres people ahead of me and they've only completed the first 3 difficulties and they've got bronze medals or gold when i've go platinum for all difficulties but extreme and i find it not fair. xx high deff xx(i think thats his name) whos around number 3 on the leaderboard said theres some type of a glitch is that true and will it be fixed? P.S, on 90% of the tracks i've done i'm under 999 in the world so how can the people ahead of me be in front of me? Thanks for you time btw http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

Richieburner
05-29-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm just asking will the single player leaderboard be rest anytime soon or even fixed because i'm around 2,900+ on the leaderboard and well i've stopped playing trials evolution because theres people ahead of me and they've only completed the first 3 difficulties and they've got bronze medals or gold when i've go platinum for all difficulties but extreme and i find it not fair. xx high deff xx(i think thats his name) whos around number 3 on the leaderboard said theres some type of a glitch is that true and will it be fixed? P.S, on 90% of the tracks i've done i'm under 999 in the world so how can the people ahead of me be in front of me? Thanks for you time btw http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

When was the last time you checked this bud cos the leaderboards were all fixed and glitched scores removed from everybody about 2 weeks ago?

sebastianaalton
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
i'm around 2,900+ on the leaderboard [...] i've go platinum for all difficulties but extreme and i find it not fair.
When I first time broke myself to top 1000, I had platinums on all tracks except Inferno III and Way of the Ninja (I had two fault gold runs on both of those). I also had a few platinum medals in tournaments. How many platinum medals you have in tournaments? Improving your silver/bronze medals in tournaments to platinum medals can gain around 300k score per tournament. That's a huge deal. Also if you can't get a platinum, try to get a slow zero fault gold run. Zero faults is very important for best score. #2,900 global rank sounds normal if you still have faults on many extreme tracks and haven't got many platinums from the tournaments.

The difficulty category medals in global leaderboard are a bit misleading. The medal shows the lowest score you have in that category. For example I had a silver medal in Gigatrack for a long time, and all my other mediums were platinum (actually top 1000 platinums). In this case the category medal shows silver. A bit misleading for sure, if somebody has platinums on all other tracks but one. Also there's no category medal for tournaments, and zero faulting tournaments matter a lot to your global score. Somebody might for example have a single bronze medal in an extreme track (and have bronze as the category medal), but a platinum medal in any tournament pretty much replaces all the score lost this way. Get a few extra platinums on tournaments, and you should rise to top 1000 in no time.

Top 300 is pretty tight currently. It requires platinums on all tracks (including all extremes), and platinums on majority of tournaments (TYM and two other tournaments of your choice can be gold, but not less). Top 200 requires fast platinums on all tracks and all tournaments (excluding TYM).

IFTHISTHENTHAT
05-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Great news, looking forward to this. Is there anyway we can get more details on: "...and some issues around the event trigger system"

Thanks RedLynx, you guys rock!

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Good news. I can't even count the number of lockups I've had in Track Central.

Granted, I do spend a lot of time in there. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Nice, but does that mean all ur medals will be gone?

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Awesome.

I_GETHSEMANE_I
05-29-2012, 09:44 PM
as far as the editor changes go, will the TU fix the problem with the "check connection/this track was not created by active gamer profile" messages??? As I've spent the past week putting a level together, and only went offline during the creation process once for around half an hour toward the end of today and I got these messages, attempted the fix posted on another thread by a mod and that didn't work either. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/mad.gif

It's not going to ruin the game if it's not patched in this TU but the editor was a large factor when I decided to buy your game, so if it's not going to be fixed now please can you try and fix it in another one quite soon or at least give us another potential workaround to the problem here and now?

sebastianaalton
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Nice, but does that mean all ur medals will be gone?
No. All medals and achievements stay. All single player leaderboards stay, all custom track leaderboards stay. Multiplayer rank stays as well. Only multiplayer leaderboard (true skill rating + wins/losses statistics) is cleared.

rlmergeuser
05-29-2012, 09:54 PM

When was the last time you checked this bud cos the leaderboards were all fixed and glitched scores removed from everybody about 2 weeks ago?

Yes i know but its still not fixed around the global rank i'm at some how mate i don't understand it and i checked it about 2-3 days ago. Please explain it. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

FlowRiderX
05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
I think our global rank should be shown together with our mp rank (it is so meaningless right now).
Would help me to know when there is a real challenge and when I can play with the donkey http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif .
Something that would be nice to fit into the next update together with the friend beta testing stuff
mentioned in another thread.

nannerdw
05-30-2012, 12:27 AM
...issues around the event trigger system
I really hope this won't mess up my skill game. I've spent weeks ironing out the bugs in the trigger system. It's like building a card house; it feels like it's just barely stable, and I'm afraid it will collapse again if I just breathe on it too hard, lol. Sometimes just tweaking a delay filter by 1/60th of a second can mean the difference between a playable game and a buggy mess. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

Could you please give us some more info on what specific changes are being made to the trigger system?

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 08:16 AM
When you fix the skill games will their leaderboards be fixed too? i think they need to be.

sipe
05-30-2012, 09:22 AM

Yes i know but its still not fixed around the global rank i'm at some how mate i don't understand it and i checked it about 2-3 days ago. Please explain it. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

Medals in global ranking list shows players worst medal in that event. Which means that players can have 99% of platinums but one of the track have bronze and still have bronze in their global ranking medal slot.

If you still think that there is issues, please give us gamertags that you think is not correct and will will verify those.

ben1bob
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
can finally get my teeth into some MP http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

I think our global rank should be shown together with our mp rank (it is so meaningless right now).

that's a great idea. would make it so much more interesting knowing how good your opponents are before you race them.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Apart from some of the fixes for track creators I feel this is a bit lame. Seriously who the hell plays this game for the multiplayer? I really wanted fixes to the functionality of track central. Things to make it more manageable like being able to group your favourite tracks into a play list, tracks and their ratings loading quicker and, oh I dunno, not having to ****ing be dumped back into the opening menu to have to AGAIN ****ing load the tracks and their ratings every.****ing.time you finish a track.

So it looks like this will be a long way off being fixed to how it should be, if it ever does get fixed at all. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 10:13 AM
update is live!!

sebastianaalton
05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Apart from some of the fixes for track creators I feel this is a bit lame.
Goal of first patch was to fix critical bugs, fix console freezes and to make multiplayer playable (MP leaderboards, matchmaking, stability issues, etc). We will of course consider less important fixes for future patches, but it was critical to get the most important game ruining bugs fixed first.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Update comes at slightly different times on different areas, and the MP leaderboard wipe will come about 4 hours from now when everyone should have the update. Please refrain from playing MP until the title update has been delivered to everyone and the leaderboard wipe has been completed. Playing the MP during the leaderboard wipe may cause some score update problems which may need to be addresses separately later.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Got update, now I keep getting errors in match making. Absolutely brilliant well done you have manage to frustrate me more than ever http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif

Daigoro-
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Got update, now I keep getting errors in match making. Absolutely brilliant well done you have manage to frustrate me more than ever http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif

try reading a little closer before you blow your stack.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Actually pal, it says that you should refrain from playing multiplayer only because of the leader board issue, so maybe you should read a little closer.

Morons piss me off

crispaholic
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
lol you just read jorma's post and put up a reply like that? hahaha

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 11:46 AM
IT CRASHED ON 1ST EDITOR STARTUP......AGAIN!

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Isn't the patch already out worldwide? and we are just waiting for the lb to be reset.
If so then this patch has done nothing to improve my multiplayer matchmaking.

crispaholic
05-30-2012, 11:47 AM
i give up...

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Some matchmaking issues are related to the invalid values in the leaderboards, which should be fixed by the leaderboard wipe.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Do

if question == ("this patch has done nothing to improve my multiplayer matchmaking") then
Msgbox ("Some matchmaking issues are related to the invalid values in the leaderboards")
end if

Loop

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 12:14 PM
cheers for the patch, multiplayer seemed pointless till now http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Isn't the patch already out worldwide? and we are just waiting for the lb to be reset.
If so then this patch has done nothing to improve my multiplayer matchmaking.

probably because everyone else is waiting the for the requested amount of time http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Do

if question == ("this patch has done nothing to improve my multiplayer matchmaking") then
Msgbox ("Some matchmaking issues are related to the invalid values in the leaderboards")
end if

Loop

in the nicest way possible.. seriously.. weird!

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 01:53 PM
I ranked up to level 11 yesterday, and today when I went to play I was back at level 5. The actual level does not bother me so much but now my stats do not make sense. I have played the most amount of time online and have more wins than anyone else on my friends list, but some of them are double my current level.

I understand the patch was going to fix the issue of having levels reset, but what happens to those of us that have already had our level reset? I have already been accused of cheating or glitching because of my score on the Icarus skill game, and I do not want a bug in the game to have people question my gaming integrity because my stats do not match my level.

I know my level loss is probably quite insignificant compared to other more regular players, so I am sure many of them would like to know; Is there anything at all that can be done to fix this? Fair enough if there is not, I can live with it, but I thought it was worth a shot coming here and asking.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Sorry but I still have a problem with the "central tracks"
I see the tracks of my friends, it would say that I pay for 2/4 of the games .
I hope you will find a solution as soon as possible !

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 02:05 PM
I ranked up to level 11 yesterday, and today when I went to play I was back at level 5. The actual level does not bother me so much but now my stats do not make sense. I have played the most amount of time online and have more wins than anyone else on my friends list, but some of them are double my current level.

I understand the patch was going to fix the issue of having levels reset, but what happens to those of us that have already had our level reset? I have already been accused of cheating or glitching because of my score on the Icarus skill game, and I do not want a bug in the game to have people question my gaming integrity because my stats do not match my level.

I know my level loss is probably quite insignificant compared to other more regular players, so I am sure many of them would like to know; Is there anything at all that can be done to fix this? Fair enough if there is not, I can live with it, but I thought it was worth a shot coming here and asking.

This happened to me a while ago while I was playing.. I was at level 17, and my game froze up. I reset, went right back in and my level was at 10.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Leaderboard wipe has now been done. Please restart the game if you were playing the MP before the wipe to clear the old invalid values from cache.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Leaderboard wipe has now been done. Please restart the game if you were playing the MP before the wipe to clear the old invalid values from cache.
So I should take that as a no? Or...?

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Just had 5 games back to back with no issues.
Match making was reasonably quick.

'Rematching' worked 3 times in a row until they didnt want me to beat them any more. lol . http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

So far so good. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/dance.gif

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 02:49 PM

Medals in global ranking list shows players worst medal in that event. Which means that players can have 99% of platinums but one of the track have bronze and still have bronze in their global ranking medal slot.

If you still think that there is issues, please give us gamertags that you think is not correct and will will verify those.

yeah i know that but there is one thing i can not understand is that GENERAL RAM(trials hd and evo pro and track making pro) who has all platinums and hes under #200 in the world on just about every track and hes around #1300 global rank explain that please. its almost the same thing with me i'm about under #999 in the world on every track and yet i'm #1912 global rank last time i checked i could be moaning over nothing but i'd just like to know if theres no one around me have glitched there're score. p.s my gamertag is 'Pink Warrior686' and don't laugh at my tag lol and thank you for your help.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi Jorma, tks for the update...

Just one question, when can we expect to see a DLC filled with new goodies available and will it have walking characters(Riders) option....and how much will it cost !

Tks

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Still getting errors after every match. Rematch still isn't working for me. Leaderboards still have players split between a "Top Leaderboard" and a "Bottom Leaderboard". I am disappoint.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Number 1 supercross baby!

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
HC Trials leaderboard is currently badly affected by many people playing with old cached invalid values. We are investigating how to fix the situation.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
It still freezes on multiplayer custom tracks but this must be the 20 checkpoint limter because I tried some of my downloaded short tracks and they work on multiplayer so does this mean I have to go through tons of tracks and delete all the ones with less than 20 checkpoints to play multiplayer or delete them all even the ones I really like and start from new or will there be a new update in the future with higher checkpoint limits because all the long tracks might not be worth downloading in future especially the long extreme or hard tracks.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
I still have the same issue on trials hardcore! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 07:36 PM
I still have the same issue on trials hardcore! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

Me too... I don't know if other people cleared the HDD cache and redone the update... but that's what I been doing every so often. It don't seem to be helping... but I'm hoping the error is still there because some players still have corrupted data in the cache.

I have noticed that when you get the error, log out, log back in, and you can play 2 sessions. Rinse and Repeat. As I'm typing this right now, I just logged in, and I got an error just before the game was about to start.

Couldn't start because game settings are corrupt.

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 08:24 PM
all i want to do is play hc trials this is complete garbage this update didnt fix anything i play one hc trials then i have restart the game and so on please fix it

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Im dissapointed they didn't fix the more then 21 checkpoint freee they simply just stoped you from using more then 21 you go to spawn a checkpoint and it dosnt :/
that pretty cheap and im dissapointed that it screwed up my track

L0RDMelchett
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Jorma,

I'm still getting problems with the multiplayer matchmaking too. I downloaded the patch at about 8pm (GMT) and after maybe 30 or 40 minutes playing tracks from track central I went to multiplayer and selected Hardcore Trials. I managed one game which I got into straight away with no problems and since then I have tried maybe 10 or 12 times and keep getting the same message that we had before the patch:

Failed to initialize session. The requested operation failed due to network error. Please check your network connection and try again.

I don't have any network issues.

Hope you manage to solve this problem soon.

L0RD Melchett

scottmmmmm
05-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Good job with the update http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif Still some problems with HC Trials, but i'm definitely getting into games much more often http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

Richieburner
05-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Leader boards are still messed up, number 3 in supercross has 168000 points with only 12 wins and number 2 has 168650 from 42 wins, number 4 has 156976 from 25 wins.

I assume these cant be correct?

rlmergeuser
05-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Update didn't do anything. I got one game of Hardcore Trials now I just constantly get an error that prevents me from searching. Fail.

ben1bob
05-30-2012, 10:55 PM
matchmaking is very fast, that's good.

i've had errors while it's been searching a few times but just have to research, so i don't actually have to sign out and back in now when i get an error. so that's a big improvement. still not perfect though due to the errors.

i still don't get why it shows my connection as red though when i have an excellent connection regarding ping, jitter, speed. my NAT is open as well and my connection is green in all other MP games that i have. i've had a couple of games out of only about 5 where everyone ended up disconnected bar me and i'm concerned it might be because of this red connection thing i have.

Ajuvix
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
These old invalid cached values aren't something I have to manually delete from my HDD are they? I gather its automatically done by wiping out the leaderboards and resetting the xbox after the update. I'm still getting the same error message after one session in HC Trials. Even if there are still some nasty bugs, I ain't gonna get mad. This is the fastest patch release I've seen for a game in a long time. Shows how dedicated you guys are to standing behind your work. If it takes another month or so to iron it out, no big deal. I plan on playing this game for a few years, so missing out on a couple months of MP is unfortunate, but by no means a deal breaker. I wish some of the whiners on here would treat Redlynx with more respect.

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 12:20 AM
how these scores are managed i dont know. n also iv just won 3 in a row on trials MP and the leader board hasnt even noticed. still saying the same old thing. i dont understand how Dosto707 is in 4th but yet Ko0pa 66 is in 1st. dont make sence.

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 12:22 AM
not even gona pay attention to the MP leader boards coz they dont even know whats going on lol im glad SP knows whats going on tho lol

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 12:35 AM
why is my wins not getting updated on the leader board????? still saying the same thing again.... isit if ppl back out it wont register???

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Leader boards are still messed up, number 3 in supercross has 168000 points with only 12 wins and number 2 has 168650 from 42 wins, number 4 has 156976 from 25 wins.

I assume these cant be correct?

yep, i told the devs that trueskill leaderboards will never work properly, but they didnt beleave me. The LB's will be trash soon and need to be fixed again http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

i wrote a thread called (leaderboard ideas) but i cant find it.

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 01:10 AM
i dont understand how i win a supercross then loss 1 and it only comes up with my loss??????
propa stupid

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 01:11 AM
giving up wiv the MP if its doing that 2 me

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 01:17 AM
i dont understand how i win a supercross then loss 1 and it only comes up with my loss??????
propa stupid

yep, try winning about 15 games lose 2 and my record is 6 wins 2 losses http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif im about to give up on mp already this is ********

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 01:21 AM
way ahead ov ya lol ill stick 2 the SP atleast that cnt go wrong

Stevie Boi ENG
05-31-2012, 01:24 AM
i dont undertsnad how the points system works... wouldnt it ov been easyer just 2 put points for a 1st place n points for a 2nd place when the tordement MP ends???? these score just dont add up

edit 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th i ment.

basicly i mean,,, say if some 1 gets 1st and gets 10 points for EG.. and if som 1 eles gets 1st in a completly diffrent MP race and gets 10 points aswell.and lesser points for 2nd 3rd and 4th.. all the score will be keeped equal depending on what postion u get in the race u know????hard 2 try explain im nnot 2 good at this stuff lol

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 02:45 AM
SteveBoi, this isn't twitter. If you want to update your pose every minute, just keep editing it.

On topic:

Can one of the devs say if we should stay away from HC or it won't hurt to play it?

Daigoro-
05-31-2012, 05:24 AM
wow. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 06:00 AM
Please. You won't be missed.

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 06:05 AM
all you people putting redlynx on a pedestal for fast patches must have down syndrome.
mw3 was patched at least 6 times in the first 2 months so dont feed us this bs about micro$oft dragging their feet

Richieburner
05-31-2012, 06:06 AM
Please. You won't be missed.

Posts like this do not help. Steve is just trying to point out errors he is finding in the game to help to improve it, maybe his forum skills need brushing up a little but I wouldn't let that bother you!

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 06:31 AM
I agree, it's obvious that the leader boards are kinda screwed up. I've lost to Evil X0rb Werks at least 5 times, T1 Yoshi and Sebbi twice each, and I'm ahead of all of them on the trials leader board. It's like the more I lose to the guys with high wins/game ratios the higher I get on the boards. I'd be interested to know exactly how the scores are calculated.

Although, one improvement that I've noticed, is the skill matching is much better than it was before the patch. In general, I'm racing guys who are more my skill level rather than a group of beginners like it was before the patch. Of course, I also occasionally seem to be getting matched up with the with a lot of the big names too, who just leave me in their dust.

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 06:40 AM
just an idea for you guys with the keys to the MP servers, how about you shut them down for 4 hours next time while you reset them?

im sure that would fix things for the people going in there with a clean slate aganst the people that havent yet recived the TU. theres alot morethey could do while they wait.

or iis that just not as logical as i think it is?

xzamplez
05-31-2012, 06:58 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the update made MP worse. I have statistics to back it up.

Before patch: 300 games/7 wrongful losses

After patch: 15 games/2 wrongful losses

Math doesn't lie.

Daigoro-
05-31-2012, 08:38 AM
what math? and whats a "wrongful loss"? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

ihazfaults
05-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Please refrain from playing MP until the title update has been delivered to everyone.

Houston we have a problem... Can someone confirm that if player A started playing evo late on the 29th and all through the morning of the 30 then leaves to do other things but leaves the console/screen on evo menu never exiting the game... Would player A have gotten the patch by somehow getting hijacked out of the game or will he need to eventually exit out and restart?

If its the latter then I can see why issues would still arrise for quite possibly 3-4 days then taper off from there. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/think.gif

xzamplez
05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
what math? and whats a "wrongful loss"? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif
basically a loss that i did not deserve due to game error like freezing.

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 05:45 PM
I think everything seems pretty stable at the moment.
Just had around 15ish matches one after the other
Numerous rematches worked
No freezes or undefined
Respectable pairing time

I had my search preferences to match skill and good latency...

Not to mention its midnight here in Australia
Getting games at this time of night would never be easy

I think things will get better for everyone in the coming days

ben1bob
05-31-2012, 06:17 PM
"undefined" is back!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/eek.gif

just had it a few minutes ago.

and yes the MP leaderboards are still very broken. how can someone have a way lower score than me, less games than me, less wins than me, be above me in the leaderdoards? and by that i mean someone with one match and one loss!

but it still doesn't freeze and matchmaking it still fast. i'm fine with the odd "undefined" but the leaderboards and it recording the match results correctly could really do with being fixed sharpish.

rlmergeuser
05-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Still can't get into a hc trials multiplayer. I've. been through a lot with this game I mean it froze up and then my hdd inexplicably was corrupt which I blame the game for that's right I blame you redlynx but ya know what I stuck around because a patch was promised, what was delivered was a reset of my multiplayer back to level 1 , and that is all. I feel robbed I feel let down, redlynx you disappoint me. Nothing (bar the leader boards which wasn't anything to do with the update) changed do you hate us all? What's the deal?

xzamplez
05-31-2012, 10:38 PM
Still can't get into a hc trials multiplayer. I've. been through a lot with this game I mean it froze up and then my hdd inexplicably was corrupt which I blame the game for that's right I blame you redlynx but ya know what I stuck around because a patch was promised, what was delivered was a reset of my multiplayer back to level 1 , and that is all. I feel robbed I feel let down, redlynx you disappoint me. Nothing (bar the leader boards which wasn't anything to do with the update) changed do you hate us all? What's the deal?
You need to work on your sentence structure, lol.

I think we all feel a little disappointed that the update has not fully fixed the problem, but I doubt that the game is the cause of your hdd being corrupted.

seanyddd
06-01-2012, 12:22 AM
I think everything seems pretty stable at the moment.
Just had around 15ish matches one after the other
Numerous rematches worked
No freezes or undefined
Respectable pairing time

I had my search preferences to match skill and good latency...

Not to mention its midnight here in Australia
Getting games at this time of night would never be easy

I think things will get better for everyone in the coming days

im curious to know if you are playing using quick match, because that hasnt really been a problem ever.

Hardcore Trials on the other hand is heavily broken and is the playlist that most people posting are frustrated with

Barrybarfly
06-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Managed to play about 20 user created tracks in a custom lobby last night without a single hang/freeze at all! This was the one thing that was getting really annoying with trials and now its fixed! YAY! Good job guys! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/clap.gif

Willyums
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
im still getting given the wrong bike.

i played about 25 games (Trials), maybe lost 1 or 2 from host fail but my leaderboard stats say 11/15. (overall stats page still says i only have 3 losses in around 180 games, so ive no idea where these 4 have come from)

i played one game (Hardcore), won both rounds by a large margin (no disconnects), and my stats say 0/1... and after that game i now cant play hardcore anymore - just keep getting that same error.

ive had 'undefined' about 5-6 times, i havent noticed the matchmaking being any quicker and im still being put against level 4s. and this is all post-patch... if it wasnt Trials id be pissed off id spent money on it - its still broken.

ben1bob
06-03-2012, 07:26 PM
so is the HC trials problem being fixed? one game of HC trials per day isn't cutting it for me. i don't even care about the leaderboards as long as i can actually play HC trials...

Ajuvix
06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
so is the HC trials problem being fixed? one game of HC trials per day isn't cutting it for me. i don't even care about the leaderboards as long as i can actually play HC trials...

I've been getting the same error messages, but what I'll do is ignore them and keep trying to start a match. I may get several error messages in a row, but sooner or later a match will actually go through. Sometimes several in a row if I'm lucky. I haven't had a single freeze up, but I noticed that if I go into single player after going through the HC Trials snafu, I have to log out and back in once to get my scores to register to leaderboards. I noticed this happened when passing through checkpoints in single player tracks and there was no red or green time markers. Logged out n back in and they were there again.

RetiredRonin
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
It's being looked into.

ben1bob
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM

I've been getting the same error messages, but what I'll do is ignore them and keep trying to start a match. I may get several error messages in a row, but sooner or later a match will actually go through. Sometimes several in a row if I'm lucky. I haven't had a single freeze up, but I noticed that if I go into single player after going through the HC Trials snafu, I have to log out and back in once to get my scores to register to leaderboards. I noticed this happened when passing through checkpoints in single player tracks and there was no red or green time markers. Logged out n back in and they were there again.

i've even been logging back in and out and it's still got me logged out of the trials servers for some reason. i have to turn the xbox off to make it work sometimes!

*sigh*

rlmergeuser
06-09-2012, 11:43 PM
So you guys fixed hc multiplayer by making it unselectable? That just isn't good enough.

Euan
06-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Do you only come here to *****? It is down for maintenance. Only way to stop it messing up.

FlowRiderX
06-10-2012, 12:57 AM
So you guys fixed hc multiplayer by making it unselectable?

Naturally!
Not one single leaderboard bug in hardcore trials.
Not one disconnect although it is on place 12 of most played xbox live games.
No more undefined bugs and furthermore no delay between the riders anymore.

That's what I call a fix.
GREAT WORK REDLYNX!

rlmergeuser
06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
sorry for the repost, i think this should be in here... there is a major issue with people quitting from online games. if anybody quits at any time during multiplayer mode no points are awarded to anybody in that lobby, for any race in that session... regardless if someone quits at the start of the first race or the end of the last. i learned this yesterday, from gt: chrisquiglisses, who currently is top of the leaderboard of public trials through using this method whenever he is matched against someone of a high rank/level. he openly boasts that this is how he has stayed at the top of the leaderboard. i feel that there really is no point to continue to play online as it is very rare that i manage to complete a session without at least one person quitting, unless you were to fix this issue. whether that be quitting or xbox failure due to freezing, doesnt really matter, nobody will be scoring in that round. would it be possible to get a fix to the scoring system, or better still, a punishment to quitters??? i trust Redlynx will rain thunder on cheaters in this game

peas and gravy love,
smashashotti.

Willyums
06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
if anybody quits at any time during multiplayer mode no points are awarded to anybody in that lobby, for any race in that session... regardless if someone quits at the start of the first race or the end of the last. i learned this yesterday, from gt: chrisquiglisses, who currently is top of the leaderboard of public trials through using this method whenever he is matched against someone of a high rank/level. he openly boasts that this is how he has stayed at the top of the leaderboard.

one day i raced "chrisquigles....", who is top in the world on the mp leaderboard, about 7 times in a row. hes fairly quick but i was lucky enough to win the games and after about 4 he sent me an abusive message and then quit every game after that.
so thats what hes doing, the bastard http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif

rlmergeuser
06-11-2012, 03:27 PM
i had a similar experience upon meeting him... i beat him twice one day, and then again the next and the abusive messages came, saying it was all luck blah blah blah... and then he never raced against me again, he just waits for the first race to start and then he quits so you are wasting your time even playing out the race... its disheartening to think how many races i have had, win or lose, that somebody has quit out of...

rlmergeuser
06-11-2012, 03:46 PM
a friend of mine, gt: RTTC Timberwolf has just had a conversation with gt:chrisquiglisses, he is actually a she... and her reason for quitting is "because everybody does it to me".

rlmergeuser
06-13-2012, 11:25 AM
hello all

just to answer every ones :

1) i was not the first giving abusing messages in the live . some off u dont care about that but since i'm first its 20 to 30 messages i got every morning !! ( i got them all in video with gamertag ) and its not to say GG!!! racist things cause i'm french and others.... but u know it i got some off u 2.

2) about disconnecting and getting no points, i dont find this alone is a nice player (lol http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif ) who doing alot (and is from your country) say it to me so if you whant find the problem you got to check out in your world!

and 4 last yes i'm a SHE and some off you know i'm in wheelchair so yes i got no life and alots times to kill.....

rlmergeuser
06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
hello all

1) i was not the first giving abusing messages in the live . some off u dont care about that but since i'm first its 20 to 30 messages i got every morning !! ( i got them all in video with gamertag ) and its not to say GG!!! racist things cause i'm french and others.... but u know it i got some off u 2.

2) about disconnecting and getting no points, i dont find this alone is a nice player (lol http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif ) who doing alot (and is from your country) say it to me so if you whant find the problem you got to check out in your world!

and 4 last yes i'm a SHE and some off you know i'm in wheelchair so yes i got no life and alots times to kill.....

u were the one who sent me the first mssage after your losing streak, and just because somebody else is cheating, doesnt give you the right to follow suit. save your sob story for spmebody who cares... after being dealt a bad hand in life, maybe you feel you need to cheat your way happiness each day.. i just hope it makes you proud to demonstrate the true nature of the french... and you are right, you must beat the noobs and avoid the vets to be a "nice player" or as we say around here, delusional!

anyway, back to the problem...

after more hours of WASTED play time, this problem also occurs in hardcore trials,i just raced 5 games in a row during which 1person quit everytime, after checkin my scores it appeared as though i had not raced all! no count on the wins/plays tally in leaderboard and no adjustment in score either!

PLEASE DEVS, REDLYNX,OR ANYONE WHO GIVS A MONKEY... DO SOMETHING BEFORE WE LOESE FAITH IN YOU!

rlmergeuser
06-13-2012, 04:32 PM
hello all

u were the one who sent me the first mssage after your losing streak, and just because somebody else is cheating, doesnt give you the right to follow suit. save your sob story for spmebody who cares... after being dealt a bad hand in life, maybe you feel you need to cheat your way happiness each day.. i just hope it makes you proud to demonstrate the true nature of the french... and you are right, you must beat the noobs and avoid the vets to be a "nice player" or as we say around here, delusional!

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif u just macke your true nature yourself lol i got a messages from u and you have racist words!! you think i'm french ? i'm not lolol i live in france but i'm not french (verry nice people who accepted me)
dont macke yourself a "victim" your not. you beat me 2 times!!??? big deal how much i beat you,? several time .... i think you just a kid playing arround and macking problems around .
you dont care about me? same to me. next time i see you in the game i dont give you a chance (and you know its true) and also stop asking your friends and others to dont play with me typical from looser. like i said i'm not french sleep on that bro . BE A MAN WITH BALLS I THINK I'M DOWN WITH YOU RACIST. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/naughty.gif

rlmergeuser
06-13-2012, 04:49 PM
hello all

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif u just macke your true nature yourself lol i got a messages from u and you have racist words!! you think i'm french ? i'm not lolol i live in france but i'm not french (verry nice people who accepted me)
dont macke yourself a "victim" your not. you beat me 2 times!!??? big deal how much i beat you,? several time .... i think you just a kid playing arround and macking problems around .
you dont care about me? same to me. next time i see you in the game i dont give you a chance (and you know its true) and also stop asking your friends and others to dont play with me typical from looser. like i said i'm not french sleep on that bro . BE A MAN WITH BALLS I THINK I'M DOWN WITH YOU RACIST. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/naughty.gif

please quote any message in which i have abused anybody.. with times and dates.... PLEASE

rlmergeuser
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
i will save you the hassle...

opening message;
chrisquiglisses: lol luck
smashashotti: i guess my 2 wins yesterday were luck as well?
chrisquiglisses: yes
smashashotti: i guess if u didnt have bad luck then you wouldnt have any luck at all
end of messages.

rlmergeuser
06-13-2012, 07:05 PM
hello all

please quote any message in which i have abused anybody.. with times and dates.... PLEASE

"i just hope it makes you proud to demonstrate the true nature of the french" you must be killing no?

also about my abused message you say before "lol lucke" its abusing ones lol you kill me man !! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif
are you sure you a man? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/dance.gif
like i said i'm really down with you

rlmergeuser
06-14-2012, 01:41 AM
do u really wanna drag this out in here... and yeah, you are in france and u surrender everytime you get a challenge... thats not racist, it just fits with history http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif i just wanna see the leaderboard fixed, so i can watch u tumble down with a smile on my face http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif and just so u know.... u havent beaten me... yet!

Willyums
06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
and what about when i beat about 7 times in a row and you sent me an abusive message and quit every game from then on, knowing i get no points for those games? is that ok? is it not your fault because theres other people cheating and sending out hateful messages aswell?

this clown should get banned, or just delete the multiplayer leaderboards if theyre not gonna get fixed.

rlmergeuser
06-14-2012, 12:36 PM
u 2 are verry funny ok got no points when someone leave its true .
but you think you are good!!??

will: games play : 172 /winns: 70 /so 102 loose (someone leave or not!) 40.6% of winn

smash: games play :287 /winns 127 /so 160 loose 44.2% of winn

me : games play : 1014/ winns 652/ so362 loose 64.2% of winn

lol that count mans http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/geek.gif

Willyums
06-14-2012, 12:42 PM
im not sure whose stats youre looking at but i have played 241 games since release and lost 7.
anyone on my friends list can confirm im at 234/241.

for someone who is first in the world and loses almost half their games, not to mention quitting everytime you play someone you cant beat.. its a bit pathetic. but to then call someone out on the forum who has played you around 10 times total now and you havent won a single race - thats just a joke.

you are not anywhere near good enough to deserve a global number 1 spot, but to purposely quit games knowing you are cheating hundreds of people out of points they should get is disgraceful.

rlmergeuser
06-14-2012, 12:54 PM
i'm sorry I thought you really are willibum7 which is 54 in the rankings http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

also dont say i'm the only one quitting games others do it RTTC is one of theme and show me how to do lol
also sometimes is the game freez the 360 and you know its true so you dont need to be on my back 2 i have nothing to do with you i play , i got times and i dont want and I do not want to spend my time on forums to apologize for being the first you want to be first, plays!

Willyums
06-14-2012, 12:57 PM
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif nope thats not me but now im considering a gamertag change!

rlmergeuser
06-14-2012, 01:03 PM
sorry again http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif
and to close this players crying about disconnecting but i loose 530.000 points cause this problems and i dont crying

rlmergeuser
06-16-2012, 04:01 PM
i'm sorry I thought you really are willibum7 which is 54 in the rankings http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

also dont say i'm the only one quitting games others do it RTTC is one of theme and show me how to do lol
also sometimes is the game freez the 360 and you know its true so you dont need to be on my back 2 i have nothing to do with you i play , i got times and i dont want and I do not want to spend my time on forums to apologize for being the first you want to be first, plays!
I am RTTC Timberwolf and you are not only a cheat, but a damn liar as well. You were quitting way before our exchange. You beat me 1 set, and that's fine. We raced a second and you were about to be DNFed and what happened... YOU QUIT. I messeged asking why you would screw me out of the points and you replied that's what ppl do to you. Don't point your delusional guilt at me honey.. own up to your stupidity or STFU and leave me out of your lies.

rlmergeuser
06-16-2012, 04:18 PM
I hate to be the one pointing out the obvious on a similar subject, but... Gigatrack.. I've raced that damn track 100s of times. It's roughly 7 min on a decent run, coupled with 2 more races its basically 8 and half to 9 minutes for total possible points of 30. 3500 leader points if you win I think, not sure of total. So 9 min 3500 points... Does everyone ever finish? No, does anyone ever quit? Every single freaking time I've raced it. So now its 9 min no points. Or if you don't vote the marathon Gigatrack, in 9 min you can earn 3 sets of points valued roughly at 10500 providing no one quits. I'm almost to the point of saying why bother with Gigatrack at all if its voted. Anyone else feel the same? If so then why do we keep voting it over and over? It's a sleek track, and I do like it, but not if I'm racing it with no bounty at the end of the set. If I saw one set with Gigatrack and no one quit I'd be shocked. I've already started leaving a lobby if someone leaves before me, I may do the same if I see Gigatrack win the vote. IDK.

Richieburner
06-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Oh the joys of forum *****ing- lets hope RL can fix the 'no points for all if someone quits' issue and we can all continue on our merry way!

Ajuvix
06-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Yeah, all this pissin' n moanin' hurts my eyes. I thought for sure you got your win and points when ppl quit on you. Why else does it say "Finish the Race!" if there's no point? I was wondering why I won 6 in a row yesterday and only 4 counted. Thought the leaderboards were a little slow updating or something. I feel bad for rage quitting a couple times now. Guess it should say, "You just got robbed! Poop on you, please try again." Lots of ppl quit too, btw.

rlmergeuser
06-17-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't mean to piss and moan. It's a great game, and the interface is much better then I expected honestly. I too have been guilty of the occasional rage quit. I have quit a couple times after learning about the glitch to show some (you know who you are) how aggravating it is to have 30 points and nothing but a sliver of xp for you effort. If anyone else fell victim, I sincerely apologize. Good racing all see ya on the tracks.. except you Dosto.. lol holy hell your fast.. hahaha!

rlmergeuser
06-28-2012, 05:08 PM
i have updated my trials and it says the update cannot be found and i have deleted and reinstalled twice and turned m xbox on and off and NOTHING IS WORKING SO I THINK IT SHOULD BE FIXED BECAUSE IM NOT WASTING 1200MSP FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/mad.gif

Barrybarfly
06-28-2012, 06:05 PM
i have updated my trials and it says the update cannot be found and i have deleted and reinstalled twice and turned m xbox on and off and NOTHING IS WORKING SO I THINK IT SHOULD BE FIXED BECAUSE IM NOT WASTING 1200MSP FOR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/mad.gif

Try deleting the game and the update and reinstalling them after you clear your cache to see if that helps.

rlmergeuser
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't mean to piss and moan. It's a great game, and the interface is much better then I expected honestly. I too have been guilty of the occasional rage quit. I have quit a couple times after learning about the glitch to show some (you know who you are) how aggravating it is to have 30 points and nothing but a sliver of xp for you effort. If anyone else fell victim, I sincerely apologize. Good racing all see ya on the tracks.. except you Dosto.. lol holy hell your fast.. hahaha!

"It's a great game, and the interface is much better then I expected honestly"

Whaaaaaaaattt??????? I agree that it's a great game. But the interface is easily the worst part of the game and possibly the worst I've seen this generation. It's amazing how unfunctional it is and the fact that RL seems to be ignoring the mess that TC is while they're worried and spending all their time on the stupid multiplayer. I would truely be able to enjoy the qualities of this game if the cursor stayed on the last track I played, you stayed on list view after playing a track, and you were able to organise player created tracks into personal folders (favourites, fun, etc, etc). Is that so hard? It boggles my mind that it isn't already like this.

rlmergeuser
07-06-2012, 06:01 AM
lol I was expecting in the very least another NASCAR type multiplayer interface... You know green light drops and all the cars are launched into a pile in mid air.. lmao. That's what I meant. At least the multi is functional and other than some occasional lag issues it is very raceable.

rlmergeuser
04-09-2013, 02:41 AM
please !!! help me :'( i cant run my trials evolution .... when i tried to open it ... it says the application has failed to start because ITS SIDE BY SIDE CONFIGURATION IS IN CORRECT.please see the application event log
or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

please help me with that error i cant play that game. that error always shows up !!! :'(((( http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

please reply here ASAP ... thank you in advance for those who will help http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

mutetus
04-09-2013, 04:17 PM
I moved your topic and answered it here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14925#p246591">viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14925#p246591</a><!-- l -->