PDA

View Full Version : PB level editor. rotational speed of the rear wheel [SOLVED]

rlmergeuser
05-25-2012, 04:11 PM
(already post in level editor but it's a bug so...) [edit: NOT A BUG!!!!!!!]

Hi,

I've made some sounds for my BMX: one for wheels onto the ground, one when the rider accelerate, and one for the freewheel.
That last one give me troubles:
- I turn it ON if the player don't accelerate and if the rear wheel is rolling in the same time
- The sound is modified by the rotational speed of the rear wheel
- It doesn't make sound during roll back

It works very well on the first map, but on the second one, there is some parts of the tracks where the speed of the wheel fall and stay to zero.
I check that passing in "skill game mode" and setting a counter on that data.

The racing line can be straight or curved... All time the same bug in same parts. I really don't know the reason.

Do you know that and reasons?

Thanks

rlmergeuser
05-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Ok sorry it's not a PB. I found what the probleme is
Rotational speed of the rear wheel depends of the direction of the bike....

Not very convenient for me and my freewheel but I think I can do something for that.

Sorry for this useless topic.

rlmergeuser
05-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Ok sorry it's not a PB. I found what the probleme is
Rotational speed of the rear wheel depends of the direction of the bike....

Not very convenient for me and my freewheel but I think I can do something for that.

Sorry for this useless topic.
well at least this is some good info for the deep editor thread

rlmergeuser
05-25-2012, 05:32 PM
well at least this is some good info for the deep editor thread
Done! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

dasraizer
05-25-2012, 07:35 PM
physic joint a dummy object->{physics=on,linear/angular/friction/weight/set low->off} with the wheel hub and snap the pivot and dummy to the hub,
set
physics joint->{point-to-point, hard, custom,linear-> { softness=0,dampen (not sure)i set mine high(100) , restitution around 2ish }
angular->{softness=0,dampen=0,restitution=100},disable collision=on,combine pivots=on,pivot strength=max}
now using an object info pointed at the dummy you should (not tested, this is off the top of my head) be able to get the angular velocity for the rotation in the local system.

edit:-even though the editor only shows 1/100ths resolution there is much more to items like velocity, i *10000 and still had fractions in the 100ths http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif