PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard score decrease

rlmergeuser
05-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Help developers! I'm so confused! My leaderboard score was just above 18 million and suddenly it dropped to just below 17 million. I understand the rankings go up and down.. but the score should only go up right? Is this because you guys recently fixed some glitches that may have boasted my score above what it should have been?
And if not, can this be fixed?

Chicago__AJ
05-15-2012, 03:13 AM
On day one the servers glitched giving many players extra points. Your score has been fixed. You are now where you should be.

rlmergeuser
05-15-2012, 03:21 AM
So that would explain why none of my friends were affected?.. they didn't have the game on the first day.
Well thank you I feel better knowing my score is correct rather than worrying that I was being cheated out of over 1 million points.

Chicago__AJ
05-15-2012, 03:22 AM
No problem.

rlmergeuser
05-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Anyone one else want to confirm this or have any thoughts?

Colors_of_Life
05-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Your glitched score was adjusted to what it's supposed to be.

sebastianaalton
05-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Yes. Server crashed on first day (huge demand). Some players got double scores from tracks. Leaderboards were fixed, and extra scores were removed.

NonRedOrchid
05-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Leaderboards were fixed, and extra scores were removed.

The leaderboards are not fixed.. They are still broken

sebastianaalton
05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
The leaderboards are not fixed.. They are still broken
All glitched track scores have been removed. Global ranking (career) leaderboard is currently being recalculated. Majority of the scores in global leaderboard have already been fixed, but it will take still some time to process all players. We can now also recalculate scores of single players, so we can keep the leaderboards in good shape with less hassle in the future. Patch will also fix the head banging exploit, and that helps things as well. So all single player leaderboards are in very good shape, and will be in the future as well.

Multiplayer leaderboard is messed up, because of a bug in score submission. The score submit bug will be fixed in the patch. After the patch we can start competitive multiplayer gaming as well. Now MP is pretty much only usable for practice (as leaderboards are not yet working). When the patch goes out we will clean up the multiplayer leaderboards. A full leaderboard reset for MP is possible, but we are still evaluating alternative options (but it seems that majority of the scores are messed up). We hope that the patch will solve all issues in multiplayer leaderboards for good.

rlmergeuser
05-15-2012, 05:08 PM
what is a time frame that we are looking at for the patch to come out... I'm not trying to be arrogant or ignorant in the fact that it takes awhile for fixes to be 100% and may never be... but... and i speak for probably 90% of trials players... on the hardcore leaderboards im sure we would like the leaderboards to be reset sooner then later if your decision would be to reset the leaderboards rather than wait and figure out other options and reset them... im prolly rank 20 give or take in all actuality but i wouldn't care if they were reset to get them back to working...

rlmergeuser
05-16-2012, 04:26 AM
Thank you sooo much Sebbbi for your confirmation!!!!