PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Multiplayer Advantage - No Countdown?

rlmergeuser
05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey,
This is something I've experienced 4 or 5 times now:
Sometimes in a set of multiplayer races the game will just say GO with no countdown and let me drive off whilst the other players are clearly stuck waiting through the countdowns.
I imagine most people would think this a gift from god but I'm paranoid about being reported for hacking/cheating.
Is this a known issue?
Thanks.

rlmergeuser
05-15-2012, 05:01 AM
I have had this happen to me a few times as well. I dont think you are actually ahead, I think this is caused by poor latency in the match [LAG] because one time when I had one of those early starts, it looked like i was way ahead but i still came in second. After the match i looked at the times and yes, according to the clock i was behind one player but i just couldnt see him.

jonofthejungle9
05-15-2012, 11:31 AM
I have had this happen to me a few times as well. I dont think you are actually ahead, I think this is caused by poor latency in the match [LAG] because one time when I had one of those early starts, it looked like i was way ahead but i still came in second. After the match i looked at the times and yes, according to the clock i was behind one player but i just couldnt see him.

Same here. I took off as everyone was still waiting and finished with noone in sight but still came in 3rd somehow. must have been racing some pro's cos I don't usually fall that far back. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

Elements1992
05-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Happened to me once or twice, i just think it's lag. I think the same is probably happening on their screen