PDA

View Full Version : Physics joints disconnect after save/exit/load

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I have had this issue a few times now where the Physics joint will disconnect from one object making the pivot disappear , I have looked through the forums but can see anyone else with this issue.it only seems to effect it when you save it and then loaded it up in private match to test with friends but this error carries over if you go to edit it again

Please help my track depends on the joints working

thanks

irpx
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
What kind of objects have you jointed it to?

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 11:53 PM
It is the Large bridge section east (i think) of the saw mill, I have issues with three joints, all are connected to the highway segment, one Angular, two linear.

I have noticed no that the joint icon remains only one part will detach, once attached again the pivot will spawn in the most southern side of the map miles from the original position.

hope this helps

rlmergeuser
05-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Thank god im not alone, I was seriously beginning to doubt my sanity! I had been trying to join a rope to the crane structure already existing by the waters edge, and one side kept disappearing after saves. I would then repair it, save it, test it, continue building, then save and quit. The next day, it would be broken!!! I now own 1 less controller thanks to the sheer frustration this (among many other) glitches this game contains! More on those glitches to come in the other "freeze" thread.

rlmergeuser
05-28-2012, 10:59 AM
are you having issues only on joints that are attached to objects that are already part of the map?

as I have several others that are user created items connected by Physics joints and they all work fine only those that are connected to ready made map items

I will try and replace the existing items with ones of the same type and let you know if this works

rlmergeuser
07-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Hello, I just had this problem on my track, did the replaced object worked?
Because I have exactly the same problem with the highway base. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

dasraizer
07-12-2012, 12:12 AM
i recall reading somewhere that the saw mill has some old objects that should have been deleted, select the object and see if it has any properties, if it displays something along the lines of "Undefined object" try placing a dummy object in the location as an anchor for the physics joint, also you may want to set it to no contact response as dummy objects have detection models !!!