PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Game Condition Filter please

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 01:00 AM
OK! my understanding with the game condition filter is that if the condition is set to Silver Medal and the filter is attached to an Effect Event, then when the timer hits the silver medal mark it should activate?? is that right?

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 01:06 AM
OK! my understanding with the game condition filter is that if the condition is set to Silver Medal and the filter is attached to an Effect Event, then when the timer hits the silver medal mark it should activate?? is that right?
Im not sure, I just use the "Track Settings>Game Mode Settings>Medal Times" tab in the editors start menu.

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 01:10 AM
I guess you could do an "If statement". Like if a silver is 1:22 then do "if time(operator) is equal to 1:22 (a set var using operators) then send impulse to Event:Silver_Medal_Finish

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm trying to activate an event at the silver medal time whilst the game is still running... I understand what logic should be done but just can't get it to activate!

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 08:43 AM
SORTED!

I recently learned about the 'next impulse' source which basically is a counter that starts to count at your set time from the start of a game then triggers your event.

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Seems like you have it sorted already, but I am 99% sure that the Game Condition Filter is for the Result of a game.

For example if you have it set to Silver Medal, it won't activate until the player finishes the track and receives a silver medal.

It's also important to note that any successively higher medal will activate it's lower ones. For example, a platinum or gold medal will also trigger the silver medal event.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Yeah, thanks Mike I recently discovered that also.. slowly learning how everything works at the moment.