PDA

View Full Version : Framerate Issues with track section (but not while testing)

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Ok here's the deal , got a section of track , 2 big shipping container + chain + physics.
Testing it out via the editor i get no framerate problems, looks smooth as any other time.

Creating a private lobby with my friends to test it out and on this 1 section of track the framerate takes a huge nose dive. Now I don't wanna upload the track yet if its going to have problems.

I turned phsyics off on the containers , and then there is no lag (but thats boring and unrealistic and looks poop). What remedies are there for this?

My physics bubble is not huge, plus they are not enabled till you are close. Could it be overly strong force settings on the chains thats making it spazz out? I don't really wanna decrease my view size, I did knock it down a little and it didn't affect this.

Anyone have some suggestions, or had this problem themselves?

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 08:18 PM
You could get rid of effects/lights in the area if there are any. Also you can change the distance with which objects appear and cut down on that somewhat. If you do have lights and want to keep them, you can turn the dynamic shadows off. Other than this I'm not sure. Maybe if you're doing multiplayer it will bog down but not,in single.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Also what you could try is turning off headlights on the bike this should help if its light problems.