PDA

View Full Version : Delete saved progress?

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 05:57 AM
My fairly new xbox live account was hacked this weekend. Microsoft was great about returning all 6400 of my stolen points and helping me set up stronger security measures (though now that i've added lots of friends and no longer leave points sitting on my account, i'm also much less of a target). However, the thief took it upon himself to play my newly purchased copy of Trials: Evolutions that I hadn't even downloaded to my xbox yet, and he'd completed all the way up to the B license test! For me, part of the fun of a game is playing through fresh, beginning to end.

Is there any way I can delete game progress since it seems to be linked to my gamertag?

jonofthejungle9
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
If there is a way, I hope they don't make it public on here. People would just use it to reset thier stats and make it look like they got Platinum in every track in 2hrs or something. I know people will be using second accounts etc to do this anyway.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Well, I don't see what's wrong with going for a master run on a game. If you're counting on other people for a game's fun value, you're not doing it right http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif'm also a converted nintendo fangirl, so if I'm just not understanding your mentality, I'd love to hear the explaination (: )
And people aren't doing it with second accounts because you have to buy a completely new copy of the game for each account. Even my console's guest accounts can't play the full Trials: Evolution. They're stuck with the demo.

But that aside, I'm stuck with this little thief's records! I'll keep his achievements if I have to; I'm stuck with achievements from mw3 and some kiddy game already. I just want to start the game from the beginning.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
If there's no way to reset, you should make a checklist for each track, so you'll know when all of the times are yours. Also, are you sure you need multiple copies of the game? I would think that you would just need multiple gold accounts.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't believe there is any way to "reset" leaderboard scores for an existing account. I asked this once in the context of the previous game, TrialsHD, and nobody knew of any way to do it. Its probably more of a Microsoft thing than a RedLynx thing (since the XBLA leaderboard servers are run by MS).

Regarding playing the game under multiple accounts:
Normally, additional gamertags can only play the game on the XBox console where the game was first purchased. Since it sounds like the hijacker is the one that first downloaded/activated the game on his XBox and not your's, I'm not sure if this can be fixed. There might be a way to transfer this "home console" designation for a game to another box, but I'm not sure how.

There is, however, a workaround.
You should be able to run the game under your (primary) account on any XBox, since your account is still the one that purchased the game.
After starting the game (which should then be in unlocked mode), use the XBox button on your controller to go to the XBox dashboard, where you can use Y to log off and then log on to a different account.

But if it were me, I would just play through from the beginning on your main account (just start at the upper left, D License Test), and go through in order. You're right, its not quite as satisfying, but if you are worried about his runs being the high score, just make sure to come back after you've unlocked the Scorpion and Phoenix bikes to regain the high score yourself.

emerica6708
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't know of anyway to reset your progress, but I do know how to make it so you can use the game on any account on your Xbox, since you never downloaded the game after you purchased it and the thief downloaded it to theirs their Xbox is the rightful owner(at least to xbox live.) You need to do what's called a License Transfer, here are the instructions [code:1hdpi7mx]You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.

If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses. Here’s how:

On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

Go to the Settings, and then select Account.

Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.

Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.[/code:1hdpi7mx]

I've had to do this before and it's very easy and works great, if you want the original source for those instructions here is the link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content hope it helps.