PDA

View Full Version : Can you change disable after hit on area triggers somehow?

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Can you change disable after hit on area triggers with an event or by some other means while the track is in progress. I've uploaded a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oapz_s4Qc0w) to show my issue so give that a watch real fast.

The problem occurs when the plank attached to the tire hits the trigger and disables it's own physics for reasons of making a stable platform. with disable after hit active it works completely fine until it comes back around for a second pass on the left. With disable after hit inactive the plank gets caught in it's own trigger and I'm not sure what I can do to stop that from happening.

If there is some other work around to my issue I'm all ears. If you can change the disable on hit for the area triggers somehow while the track is in motion that will solve my problem outright.

sipe
04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
All of the properties checkboxes and sliders can be dynamically changes with variables. Just use Y button to point into your variable.

Checkboxes
value 0 = unchecked
value 1 = checked

Sliders
value 0 = slider option 1
value 1 = slider option 2
etc..

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
That will work great sipe thank you for the quick response. I saw the option to hit Y to set a value there but had no idea what that would do. I'm now vaguely recalling something similar, or this exactly, in shogun's tutorials so I must have just forgotten with all of the other things going on in this editor.