PDA

View Full Version : Long jump event help needed

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi. Can anyone help me out on how to make the distance trigger stop when the bike hits the ground for making a long jump event. I have the trigger activate when the rider leaves the jump but can't figure out how to stop it counting upon hitting the ground? It just keeps counting.
Any help much appreciated.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I have no idea as I havn't touched the editor at all, but make sure you post and let us know when this is completed, I've been looking for one of these and think it would be great fun, please tell me its not another cannon one though, there are quite a few already

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
No it's not a cannon it's a huge ramp for the decent and then a jump (think huge ski jump style) as that's all my friend has been asking for. To quote them "build a massive jump"

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 01:25 PM
sounds perfect, ill give this thread a bump, someone will help soon

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Sorted for now. I placed a HUGE hit box trigger on the ground triggering and end game event. And that's sorted it out but now I need to get the counter to start when I leave the jump again. I've messed something up and it's counting from the start line instead of the peak of the jump. Hmmm I'll figure it out.

SparkierJoNESZ
04-25-2012, 05:50 PM
in the skillgame tutorial their was some explaining about the wheelie skillgame, it used something that checked if the wheel hit the ground, you might wanna check that out

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm kinda doing the same skill game as you at the moment but going about it in the complete opposite way. I got all my triggers working just finishing background hit me up on xbl in about 6 hours I'll be on and try at give ya a hand.
Also mine should be up tonight at some stage
monsta bonza

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Why not use an "On Hit" Event so when you hit the ramp after a long jump, you can tie that to a "State" Event and set that to off and then select what you want to turn off.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Just put mine up finally got fireworks happening its called long jump by monsta bonza
If ya trying to do what I'm thinking you need a trigger at end triggers by rear wheen to set an off value to counter. Like I said mag me on xbl and I'll try nut it out for you

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Why not use an "On Hit" Event so when you hit the ramp after a long jump, you can tie that to a "State" Event and set that to off and then select what you want to turn off.

If you are still having problems with the counter you can always use a variable data source and simply have it set the counter to 0 when hitting an area or hit trigger.