PDA

View Full Version : Need help burning my rider

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Alright I'm trying to set my self on fire but just can't get it. I have a fire long effect which a effect event is connected to by a blue line. A interval triggger is connected to it to make the flame go on and off. I have a area triggers where the fire is which connects to a fire event which is connected to the effect event. I can get the flame to go on and off fine but does not burn the rider. Or i can make it when ever I pass the area triggers flame on or off it will burn the rider.

CuBNI
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
there is an example of burning the rider in the editor, the fire effect is just the effect itself, you have to change player state to on fire when he visually touches the flames (i think)

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 11:27 PM
I saw the example and I can do that but when i put a interval trigger it doesn't work.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm really trying here anyone help let me explain again.

I'm trying to make fire go on and off. But when you drive over fire you will get burned.

I have a fire long effect which goes off and on just fine. I have a interval trigger enabled start tick 0 interval 2.00 select event to effect event on toggle. The effect event target to fire long.

I have area trigger right next to the flame. It is connected by on hit to a fire event.

I can't make it work after this point a few things happen like when fire is off I still catch on fire or when I put a interval trigger connected to it I burn outside the area trigger.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 05:42 AM
Im confused. Why are you using an interval trigger? Simply have the fire event and effect tied to an area trigger to trigger the fire. Then simply place another area trigger on the fire connected to a fire event and have the fire event so that it sets the rider/bike on fire. Maybe I am misunderstanding the scene you are trying to create but if you simply want the rider/bike to start on fire when he enters the area on fire make it 2 parts. 1) area trigger -> effect event -> fire effect. 2) area trigger (on the fire effect area) -> fire event -> set rider/bike on fire. You can do the same thing with water to put the fire out.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
I use the interval to make the flame go on and off . I want the rider to dodge the flame. If I can make the area trigger turn off and on in sync with the flame effect that would work but don't know how.

CuBNI
04-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I think i understand you now, for this you would need a state event (think its called that) added to toggle the area trigger enabled/disabled at same time as fire effect is toggled on/off

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Ugh... Still can't get it. Tried every variation. I either catch on fire after two secs no matter where I'm at or don't catch on fire at all. Thanks for the help btw. Maybe you do know I still can't get it more detail please?

katamariUK
04-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Add a new Interval Trigger and set it to disable after 1 impulse.
Add a State Event ON event and point it at the Area Trigger that goes to the Fire Event (make sure your Area Trigger is disabled).
Add an Impulse Delay Filter and set it to 2 seconds (or how long your flame effect is ON for).
Add another State Event OFF after the Impulse Delay Filter and point it at the Area Trigger.
Add another Impulse Delay Filter with the length of time the fire effect is OFF for.
Join this end of the chain back to the State Event ON event and you have 1 impulse constantly looping switching ON the Area Trigger, then OFF.

CuBNI
04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Not at xbox but maybe something like this;

Impulse (set at what interval is needed)
|
impulse Splitter
/ \
state (toggle) Effect (toggle) - fire effect (disabled to start with)
|
Area trigger (disabled to start with)
|
bike/player fire event (on)

hope this helps

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Thanks so much! Will try this ASAP! Gotta get some sleep to much trials on my day off almost 8 hours just today.