PDA

View Full Version : supercross split driving lines

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 04:54 PM
I just found this on YouTube and didn't see it posted anywhere on here...
I think it's awesome
To the person who made the track, well done!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z66q3ePcQHg

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 05:49 PM
That's pretty slick!
I can't wait to make some tracks in the new editor
I gotta get my platinums first... Only 6 more to go!!!!

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 06:39 PM
Ive never tried to make a supercross track but this looks pretty interesting, got a few good ideas with this in mind.

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
woah its sick go play it

Retribution
04-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Dope track. Hope RL adds this kinda thing for future supercross.

RetiredRonin
04-25-2012, 12:00 PM
What is the track called?!

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 12:09 PM
What is the track called?!

Description says Track Split. Jam 51 as the creator.

RetiredRonin
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Thank you greatly. My iPhone is giving me troubles right now and could get the desc to show.

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you greatly. My iPhone is giving me troubles right now and could get the desc to show.

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Unfortunately, it's got too many checkpoints, so it crashes on finish. Really well done though, but could do with more driving line track textures.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 06:59 PM
well, i've worked out how to do the split track thing, but getting the cameras to work is going to be a pain. also, i cant seem to get the checkpoints after the split to work properly

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 01:14 AM
That is amazing and confusing. I just wish 2 things: that I knew how it was done, and that I didn't have to get up and reset my Xbox just now. Developers, do you know how that was done? Alternatively are you (the devs) able to download a track and look at it in the editor, or is that not possible?

Also, should I delete the track or is there going to be a fix for the 'too many checkpoints' issue? Ah I'm gonna delete it anyway. Awesome idea though.

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 02:19 AM
oh, its pretty simple to get the driving line to split. you just need spline points like this:

1_______________2_________________3_______________ _654

the numbers are the spline points, in the order you place them. the underscores are the driving line

4, 5 and 6 should take up less distance than their markers. they should also have HUGE turning radii, meaning they have to be quite far from checkpoint 3 (and 7)

the challenge is to get the cameras and checkpoints working

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 03:55 AM
oh, its pretty simple to get the driving line to split. you just need spline points like this:

1_______________2_________________3_______________ _654

the numbers are the spline points, in the order you place them. the underscores are the driving line

4, 5 and 6 should take up less distance than their markers. they should also have HUGE turning radii, meaning they have to be quite far from checkpoint 3 (and 7)

the challenge is to get the cameras and checkpoints working

That text description doesn't quite help your point of it being "simple", maybe a video demonstration would fare better. Im sure there will be one eventually, if not already available somewhere.