PDA

View Full Version : Triggering Object Position Event with bike?

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I've set up the whole visual keyframing using the Interval Trigger which send 3 seconds of impulses to the curve data sources associated with the position of my object.

BUT

I'm wanting allof this to occur when my bike passes through a trigger.

Much like if I was to pass through a trigger to activate physics, I want my Object Position Event (Animation) to start.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

PLEASE! Show me your knowledge oh wise Redlynx community.

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Just going to clarify, your question is how to start the interval trigger when the other trigger is hit?

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Actually the problem is..... I can trigger the Interval Trigger using the State Event but...... the Curve Data Source just continues on its own.

When I do trigger it using a normal trigger the animation is already half way through.

If that makes sense. Its so difficult to explain myself in text lol

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Just going to clarify, your question is how to start the interval trigger when the other trigger is hit?

Yeah pretty much, I'm just wanting my set up anim to start when my bike passes through a trigger. The curve Data Source just seems to continue even when I'm not sending any imulses to it.

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Use a state event to turn the curved data source on, it sounds like you have it enabled from the beginning so it just starts counting up before you want it to?

attach a state event (set to "On") to your trigger, then attach that to your curved data source (and disable it) now it wont start counting until you hit the trigger

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Use a state event to turn the curved data source on, it sounds like you have it enabled from the beginning so it just starts counting up before you want it to?

attach a state event (set to "On") to your trigger, then attach that to your curved data source (and disable it) now it wont start counting until you hit the trigger

I love you man! I thought I had tried that but I was selecting the wrong option in the State Event. Man I have alot going on for one simple animation, but its working now, when I pass through a trigger.

THANK GOD for Favourite saving!

xB00MEx
04-25-2012, 05:58 AM

Thank you, I was having the same problem.

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Ahh man, I can't thank you enough, this has been doing my head in for a couple of days now!!
I had the same problem, animations appearing to jump or start half way through, I was using the state event to turn on the impulse generator not the data curves!! Oops!

I had to sign up just to say thank you! Enormous thumbs up!!