PDA

View Full Version : how to make the lights go on and off simulating cop lights

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 03:27 AM
On trials hd I was able to achieve this by using a dummy and rotating axis passing through a area trigger.... activating the event per a cycle.

On trials evo, its a bit different. Does anyone know how to? I have 2 lights, red and blue ones. A lights on event is attached to them with toggle on. That part works but the whole rotating axis spinning a dummy isn't working to trigger the switching of the lights on event off and on.

Can someone help or have a video of it?

Found a tutorial on triggers that helped and made it so much easier to do what i want with interval trigger. Here is the tutorial I seen for those interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zme0O2A9CK0&feature=channel&list=UL

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 05:06 AM
I'm not 100% on this but try using a point light with a curve data source, and the same for the other side of the police lights. With the curve data source the values should probably be set as
start: 0
end: 100
Looping: X
Invert Second Half: X
Duration: 1 Second
(Opposite start and end for the other light)

And link it like: curve data source > Light On event > Point Light.
I managed to link the curve data to a camera event by pressing Y on Enable.
I'm not sure if this'll work, if not something close to it maybe! (:

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Use a interval trigger, set the interval number to whatever you would like the time between on and off to be

add a state event, set the mode to toggle, then choose the "select event targets" and choose your light.

attach the interval trigger to the state event and your done. you could then copy the light and state event for the other light (you can use the same interval trigger for both), and set one light to on and one to off in the editor. They will now be staggered (so one will turn on as the other turns off, and they will keep going as long as the interval trigger is enabled)

rlmergeuser
04-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Use a interval trigger, set the interval number to whatever you would like the time between on and off to be

add a state event, set the mode to toggle, then choose the "select event targets" and choose your light.

attach the interval trigger to the state event and your done. you could then copy the light and state even for the other light (you can use the same interval trigger for both), and set one light to on and one to off in the editor. They will not be staggered (so one will turn on as the other turns off, and they will keep going as long as the interval trigger is enabled)

This was how i did it... thx