PDA

View Full Version : Sharing EDITABLE Tracks

rlmergeuser
04-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Is it possible for a friend to share a track and then you can edit that track in the editor.

With friends learning the editor it would be good to have a copy of what they are working with , or to see where any errors are in thier track.. There must be some way right? Tell me the secrets..

rlmergeuser
04-19-2012, 10:24 PM
I would like to second this request. I'm making a Trial by Fire skill game and I'd like people to make lots more so being able to send them a base setup would help.

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 07:18 PM
this was possible in hd wasn't it? im sure i saw people collaborate and build tracks together.

JJtheGerman
04-24-2012, 07:21 PM
1. Make Gamertag
2. Write down password and e-mail
3. Start making track and save to the cloud storage device
4. Let somebody else recover the gamertag (password and email needed)
5. Profit

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
this was possible in hd wasn't it? im sure i saw people collaborate and build tracks together.
Pretty sure it wasn't

OT: I have no arguments with this BUT if there's even a SLIGHT possibility of track stealing it's a massive no-no. People should need permission from the track ccreator before they can edit tracks. Seriously, I've had maps stolen before and there's nothing more annoying than spending 150 hours of hard work on something only for some 12 year old wannabe to steal all your hard work for a bit of attention.

/rant

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I can see how it might be hard to incorporate editable tracks into the whole framework at this point, but what would work just as well is the ability to share Favorites. That way you build something (like a bomb cart), save it to your favorites, then share that.

Secondly, I'm thinking the only way to do it is make a video of what you want to share, which some people have done already.

CuBNI
04-25-2012, 10:42 AM
+1000000 for the sharable favourites idea, if its possible of course.

Something like this would improve the quality of the custom tracks and custom games as currently it feels like im "recreating the wheel" so to speak making stuff that others have either already done well or at least done to a point where we could improve them to what we require for our own tracks/games.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 10:52 AM
If it is possible then itd be good to have 2 check boxes when you publish a track to give permission for editing by people on your friends list or editing by the public.

noobaroniNcheez
04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
1. Make Gamertag
2. Write down password and e-mail
3. Start making track and save to the cloud storage device
4. Let somebody else recover the gamertag (password and email needed)
5. Profit

Just quoting this since the posters after you clearly missed it.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Nobody missed it , there's no need to requote just to be an idiot.

I like the idea of marking an uploaded track as editable so that people that downloaded it could bring it into the editor , however that might lead to the Youtube trend of stealing tracks and re-uploading and that track having more uploads than the original creators.

Prehaps a way to share an editable copy with a friend only.