PDA

View Full Version : EVO - KNOWN ISSUES [Please report ALL issues on THIS thread]

Pages : 1 [2] 3

TheMovement81
04-22-2012, 07:40 PM
On day one the custom track leaderboards worked fine for me, but ever since then, they do not show any scores at all.

"Could not retrieve scores from Xbox Live."

I tried deleting the game and re-downloading it and the custom leaderboards still do not work.

Delete your xbox live account but only the data stored on the console. Afterwards recover it.
Mostly solves such problems.

I deleted my profile from my console and recovered it, and even deleted the game and re-downloaded it again and custom track leaderboards are still not working.

Odd thing is, when I sign on as Band of Misfitz on the same console, the custom track leaderboards work fine. But on my account, nothing. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif Any of you Devs have any input??

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Console froze when browsing in track central. I was in the "Highest Rated Trials" section, selected a track, pressed B to go back and immediately selected the same track again. Screen showed only background, music was playing, but nothing happened and no buttons worked. Had to hold power button to turn console off.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 08:53 PM
The buttons for "View Gamer Card" and "Invite This Friend" in the multiplayer menu. doesn't work.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm getting green lines pulsing through the ground at the beginning of my custom track. Has anyone else experienced this and or know what causes it?

It's hard to describe, but there will be a very thin very long green line that appears on the ground, that is basically going in the direction of the driving line and is as long as the camera can see. It goes from the foreground to the background very quickly and disappears, but is followed by another one and it just continues to "loop"

I have a few layers of terrain stuff in the area, but even once i deleted it, the lines still happen occasionally. I have several objects that are moved with the object position later on in the track but aren't moving at the beginning. I've had those there for a long time and no green lines. I tried deleting custom camera at the beginning and green lines still there.

Its not that big of an issue. I just want to know what causes it. I'm sure its a "noob" mistake, like texture flicker or light pixilation

Edit: I finally got the dreaded xbox freeze while building last night, Luckily i hadn't done much after saving. Saving often while building is just good common sense. Never know what could happen. Power go out, xbox freeze, accidently load another track or start a new one

sipe
04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm getting green lines pulsing through the ground at the beginning of my custom track. Has anyone else experienced this and or know what causes it?

It's hard to describe, but there will be a very thin very long green line that appears on the ground, that is basically going in the direction of the driving line and is as long as the camera can see. It goes from the foreground to the background very quickly and disappears, but is followed by another one and it just continues to "loop"

I have a few layers of terrain stuff in the area, but even once i deleted it, the lines still happen occasionally. I have several objects that are moved with the object position later on in the track but aren't moving at the beginning. I've had those there for a long time and no green lines. I tried deleting custom camera at the beginning and green lines still there.

Have you used Thick grass - Set (variation 1) in your track? It might be causing this. Remove or switch variation.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Hi, in the Editor there a bug with the Traduction in french, with all the switch using "On,Off,Toggle" -> in french -> "Désactivé,Désactivé,Activé/Désactivé" that mean -> ("Off,Off,Toggle") that very hard to understand something when you put some switch on/off and it only show : Off lol, i hope you understand and i hope i am in the good section im not very good in english http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 12:53 AM
Please help love trials evolution...my xbox freezes approx every 20 minutes or so while playing...a have deleted it twice now from xbox hdd and redownloaded but issue still remains...please advise on what to do please !!!

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 01:07 AM

Have you used Thick grass - Set (variation 1) in your track? It might be causing this. Remove or switch variation.

Yup that was it!! Thanx Sipe!!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 02:45 AM
I read all the issues so far and I don't see reference to this,

A compiled and shared map (That test's OK locally) causes a XBOX Hang on FINISH event when accessed from public download.

TO REPRODUCE: Run Track "[Devotion] LapDog 1", Trials track, creator simonjroberts, released 22/4/12 and complete the track. On finish the xbox will freeze (with no access to Guide).

Theories: Thin on the ground I'm afraid. I did think possibly a highscore table access issue? but that's just a stab in the dark and doesnt explain the total death I would expect a graceful fail as described in the previous threads. So probably not that.

I did use Thick Grass Set 1 in the construction and I see you have some rendering issues with that model set but it is not in view at that time IIRC. However a camera cut is in process so its a tough call. I'm staring at my (broken for the upteenth time) box right now and its not in the terminal shot that I can see.

No special handling of the game events were undertaken so its not that.

WHO THIS AFFECTS. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/exclaim.gif 100+ crashed boxes so far. So I would class this as urgent...

Please advise what to do about this. I would suggest taking down my track...
Also a REPORT THIS TRACK AS BROKEN might not be a bad option if the compilations are going to a bit screwy while you get it all sured up.

It's a real a pain rebooting the box. I would hate to think of 100's of unhappy users.

Thanks for the awesome editor, I got it to freeze my box completely 4 times so far in about 4 solid days of track editing. not bad really. If I spot a pattern Ill share it.

Thanks very much, sorry for the evil track of xbox destruction...

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm having the same problem someone mentioned earlier in this thread, about gamer profile. Just downloaded the game, when I start it it signs me off Xbox live and a window saying "Initializing gamer profile settings failed" Then it suggests me to sign out and sign in again successfully (checked my storage, got plenty of space). I do it, still won't let me connect to Xbox live but my gamertag is signed in as it lets me browse achievements and such. Then when I go on and do the D License test, in the end the achievement for it won't pop and it says it can't save my progress either. Tried it on an offline profile, worked just fine, achievement popped and it saved progress. It seems that the problem is with my main gamertag only. This is just my luck, this being the first XBLA game I ever bought, the game seems really really awesome and really really hope theres a solution to my problem.

Sorry if that sounded a bit ranty, been awake for way too long. =p

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 09:34 AM
The game has froze on me twice. Both times during searching for tracks. Its in between menus and it would freeze. I'm also listening to music on my hd drive if that's matters.

Great game btw!!!!!!!!!

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Im using xbox slim 250 gig hdd... getting sluggy redering also...noticed freezing issues more when in a group either on private match or on mutiplayer...need to reboot xbox after freeze power button does not work have to pull out power source...private chat still works while xbox is frozen up lol...game chat is a fail none excistent party chat very low volumes...when in a group during matchmaking other part member seem to randomly dissapear or get kicked !!!

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Just froze 7 mins into a custom marathon http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

And again 6 mins http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif
And again

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 03:49 PM
After a bit of testing there looks to be a bug with trying to rotate the "General > Ramps > Wooden Ramp - Tiny" with the object position event.

I was using a Curve Data Source to change the Rotation (in my case Bank but I think any.) of the tiny ramp.

Gluing it to a dummy object is a work around.

Related Thread: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8316">viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8316</a><!-- l -->

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Yesterday I spent 2+hrs creating a track in advanced track editor when it froze and I lost everything? Love the game but the random freezing and slow upload of times etc are annoying#

Xbox Slim
250GB save on the hard drive

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey I heard that to unlock 'The Professional' achievement you have to get 135 medals, but I have 218 medals and the achievement still hasn't unlocked, is there anything else for me to do to unlock it, or has my game glitched ?

sebastianaalton
04-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Hey I heard that to unlock 'The Professional' achievement you have to get 135 medals, but I have 218 medals and the achievement still hasn't unlocked, is there anything else for me to do to unlock it, or has my game glitched ?
Click on the Trials Trophy in your event selector, and it will inform you many medals you need to unlock it. The achievement should pop up when you unclock the Trials Trophy.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 05:13 PM
yeah i have the trophy and gold medals for everything and skills games, but bronze and silver for expert and done all the tournaments apart from the last one, so i just guess my game is messing up and dont know what esle to do to try unlock it

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Awesome track, awesome game, btw http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

Issue 1: this track can't be completed by the Piranha bike, as far as I can tell. The first big ramp jump as we approach the roadway isn't clearable (it's barely clearable by the Phoenix).
That or I'm just not as good as the testers http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Issue 2: on several successive runs, the green/red "ahead/behind" time disappeared right at the last checkpoint, and stayed gone until the end. I wouldn't normally notice this, or would chalk it up to leaderboard lag, but it was super consistent on like 3 runs in a row.

I suppose it's also possible that my saved prior run (that generates those comparison times) was messed up somehow)
Confirmed both of these. There is no way to clear that jump with the Piranha bike. Same problem with the Micro Donkey http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif. Again, unless the testers are using a super-secret rocket boost or something.

Last checkpoint "ahead/behind" score disappearing continues to happen every run, even though I've improved my score. So it wasn't just a single bad save.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Usually it takes about 5 mins to get into a game.but I have noticed when someone comes into my lobby they either get disconnected or back out.Then it takes up to 20 mins to wait for the yellow bar to fill up.Today it froze my xbox Ffs ! I have a dream,that one day these developers would sell us a fully working game.....

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Loving the game, but the "Highest Rated" list for user maps is currently pretty useless. I have a separate topic for this, but here's my explanation/suggestion:

It's currently ranking tracks based exclusively on their star rating. The problem with this system is that every single time I look at the Top Rated category, a brand new track with one or two 5 star ratings is in first place while really great tracks (with, say, a rating of 4.8 after 5000 ratings) can't even make it on the list. This basically renders the entire category useless, because it would forever be a constantly shifting list of newly made tracks with one 5 star rating.

It's pretty easy to fix this, though. It's a great, math-y solution that would do a great job of actually finding the good tracks and making sure they're at the top. Since this is my first post and I can't link anything, search google for "How Not to Sort by Average Rating" to get to an article by Evan Miller which explains how the algorithm works and why it will solve this problem.

Keep up the great work, guys. I think the game would be greatly improved if this was implemented.

rlmergeuser
04-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm finding that whilst generally without issue, this game has locked up on me several times. I have found this to happen particularly in the menu system, in or around multiplayer, or user-created tracks. A couple of repro's:

* Enter multiplayer as a remote player, the host randomises track selection and then starts. Complete first set of 5 tracks or so. Before the next set, host tries to make the game open to more players. The game then seemed to auto-start, and crashed both of us.

* Enter game, enter Track Central, Select tracks "My Tracks" and select custom track. Look at the details screen. Press B to go back, then press A to re-enter. Crash.

* Enter game, enter Track Central, Select tracks "My Tracks" and select custom track. Slight connection problems (Slow to load), and press Y to see leaderboards. Crash.

This certainly isn't super often, but I have noticed it more in Trials Evo than possibly any other arcade title. I still love the game though, and imagine it must be really difficult to weed out these problems in such an expansive title. Any help I can give i.e. more info, let me know.

Cheers,
NthRooCH

xPrOFeSsi0NaL
04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Theres another hacker.

Antadurummu on the hardocre trials leaderboards
His score is over 2,000,000 with 13 wins out of 37 games

The guy in 1st has 184,284 score with 134 wins out of 149 games

Obviously hacked.

So Redlynx, do what you guys do to those hacker wont ya! Thanks http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Square Area Select tool makes the game slow down to a crawl when it gets near full-size

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Apart from a couple of console freezes, the problem I regularly encounter is with match-making. It tends to be ok for a few games then, the match-making seems to stall, players will join the lobby and immediately disconnect, the match-making seems to get stuck in a loop and just keeps switching from searching for players to disconnected from session message, while the progress bar continues extremely slowly or not at all. Other times it appears that players have disconnected but, suddenly they'll re-appear when the lobby is full or, another player has joined the lobby.

This happens so often, I expect to encounter it. I've tried tweaking the match-making settings but, it seems to make no difference. Sometimes quitting out to the menu or, relaunching the game resolves the problem, albeit briefly otherwise, I just give up. I don't believe there is any issue my end, I have a good speed connection, there connection isn't shared, I generally experience no problems when gaming online. It's still a great game and I still enjoy playing it online but, I can't play it for as long as I'd like, purely because free time is too precious to be wasting it on these kind of issues.

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 02:58 AM
I looked around but did not see this anywhere. forgive me if it was.
I started my game back up today to find that I had to retake license tests again to unlock levels etc. I first thought I may have saved data on a different device. but then I realized that if I had done that it would not have showed that I had already unlocked 17 medals, cash and % completed on various tracks. Is there some way I can resolve this issue? Thanks for your time.

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 03:22 AM
I've found and issue with submitting trials maps.

If you have an apostrophe in the name of the track (E.G. VK's super awsome map), it will cause the upload to fail. If you try to upload again, a new error message will appear stating that the map you're trying to upload was not made with the current user profile.

I spent two hours tonight trying to figure that one out. After troubleshooting my entire network I just removed the apostrophe and boom, the map got uploaded.

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 04:14 AM
First of all, I like the game...a lot. Über powerful editor?? And Track Central??? YES!!!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/dance.gif

So, here's the issue (and no need to rush on this one, I don't think):

Whilst playing custom tracks, I frequently use the current 1st place rider on each particular track as my ghost. As I'm climbing the leaderboards, all replays seem to work fine. What happens is, when i get fortunate enough to beat that ghost and take 1st place on that track, the rider whose ghost I was previously using now has a broken replay. And what's more, when I load that (now 2nd place) replay, his in game character is...me. Same outfit, same bike. The replay begins, I'm looking at my bike and rider, instead of who should be there, and then he proceeds to fall within the first few seconds.

Here are the tracks where I observed this occurrence:

The Rise and Fall by FlipTaco: Tms45 is now me, and he sucks. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/razz.gif
Solace by Loot Monkey: Dosto707 is now me.
Bipolar by A Bipolar Behr: Z3RODIN
Landfill by InF1ictor
Sunset by xXDonReneXx
By the way, these are all GREAT tracks. Everyone should download them...NOW!
Note: This did NOT happen on Super Bike Boy by redlynxlive. I was using the 1st place rider as my ghost, beat his time, and his replay stayed working. I don't know http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

If I am somehow breaking all of these replays by using them as ghost riders, I apologize to those players. I didn't notice it until now. I will discontinue this obviously stupid tactic until further word is heard. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Euphoric Fusion
04-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Looks like the shadows from some tree variations aren't mapped properly.
Variation 3 has the shadow from the trunk facing the wrong way.

mutetus
04-24-2012, 02:21 PM
I can't believe this just happened to me. I spent 8 hours designing my own track and when I tried to change the bike, the game went back to the main menu and displayed: "Track loading error, Track cannot be loaded". I'm very close to drop a few tears now...

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 04:19 PM
I posted on here yesterday about a glitch with me being unable to get 'The Professional' Achievement even though I got 220 medals and I think I know what caused the glitch, because I think I was doing a tournament and thats when I got 135 medals, but when you get medals in tournaments that scale thing doesn't show up telling you how many you need torwards the trophy, licenses and unlocking other tracks, and because it doesn't show you the bar thing when you do tournaments, which is why I think the achievement didn't pop up for me when I got 135 medals. It's just a guess but I'm pretty sure Im right and hope people know what I mean if they read this and hopefully I haven't made it to confusing http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
04-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Opened Licenses lost when returning to game, all other progress appears saved.

In order;

1 - Downloaded and started playing trial version of game
2 - Upgraded to full game while playing (i.e. same session)
3 - Racked up 19 medals in first session, both D and C licenses acquired.
4 - Returned to game on the day after, game still reports 19 medals and correct $ but everything except the D license test is locked out

Had to re-do D and C licenses at which point Walk in the Park and Fuel for the Flames re-open with expected % complete. Returned to XBOX360 desktop, reloaded issue resolved. I believe this is something to do with points 1 and 2 above.

I have pictorial evidence of this but as this is my first post, the board won't let me post it! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 09:03 AM
FREEZING Again and Again

Well I see no one bothered to remove to map the map I reported as "Freezes the XBOX" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/naughty.gif , guess you all must be busy fixing other things

Just so you know, I can consistantly freeze my box now http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/geek.gif by simply loading up the pro editor and jumping to checkpoint 13 on one of my tracks. I would be happy to share this track to show to issue but since i cant remove it afterwards I am reticent to do so...

great game. shame about the constant freezing. I reboot MANY times a day now. here's hoping for an update that sorts it. best of luck.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 05:18 PM
I just encountered a new menu bug. When in track central (Get tracks) it's as if i press B automatically after a couple of seconds, without actually hitting b. It makes it impossible to scroll through tracks as i select a category (say Redlynx Picks), then after two seconds it goes back to the select category screen.

It works well after a restart, but it's an annoying bug that should be fixed, i think.

rlmergeuser
04-25-2012, 07:21 PM
First of all, I like the game...a lot. Über powerful editor?? And Track Central??? YES!!!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/dance.gif

So, here's the issue (and no need to rush on this one, I don't think):

Whilst playing custom tracks, I frequently use the current 1st place rider on each particular track as my ghost. As I'm climbing the leaderboards, all replays seem to work fine. What happens is, when i get fortunate enough to beat that ghost and take 1st place on that track, the rider whose ghost I was previously using now has a broken replay. And what's more, when I load that (now 2nd place) replay, his in game character is...me. Same outfit, same bike. The replay begins, I'm looking at my bike and rider, instead of who should be there, and then he proceeds to fall within the first few seconds.

Yes, I can't show somebody elses replay right after I've played a user track. It gets permanently ruined, every time. Sometimes two different replays in a row.

Willyums
04-26-2012, 12:22 AM
ive played a lot of multiplayer today and most of these things have probably been mentioned but ill put them down anyway.

- deranked again, twice. 12-10 and 16-14.
- on the mp leaderboards (trials) i have 29w/31games but i havent lost a game yet (and on my stats page its 51/51).
- undefined tracks followed by game disconnect 3 or 4 times.
- when only searching for 'trials' it gave me about 4 supercross games and 1 hardcore game (including one player under level 6).
- 2 or 3 times ive clicked on scorpion and been given the pirahna, and then luckily won overall on the other 2 tracks http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/pray.gif .
- there are people with less wins, less games, less wins per game AND more time played, with a much higher score overall.
- i played without stopping for about 2 hours, won every game but went from 42nd to 61st on the trials mp global.

nothing im majorly upset about but maybe theres something new there or maybe more data from people could help with a solution??
anyway thanks.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 12:56 AM
I've had several instances in Track Central where I end up with multiple sets of controller icons layed over each other on the bottom of the screen. I'll try to find a reliable repro tonight when I get home.
This has been an extremely bad issue for me. Here's what happens: I go to the search screen in Track Central, and without any input from myself after a few seconds I get the "no tracks found" message. At this point the controls listed at the bottom of the screen become overlayered, and I CANNOT highlight any options on the search screen. If I am really fast, before this bug hits I can use the drop down boxes for a few seconds but even while doing so it will randomly pop up with the aforementioned message even when scrolling through the drop downs. Again, the screen becomes overlayered and I cannot highlight options. If I press "A" it goes to the standard icon-driven track central page with it's various options. This means I CANNOT search for tracks, I can only get them via the options, "this week most downloaded" etc. This is, obviously, a serious issue and I hope a dev can try to recreate it and post something here. Cheers.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Apart from a couple of console freezes, the problem I regularly encounter is with match-making. It tends to be ok for a few games then, the match-making seems to stall, players will join the lobby and immediately disconnect, the match-making seems to get stuck in a loop and just keeps switching from searching for players to disconnected from session message, while the progress bar continues extremely slowly or not at all. Other times it appears that players have disconnected but, suddenly they'll re-appear when the lobby is full or, another player has joined the lobby.

This happens so often, I expect to encounter it. I've tried tweaking the match-making settings but, it seems to make no difference. Sometimes quitting out to the menu or, relaunching the game resolves the problem, albeit briefly otherwise, I just give up. I don't believe there is any issue my end, I have a good speed connection, there connection isn't shared, I generally experience no problems when gaming online. It's still a great game and I still enjoy playing it online but, I can't play it for as long as I'd like, purely because free time is too precious to be wasting it on these kind of issues.
I have this too. Open NAT, 60mb (yes, 60) fibre-optic broadband. EXACTLY as above. I've also had freezes when pressing "Y" to view leaderboards as someone mentioned above.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 07:25 AM
I don't know if it's the game or just that people are adjusting their lighting and whatnot oddly, but a lot of user-created tracks look washed-out. In-game tracks and my own customs look fine, though. Anyone else notice this?

For example, MISACCUSED's track Tekneek. (Great track btw)

TheMovement81
04-26-2012, 10:45 AM
^^
What exactly do you mean by "washed out?" I've noticed in testing mine and others' tracks that there is sometimes what I call a "ripple effect". It's not lag, but as if the screen has a brief ripple in cleanliness, like a blur line that appears and dissapears quickly. Is this what you mean by "washed out" or is there another issue?

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 10:50 AM
Washed out is when the brightness is too high and dark colors blend with lighter colors. Basically faded.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Does the known problem with Multiplayer ranking also include lost progress? I just got bumped down to lvl1 after an online race? I don't understand, I can't even choose TRIALS races, only Supercross...Still, my win record in TRIALS PUBLIC LEADERBOARD is there, with points and win-loss ratio?

Is this just a glitch or what?

Xbox tag: Lord Kinboat

sebastianaalton
04-26-2012, 01:50 PM
Does the known problem with Multiplayer ranking also include lost progress? I just got bumped down to lvl1 after an online race? I don't understand, I can't even choose TRIALS races, only Supercross...Still, my win record in TRIALS PUBLIC LEADERBOARD is there, with points and win-loss ratio?

Yes, this issue is a known one (listed in the first post of this thread). Just wait for the patch.

FlowRiderX
04-26-2012, 02:06 PM

Yes, this issue is a known one (listed in the first post of this thread). Just wait for the patch.

Which is coming within the next few days or weeks?

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Friends list in multiplayer start screen (before searching):

- The "Y" button to show friend's gamercard does not work though this function is displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Suggestion for multiplayer track selection:

- Hosts should become able to pre-define a track list ---> Create custom game or such like that...

German localization:

- there is a "b" missing when it comes to finishing message. ATM it says "Du ist (Pos.)" but it should say "Du bist (Pos.)"

- when watching players who are still racing after you finished, it should say "Beobachte: (Name)" instead of "Folgt: (Name)"

Oh well well, I hope the patch will come soon because the game costs me many many nerves... All the crashes / freezes / ranking / match finding issues makes one mad... Red Lynx, you did such a GREAT job with this awesome game, please fix the known issues asap...

Rating 10/10 from me if the issues are fixed!!!

All the best

sebastianaalton
04-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Patch goes though a complex testing process to ensure that everything works as intended. It will take some time, but ensure that things are fixed properly. It's better to fix things properly.

Euphoric Fusion
04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Seen a couple of things in the editor.
Sometimes have lines that fly along through the sky. Also when using a terrain mod it can cause black squares to appear.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Patch goes though a complex testing process to ensure that everything works as intended. It will take some time, but ensure that things are fixed properly. It's better to fix things properly.

if i remember correctly, as a developer, dont you get one patch for free, and then a patch after that costs something insane like $40,000??? is that right?

if thats so it makes a lot of sense for the first patch to be perfect so another is not needed.

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 04:51 PM
In Track Central, when you press X to go into the search screen, you sometimes end up with competing icons layed over each other on the bottom of the screen (depending on what screen you were on when you pressed X to search).

rlmergeuser
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Okay so I managed to get a handle on repro-ing my checkpoint hang.

Basically I am racing in to very top right hand corner of the map. the little racing circuit.

If you set up a checkpoint that upon restart requests the very top right of the map (effectively outside the main map) to be in shot in the background it causes a hang. it only does this on checkpoint restart, not game start, it happens more often than not.

after a (zillion) few tests I basically fixed it by obscuring that part of the requested render by putting a very large building in the way, this fixes the hang. hence my guess at some detail beyond that point (by shooting a ray to locate if I had such a tool) is messing stuff up.

Sorry but thats the closest I can come with the tools I have.

I would suggest there are dragons over in the nethers.

Who knew?

Thanks anywho. Would be nice to have a REPORT TRACK AS FAULTY option in the offensive content section, but given that the next patch is going to be the last patch (fingies crossed) thats never gonna happen.

It's annoying as a dev to compile something that works only to find the resulting executed track online doesnt work in an identical way. But you must know that. please advise me how to go about dealing with hosting a track that breaks other peoples machines.

For me it's unconscionable to provide a custom map that breaks the users machine so I really would like even just a bit of feedback on any steps I could take on my part to fix this.

Thanks again for a great game. and a great editor, I've had a lot of fun creating huge logic trees and using the power of the spillter bubbled logic. My friends and I were hoping one day to share the more esoteric tools we dev with each other but I suspect sharing library items will never happen outside of some horrid hack, which again puts it outside my moral price range.

Good luck on the bug hunt. It will make me a much happier bunny : )

emerica6708
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I've found a small issue, it wasn't in the OP but I didn't read all 11 pages to see if it was mentioned there, so forgive me if it has been. When I go to skill games and select one, then hit Y to see the leader boards, then watch one of the replays and hit B to back out it takes me to the screen with all the levels and license tests and all that. Small issue but kind of annoying to have to go back to skill games and go down to the one I was at.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 12:35 AM
I ply multiplayer and get to "X" amount if levels, ill use my most recent one, I got to level 6 got back on got reverted to level 3. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 12:44 AM
It's not a big deal since you've got the custom collision pieces that we can fix it with, but Concrete Pipe - Elbow Curve variation 1 has a dent on the outer curve of it's collision. A fix would be much appreciated http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif

Chicago__AJ
04-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Please remove the guy in number 1 on Dockside. Apparently if you land on your face over the finish it saves about 13 seconds...

And the guy on Downhill Dominator, what the **** is going on.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Don't have time to read through the whole thread at the moment, but just reporting that my Xbox froze three times today in the track central when downloading a custom track or aborting the download. Could still hear the music, but the screen froze totally, and I had to shut down the console from the power button.

CagBall
04-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I have experienced tracks failing to end after the race. I won the race, everybody finished and disappeared (to go to the lobby) but my rider stayed on the finish line. No buttons worked apart from the xbox menu button so all I could do was go back to the dashboard.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 03:16 PM
This is a really minor issue and not a bug of any kind but when placing long objects in the track editor, like the long railroad track piece, the camera always snaps to a certain view which makes it impossible to see the side of the piece you're trying to line up with another piece. The object's center of rotation is also somehow on the side instead of in the middle like most other pieces. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but this makes some pieces hard to work with.

That minor gripe aside, I'm loving this game so far! Most fully featured, addictive and replayable XBLA game ever! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 05:34 PM
I have been trying to play multi-player all morning, but it has been taking a long time to find opponents. Plus i have been getting a multitude of errors and sessions are crashing. Also the connections seem to be shoddy at best.

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Game freeing why is this not in known isses !!!

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
DOH!

well it fixed it locally. but now I have two maps that crash when used on xbox live.

ho hum. heres hoping the update gets it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

gamertag simonjroberts

feel free to have a look and freeze your boxes (sebbi), I have a friend who has access to process-stepping xboxes as he is a dev house owner but am loathe to pull in favours for what is little more than a folly. Although I suspect that would violate several licensing agreements and may even cause the fbi to come crashing through my front widows. (Hmm there's a game in that ; ) But should you wish to have a look with such kit I would be most pleased.

I'll confine myself to creating a walk cycle for now and see what the update brings...

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
In Track Central, when you press X to go into the search screen, you sometimes end up with competing icons layed over each other on the bottom of the screen (depending on what screen you were on when you pressed X to search).

I've had that a bit, That looks to be the result of slow results from live. I'm pretty sure they'll be fixing this one

Chicago__AJ
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Well I tried asking in my thread about glitched first place runs but apparently it got deleted by someone, thanks for that...

Are the runs on Dockside and Downhill Dominator going to be removed or what?

rlmergeuser
04-27-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey, I didn't notice this thread and made a new one, but I've deleted it now.
I've checked around and haven't seen this exact problem.

I made a pretty good track, when I try to upload it I get:

'UPLOADING FAILED
This track was not made by your currently active gamer profile.'

Has anyone else got this? I certainly made the entire track on the same profile, but I was offline for some of it, could that be the difference? I wouldn't have thought it possible to upload tracks from different profiles :S

I would appreciate any help so I can share my tracks, I put a lot of time into them!

Thanks,
Clif

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Okay so instead I spent all day creating a walk cycle..

which works great, UNTIL.. you disable SHOW EDITOR ICONS then seemingly some logic of the events of the AREA TRIGGERS stop firing, which grinds my man into the floor as im testing his feet for floor hits...

soooo. Ill try to work around it but would appreciate a nod that this is a known issue.
thanks. it's 100% reproducable.

ill try to figure out exactly what

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 01:27 AM
The leaderboard replay bug is incredibly annoying and needs to be dealt with ASAP!

Replays becoming 'corrupt' for no reason (Like, i watched a replay from the leaderboards. It was all fine, then i backed out, and the next time i was going to watch it, it didn't work).

See here for more information:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8668">viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8668</a><!-- l -->

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 02:07 AM
I am having difficulty playing the game because it will freeze randomly every time I try to play it. It doesn't seem to matter where I am or what I'm doing. It has frozen in the singleplayer, multiplayer , and garage modes. It doesn't seem to matter what level or anything. I've tried deleting game and re downloading game but it did nothing to help. I would love to see a fix to this issue because I love the game and the series.

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 04:33 AM
The game has frozen multiple times. Each time it results in a black screen and a subsequent reboot of the Xbox itself. I really hope this issue is fixed soon, it is becoming very tiresome.

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 05:49 AM
i must say that i downloaded a track that was user created and it was the ucg evo contest. the issue is if u go backwards u hit the finish line and all u have to do is go to the start line and u finish the race. please fix so that the real evo rides can have a legitimiate shot at the time and faults

Retribution
04-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Well I tried asking in my thread about glitched first place runs but apparently it got deleted by someone, thanks for that...

Probably deleted so people wouldnt read up bout it and try to take tracks that way.

Also, 1st place on Roller Coaster did the same thing.

Chicago__AJ
04-28-2012, 08:11 AM

Probably deleted so people wouldnt read up bout it and try to take tracks that way.

Getting to be ridiculous... Instead of focusing on fixing 1000 things in one patch, they should release them as they find fixes to the problems...

FlowRiderX
04-28-2012, 08:47 AM

Getting to be ridiculous... Instead of focusing on fixing 1000 things in one patch, they should release them as they find fixes to the problems...

If they really have deleted the thread for this reason it's a definite NO GO.

Retribution
04-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Also when attempting to view leaderboards of custom tracks BEFORE i download it, i get a black screen and have to restart the xbox. Do i have to download a track just to view replays?

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Just started playing tournaments, so I hadn't noticed this before, but the "Race Results" (or, I suppose, "Tournament Results") screen does not display properly when you complete a tournament. It goes straight back to the tournament list.

Or, to be slightly more precise, it hardly ever displays. I've made probably 25+ runs of the first 6 tournaments, and I've only seen the Results screen displayed twice in that whole time.

It does appear to award the game currency correctly, but its possible that this could be why BlueAblaze never got his achievement (reported earlier in this thread):

I posted on here yesterday about a glitch with me being unable to get 'The Professional' Achievement even though I got 220 medals and I think I know what caused the glitch, because I think I was doing a tournament and thats when I got 135 medals, but when you get medals in tournaments that scale thing doesn't show up telling you how many you need torwards the trophy, licenses and unlocking other tracks, and because it doesn't show you the bar thing when you do tournaments, which is why I think the achievement didn't pop up for me when I got 135 medals. It's just a guess but I'm pretty sure Im right and hope people know what I mean if they read this and hopefully I haven't made it to confusing http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

I've unlocked them all already, so I don't know if this also impacts other unlockables (rider outfits and bike parts).

Chicago__AJ
04-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Sebbbi already said they had the fix to the problem, he just never answered when or if the people who have glitched firsts would be removed, they already removed one person on Sunset Stripped, so I don't see why they wouldn't delete the other people. Leaderboard integrity should be one of their top priorities, without that and the global rankings being glitched, the game is pretty worthless.

FlowRiderX
04-28-2012, 04:11 PM

Sebbbi already said they had the fix to the problem, he just never answered when or if the people who have glitched firsts would be removed, they already removed one person on Sunset Stripped, so I don't see why they wouldn't delete the other people. Leaderboard integrity should be one of their top priorities, without that and the global rankings being glitched, the game is pretty worthless.

I agree that the integrity of global leaderboards is of mayor importance but I can, however, not agree with the habit of deleting people's threads which were reporting such leaderboard bugs just to keep the public unaware of them. For example I just found out with this post that those bugs (not replay bugs) do exist and might be the reason for some people's top spot..... I saw some pretty ridiculous and obviously cheated times but if those are due to glitches, who knows if the realistic ones aren't too.

Chicago__AJ
04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
If there's a replay showing the correct time our very close to it, I would not have said anything, but when someone has a 37 second run and a 51 second replay and I've never seen them on any other leaderboard, I call ********.

sebastianaalton
04-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Glitched scores will be repaired/deleted. No worries. The thread got moved to the support forum (because it was originally in wrong forum), but I don't know why it disappeared. Maybe a misclick or something. Calm down, no need to panic. Leaderboards are very important for us.

rlmergeuser
04-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Freezing issue this only seems to be when playing private races with friends on downloaded tracks its o.k on the built in tracks on multiplayer please comment if you have also experienced this problem as it is a serious issue, http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif please fix

Euphoric Fusion
04-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Just had the editor crash twice for the same thing.
I tried to select a custom reacting object for the area condition tool and it resulted in an instant lock up of the console.

Willyums
04-28-2012, 11:45 PM
is anyone else clicking scorpion or phoenix in multiplayer and sometimes getting the rattler?
ive played around 100 games and its happened in about 20-25 rounds http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

hopefully its not just me and it will get fixed.

Chicago__AJ
04-29-2012, 01:24 AM
is anyone else clicking scorpion or phoenix in multiplayer and sometimes getting the rattler?
ive played around 100 games and its happened in about 20-25 rounds http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/confused.gif

hopefully its not just me and it will get fixed.
Saw someone else post this a few pages back.

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:05 AM
I need help or support or something I bought trials evolution and I can't upload or look at anyone elses maps it's very upsetting and I'd like it to be fixed soon

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:08 AM
Can't upload maps need help also can get tracks thier is something wrong with my track central part of the game

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Just started playing tournaments, so I hadn't noticed this before, but the "Race Results" (or, I suppose, "Tournament Results") screen does not display properly when you complete a tournament. It goes straight back to the tournament list.

Or, to be slightly more precise, it hardly ever displays. I've made probably 25+ runs of the first 6 tournaments, and I've only seen the Results screen displayed twice in that whole time.

It does appear to award the game currency correctly, but its possible that this could be why BlueAblaze never got his achievement (reported earlier in this thread):

I've unlocked them all already, so I don't know if this also impacts other unlockables (rider outfits and bike parts).

well I went on one of my mess about profiles and rushed through the tracks without doing the tourament ones and got 135 medals then and i got the achievement and i didnt buy no clothes or nothing on it aswell, so i guess it is just if you do the tourament on the 135medal or i might just be unlucky xD

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:33 AM

One more possible clue: the only times I've seen the Results screen after finishing a tournament is when I did not improve on my prior score.

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:55 AM
Hey, on top of my own issue, I've noticed this a few times now.

Cmibbles

I was making this track, got everything the way i wanted it to be, and then after i was done i clicked the share track. I passed it, took a snapshot, tagged it as jumps, puzzle, and high speed, and then tried to share it, but then it said that the track was made on a different profile. This is impossible because im the only one who played this game at my house and haven't downloaded another person's track yet. Any help? I really dont know what to do, i guess that this game is completely glitched out.

Bantu

Also I cannot upload a track that I created, I get an error that reads "this track was not made by your currently active gamer profile" even though it was.

AlexJ

Can't upload maps need help also can get tracks thier is something wrong with my track central part of the game

and myself

'UPLOADING FAILED

I certainly made the entire track on the same profile, but I was offline for some of it, could that be the difference?

I would appreciate any help so I can share my tracks, I put a lot of time into them!

I think for some of us the level editor is a big part of the game and we would like to be able to upload our tracks!
Trials Evolution is a wonderful game, and the devs seem to be looking into all the issues, I would just like to call attention to this one as no-one has said anything or suggested anything yet, and it would be nice to have the impetus to start work on a new track http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif Very much appreciated for all that you do!

Thank you!
Clif

Core2TOM
04-29-2012, 05:35 AM
pressing the BACK button in tournaments: it should be reset the whole tournament, not just the actual track of the tournament. and the number of faults should be green or red.

Retribution
04-29-2012, 08:14 AM
pressing the BACK button in tournaments: it should be reset the whole tournament, not just the actual track of the tournament. and the number of faults should be green or red.

You can do that on the first track and it will reset it- which is helpful when youre tryin to get off to a good start. I dont see them implementing that when you are further down in the tournament- thats what practice on individual tracks are for. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

Also thought id point out that whenever i complete a multiplayer match of, say hardcore trials, and i press rematch- it will search for players for all supercross, trials and hardcore. Maybe make it so when i search after a match to keep it the same playlist that i had selected before, instead of having to back out and restarting search picking the same playlist every time?

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 09:45 AM
i know there are alot of problems with the online multiplayer but now its starting to do my nut....... it is now taking points off me everytime i win!! i got to #1 (which i probable didnt deserve coz the points system is all whack) but since then every time i win it takes a few thousand points off my total........... when is the patch coming?

JonneHu
04-29-2012, 11:54 AM
i know there are alot of problems with the online multiplayer but now its starting to do my nut....... it is now taking points off me everytime i win!! i got to #1 (which i probable didnt deserve coz the points system is all whack) but since then every time i win it takes a few thousand points off my total........... when is the patch coming?
This is what sebbi wrote at page 10:

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Hi all.

I also get the "Failed to start game. Multiplayer settings corrupt" when I try to start a multiplayer game. I've got open NAT, and hacve flushed the Xbox caches, but I can't seem to get a single multiplayer game started. On the screen, where we vote, the two tracks are the same, and after voting, the message always comes up. Frustrating!

Can somebody please help me out?

Best regards from
Chiron69

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Hello.

Its me again.

First thanks very much for sorting out everything you have so far.

I do now have two issues to bring to your attention.

A) all of my track that I upload now to TRACK CENTRAL freeze on Finish. (no pun intended my helsinki chums) there are no leaderboards associated with my last two uploads and they 100% freeze everytime (about 300 people afffected so far I think)

B) The hit testing is inconsistent in test mode with real game play. I have made a very crappy video here to demonstrate the problem... http://youtu.be/C-hrB0-UGxY but it more or less covers the issue

Seemingly "hit testing" rate is changed (increased?) when the SHOW EDITOR ICONS is ON or OFF... or possibly just some hit testing starts to fail... I can't quite put my finger on it yet but I'm getting there.

I forgot to mention that this is testing the (physics joint linked) Area Triggers (linked to his feet) as opposed to say a Hit Trigger linked to type dummy objects ( which I also have hooked up to test in the picture)
So, just to be clear this tests the Area ones
(but the results are the same with hit triggers FWIW)

Thanks for listening, I suspect problem A) must be linked to XBOX LIVE somehow but that is out of my testing scope.

Thanks again.

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Some people are having freez issues on my track stargate when they pass trou the jump to chechpoint trigger.
Have never had this problem my self.

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Twice in 15 hours of play I've had the background from the trials evolution start screen overlay the entire screen during a race. I can barely see the bike/track through it, but it is possible (although extremely difficult) to race when the bike is so hard to see. This is a weird one.

Seems to happen when starting a new track (not the first track) in an XBL game against one other dude (the only guy I play with)

Xbox 360 S 250GB, saves are going to cloud storage.

sebastianaalton
04-29-2012, 08:36 PM
Some people are having freez issues on my track stargate when they pass trou the jump to chechpoint trigger.
The standard question: How many checkpoints you have in that track? (over 20 and it will freeze the console)

rlmergeuser
04-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Total Complexity is incorrectly calculated.

To repro, start a new track, add lots of GRASS 5 decals. note the lack of complexity. Save the track, now the complexity is calculated correctly.

Hope that helps.

melissacbrown
04-29-2012, 10:19 PM
One thing I have noticed is the bike gets stuck on some objects, it happens quite often on the wreck. I think its the 3rd cp, the wooden plank on the concrete pipe with the telegraph pole in the background that has Sparks on it.

Also noticed it in the skill game where you cant lean, I forget its name and strangely its on a concrete pipe again so perhaps there is an issue with that object.

Any one else had this happen?

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 05:36 AM

Check your privacy settings.

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I was having a few issues the other day, they seem to be working a little bit better now, but when I would search with a friend our Xbox's Would Freeze if we didn't find a game the first time we searched.

Hope you guys can fix these Problems, I have total faith in you Red Lynx. - Hayes

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Hi all,

I am experiencing this same issue.
I create a track, complete the test run, pick the tags, take the screenshot and get an error message upon upload.

The only difference is that before the "this track was not made by your currently active gamer profile" error message I get a "Upload failed: there seems to be a problem with your internet connection". Upon retry, the "track not made by active profile" pops up.

Now I'm sure there is no problem with my internet connection because I could login to Xbox LIVE and play FIFA multiplayer with no problem 10 mins earlier. And of course I tried uploading the track multiple times at different times of the day with the same error message.

Any help/workaround? 50% of the appeal of this game is creating and sharing tracks.

Hey, on top of my own issue, I've noticed this a few times now.

Cmibbles
Quote:
I was making this track, got everything the way i wanted it to be, and then after i was done i clicked the share track. I passed it, took a snapshot, tagged it as jumps, puzzle, and high speed, and then tried to share it, but then it said that the track was made on a different profile. This is impossible because im the only one who played this game at my house and haven't downloaded another person's track yet. Any help? I really dont know what to do, i guess that this game is completely glitched out.

Bantu
Quote:
Also I cannot upload a track that I created, I get an error that reads "this track was not made by your currently active gamer profile" even though it was.

AlexJ
Quote:

and myself
Quote:

'UPLOADING FAILED

I certainly made the entire track on the same profile, but I was offline for some of it, could that be the difference?

I think for some of us the level editor is a big part of the game and we would like to be able to upload our tracks!
Trials Evolution is a wonderful game, and the devs seem to be looking into all the issues, I would just like to call attention to this one as no-one has said anything or suggested anything yet, and it would be nice to have the impetus to start work on a new track Very much appreciated for all that you do!

Thank you!
Clif

rlmergeuser
04-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Apologies if this is already in the thread, but have noticed that there's quite a long delay before # Downloads and # Ratings appear against uploaded tracks - the other day I had 0 downloads, but 13 leaderboard entries on a track I made - after a few days it started appearing.

If this is the case throughout then it will skew some of the categorisation, potentially, as a bunch of stuff won't appear. Fairly minor but thought I'd mention it.

Euphoric Fusion
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before but I have uploaded a track today and when I go to "Play Tracks" the download tally and rating don't match the actual download and rating it shows when you search for the track in Track Central.
In fact it shows 0 ratings and the downloads appears to be stuck at 35.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 02:27 AM
There's this small glitch that virtually affects nothing but I figured I would share it here.

I was playing the tournament "Enduro" and at the end of the first map once I passed the finish line I accidentally pressed X and I noticed the counter at the top left reading my faults flashed yellow and got slightly bigger (then smaller) and also made the fault noise, but it stayed at 0. Strange, because it doesn't affect your score at all and X isn't even the Return to Previous Checkpoint button. I've only tested this glitch twice and only on the first map of Enduro both times. The first test was the accident where I hardly noticed it, but the second time I pressed X multiple times and every time it flashed as if I was getting a fault.
Wonder why it does that... Maybe its a developer tool? Hopefully it doesn't allow you to manipulate your number of faults somehow. :O

nannerdw
05-01-2012, 03:19 AM
Sometimes when I have lights and effects that are enabled in the editor, and disable them with triggers during the race, they remain disabled once I resume editing. This doesn't seem to happen very often, so it's easy to miss if I'm not paying close attention. I guess just I'll have to check back through all of the lights and effects before submitting my track, to make sure none of them changed without my knowledge.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 03:46 AM
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem before. I don't have time to read through all twelve pages. But once while working on a custom track the colors on every object, including the bike and rider, started spazzing out. The colors would change back and forth from random neon colors. I'm not sure if my track couldn't handle some complex thing in the track or if it was just a random glitch. The glitch also continued while playing in game tracks too. But just like the Trials HD glitch, it fixed itself once I restarted the game. But I'm just giving a heads up.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 05:40 AM
There are losers hacking the leaderboards fix this ****

stllbreathnbdy
05-01-2012, 06:28 AM
I've been noticing the replays on my created track leader boards are not always accurate. For example, I posted a faultless time and my replay shows me crash and just lay there for what seems to be forever. Track is Aggressive descent, gamertag- stllbreathnbuty.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Heyo, not sure if this has been mentioned http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif sifted through this post) but...

When changing the variation of a wall to being an empty space by triggering it. You are able to see the editor blue icon when playing the track as normal.

Also take care when triggering the player event: reset to checkpoint. Flying through a trigger whith physics enabled and the next checkpoint being a fair distance away, can cause your Xbox to crash.

Fantastic game none the less, loving it.

Hope that helps
Thanks

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 09:19 AM
The standard question: How many checkpoints you have in that track? (over 20 and it will freeze the console)
I Myself have about 14 checkpoints, however I do have alot of effects/physics/Lighting all in close proximity in places but low track performance is a common occurance in Track Central (And I havent exactly gone overboard, as soon as the game warns me I stop placing effects ect or disable to be used by trigger or just delete).....

But for my particular issue it is definately Reset to checkpoint. I was testing my track before I published it, I was repeatedly going through the portal/Reset 2 Cpoint, it crashed. Ever since then it crashes/freezes frequently instead of a one-off like before.

stllbreathnbdy
05-01-2012, 11:36 AM
I've posted a track, but when I search my gamertag, it doesn't find it.

sipe
05-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I've posted a track, but when I search my gamertag, it doesn't find it.

At the moment searching by gamertag it's case sensitive. (Lower and upper characters matters). Hopefully we can change this in near future.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 01:25 PM
yesterday my ritual track has completely disappeared from the track central like it was deleted. couldn't find it by searching for my own tracks either. today it's there again.

sipe
05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
yesterday my ritual track has completely disappeared from the track central like it was deleted. couldn't find it by searching for my own tracks either. today it's there again.

It was reported for some reason. Silly "false" reporters thinks that there is no consequences!

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Thank you RL for investigating my issue (A wild guess based on more ratings vs leaderboard displays + you guys are just great).

I see that I am the only one experiencing this on my track since others have completed it no problem. I woke up, fired up Trials evo, played my track, and again freezed at return to checkpoint event. sometimes if im lucky it wont freeze but there is three RTC events in my map so the chances of completing it are very slim.

Looks like im just gonna have to avoid using RTC in my future tracks and all user tracks that use them, somehow.
Needs further testing too such as if freezing occurs whilst playing other games, but I doubt it since it only ever happens with Return to checkpoint Event. Except for one other time.

Thanks for your time and professionalism.
For me Return to checkpoint event is the problem.

EDIT: If it helps it also crashes at RTC whilst watching replays.

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi I have been doing some more bughunting.

BUG A)

Someone said:
"Sometimes when I have lights and effects that are enabled in the editor, and disable them with triggers during the race, they remain disabled once I resume editing. This doesn't seem to happen very often, so it's easy to miss if I'm not paying close attention. I guess just I'll have to check back through all of the lights and effects before submitting my track, to make sure none of them changed without my knowledge."

This also applies to visibility, I have noticed items set as Invisible just "becoming" visible. however setting them with a binary datasource does the trick.

Bug B)

Also another bug: Setting "Visibility" occasionally makes the xbox slow-down via the Event path (using Toggle). Like full on 100 frames hang sort of thing. then recover.
Setting visibility via binary datasource with hand-balled toggle logic works fine as workaround.

Bug C)

Setting the XYZ of effects causes the icon to render in Test Mode (and Live). This would appear to also affect buildings icons when setting via variation seemingly reading up this thread.

Bug D)

The arts assets for newly created tracks get muddled in the XBOX LIVE multiplayer selector, as an extra hint it appears to be replacing the intended item with one of the same value type - I'm guessing this is a wandering index. or wild pointer if you will.

And finally.

Bug E) no pun intended.

All my tracks currently hang on finish after being made live. I have just finished a new track (With less than 20 checkpoints might I add) so Ill give you an update after I Share it, but seemingly the linkage to leaderboards? perhaps? is killing it.

Thanks for listening, I have a few screenies but they don't show much more than my words do. in colour I suppose.

The hit testing bug still is there in terms of SHOW EDITOR ICONS disaparity as previsouly reported, there were a few more niggles, like RTC crashes and stuff but they look well reported, If I recall any unique ones I'll make a note here.

Thanks. : )

rlmergeuser
05-01-2012, 10:09 PM

It was reported for some reason. Silly "false" reporters thinks that there is no consequences!

1. lol ok http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif
2. as i told antti a few minutes ago, my run on ritual was hacked or something: immediately after the start the driver crashes and i'm sure that the new, "crashed" run was played by someone, not like the replay crashes in trials hd.

xPrOFeSsi0NaL
05-01-2012, 11:35 PM
For some reason I go to post in the known issues thread and there is no post reply button for me. Was I banned from that thread? I see people posting on it through out the day, but I can't.

So my problem:

My checkpoints aren't showing if I'm ahead or behind time. Then when I finish the track it says I need to connect to XBL or I can discard my score, while I'm signed online.

And when I go to play online it says: "session error. Failed to initialize session. The requested operation failed due to network error. Please check your network connection and try again." I'm signed online so i don't know the problem.

I can download, play, rate, and do everything else with custom tracks perfectly fine though. So I don't knows what's wrong, considering this just started happening today.

If anybody wants to merge this into the known issues thread feel free, I would have posted this in there but like I said for reason it doesn't have a post reply button for me.

Thanks.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 02:54 AM
my muliplayer level just got reset from 18 to zero:(

Daigoro-
05-02-2012, 04:21 AM
im sure its known by now, but replays... are ****ed.

the last few days ive seen so many incomplete replays where the rider just lays there and the replay goes on like nothing happened.

it seems way more rampant than Trials HD from what i remember. ive seen LOTS of them the last few days.

very unfortunate. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Daigoro-
05-02-2012, 04:45 AM
another one:

today i looked at the first 3 tournaments and saw that even though i have gold medals for them, i have no score/time listed on the leader boards.

when i completed the first tourney with a gold i jumped about 100 places on the global ranking.

i assume this is just because my score never got uploaded when i first completed the tournament (probably on the first night).

just a heads up.

Retribution
05-02-2012, 07:11 AM
When searching for trials and hardcore trials in mp, i have been getting the mp error everytime. I can only play supercross 9/10 times and occasionally ill get lucky to get in a trials match but no hardcore trials at all. Its been like this for 2 days. No freezes or anything, just the error sign everytime. My level is currently 35 if that means anything.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
there's a problem with the hit trigger when setting up point scoring on skill games , sometime when the target A hit target B and a point is supposed to be given , it sometimes does not register the point when it blatantly should

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I am having a problem with MP

Every time i try and play Hardcore Trials i keep getting an error message saying an error occured while searching for sessions

And i get returned back to lobby

ben1bob
05-02-2012, 04:26 PM
just reporting the "finding MP games" issue. finds players, then disconnects etc. still takes ages to find game due to this. this is probably being fixed though in the patch i'm guessing/praying.

but last night i was having the ""you cannot post to the Xbox Live leaderboards without a connection to Xbox Live" problem and my connection was fine. reloaded the game and it was ok.

got the "ERROR blah blah" message as well a few times in a row. can't remember what else it says.

i am assuming the above is being fixed but one thing i am concerned about is it shows my NAT as Open (which is right) but my connection bar is on red. i have a 12mb d/l and 1mb u/l connection with 21ms ping, that never stalls or has any problems. i'm host in other games that need host because of my smooth connection. so why is it saying i have a poor connection? i'm worried this may be affecting by ability to find opponents.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 06:41 PM
The only thing that bothers me is the fact that when I get a really good time in a private match it doesn't mean anything. I wish it would count towards my single player track time.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Just started multiplayer private race to start playing user created tracks with friends froze straight away thought we would try just the 1 race in cup list we managed 4 user tracks then it froze again this has been the issue since it came out, fed up with freezing trying to play user created tracks and the best part of the game is to be able to play user created tracks with friends this is to me the biggest fault of the game not really tried normal multiplayer but i suppose thats just as bad, does anyone know when this will be fixed, hopefully soon. PLEASE FIX.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Are other people having the game freeze up on them? It's been happening to me a lot lately, like at least once a day. I just bought a new 360 and no other game has froze on me, so I'm sure that's not the problem.

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 08:58 PM
but last night i was having the ""you cannot post to the Xbox Live leaderboards without a connection to Xbox Live" problem and my connection was fine. reloaded the game and it was ok.
Got this, too. I think the servers were down for the leaderboards or matchmaking, as well, because I couldn't find any MP races when searching.

Side issue related to above: when playing single player while the issue above was going on, the track would show the green/red difference times correctly through a track, but would fail on the finish line showing only "0:00.000" (repeatedly).

rlmergeuser
05-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I uploaded a skill game called Rotatornator the other night and it is appearing twice in the Skill Game section. Both have downloads and ratings but in My Track section it is only showing the download and ratings values of one of them.

Is there anyway i can have my total downloads and ratings combined and have one of the same track removed please?

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 03:31 AM
I can hardly play multilayer at the moment because of constant "An error occurred. Going back to Xbox Live lobby" within 5 seconds of searching. Anyone else?

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Two bugs I have found while editing:

1. Colorizing ropes from their properties menu doesn't seem to work. I had to colorize them with the color event.

2. The Directional Force acts erratically sometimes. I had it glued to a dummy object and after exiting the directional force's properties menu it shot across the map, pulling my camera along with it.

Also, a question/note, and I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but if the only allowed bike on a track is the Donkey and a person doesn't have it unlocked, can they not play that track? I'm all for leaving it locked unless you earned it. I was just curious.

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 07:47 AM
360 S
250 gb
No external devices
Editor bugs: One bug I noticed, the circular floor of the round silo. One side you can see the floor texture, and the other is invisible.
I will update as I find issues.

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
When watching a replay of a run you just did, it doesn't show your time difference at each checkpoint compared to your best time (like trials hd did).

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 03:33 PM
360 S
250 gb
No external devices
Editor bugs: One bug I noticed, the circular floor of the round silo. One side you can see the floor texture, and the other is invisible.
I will update as I find issues.

pretty certain thats not a bug, as with the Cliff Basic rock, and other cliff assets, simply presenting half a textured model CAN be cheaper in terms of resources (assuming the engine takes advantage of it, which I'm sure it does), Half as many triangles is better in some circumstances.

That said: altering the Visible attribute of Large cliff assets, glue groups with multi assets, and possibly your silo, currently causes a hang (whether done via binary datasource or state event) so perhaps there is a an issue with very large-faced assets being manipulated. This being the case, half as many triangles (faces) and possibly texture layers would definately be better, hope that helps. having one sided art assets is pretty standard in games development.

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Editor bug: Changing the color of a rope doesnt do anything

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
When searching for trials and hardcore trials in mp, i have been getting the mp error everytime. I can only play supercross 9/10 times and occasionally ill get lucky to get in a trials match but no hardcore trials at all. Its been like this for 2 days. No freezes or anything, just the error sign everytime. My level is currently 35 if that means anything.

Yes, and SP times are not saving.

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 09:24 PM
if you continually hold down the "back" button that restarts the track, the text "ready" starts flying randomly around the screen and the word "go" is a few inches wide and about 20cm big or so. not sure if this is just me could someone please clarify by going on any random track and hold down the "back" button thanks.

rlmergeuser
05-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I dont want to be an *** but im getting really frustrated with this game, i just want to play a few games of hardcore trials but i cant play online at all and none of my scores are saving on single player either i just ran 29.662 on groundhog asylum should have put me 10th but it wont save and this has happend a few times to me now and i know its not a problem on my end. I love evo just F******* hate all the bugs, there aint much point in me playing evo until it all gets sorted http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif

Redlynx please hurry with the patch!!!!!

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Hi, looking up a leaderboard crashed my xbox. full hang black screen.

Also it says "You cannot post new topics in this forum"
Etc... http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

EDIT: but clearly I can. ho hum
On the plus side my full-size replica of Stonehenge track now works perfectly http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif simply elided all the known bugs in this one).. Thanks very much.

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 06:42 AM
This started happening a few days ago out of nowhere. Every time I try to join a game I get an error saying "Error occured while searching for sessions. Returning to Xbox Live Lobby." After repeated attempts (more than 10 times most of the time) I'm finally able to get into a single game. And than after the game is over I have to deal with this error over and over again. I have no idea what's going, my internet connection is perfectly and before a few days ago this wasn't an issue.

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Not sure if it's been brought up but it's really annoying how after you play a created track you always exit out to the begining menus. Wouldn't you idealy want to exit back to the list (if you chose list) and have the cursor on the last track you played? Rather than back to the begining of the list every. single. time. It makes playing through all the tracks you've dl'ed a real pain in the A.

canarysings
05-04-2012, 10:37 AM
this happened to me last night

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Afterburner Glitch:
Was just doing Roller Coaster and the afterburner used for the looping activated, but I rolled backwards like the afterburner wasnt even activated yet. And upon landing flames still came out, but still didnt do anything.

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
When I'm playing it just starts lagging and then kicks me out. It's not me it's your servers.

Also i keep getting my rank deranked because it keeps kicking me out of games.

Sort the servers out please!

sebastianaalton
05-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Sort the servers out please!
Fix is under development. We hope to get the patch out soon.

emerica6708
05-04-2012, 05:06 PM
This has been happening to me this past week too, not as often as ten times for one game, but it usually happens at least once before I find a game. Never happened before a few days ago.

nannerdw
05-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I just noticed that my score disappears from the leaderboard once I delete a track. It shows back up when I re-download, however. Is the score actually removed from the leaderboard, or is it just not being shown to me?

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Multiplayer not working and neither does anything in evo that uses internet. The problem is not my network couse i can play any other game online and everything else is working. Problem started few hours ago in midle of play so where problem might be?

sebastianaalton
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Multiplayer not working and neither does anything in evo that uses internet. The problem is not my network couse i can play any other game online and everything else is working. Problem started few hours ago in midle of play so where problem might be?
Everything? Leaderboards, replays and track central as well?

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Okay so I just cant get the hit testing to work.

Seems like every event type I want to use with "Object instances" hitting "Ground" like - say - Active just fails.

Please can someone else confirm that this is a known issue? thanks, it's kinda driving me nuts.

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 08:36 PM
ive got an issue with the squirrels. ive gotten every squirrel 5 times now, checked the popups, tried deletin my cache, redownloading the game and all that crap and still nothing sworks. im at a 100% achievement completion and it would really suck if this game messed that up. it would be great if you guys could tell me how to fix this glitch. i just cant get the achievement to unlock. no matter how many times i get those damn squirrels.

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Undo caused a system hang.

Thing to be undone: A single link of Set Value logic. IIRC.

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif must remember to save more often.

rlmergeuser
05-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Need better multiplayer!

Hardcore trials is a joke for a couple reasons.

1. I'll be able to search and find/play a couple races, then everytime I search for like the rest of the day, it says there was a error and I'll never find a race.
(But every other playlist works PERFECT. Supercross, quickmatch, just not hardcore trials.... =(

2. I RARELY get extreme tracks... End up playing some easy hard tracks. There should of just been a playlist for each set of tracks. Easy, MED,hard,extreme.

I'm not sure if the first issue is the inability to find enough players, but I highly doubt it. When it does work, it's setting up a race with full lobby in 10 seconds.

rlmergeuser
05-05-2012, 01:55 AM
There are multiple glitched times on single player here's what i have seen, Downhill Dominator there are 2 people with glitched scores FMS Distant, DeBron23. Roller Coaster there is 1 glitched score Shpooble. Dockside there is 1 glitched score CM22MX.

rlmergeuser
05-05-2012, 02:08 AM
The "Matchmaking Error" happens to me too. Only on Hardcore trials mode, I can join a match, then when the match is over if I select exit or rematch I will then get the error message. If I sign out of xbox live then sign back in, I can join a match again, then it happens all over again.

rlmergeuser
05-05-2012, 03:27 AM
happens to me too. only in hardcore mode. must be too good to play with the small fries.
gamertag: tazimus

nannerdw
05-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Sorting my downloaded tracks by "Track Creator" doesn't work. It just seems to put them in random order.
Also, after watching the replay on the overall leaderboard of the person in 1st on my track, their replay gets shows when I try to watch my own replay.

rlmergeuser
05-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Would be nice to figure out a fix for this!

MurdocLoch
05-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Texture Glitch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W75GJRXwgd8)

sebastianaalton
05-05-2012, 12:40 PM
There are multiple glitched times on single player here's what i have seen, Downhill Dominator there are 2 people with glitched scores FMS Distant, DeBron23. Roller Coaster there is 1 glitched score Shpooble. Dockside there is 1 glitched score CM22MX.
The glitch is fixed. Please wait for the patch. We will remove the glitches scores after the patch is out.

rlmergeuser
05-05-2012, 06:31 PM
The Metal Pipe Straight - Long on the island off the coast only have the option to save to favorites when viewing object properties, not physics settings and such that you can use if you place one yourself

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 02:13 AM
The glitch is fixed. Please wait for the patch. We will remove the glitches scores after the patch is out.
Thanks for reply just wanted to keep you guys updated http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/geek.gif .

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Only about 50% of my online wins are registering on the online leaderboards, i have raced 200 over races and only 100 have been accounted for online(it shows my all time win loss ratio on my stat screen but i want my ranking to go higher).

The matchmaking takes ages sometimes aswell, especially on hardcore matches.

Its my favorite XBL game ever even with these problems just please hurry up with the patch to make it even better

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Constantly told "Error" when trying to play Hardcrre Trials..

Also online is a little frustrating.......

You can get as many faults as you want and still come first if you finish first unlike single player.

You should not get any points at all unless you finish a race. Someone finishes 1st and then no one else finishes yet they get points for being 2nd, 3rd and 4th which is wrong. Unless you finish you don't have a place!!! It's called retiring and it should be the same on DNF = 0

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 09:05 PM
I made a skill game where the player is forced to use the Micro Donkey bike. Turns out players who haven't unlocked the Donkey can't play the track at all.

Was this intended, or was it an oversight? I spent many hours on making that track and I want as many players as possible to play it.

TurtleIsSlow
05-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Constantly told "Error" when trying to play Hardcrre Trials..

Also online is a little frustrating.......

I also get this error message, I have not been able to play any extreme tracks on multiplayer for 3 days? Any word if this is going to be fixed. Also that undefined thing happens at least 10-15 times an hour. Sometimes more.

Large amounts of searching for players is also a large issue. Constantly disconnecting or out right not finding people at all. NAT is open with 3 Green Bars, Download speeds at 31 Mbs/ Up 2.7 Mbs so it is not my internet.

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Taken from: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8071">viewtopic.php?f=83&t=8071</a><!-- l -->

"Am i blind or is there no "Invert Y axis" for the editor camera?. If not, please add it with a update http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

It is SOOO frustrating to manuver the camera right now(this is one part of it).
And im sorry to say, but this is such a big deal that i won´t buy it untill i can have the same settings(Invert Y) as in all other games on the markt right now.

And the other Thing i find annoying is how the rotation works on the flycam. Its very awkward how the "cursor" has to go across the whole screen untill the camera actually starts to rotating. This on the other hand is something i can live with. But for the sake of it...
Is there a way to "lock" the "cursor" so that it stays centerd on the screen at all time?
(instead of just the "cursor" panning across the screen, the whole camera rotates/follows the "cursor" instead)"

Summary:
Feature I would like to be added.
[Invery Y Axis]
[Lock cursor to center of screen]

rlmergeuser
05-06-2012, 11:26 PM
On the track "Dock" under collateral damage,the replay of the guy who's n°1 is really weird.
I don't know if it's a bug or if this guy is a cheater but look at the chrono at the end.

rlmergeuser
05-07-2012, 06:09 AM
theres a glitch with the editor where when you glue together many objects in one area and hold lb to select individually it will always select a certain peice and not the one your cursor is over

Daigoro-
05-07-2012, 04:50 PM
my issues with Multiplayer:

there is no quick way to just play a difficulty you want. when you get booted back to the main multiplayer menu (happens like every game just about), you have to scroll the cursor back to the difficulty you want to play. so if i want to play Hardcore and i get booted back to the lobby i have to scroll the cursor back down to "hardcore" every time i want to retry. if the cursor remembered its position (like it does when checking leaderboards, back out to the menu, and going back in) it would help a lot. either that or have a filter so that when i click "quick play" i can filter what difficulty i want the game to search for.

i just want to be able to jam on the A button and get back into the action quickly without having to scroll down every time i get booted to the lobby. because getting booted happens very very frequently.

re: constant ERRORS when trying to find a match. i found a pretty surefire way to find a match without error.

last night i would get an error every. single. time. i wanted to join a Hardcore only match. every time. the only way i found that i could join was to log out of XBOX LIVE and log back in. this worked every time without fail and it would almost immediately put me into a match. (im sure my friends are real happy that im logging out and logging back in every 5-10 minutes over and over last night)

looks like somehow peoples online profiles are getting stuck in some limbo where it refuses to put you into a match even if one is available. logging out of LIVE and logging back in seems to be able to clear whatever is fouling up the path to finding a match in EVO.

also, the REMATCH button has never worked once after finishing a match. (i assume this is already known?)

rlmergeuser
05-07-2012, 05:03 PM
also, the REMATCH button has never worked once after finishing a match. (i assume this is already known?)
I've never had it work either. I've started to wonder if there is some other meaning of the word that I'm not aware of.

rlmergeuser
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
theres a glitch with the editor where when you glue together many objects in one area and hold lb to select individually it will always select a certain peice and not the one your cursor is over

Seconded. I just found this today.

Was glued bridge assets from base world. FYI

TheMovement81
05-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned already or not, but I've noticed on mine and some other custom tracks, the times can glitch upon finishing the track.

For example, a rider nears the finish line at about say 24 seconds, then magically the clock goes back 3 seconds upon crossing the finish line, and their time is a glitched 21 seconds.

Anyone else notice this? Pay close attention to the timer next time you're playing or watching replays on custom tracks.

rlmergeuser
05-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Multiplayer hardcore match up gives an error when trying to connect.
also during multiplayer, and its not just my xbox because my friends also freeze but the game will freeze xboxs up.
Multiplayer hardcore leaderboards are messed up...

thank you hope i can help...

300/300 Trials HD
400/400 Trials Evolution
57 Platinum
69 Gold/Silver/Bronze

rlmergeuser
05-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Glue a misty cloud to something.

move the group.

cloud appears where was originally glued not new location.

Unglueing fixes it.

lespritdelescal
05-08-2012, 03:12 AM
I haven't seen this exact issue mentioned anywhere, so sorry if I'm repeating something.

As mentioned before, Hardcore MP gives an error when trying to find a game, but it also disconnects you from the the game servers when you go to play single player tracks afterwards. You can read the leaderboards, but the game will not show if you are plus or minus your previous time, and it will not write your track score after you complete your run because it says you are not connected to XBL. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif checked, and I was still connected in a party with other people).

rlmergeuser
05-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I apologize for clogging up the boards with a new thread if this has been covered elsewhere. I read in many other threads about "multiplayer" leaderboards but didn't see anyone with "single player" leaderboard issues.
My problem is that all of my points, except for 350k of them, disappeared and my ranking dropped from around 2000 to about 500,000. I noticed this the morning after one of many freezes while playing multiplayer. I've played a few times since then hoping that it would come back but it hasn't. Although, I am still accumulating points as I go back through and get the platinums.

Has anyone else had this problem? Will this also be addressed in the patch?

Barrybarfly
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
MP freezes/disconnects constantly when trying to play user created tracks. there is a thread discussing this located here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8756">viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8756</a><!-- l -->

This is a MAJOR issue that needs to be addressed imo.

rlmergeuser
05-08-2012, 03:20 PM
On a fairly regular basis we get disconnected when playing private multiplayer online.

The following will happen:
[list:r4o9bfyk]
[*:r4o9bfyk]Playing a private multiplayer with friends (in England and Germany), usually as a Xbox Live Party[/*:m:r4o9bfyk]
[*:r4o9bfyk]Everything works fine for a couple of tracks. Maybe even a whole 7-race tournament and the first few races of the next.[/*:m:r4o9bfyk]
[*:r4o9bfyk]Then when switching from one race in the tournament to the next, the host will see a message along the lines of "Waiting for <Gamertag>" [/*:m:r4o9bfyk]
[*:r4o9bfyk]A short while later the next race then continues but without the other player. Sometimes without all the other players. (The players name still appears next to the time score, but the player is no longer in the race and the time remains on zero)[/*:m:r4o9bfyk]
[*:r4o9bfyk]The players who get kicked from the session see a message stating something like "The host has ended the session" more or less at the same time that the host saw the "Waiting..." message. [/*:m:r4o9bfyk][/list:u:r4o9bfyk]

We are however all successfully connected to Xbox Live.
NAT is stated as "Open" in the Trials lobby screen.
Running the Xbox Live Network Setting check returns success accross the board - no Moderate NAT warnings or anything like that.
We all have the usual xbox port forwarding for 88 and 3074 (TCP and UDP)

If we reconnect and set up another 7-race tournament everything works fine for a bit. Maybe just a couple of tracks. Maybe, if we're lucky, the whole tournament and the beginning of the next - but at some point pretty soon the exact same thing happens again.

Other games work fine in online multiplayer.

Is this a known bug?
Is this possibly some sort of time-out issue?
Greatly appreciate it if this could be addressed and resolved as it really detracts from the multiplayer experience.

Otherwise many thanks for an outstanding game!

rlmergeuser
05-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm having a problem with the game just not letting me post my single player times.
What should be a great game has been ruined by the ability to run a pretty simple leader board system, without even talking about the shambles that is the multiplayer. Just finally platinumed inferno 3 an the game thinks I'm not connected so won't post my time. That's the final straw for me. I'm deleting it and red lynx won't be getting another penny from me. FU RED LYNX.

Core2TOM
05-08-2012, 06:49 PM
can we get a list of what will be fixed with the upcoming patch?

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm having a problem with the game just not letting me post my single player times.
What should be a great game has been ruined by the ability to run a pretty simple leader board system, without even talking about the shambles that is the multiplayer. Just finally platinumed inferno 3 an the game thinks I'm not connected so won't post my time. That's the final straw for me. I'm deleting it and red lynx won't be getting another penny from me. FU RED LYNX.

you will not be missed

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 09:45 AM
id like to start playing multiplayer..
(without having to start from level 5 EACh time i start a game.)

please give some indication on eta for the coming fix/patch, are we talking days, weeks or months?

Jarr3tt88
05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Just play the multiplayer man....the patch will come soon. a little number doesn't matter that much next to your name http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif Just kick ***!

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
lol.

its a leaderboard driven game, i want working rankings. but i do, i play mp, im just fed up starting from scratch each time.

rlmergeuser
05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
wow this a huge thread full of issues considering the game hasnt been out long??? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/eek.gif

Barrybarfly
05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
wow this a huge thread full of issues considering the game hasnt been out long??? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/eek.gif

You obviously arent familiar with FPS games or EA releases! LOL joke.

There's a helluva lot in the game and a lot of longtime trials fans. Take a massive game with a huge fanbase and hours of playing and faults/wishes will always crop up. I dont consider any of them to be disasters as long as they get fixed (especially losing connection in lobbies running custom maps).

The_Elmonator
05-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Hi, I had a strange experience playing MP today. After finishing the track the camera followed my opponent as usual, and the guy was litterally flying. Not very fast, but definetly flying. All the way through all three tracks.

I'm just wondering if this is either a cheater or a glitch?

Btw, sorry if the problem has been mentioned elsewhere, in which case, I am sorry mates http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 12:18 AM
I couldn't document it, but I had a strange bug with the Area Select tool. I grabbed the beginning of my track (about 20-25 pieces, mostly Monoliths) and moved it about one meter left. Nothing was out of place, yet when I went to test, my tires wobbled. And slightly further, I was forced into a backflip off a flat Monolith. It went away after I hit Undo and re-moved the pieces with the Area Select tool.

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 02:55 AM
I'm sorry that my serious question was hijacked with such a venomous post. I am still curious about my question though. Does anyone know an answer?

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 04:21 AM
Last 5 days everytime i try to play hardcore multiplayer i get a message saying "error accoured , session has been ended" Supercross and regular trials multiplayer works fine. Only hardcore multiplayer is errored . Spent 2 hrs with xbox live support and they couldnt figure it out either . Anyone else with this problem? Or anyone have a tip to fix this ? Please help

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Hi Devs,

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the 'known issues' thread or not... so sorry if it should be in there, maybe one of you could move it.

The object under General > Ramps > Wooden Ramp Supports

This object is a 2 legged support for wooden ramps. When you click to 'lock' this to the driving line, it does not properly centre on the driving line.

I don't know if the object 'mass' or whatever built into the creator is not centered? But if you click this object to lock to the driving line it is actually slightly off to one side, fully repeatable.

I don't have any world grid snap settings on, all other objects snap perfectly to the line (at least all the other objects I have used) but this one does not.

That is all!

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 07:08 AM
as far as I know no-one else has reported this problem

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 09:49 AM

If you weren't such a cry baby you would be able to do it again... granted the only tracks i don't have platinum on is inferno 3 and way of the ninja... but i don't ever understand some cry baby's my roommate complains about the back tire coming off the ground when your going up a hill... but i tell him that he can compensate for it... we all want stuff to work so perfect but guess what... super mario brothers on nintendo had glitches all over it and stuff was messed up... there is stuff id like to see fixed like multiplayer hardcore trials leaderboards, match making, and console freezing... but i don't come in complaining... let them know your issue and it will get resolved as soon as it can...

Last thing is for redlynx admins... the console freezing only happens to me when i am in a xboxlive party chat... and i wouldn't be in it often but i can hear my friend playing with me better in party chat rather than in-game voice... It is really choppy using in-game voice...

rlmergeuser
05-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I couldn't document it, but I had a strange bug with the Area Select tool. I grabbed the beginning of my track (about 20-25 pieces, mostly Monoliths) and moved it about one meter left. Nothing was out of place, yet when I went to test, my tires wobbled. And slightly further, I was forced into a backflip off a flat Monolith. It went away after I hit Undo and re-moved the pieces with the Area Select tool.

I had the same issue. The guy was flying at a constant speed straight to the finish line. He even had "cdclip" on. I did a really good run, but it wasn`t possible to beat him.

Euphoric Fusion
05-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Not sure if it's intended but the no entry sign in the editor is not red and white.
The white is yellow and it looks really odd. Almost like you have it selected.
And you can only change the colour of the red so it's not fixable.

rlmergeuser
05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I've noticed a minor bug. If I have a checkpoint setup to trigger a state event that turns on an non-enabled event,data source or sound source and I move the checkpoint, everything that was non-enabled is now enabled again and I have to go back and uncheck the enabled box.

Like I said it's a minor issue, but it is a little annoying sometimes. Especially when you have the checkpoint tied to numerous things

I posted that elsewhere. Just thought i would post it here

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Any word on when this is coming? i am gonna avoid ranked matches til there is a patch. Fix the main issues 1st you dont have to patch every little problem in 1 go

nannerdw
05-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Sometimes when I'm trying to pick an individual "Steel Pipe - Straight" object within a glued group, the wrong item gets selected. No matter how far I zoom in or how precisely I place the cursor over the object I want to select, it always selects another item in the glued group. I end up just having to unglue the whole thing to select what I want.

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 03:29 AM
as far as I know no-one else has reported this problem

Were you referring to my post about 18 million points of mine disappearing and my rank dropping half a million spots?

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Yep this has been happening to me also, but only in hardcore trials and occasionally regular trials. It doesnt matter how many times i try, i cannot get into a hardcore match.

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 08:45 PM
setting water position with OPE causes it to stick to the ceiling of the world.

havent found a work around yet.

offset / invert the axis or something perhaps, anyways doesnt work as expected.

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Area Selector intersecting with ground appears to cause the low performance issue.

It would also be handy to be able to select the individual contents of a group with area select not just the group itself.
Cheers...

EDIT: Also dragging checkpoints makes my current track run like treacle while the drag is in effect.

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 11:07 PM
grouping Floor Decals removes the individual Scaling. making them all the same? size. seemingly stretched to the max over one axis. this effect could just be from the properties of the group I have made of course but regardless the individual atomic nature of the data is affected.

rlmergeuser
05-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Setting physics types on large numbers of selected objects simultaneously causes app to grind badly.

Optimising the changes "cascade tree" could probably improve that somewhat.
You'll know better than me. I am talking about near the max selectable amount to see true grind in action of course. not a bug as such, just unperformant.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 12:04 AM
apologies for all the posts. I post em as they come,

When compensating for a Gimbal Locked camera (traditional Look Down in Plan View Gimbal Lock) by rotating past the Critical lock point by a few degrees (into the Good 359 &deg;) choosing Move Camera snaps the camera back into the locked position a few degrees before.

As there is no order of Axi Preference this would seem a bit of an oversight making setting cameras that wish to look just beyond the point of gimbal lock blumming difficult to setup. Having said that compensating with alternate calculations may indeed be possibly but hardly pratical.

Ideally the camera would notice the new orientation and internally pivot the Axi 180 &deg; (or something) or simply allow the illegal but perfectly setupable camera angle in Move Camera view.

Thanks.

Or just provide an ortho alternative - like a PLAN VIEW camera. that would rule http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 12:13 AM
Hit testing fails when objects are grouped.

As I understand it grouping should be passive but having objects grouped makes the HIT TRIGGER fail to operate. This is 100% reproducable.

This is occuring when I copy a group if that helps narrow it down.
Ungrouping causes the Hit Trigger to operate normally again.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Static Sounds dont overide local sounds in the sound culling heirarchy?

Also no seeming support for displaying when sound creation capability thresholds are exceeded. All other resources are monitored for maximum capacity so this is perhaps worthy of consideration.

NICE TO HAVE:
Also the event pulse chain appears very loose by audio standard (but meh thats okay) it would be nice if audio events could be either marked as important or simply had an elevated status though...

REQUEST FOR INFO?
It would also be nice to know how many simultaneous sounds can be generated. it doesnt seem like it is very many to be honest but I'm probably wrong.
If the total sounds are cullled how are they culled "Last in first out"? closest to target?
All is so far it's quite tough to deal with sound which rather makes truly music based skill games and tracks a bit tough to create with any consistancy.

Some numbers would be nice or just a readout or more sensible culling.

EDIT: Perhaps this should just be a request for info / Features rather than a bug...?
But assuming the culling does indeed remove static sounds over local ones then I would have it as a bug.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I know it has been mentioned by many others but i'm tired of my xbox freezing up...happens if i host a mp lobby with user created tracks, browsing track central also crashes my xbox, seems like when the leaderboards won't load it's getting ready to freeze again...I love playing this game, but restarting my xbox by the sixth time is getting a bit absurd....Please find a way to remedy this one

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 12:35 PM
No Contact Response physics enabled object does not send impulses thru Hit Trigger.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
"Enabling" a looping soundsource (specifically the music ones) dynamically with a binary datasource (and the relevant the SOUND EVENT event) causes a short click, pushing the HEAR SOUND (A) button also causes the blip to happen once the ENABLED parameter is databound.
The volume is also data linked but this makes no difference as outlined below... I have dug further and it would seem some sort of call is being made to the SOUND PREVIEW errantly. The volume value does not affect the blip and only affects the call a tick or so later when the sound starts.

Notably the blip seems unaffected by pitch calls, if that helps trace it.

EDIT: yep, It makes a Blip, pop or click whatever you do, and setting the volume to 0 does not help, nor does setting it to non-static sound and placing it far away.

It ignores the volume setting completely, sadly this, coupled with the fact that if you try to simultaneously enable many static looping soundsources that some of them do not actually trigger makes the synth I am creating an impossibility without nasty sound artifacts or a very limited wavetable sound pallete rather than the lovely additive synth logic I have created. perhaps I can work around it in some other horrible hacky setup way. (EDIT: I have ended up with Delayed Cascade Enabling in the first few ticks and then volume based control)

Further EDIT: I wondered if maybe you had realised you had an issue and so I tested the SOUND EVENT event instead of a straight binary setting. no change of course. but it was worth a try. so this issue also affects all sounds that are set dynamically and include sound content within the first tick or so. Sounds that do not have a sound component in this time frame. E.G Evil Laugh are of course unaffected.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Playing multiplayer (online), I've been running into performance issues when in those races where it shows everyone's ghosts real-time. Basically, it feels like the processor has slowed down or something, almost like I'm driving underwater. Is this known, or hasn't this been brought up yet? FYI, I've got a pre-S 360 Pro.

rlmergeuser
05-13-2012, 11:14 PM
I've noticed a minor bug. If I have a checkpoint setup to trigger a state event that turns on an non-enabled event,data source or sound source and I move the checkpoint, everything that was non-enabled is now enabled again and I have to go back and uncheck the enabled box.

Like I said it's a minor issue, but it is a little annoying sometimes. Especially when you have the checkpoint tied to numerous things

I posted that elsewhere. Just thought i would post it here

Ricky and I found out the cause of this problem.

If you are using your checkpoint to trigger a state event and you hit the back button while holding an object near that checkpoint. It will change your enabled box to whatever your state event it set to, and everything that is connected to the state event will be changed.

So if you have event's/filters enable box's unchecked and your state event is set to turn them on. If you pick up an object around your checkpoint, and then hit the back button, then those event's/filters enable box's will then be checked and vice versa. So you will need to go back and uncheck/check your even'ts and filters.

Hope that makes sense and helps http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
05-14-2012, 02:58 AM
9/10 attempts at connecting end up with this error for me. Really makes me wonder why hitting A after a match is called "rematch", but it always hooks you up with new players. If it just reconnected you, playing MP wouldn't be such a chore.

rlmergeuser
05-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Colorize does nothing to Rope Set and Rope Bridge

Euphoric Fusion
05-14-2012, 09:33 AM
Some of the defailt axis for objects seem to be off. I can't remember them all off the top of my head but one of the scaffold end pieces is not straight when you double click the right stick.
Some of the other objects have their rotation point at the edge and not the middle which is confusing.

Daigoro-
05-14-2012, 11:00 AM
yep it sucks.

a temporary fix i use is to log out of LIVE and log back in again. it gets me into a match immediately every 9 times out of 10 (better than 1 out of every 10!).

it sucks, but it works.

rlmergeuser
05-14-2012, 03:15 PM
yep it sucks.

a temporary fix i use is to log out of LIVE and log back in again. it gets me into a match immediately every 9 times out of 10 (better than 1 out of every 10!).

it sucks, but it works.

yea this has been working for me but its awfully annoying. plus my rank sometimes resets to 1 after doing it.. not sure if thats the cause or not? oh well patch will hopefully fix these things

rlmergeuser
05-14-2012, 10:23 PM
My problem is that all of my points, except for 350k of them, disappeared and my ranking dropped from around 2000 to about 500,000. I noticed this the morning after one of many freezes while playing multiplayer. I've played a few times since then hoping that it would come back but it hasn't. Although, I am still accumulating points as I go back through and get the platinums.

Has anyone else had this problem? Will this also be addressed in the patch?[/quote]

it happened again! This time while I was playing! I started playing all the tracks in singleplayer again to make sure im on top of my friends list, I randomly checked the leaderbords and BAM! Back down to 300,000 points again and ranked around 550,000 on the overall leaderboard again. What gives??

This happened about 2 Weeks ago and my points or ranking were never restored. I started getting more points as continued to beat my times. Last night before the reset, I was back up to about 1.5 million. I don't know the exact number that my points were set back to, but I feel it was the same each time.

I have not seen anyone with this same problem yet and I am hoping I won't fall through the cracks when they fix the leaderboards.. can a dev chime in on this if you have a sec?

Thanks!

ben1bob
05-15-2012, 10:14 AM
managed to play one supercross match last night and then got the error message.

it's driving me mental. wanna play a bit of MP so i can chill, rather than constantly going for platinums in SP. but i get this error at some point every single time i play.

Elements1992
05-15-2012, 10:17 AM
yep it sucks.

it sucks, but it works.

I do this, it's a pain in the *** but it works!

rlmergeuser
05-15-2012, 10:35 AM
The skill game exploits mentioned in the OP are not the only two.

Exploding Man and SPHERE both have the same issue whereby the finishing line is not the farthest point from the start, therefore no matter how fast you finish you won't beat whoever found the bit that's farthest away.

sebastianaalton
05-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Patch will fix a lot of MP issues. We hope to get it online as soon as possible.

Euphoric Fusion
05-15-2012, 08:42 PM
I created a car with wheels and physics joints (like the example car).
I then locked the car to driving line and glued some lights to it.
Now when I sub-select the car the option of lock to driving line isn't available and checking/unchecking lock to driving line for the whole glued group won't toggle it either.
I had to delete the object and start over.

rlmergeuser
05-16-2012, 12:24 AM
The (A) button on the multiplayer matching screen should be a toggle: press to show READY, and press again to turn off.

Right now it sometimes doesn't respond, it sometimes presses it for you, its very wonky.

rlmergeuser
05-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Not an issue, per se, but the Ninja tag just isn't quite specific enough. I'd love Ninja Level 1, Ninja Level 2, up to 5 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/biggrin.gif Each level is a full difficulty higher, so, plain ole Ninja just doesn't cut it.

aLeX--XeLa
05-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Just finished making my track, the only the problem is there are flickering lines everywhere, which is really annoying. When i got to a certain point of my track, it said too many lights are affecting certain something or another, however i have like zero lights at all on it. Ive uploaded the track 'the islands' if you wanna search it to see what im talking about. Ive heard about setting things to decoration only, which ive done, but it hasnt helped, so am lost on how to fix this problem. Have posted this on the board, and other member who has played it doesnt know also, and kindly linked me here for an answer. There are however assumptions that it is 'thick grass variation 1' which is the problem, and i have quite a lot of it on my map, and if this is the case, would it be safe to use all the other variations on the 'thick grass set' and all the variations on the 'grass set' (the set above the thick grass set) without this problem?
Any help and advise is much appreciated. Gt - O aLeX XeLa O

HoorayItsMike
05-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Very weird glitch just happened.

I pressed start EXACTLY as I finished a track in a tournament. My rider and everything else froze, but the pause menu didn't come up. I hit A to continue and then the pause menu came up as I was in the "Select the next track" screen. I selected the next track. The screen turned black but the pause menu stayed up. At that point the game seems to have frozen or at least be unable to load the next track. I can't move my cursor around on the pause menu.

Obviously this is a very small glitch and it's easily avoidable. But maybe just something in the future to look at.

rlmergeuser
05-16-2012, 05:25 AM
Did the patch come out? I just noticed that 17 million points of mine came back, it still seems less than I should have, but I'm not complaining http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
05-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Did the patch come out? I just noticed that 17 million points of mine came back, it still seems less than I should have, but I'm not complaining http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Nope, but they did fix the leaderboards.

Euphoric Fusion
05-16-2012, 09:44 AM
Bug with sound source->objects->car, honk.
It won't just play a single honk each time.

rlmergeuser
05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Bug with sound source->objects->car, honk.
It won't just play a single honk each time.

I don't think that's a bug. There are other sounds that have a few variations. Like the train horn. Sometimes it will sound one way, other times it will be different.

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I got thrown out of the world limits yesterday while in the editor and couldn't get back in. I had to exit the editor and reload my track. Luckily it didn't get corrupted.

I was selecting a target for a visible state event. The target and event were a pretty good distance apart and the target was fairly close to the world limits. I selected the target and hit the B button, so it would take me back to the visible event, but it threw me out. I was using the navigation that only allows to move up,down and side to side. I think this was more my fault than the editor's. I was just letting it known http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

Kevin_Octacok
05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Here's a NEW BUG!

I have probably over a hundred objects glued, because they aren't physics enabled, there is no slowdown/lag. Basically my whole level needs to be glued for my gimmick to work, but multiple glue groups is fine (and what I have, one big one and one small one I just started). Note that Grouped objects will not work.

So I've gotten 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through the short level gluing almost all objects on the driving line, and it's worked fine until now. Now then I try to select and object, it doesn't highlight and then I press A it selects objects the I placed a few objects before that object. But it's different with different objects- ie if I try to select one object it goes to a rail and selects that instead, or if I go to select something else it selects the object I placed before the rail, if that makes any sense.

Heh same problem with the ferris wheel, when doing the spokes if one needed to be adjusted in the glue group I had to put the curser over the spoke to the right of the one I wanted. I just worked around this weird anomally. I thought it was due to glue group size as well. It's u eight pain in the behind tho.
monsta bonza

I need this not to happen if I am to finish my track, so I sure could use some help!

jonofthejungle9
05-16-2012, 11:42 PM
My friend can't play hardcore trials in MP. It always comes up with an error message saying it had promlems connecting.
He is level 15 and it lets him play other modes but not HC. It will begin searching and then give this error msg every time.
He really likes to play online and is frustrated he cant race harder tracks.

rlmergeuser
05-17-2012, 01:51 AM
MY MULTIPLAYER LEVEL(36) HAS BEEN SHOT DOWN TO ZERO!!!????i cant find n e thing bout leaderboard resets!!!heeeelp or answer or suggestion please!!!!!

rlmergeuser
05-17-2012, 04:51 AM
He really likes to play online and is frustrated he cant race harder tracks.
Join the club, i could join Hardcore as regularly as the other modes over a week ago lately its been a disaster though i almost always get the error.

I win most trials and supercross races, but i want to play the hardcore tracks even though i only win just over half of them i prefer the challenge.

If they are to release a map pack they need to add some harder Supercross tracks for ranked matches, i dont see why people lose points for faulting in supercross mode(in local multiplayer i can understand but not ranked)

rlmergeuser
05-17-2012, 04:37 PM
buying HD did not unlock my free T and stuff.

I bought it a couple of days ago now. still hasnt unlocked http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Any thoughts? I literally bought it for the free T so... yeah.
Any thoughts would be great

rlmergeuser
05-17-2012, 04:43 PM

I bought it a couple of days ago now. still hasnt unlocked http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

Play it and set some times. That's what it's probably looking for.

Oh, yeah. It's still awesome. You should play it lots.

rlmergeuser
05-17-2012, 07:08 PM

Not sure, but I think it only checks it once the first time you play Trials Evolution.
To force it to re-check, try going into "help/options" and then select "Trials HD Rewards".

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Yeah,
My multiplayer rank resets after every game restart http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/sad.gif

BeatBoxingBob
05-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Don't know if it's been said so sorry if it has.
My downloaded tracks don't show in order when I go to sort by> Creator.

It will look like this
X
X
X
Y
Y
Z
X

Where X is the same creator.

rlmergeuser
05-18-2012, 08:49 AM
Don't know if it's been said so sorry if it has.
My downloaded tracks don't show in order when I go to sort by> Creator.

It will look like this
X
X
X
Y
Y
Z
X

Where X is the same creator.

I think it has been mentioned before, but it's an odd oversight on their part. Not a big deal, just odd

rlmergeuser
05-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Can you fix the uppercase & lowercase when we search custom track by creator name http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

rlmergeuser
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Not sure, but I think it only checks it once the first time you play Trials Evolution.
To force it to re-check, try going into "help/options" and then select "Trials HD Rewards".

Hi. Did that with no joy.

*sigh*

Retribution
05-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi. Did that with no joy.

*sigh*

> Try setting some times on beginners tracks, when it registers, go back to Evo and see if anything updates.

> Delete Evo from your hard drive and clear the cache, then reinstall.

> Make a new XBL profile (can be silver), play trials HD first then get on Evo rewards. With any luck, it could unlock for all profiles tied to it upon signing in Evo.

rlmergeuser
05-20-2012, 12:01 PM
okay i will do that.

EDIT: Posting times did nothing. XBOX marketplace is still not working at my end so have to wait until it stops eroing to check the last bit :@

rlmergeuser
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Here's a new strange one!!

When racing a track from the individual leaderboards using "Race against this ghost", I got two different strange "false platinums" on the post-race summary screen.

Detail:
From the main menu, I went into Leaderboards, then into the individual track leaderboards.
I chose a track where I had a gold medal (Home Run).
I made sure my own score was selected, and pressed (X) to race against my own ghost.
I ran the track, and finished with no faults, slightly slower than my best time.
I didn't get a "you got a platinum" splash on this screen, but when I clicked (A) to go to the summary screen, it gave the "you got the platinum" animation/sound, despite the fact that my score was clearly slower than platinum, and slower than my fastest time.

I don't believe it increased my medal count or awarded me the platinum cash bonus, nor did it show a platinum on that track when I exited and came back into the leaderboards. So it was just a summary screen glitch.

Later I was playing from the leaderboards again, trying to repro it. I couldn't get it to happen the same way, and actually did get a legitimate platinum on Home Run.
Then I played Around the Ranch (still using "Race against this ghost"). This time, I beat my track best, but was still slower than platinum speed.
But when I went to the summary screen, it showed all 4 medals, including platinum, even though I hadn't yet earned a platinum (it didn't give me the "you just earned platinum" sound and animation, it was simply already displayed on the summary screen).

So, not sure what's going on here, but clearly something is wrong with the summary screen when you play tracks from the leaderboards. If I can repro this again, I'll try to take a pic with my phone.

One more minor error I encountered:
When you EXIT the summary screen after playing a track from the leaderboards (as described above), you have to exit the track leaderboard TWICE to get back to the track list.

rlmergeuser
05-23-2012, 01:12 AM
With the Area Select tool, if I select near the max amount of items, the rotation snap (LB) messes up. If I highlight the red or blue ring, as soon as I hit LB it switches to green. The same happens with "snap to X" and "snap to Z" options (didn't try Y) + Area Select tool + loads of items.

rlmergeuser
05-24-2012, 11:01 AM
I also encountered some small bugs.

1- sometimes my xbox freezes/black screen when i want to see the leaderboards on a custom track, this mostly happens when i haven't downloaded the track yet.

2- custom replays, sometimes i check out the best replay on a custom track, then i go to another track and also check out the best replay. Then the same guy from the first replay is there and crashes after a couple meters, its a completely different gamertag though.

But it doesn't bother me much, only the black screen is not so cool.

rlmergeuser
05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Two reproduceable bugs:

1. When I uncheck Global linear/angular Damping on bike or on the rider, the custom damping values do not store or recall properly. For example, setting damping to 1%, closing the dialog, then reopening it will show that the damping value has changed to 22%. 2% is changed to 44%, etc.

2. Using "Reset to Driving Line" to place the driver near a Physics Joint can cause that joint to break immediately. I've tried unchecking the "Reset Physics" box, which helps for joints a little further away. I've also made the physics bubble as small as possible (5 m), which also helps somewhat.