PDA

View Full Version : what happens when...

rlmergeuser
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM
imagin that your playing evo, you have 1 or 2 things left to buy in the in game shop, you buy them... what hapens to your now?
will there be a leader board for most cash?
will there be a cap to the amount you can have?
or will it go to something like 999,999,999,999,999 (i dont know what comes after trillion, i think its quad million,billion?)
any way i would love it to go well over the above number.
....arrgg i forgot what else i was going to say was to bussy trying to figure out what comes after 999T.

never ask me to come up with an argument i lose the plot rather fast..as you can see.

Oski
11-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Nine hundred and ninety nine quadrillion nine hundred and ninety nine trillion nine hundred and ninety nine billion nine hundred and ninety nine million nine hundred and ninety nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine

rlmergeuser
11-13-2011, 07:19 PM
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif ....thats a mind blowingly big number http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif what happens when you +1? dose the calculator explode?

ahh new thought.. maby the shop will update every other month or so with new stuff? and take some other stuff out when it updates.

crazhalo
11-13-2011, 10:03 PM
:o ....thats a mind blowingly big number http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif what happens when you +1? dose the calculator explode?

ahh new thought.. maby the shop will update every other month or so with new stuff? and take some other stuff out when it updates.

Well, its just ur rider.. How many stuff u want for that?

rlmergeuser
11-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, its just ur rider.. How many stuff u want for that?[/quote]

what do you meen "its 'just'ur rider" without that it wouldent be much of a game.

and im just thinking of the cash cap i either want a masive cap or a endless amount of stuff to buy, because i dont like hiting caps you just hit a dead end.

RetiredRonin
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Unless Evolution introduces a Prestige-style system, you will eventually run out of things to buy.

How many days would it take a 10-25 man team to come up with an endless supply of items (this is a trick question)?

Nytmair
11-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Unless Evolution introduces a Prestige-style system, you will eventually run out of things to buy.

How many days would it take a 10-25 man team to come up with an endless supply of items (this is a trick question)?

This is a company that came up with 1000 tracks, 1000 heroz, and 1000 relics....
I'd say they can come up with a fairly endless supply if they wanted to.

rlmergeuser
11-14-2011, 08:39 PM
well not an endless list, but maybe just a seasonal rotation in the shop so that you dont just buy every thing all at once and never go in there again. so it will take atleast a year to get it all.
and dont tell me you wont play evo for that long XD you and me both know it will be at least 4 years before you stop playing it. HD still has years of play in it.

i realy wouldent like it if evo had some sort of limit to the game play (that includes the cash, seen as you get that from playing). THD was a limitless game thats 1 thing i loved about it.

either no limit or a very large one, thats what this thread was about(cash).

SuperRadioCase
11-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure if any official information has been released regarding how to go about earning Evolution dosh but I'm thinking that you will more than likely earn a fixed amount of money based off of the medals you've earned on each track. Otherwise, it would be way too easy to earn money. You could replay the easiest beginner track in the game over and over again and earn all of the money you'd ever need for the shop without putting in much effort. That kind of defeats the purpose of earning it, don't you think?

RetiredRonin
11-14-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure if any official information has been released regarding how to go about earning Evolution dosh but I'm thinking that you will more than likely earn a fixed amount of money based off of the medals you've earned on each track. Otherwise, it would be way too easy to earn money. You could replay the easiest beginner track in the game over and over again and earn all of the money you'd ever need for the shop without putting in much effort. That kind of defeats the purpose of earning it, don't you think?

They did explain it, but not in-depth.

You earn cash the first time you earn a medal. If you earn 2 medals at once (say Silver and Gold) you get a bit of a bonus. This is where most of the cash will come from.

You also earn a smaller amount for finishing a track.

That's about all the details we've been given.

@Nytmair - Not to downplay the amount of work that I am sure went into the creation of the 1000 Heroz, Artifacts, and Item descriptions, but I'm willing to bet that creating 1000 different accessories for a 3D game is a bit more involved. Modeling the items, adding textures, testing for bugs (did that hoodie go through the handlebars?!), with 3D items just seems more complex and involved.

I could TOTALLY be wrong.

Willyums
11-14-2011, 09:18 PM
but then only the best (all plat) riders have access to all of the items you can buy.

i think you get a very small amount for each run so its possible for everybody to buy the better items but the good players can get them quicker.

Nytmair
11-14-2011, 10:19 PM

They did explain it, but not in-depth.

You earn cash the first time you earn a medal. If you earn 2 medals at once (say Silver and Gold) you get a bit of a bonus. This is where most of the cash will come from.

You also earn a smaller amount for finishing a track.

That's about all the details we've been given.

@Nytmair - Not to downplay the amount of work that I am sure went into the creation of the 1000 Heroz, Artifacts, and Item descriptions, but I'm willing to bet that creating 1000 different accessories for a 3D game is a bit more involved. Modeling the items, adding textures, testing for bugs (did that hoodie go through the handlebars?!), with 3D items just seems more complex and involved.

I could TOTALLY be wrong.

Good point. I guess I was just thinking of the fact of being able to create these items, mostly conceptually. I am sure it would be a lot more work to impliment and actually create them in Evo..

rlmergeuser
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Thx for the spoiler.

rlmergeuser
11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Thx for the spoiler.

what spoiler? what they just said has been said in a few interviews and Q&A's. all i wanted to know is,what is the cash cap? but i guess ill just find out on my own.

rlmergeuser
11-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Would have expected a new video, or some news by now!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

Fallenultima1
11-16-2011, 11:30 PM
trillion, quadrillion, quintillion, sextillion, septillion, octillion, nontillion, decillion, undocillion, tredocillion, quattourdecillion, quindecillion, sexdecillion, septendecillion, octodecillion, novemdecillion, vigintillion, I dont know the next 10, but then it goes to centillion, then goes on to googol. I actually knew all the way up to decillion, I needed help from the internet after that http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
11-20-2011, 06:53 AM
but then only the best (all plat) riders have access to all of the items you can buy.

i think you get a very small amount for each run so its possible for everybody to buy the better items but the good players can get them quicker.
It already is like that, except the good riders who get plats get the extra money faster then the bad riders who have to just repeatedly beat a track and get the smaller rewards for it.

Willyums
11-20-2011, 10:35 AM

It already is like that, except the good riders who get plats get the extra money faster then the bad riders who have to just repeatedly beat a track and get the smaller rewards for it.
i dont get what you mean, thats just the same as what i said http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

i was replying to someone who said that there may only be money to be earned from each medal, and therefore putting a limit on how much money is in the game and making it impossible for anyone who cant achieve all platinum to get all of the unlocks.
i said 'i think' because i couldnt remember if i read that from somewhere official or if i just assumed that would be how it works.