PDA

View Full Version : Question about Challenges

RetiredRonin
09-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I may be misunderstanding how challenges are supposed to work.

I thought that if I only invited 1 friend to participate in a challenge, then it would only allow that person and myself to participate.

This doesn't seem to be the case at all. It seems that everyone on my Friends List is able to participate, and some people I don't even know.

Is this a bug, or do challenges go out to all of your friends regardless of whether or not you invite them? As of now, deselecting people so that you only invite one person doesn't keep others from participating.

Euphoric Fusion
09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
The only challenge I set up had loads of people I didn't even have on my list.
If you are referring to me driving on your challenges then I'll just stay out of them in future http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif it's no problem.

RedLynxANBA
09-09-2011, 07:34 PM
When setting the challenge you just note that your challenge startted. All friends can join.

If your friend sets up challene his friend can join also. So thats why there may be friend friend that you dont know.

RetiredRonin
09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
If you are referring to me driving on your challenges then I'll just stay out of them in future http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif it's no problem.

It was because of you that I noticed it, but by all means race the challenge. I just thought that I could challenge a single person to a 1 vs 1 race by using those check boxes.

I understand what ANBA is saying about it just sending the notifications to the people you select, I just thought it worked a bit differently is all.

This would be a nice feature to have though. Sometimes you want to see how you stack up against a buddy without a lot of other people involved.

RedLynxANBA
09-09-2011, 08:30 PM
True.

We tought that we could set up custom time for challenge. Like lets say 15min - 1hour - 4 hours - 12h - 24h

Hows that?

Euphoric Fusion
09-09-2011, 08:33 PM
A custom time would be very nice, but Shifty has a good point and maybe some sort of privacy setting for each challenge before you start it: eg invite only/friends/friends of friends. Kinda like party privacy on Halo.

RetiredRonin
09-09-2011, 08:47 PM
A custom time would be very nice, but Shifty has a good point and maybe some sort of privacy setting for each challenge before you start it: eg invite only/friends/friends of friends. Kinda like party privacy on Halo.

Exactly.