PDA

View Full Version : Why do you have to race again to get more medals?

rlmergeuser
09-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Whilst I normally wait for iPad games to be discounted, I like the idea of DrawRace2 and bought it... Its slick no doubt, but there is something which immediately annoyed me.

It follow the "collect medals to advice" concept which is fine... And in order to progress to the next Skill level you need to collect atleast one medal from each race.. And I honestly believed that the medals would be based on things like

1. Finish 3rd, 2nd, 1st (Bronze, Silver, Gold)
2. Finish in a given lap time
3. Get X balloons
4. Do a lap without crashing
5. etc etc etc

All that kind of stuff, which we have grown to expect from this kind of game.. But instead of this, we just have to repeat the race with an additional Opponent to collect the medal and this frankly gets boring.

I am not expecting this to be changed as it too late now, but I am seriously disappointed by this.. I have only completed "Rookie" so far, but already I have lost the "have another go" feel to try and get through the levels.

Am I alone? Does anyone else think this?

Jon

jenkki
09-08-2011, 07:01 AM
hi jweaver, sorry you feel that way, a few comments here and there have been similar to yours but it seems to be in the minority.
Adding new opponents really just is beating the track by incrementally better times. And as mentioned, you don't need to beat every track 3 times to advance.

rlmergeuser
09-08-2011, 10:07 AM
hi jweaver, sorry you feel that way, a few comments here and there have been similar to yours but it seems to be in the minority.
Adding new opponents really just is beating the track by incrementally better times. And as mentioned, you don't need to beat every track 3 times to advance.

No need to apologise.. Its not a big deal, but I did feel it was an odd decision.. I just miss having 'challenges' like "beat a lap time"... or "do a clean lap".. That kind of stuff... Atleast if there was more focus on laptimes it might feel less of a thankless task.. I know that you can go into "crystal" and see your lap times.. But I would like to see some kind of summary after every race, showing lap/race times, whether you have set any personal records and if so, by how much.

Jon