PDA

View Full Version : Bike physics?? Thoughts..

rlmergeuser
08-17-2011, 03:28 PM
I thought the bike physics in HD were very good and I think it's an element of the game that doesn't need changing because I can't see how it can really be improved upon.

With a new game though, you half expect it to be different somehow... So just wondered what you guys think could possibly make bike physics better than they are in HD, or how it could be changed.

Nytmair
08-17-2011, 03:29 PM
I remember reading the physics will be basically the same. I don't know where it was posted though, so I can't go find it.

sebastianaalton
08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Naturally we are trying to improve the physics a bit in every game iteration. Trials HD bike physics were already pretty good, so we are doing no major changes for it this time. Mostly we are trying to reduce the physics glitches (make the physics more stable) and of course to optimize the physics engine, so we can have more physics stuff active at the same time. The new editor offers better physics tools for track creators, as you can see from the gameplay videos (the stone hands gripping, etc).

Oski
08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Naturally we are trying to improve the physics a bit in every game iteration. Trials HD bike physics were already pretty good, so we are doing no major changes for it this time. Mostly we are trying to reduce the physics glitches (make the physics more stable) and of course to optimize the physics engine, so we can have more physics stuff active at the same time. The new editor offers better physics tools for track creators, as you can see from the gameplay videos (the stone hands gripping, etc).

Does the Underground trick still work?

Euphoric Fusion
08-17-2011, 04:06 PM
All I want tweaked from the handling side is no more legs getting stuck on landing and making you fault.

SuperRadioCase
08-17-2011, 04:43 PM

I'd be surprised if it wasn't fixed. The first thing they probably did was fix the spokes on the bike after that little shortcut was discovered.

xPrOFeSsi0NaL
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Sounds good to me. Im on board!

Chicago__AJ
08-17-2011, 09:15 PM

I'd be surprised if it wasn't fixed. The first thing they probably did was fix the spokes on the bike after that little shortcut was discovered.
It wasn't the spokes, it was the fork. There's no way they could fix this in HD without ruining the rest of the game and bike's physics.

xPrOFeSsi0NaL
08-17-2011, 09:19 PM
They shouldnt have fixed anything to do with the bike when the glitch was discovered.

What they should have done was just half way through the top part of the track just build up a few editor blocks, this way there was no possibility of being able to get past them, therefore not being able to finish besides going the bottom route. Simple as that.