PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 Playtime on Trials Evo

Willyums
07-03-2011, 02:08 AM
youve just woken up on the release day of Trials Evolution and turned your xbox on.
youve paid up and started the game.

- what do you do first, straight away? (poll)
and
- how does your first day with Evo play out?

im heading straight for the editor, see our new goodies and just to have a play around with the new possibilities. may even get hooked and start track number 1 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

but after that my first day will be getting through the race tracks without much worry of rank or medal, i just want to see it all to begin with.
doubt ill touch multiplayer at all for the first few days, same with skill games.

what about you lot?

NovaDarkStorm
07-03-2011, 02:12 AM
I think I would have a gander on the tracks and see what's install for the starting tracks and see if there is ninja level in there. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I hope they place ninja tracks in.

JoeRegular
07-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Definitely playing all tracks through just to see them all. Then the plat mission.

rlmergeuser
07-03-2011, 02:50 AM
Probably will just play the tracks once and move on

Chicago__AJ
07-03-2011, 03:56 AM
Wait for videos of the tracks on youtube, then possible buy the game.

jook13
07-03-2011, 04:29 AM
I'm going to call into work. Then I will systematically platinum every track in the game first day.

eH reH eH reH
07-03-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm gonna platinum all the tracks starting with the extremes. Then I'll be playing multiplayer.

rlmergeuser
07-03-2011, 05:29 AM
For almost every single game I go buy my rule of dont touch anything else until story mode is complete.So for this game it will be nothing else till all tracks have been beaten regardless of time or metal.I may brake this rule if I rage quit during the extremes and/or ninjas.Then I'll most likely go into editor for a good while then mp with my friends or a mixture of that.

rlmergeuser
07-03-2011, 10:55 AM
i hope trials evo isnt the full 2gb or it will take me 3 to 4 hours to download, and those hours are gonna go sooo slow.

crazhalo
07-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I hope it is big, that means more/bigger content. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
Editor http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

Nytmair
07-03-2011, 02:19 PM
First thing that I do for every game ever... check out the settings.
Not sure why, but that is what I always do.

Then I'll probably jump around... do some races, definitely check multiplayer, etc.

rlmergeuser
07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Im still SO curious to see how the new bikes are going to handle, the phoenix has a lot of potential for extreme tracks

T4KShadow
07-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Go through the tracks, and 0-fault them. Not bothered about Plats at first. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_geek.gif

xXDonReneXx
07-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Just drive through every track to see everything. then going for 0 fault http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I think I won´t care very much about the editor in the first days...

rlmergeuser
07-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Aim for top 1000 and try to make 500 and stay there .. then ill check out the editor and see who made a trac

jook13
07-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I wont make a track till I have a good feel for the new bikes... Depending on how much they change the physics, it might take a while before I make any tracks.

crazhalo
07-04-2011, 12:06 AM
I will probably in the first week just gonna try to race all the race tracks in the top 5000. Buth i think that is gonna be an easy cake if the physics are the same.

Colors_of_Life
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM
youve just woken up on the release day of Trials Evolution and turned your xbox on.
I wouldn't wake up on the release date. I'd stay up from the previous day http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

None of the above. First thing I'm going to do is look at the leaderboards and look for an overall time leaderboard. If it doesn't have one I'll punch my wall in disappointment, make a sandwich, and take a nap.

If the above incident occured then once I awaken from my nap I would simply spend the next 2 years in the editor and playing custom tracks.

Then I would just try to hold the world record for all of the beginner tracks.

crazhalo
07-04-2011, 04:03 PM

None of the above. First thing I'm going to do is look at the leaderboards and look for an overall time leaderboard.

We are gonna know that probably before release.

RetiredRonin
07-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Hopefully sit in party chat with les and vile and laugh as our feeble attempts to get WRs end with disastrous results..

Basically the same thing we do with Trials HD.

xPrOFeSsi0NaL
07-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Play each track through until i can get 0 faults and/or platinum. Then either multiplayer (unless i just get my plats in multiplayer cause im not sure how things will work out) or editor mode!!!

Euphoric Fusion
07-05-2011, 09:56 AM
I'd run through all the tracks, get used to the handling (there is bound to be slight nuances) and only when I am confident that my riding is up to scratch will I hit the editor.

Willyums
07-05-2011, 11:06 AM
I'd run through all the tracks, get used to the handling (there is bound to be slight nuances)...
i hope there is to be honest. i cant imagine they'll make huge changes to the handling but it would be nice to play the game for the first time and it feel fresh and different to HD.

i imagine if it doesnt change greatly, the people who are still consistently playing will hit the ground running and the gap between those and the more casual players will be massive at first.
there are tons of people who got Trials HD, enjoyed it for 6 months but maybe havent played it for over a year; i think when they get Trials Evo probably straight away because they liked HD, theyll look at day 1 replays and be stunned how people are going so fast already.

crazhalo
07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, i wanna feel like a newb again when i play for the first time. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

RetiredRonin
07-05-2011, 12:35 PM
I was pissed when I first played HD, it was just too hard. I hated trying tracks over and over and still faulting on "Where's the Ground".

I have since decided that it was the best part. That feeling of achievement when I got 50% silver, then my first Gold, then finished Extremes, first Platinum, 100 platinums...

I am sad to think that my skills may make some of those same things in Evo seem inconsequential.

I know that if the physics are even 90% the same then I will love the game. I just kinda wish I still sucked at HD so I could have the learning experience again.

CagBall
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I was pissed when I first played HD, it was just too hard. I hated trying tracks over and over and still faulting on "Where's the Ground".

I have since decided that it was the best part. That feeling of achievement when I got 50% silver, then my first Gold, then finished Extremes, first Platinum, 100 platinums...

I am sad to think that my skills may make some of those same things in Evo seem inconsequential.

I know that if the physics are even 90% the same then I will love the game. I just kinda wish I still sucked at HD so I could have the learning experience again.

I wish this also.

rlmergeuser
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll go through them all first...get a feel for them then head over to the multiplayer options for a bit...I didn't take advantage of the track editor on this game...I plan to take full advantage of it when evo hits.

Nytmair
07-05-2011, 02:06 PM
(unless i just get my plats in multiplayer cause im not sure how things will work out)

Oh man, if it works like that where you can get single track new records in multiplayer, or in tournaments, I will be extremely happy, and probably hop in multiplayer first thing.

Nytmair
07-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Hopefully sit in party chat with les and vile and laugh as our feeble attempts to get WRs end with disastrous results..

Basically the same thing we do with Trials HD.

I think we might be in similar skill levels- sorta. Any chance I could join your threesome on release day? (if I can find my mic)

RetiredRonin
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Certainly sir. We usually try to make it invite only, as les gets massive TrialdHDfan joins, vile gets BFBC2 joins and I get Roadkill joins, but sending a message to one of the 3 of us is usually enough to get into the party.

You may not want to join if you get easily offended. We are foul mouthed punks when playing games (Horde mode is bad) but, we mean well.

Nytmair
07-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it is practically impossible to offend me.
I'll send you a message release day if I remember, and if I can find my damn mic!

rlmergeuser
07-07-2011, 03:50 AM
i got the Big Thrills like 5 hours after it came out. this is when i sucked at Trials HD. i was amazed at how many top 10s i got that day because there was only about 500 - 2000 people on every LB. i guess Trials Evo will be like that to start.

rlmergeuser
07-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Errr... I'll play the tracks. I'll be somewhere in between option 1 and option 2.