PDA

View Full Version : structural integrity

Sharpe26
06-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Yeah I know, it's difficult to spell but the reason it's up here is as followed: let's say I'm flying a hellcat and I'm out of ammo and the zero in front of me has to come down I decide to ram him.

Now all, goes according to plan but, my entire wing comes off.

Should this happen?

my answer is no!

there are some real life examples of American flyers ramming Jap planes and living to tell the tale. I suppose this won't make it into game?

Sharpe26
06-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Yeah I know, it's difficult to spell but the reason it's up here is as followed: let's say I'm flying a hellcat and I'm out of ammo and the zero in front of me has to come down I decide to ram him.

Should this happen?

my answer is no!

there are some real life examples of American flyers ramming Jap planes and living to tell the tale. I suppose this won't make it into game?

NegativeGee
06-04-2004, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sharpe26:

Should this happen?

my answer is no!

there are some real life examples of American flyers ramming Jap planes and living to tell the tale. I suppose this won't make it into game?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stories of US pilots intentionally ramming or accidentally colliding with japanese planes?

You can survive collisons without damage as things are in FB at the moment, even when the other plane suffers terminal damage- it just doesn't happen very often.

Finally, how can you comment on flying the Hellcat against a Zero in PF?

"As weaponry, both were good, but in far different ways from each other. In a nutshell, I describe it this way: if the FW 190 was a sabre, the 109 was a florett, or foil, like that used in the precision art of fencing." - G√ľnther Rall

http://www.invoman.com/images/tali_with_hands.jpg

Look Noobie, we already told you, we don't have the Patch!

Sharpe26
06-04-2004, 08:42 AM
it was intended as an example, the information I got from the dev updates.

Tater-SW-
06-04-2004, 09:03 AM
I know it's not gonna happen with PF, but I hope the DM evolves a little in BoB and beyond. Many times your plane goes down with just a few feet of outboard wing gone. In RL, planes flew with this kind of damage.

You can ram a plane at low speed with your prop and saw him in half and still glide home now, BTW. The story that springs to mind is a flight of F4Us chasing a high alt recon plane, mighta been a Kate, can't remember, anyway, the guns on the F4Us froze from the alt (at the time they didn't have gun heaters) and 1 f4U decided to ram. He sawed the back of the recon plane off, losing a few feet off of his prop, but still RTBed. This was in Jablonski's Airwar I believe.

tater

PapaSmurf630
06-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Would be nice to accidentally crash into a tent or a small object at 5 mph with your wing and not have the whole thing ripped off by something so small...