PDA

View Full Version : MotoHeroz Trailer Should Get You All Revved-Up

jenkki
02-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Nintendo Life has put up astory regarding the MotoHeroz trailer released a few weeks ago.

developer RedLynx created Xbox Live Arcade's acclaimed Trials HD, an addictive take on the racing genre. With its upcoming WiiWare title the company hopes to recreate its success, with the trailer below showing off the game in action.

A cross between a racing game and a platformer, the game is set to offer four-player local multiplayer and an innovative online competition in which a new track is available every day, which should help to keep the struggle for the leaderboard crown fresh.

Boasting a smooth 60 frames per second frame rate, widescreen support and over 100 tracks, MotoHeroz could be a big hit when it launches on WiiWare later this year.

link (http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2011/02/motoheroz_trailer_should_get_you_all_revved_up)

RetiredRonin
02-10-2011, 04:28 PM
...and an innovative online competition in which a new track is available every day, which should help to keep the struggle for the leaderboard crown fresh...

Wait, so there's going to be a new track available to play each day? Did I misunderstand?

If I could get 365 extra tracks for this game in a year... then yeah. I'd buy it, and the Wii to play it on.

rlmergeuser
02-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I might have to dig out my Wii for this... 4 player looks a lot of fun...
Any chance of an x box release ?

RetiredRonin
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
I might have to dig out my Wii for this... 4 player looks a lot of fun...
Any chance of an x box release ?

If I understand it correctly, it's a Redlynx game being released/published for/by WiiWare, so an Xbox release looks like it's out of the picture.

rlmergeuser
02-15-2011, 10:47 PM
I saw that Motoheroz has been rated by the ESRB. Does that mean the game is done and is going to be released soon?

jenkki
02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
good questions, guys

Shifty, the game will feature a new daily online challenge - which could be a new track, a new game mode on an existing track, etc. More to be revealed in future previews. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Raistlin, yes Shifty is right - while anything his possible, MotoHeroz was designed for the ground up for the Wii. So we haven't really announced any plans to bring it to XBLA

Dragon, the ESRB rating used in the trailer was a conservative estimate for now, following trailer release guidelines. Final game is an 'E' rating. The game is targeted for Quarter two.

RetiredRonin
02-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Raistlin, yes Shifty is right - while anything his possible, MotoHeroz was designed for the ground up for the Wii. So we haven't really announced any plans to bring it to XBLA

Sometimes it sucks to be right. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

rlmergeuser
02-27-2011, 01:09 AM
I just played Trials HD on a friend's 360 today. Holy hell was that game fun. I must have spent an hour straight blasting through beginner, easy and some of the medium levels. Your game reminds me a lot of a free PC game I used to play called Xmoto.

I think I spent 20 minutes straight trying to get a strike on one of the medium levels. No luck in like 70 attempts. Then my friend steps in and gets it on his fourth attempt.

If Motoheroz turns out anywhere near as good as Trials, I'll be quite happy. Oh, are you guys going to use goofy sound effects for Motoheroz as well?

rlmergeuser
03-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good one… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.

rlmergeuser
03-07-2011, 11:56 PM
So we haven't really announced any plans to bring it to XBLA
Woo that means there's hope! Hurry up and announce plans to port an XBLA version so I can count the days till its released cause that game looks sweet!