PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for track makers

QcChopper
11-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Since Legends basically uses pictures as tracks, it would be pretty easy to recreate some tracks sections from Trials 2 or Trials HD, just need some quality screenshots and a bit of work, be aware that some things can't be done due to limitations of the editor in Legends (physics of course, backtracking and ceilings) we have a lot of material to work on, so if you can't do your own tracks, just rip some existing ones http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Please don't rip other people's customs without permission.

Also, you can make your own scaled tracks, take some of your stuff and arrange it creatively and take a picture, go outside and make a track with rocks and branches and stuff. You can even take a picture of yourself if you feel like being trampled on http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif Maybe celebrities?

Post your ideas!

Euphoric Fusion
11-19-2010, 12:29 AM
I need to get this clear in my head before even attempting this.

First we need a picture of the entire track.
Then we need to run it through Photoshop and make the background black and the ride line green.

Is that right?
What about the light map? how does that work?

s0ad667
11-19-2010, 12:40 AM
From what i saw, on the lightmap you just brush areas to indicate 'how lit' they are and this only affects rider's visibility. White means he's totally visible, black means he's not. Not really sure for other colors. From the example, it seems it's using a brown palette.

EDIT: Just noticed that the color palette affects the light's color too. It's pretty obvious in the Nocturnal Scrap Yard track.

nannerdw
11-19-2010, 03:57 AM
You can give the illusion of a silhouetted foreground object with a pure black area on the lightmap lined up with a black section on the visible image.

rlmergeuser
11-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Hehe yea i did a track with Redlynx's c.e.o Tero on a boat and you drive up his arm and over the top of a mafia esque hat.