PDA

View Full Version : *update* help still needed -remove poles from mud guard lift

rlmergeuser
01-22-2010, 11:04 PM
as you may or may not have seen in my other thread, i am making a track where i'm trying to make a seperate route that only 1 (or maybe 2) of the bikes can go down.

to seperate the phoenix, which has no front mud guard, i need a device that will grab the bike by both its mud guards, then transport it upwards about 10 feet, then let go again.

also, this device needs to have the minimum of equipment on the racing line, so the phoenix cant simply park on top of the rig.

*update*
my newest rig is working. i have two short metal sticks that fly to the driving line, grabbing the bike by its mud guards. sticks are loosely held in place while the entire rig is being lifted on a see saw.
then, when the rig is high enough, some track floats into position underneath the bike.

however, here comes the problem. the only way i've found to get rid of the sticks again is to smack them ou of the way. this makes the entire rig sway alot, sometimes causing the rider to crash. also, occasionally, the entire rig, and track beneath it sort of explode and fall to the ground

if anyone can find a more subtle way of removing the sticks than hitting them with a hammer, i'd be most greatful

rlmergeuser
01-23-2010, 03:50 AM
Perhaps wooden boards that trap the front wheel below the mud guard and behind the frame.

rlmergeuser
01-23-2010, 12:41 PM
had a second crack at it, and it looks like i was just using too many pistons. the only problem i have now is the whole thing is a bit wobbly because too many pistons push the room complexity way up

rlmergeuser
01-23-2010, 01:49 PM
An more easy way to sort the phoenix out is to made a big jump, the scorpion can jump further as the phoenix for exampel.

rlmergeuser
01-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I've found that with the trialsHD editor if there is a will there is a way. First of all, will this bike selector force the player to submit to its bidding or will the rider be willing to stop and position himself correctly to be picked up? Second of all, exactly which kind of bikes will be picked up and which will not. If you can answer those questions I could give a much better reply.

rlmergeuser
01-23-2010, 05:42 PM
nice idea to seperate out the scorpion. might just have to put that at the very start, so my mud guard lifting contraption can seperate the rest of the bikes.

@smokin:
i'm quite happy for the rider to position himself wherever he needs to go, and the bikes that need to be picked up are the first two (80 and 125 cc i believe)

if you could find some way to stop the scorpion going the route of the lesser bikes as well, that would be awesome

rlmergeuser
01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
*update*
main detail in the OP.

basically, if you could help make it reliable that would be awesome.

to see my rig, just send me a FR (i dont have equipment to record my gameplay)

rlmergeuser
01-26-2010, 02:41 PM
This could be difficult to make. Let me see what I can come up with and I'll post back.

rlmergeuser
01-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok, so I did a fair amount of testing, and I deemed it impossible to lift a bike up by the fenders. That is, by the rear fender and the front fender using two objects to slide between the wheel and fender. When the objects go to lift up, the front fender simply folds away not resisting the lifting objects. I do know however if you put the front object that lifts bike up between the engine and the forks it will lift the bike, but by that point it was getting rediculous to make the contraption.

rlmergeuser
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
^^
dont know if you've seen the updated OP, but i've made the contraption, but i just need to find a way of removing two metal sticks from my rig thats a little more gentle than hitting it with a hammer.

if you want, send me a FR so you can download my track and see the rig (my GT is Reaper 392, just as on the forums, but with a space)

rlmergeuser
01-28-2010, 10:10 PM
What about the Width's of the bikes? A lot of tracks have those two bars that hold tracks on their sides. Have you experimented with that?

rlmergeuser
01-29-2010, 04:33 PM
as much as i'd love to do that, the reason i was trying to lift the bike up by its mud guards is because the phoenix didnt have any.

also, i've changed the title of the thread because i now have the rig, but just cant get the metal poles out without the bike blowing up 1/3 of the time

rlmergeuser
01-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Could you not just turn the pole physics on so that they fall harmlessly onto the plate beneath the rider?

That way he could just ride over them.

If this isn't possible due to them being glued to the rig that lifts you in the first place.....

Try making them wood instead and just exploding the wood when you reach the top?

rlmergeuser
01-30-2010, 12:21 PM
for some reason i couldnt break the wooden supports holding the bars to the rig. i tried using plywood, but that broke when the rig was being lifted