PDA

View Full Version : What View is best?

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi,

This question is to people who fly the 109 and are good in bnZ. What view are you using when diving on a target? Zoom view, Normal or Far View?
I have a problem that a only see a black spec on my screen and by the time its at 30 meters it gets a shape but then its too late for me to snapshoot it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I tried using zoom view but then u cant see the big picture and cant place ur scope on the right place.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi,

This question is to people who fly the 109 and are good in bnZ. What view are you using when diving on a target? Zoom view, Normal or Far View?
I have a problem that a only see a black spec on my screen and by the time its at 30 meters it gets a shape but then its too late for me to snapshoot it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
I tried using zoom view but then u cant see the big picture and cant place ur scope on the right place.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 10:08 PM
http://www.r-syn.com/images/screenshots/il2/tracks/

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 10:09 PM
Skyhawk44 wrote:

- This question is to people who fly the 109 and are
- good in bnZ. What view are you using when diving on
- a target? Zoom view, Normal or Far View?
- I have a problem that a only see a black spec on my
- screen and by the time its at 30 meters it gets a
- shape but then its too late for me to snapshoot it
- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
- I tried using zoom view but then u cant see the big
- picture and cant place ur scope on the right place.

I think you have some video problems. With normal view, you should see a shaped plane when it is at about 1 km, at least. Which video card you have? At which resolution do you play? You should not go less than 1024x768.

http://www.goblins.net/immagini/Logo/tdglogo_eng.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Im using a GeForce2 MX400 and play in 1024 with 32bits, i dont have a stencil buffer on..

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 09:55 AM
You can use "Increase FOV" and "Decrease FOV" to get a zoom level somewhere in between gunsight view and normal view. That should give you a good enough zoom without completely compromising your situational awareness.
IIRC, these keys aren't assigned by default, so you'd have to assign them first.