PDA

View Full Version : Technical Courses series by snowflake66

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Haven't been hooked on a game in a very long time, this is pure fun, scratch that, its an addicition ahah ! Decided to create a small topic regarding my Technical Series courses. Ranges from Medium to Extreme but don't expect big explosions or crazy fast tracks. They specialize in using basic to advance technique by testing your skills and , if a proper term, "balance" . If you want to try them, feel free to add me within your friends.

GT = snowflake66

Currently available :

5 target - Easy. Can you find the 5 targets within the course ?
Technical Course 01 - Hard
Technical Course 02 - Extreme
Technical Course 03 - Medium
Technical Course 04 - Unknown difficulty level. Track unfinished. Scenario: Course setup on top of a container ship. Start in front and slowly making your way back to finish in the motor room. Would of been an expert track. I would love for someone to recreate something like it and to complete it. If you do, please let me know.

Currently Building :
none

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 03:22 AM
I'd like to check em out, sending you an invite now. Gamertag is Allforce

L0RDMelchett
09-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi there,

Had a quick play on your 3 technical courses last night and I have to say that they are really good traacks. Exactly my type of course - Hard or Extreme level obstacles requiring good technique to master. It's not about the atmospherics or the lighting or the clever camera angles with your tracks. Purely and simply it is about the rider's line and the tough path you have to follow. A couple of things though. Firstly, I don't think you add enough Checkpoints. Personally, I like to put one immediately after something tough as there's nothing more frustrating than having to redo an obstacle that took you ages to finally get over because you crashed on the next obstacle and there was no checkpoint between them. Take a look at the official Hard and Extreme levels within the game and you'll see a large number of checkpoints along the way including mid-obstacle on some of the tougher ones. It doesn't make any particular hop, jump or climb easier by adding Checkpoints but it does encourage fluidity of play and make for faster times which is what makes people replay levels time and again. Secondly, are you sure Technical Course 3 is only a Medium? I'd say definitely a Hard course, personally!

Anyway, all in all, I loved them and can't wait to see your Technical Course 4. So far Technical Course 2, the Extreme one, is my favourite. First go at that one was 05:14mins and 61 faults.

Great stuff!!!

L0RD Melchett

rlmergeuser
09-03-2009, 07:10 PM
These tracks sound good, i like technical tracks. Im going to add you in a minute when i get on my xbox.
My gamer tag is there V

rlmergeuser
09-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Added you http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
09-17-2009, 02:40 AM
The 4th one is there to try, but it's not even close to what I had in mind ! The finish line is not installed. I wanted to created a course on top of a container ship. You would start at the front and slowly make your way to the back, in this scenario, the finish would of been in the motor room, like in the actual version but longer with hard/extreme challenges. I had lots of ideas, but can't proceed to the completion of this track due to my personal projects revolving around websites. If you could grab my idea and make something challenging out of it, please let me know, I'd love to see what you came up with...

I will not create tracks in the near future but will leave my current technical courses available for you to grab. I'm having more fun playing users created tracks. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Playe course 1 this morning. Very cool, I love the bit where you drop down and bounce off the tractor tire onto the incline. I think you and I come from the same school of thought when it comes to tracks. I'm looking forward to trying the rest when I get a chance.

rlmergeuser
09-23-2009, 08:50 PM
Hope you change your mind about not making any more courses. your tracks provided me with some of the most challenging obstacles i've encountered . I still have not defeated the oil rig, Course 4. These tracks will get you gaming for real.

rlmergeuser
09-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the comments.
SKUMBAG: Sorry for not replying on XBOX live, When I play I just relax and I'm not the chat type on game consoles. About the 4th course, I didn't add a finish line. If ever get more time, I might improve it and finish it!

Thanks, have fun.