PDA

View Full Version : Grypheon Steele's Tracks

rlmergeuser
08-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Send me a friends request ( Grypheon Steele ) with a brief message that says - Trials Maps request - if you would like to try them out.

Current Maps Available:

INFERNO - "Yeah I know, there is already one called Inferno in the game. I swear it was coincidental"

Maps Coming Soon:

INDIANA JONES

* Please leave feedback here.

rlmergeuser
08-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I just renamed my original track INFERNO. It is now called BACKDRAFT to avoid confusion with the two maps Inferno and Inferno 2 that are already in the game. If you downloaded the original, delete it and get the final version BACKDRAFT.

I released my second MAP last night. It is called INDIANA JONES. Feel free to send me a request and check them out. I included my signature (GS) on all maps.

My Current Maps:

BACKDRAFT - GS
INDIANA JONES - GS

rlmergeuser
08-21-2009, 04:20 PM
UPDATE:

I just fixed a few issues with INDIANA JONES

- Fixed some enviornmental elements.
- Tweaked how railroad track explodes. No longer catches wheel of bike. No longer hangs on scaffold, impeading way.

If you downloaded it already. Delete it and get the updated version.

HAVE FUN!

rlmergeuser
08-22-2009, 04:58 AM
UPDATE #2:

If you already downloaded INDIANA JONES please delete it and upload it again for the latest version.

- I added some neat features.
- I also added a better, deserving, INDY finish.

Again...thanks for all the nice comments about my maps. My friends list is filling up quick. If I need to delete you from my list, it is not because I don't like you. I will send you a message before hand so that you can download any new maps I make first.

Thank you RedLynx for making such a sweet, and addictive game.

QcChopper
08-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I like Backdraft, it's a keeper but man that Indiana Jones track is fun and what you'd expect from the name of the track but in a good way.

rlmergeuser
08-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Just played Indiana Jones and WOW. Amazing stuff, you keept i smile on my face the whole way throu.

RedLynxANBA
08-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Yep i have to give also kudos for Indiana jones map! Liked the theme and it just but smile in your face. Guys test it and give feedback to creator! Loved it!

rlmergeuser
08-22-2009, 06:02 PM
I really like the indiana jones track. One question though, how do I get over the "loose" bridge? The one with the turtle sign. It collapses and I ram into the last part of it.

Edit: LOL after writing the word turtle I thought about crossing the bridge slowly. Worked http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif
Edit2: Just finished the track. One word: awesome.

I hope you come up with some more movie themed tracks.

hanselel

rlmergeuser
08-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for all the kind remarks. It is an addictive game, and the editor only makes it better. I need to take a break from the user maps, just so I can go back and finish some of the advanced maps from the game. I am not a good technical rider, so some of them are extremely difficult.

Kudos to RedLynx for putting out a quality product on xbox live. It was one of the greatest purchases I ever made using my microsoft points...well er - besides that cool lightsaber...and maybe those pom poms! Well worth the $15.00 in my opinion...better then some, so called, full priced games available. The physics are sick, and it supports amazing graphics to boot.

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Hey everyone...I just wanted to post a video link to my INDIANA JONES map. Thanks to everyone that gave it a try and sent me feedback. Also thanks the Bubba Jim for making the video for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGVtWQeGII0

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 03:03 AM
Your friends list is full. I'd love to try out your tracks. Add me my gamertag is (C Hartung)

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Yeah I'd like to add you as well to grab your tracks and check them out, then I can remove you to make room for others to have a look.

Gamertag: Allforce

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Hey mate - i just tried to add you but not sure if the request came through.

If not, add petev1000 to your list!

I'd love to check out the maps.

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 07:15 AM
I added you guys to the list. Feel free to download the maps. I am my friends limit and will need to start deleting some names. When I put out a new map I will let you know on this and the xbox forums. Please don't take it personally.

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey Grypheon! Heard you were on these forums. I'm going to have to try and promote my track here too, lol.

Great job on the Indy track! Definitely tops in my list! When I get back on tomorrow I'll try and share my track over here too. Would be great to get some feedback from a few other spots as well. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

(btw kudos to the developers - greaaaat game!)

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Thanks PANDaRUS! I can't wait for my kids and wife to get off the XBOX, I think they are watching a movie...I want to try out your new map...and I have started work on another map (no, it isn't Spongebob!) and can't wait to work on it. I have worked out some cool stuff, and am trying to utilize some of the editor objects in new ways...at least I have not seen anything like it so far. More epic then technical...reminds me of a Disney ride experience!

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 05:14 PM
LOL I know what you mean about the Disney ride stuff haha. I'm still waiting on the internet to be back up at my place and when it is - I'll upload that new map. Hopefully by no later than tonight. *fingers crossed*

(sorry I hijacked your thread a bit there!)

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
No problem. More exposure!

rlmergeuser
08-29-2009, 08:24 PM
UPDATE:

I have seen several posts regarding the Nazi swastika in the middle of the Indiana Jones map. Sorry in advance if anyone was offended by this... it was put in to go with the theme of the map. That is supposed to represent the german's underground storage facility - if you have ever seen an Indiana Jones movie, you would see that symbol throughout the series...especially the first two - afterall the Germans were his archrivals. It, in no way, implies anything else. Just a thematic image!

rlmergeuser
08-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice tracks! I have Backdraft and Indiana Jones. both Keepers. Backdraft is great for etting times and the indy one is great for when my mates wanna play and they cant hack the harder tracks. I'll stay tuned for any new tracks.

rlmergeuser
08-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey man add me when you can I'd love to try your tracks. I got three of my own.

rlmergeuser
09-01-2009, 05:39 AM
UPDATE:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just released my third track - PIRATE COVE.

If you are on my friends list - enjoy the map and if you have time, let me know what you think.

If you want to try out my maps, please send a friends request and I will try to respond as soon as possible. Please be patient. My list is full and I am constantly trying to clear it out to allow everyone to download.

Current maps available:

GS - BACKDRAFT
GS - INDIANA JONES
GS - PIRATE COVE

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I really appreciate it. I will probably be taking a break from the editor for awhile...as I type this I am thinking of some new ideas...but I am neglecting some of my other games with this addiction. I haven't even finished Fallout 3 yet, and I have purchased every content pack to date...Oblivion is still unfinished business, and I don't even think I started the Knights of the Nine content nor the Shivering Isles pack.

Have fun and Happy Gaming!

John

QcChopper
09-01-2009, 07:14 AM
Awesome map Grypheon, this is the kind of map that everybody can enjoy, unlike mine... I can't wait to show it to my friends who all loved Indiana Jones BTW. You are definitely one of the best creators around and this is one of the best tracks I've seen so far, keep it up!

rlmergeuser
09-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Your Indiana Jones map is probably the coolest map I've played. The design was genius. I also love your other two. Pirate Cove was almost just as good as Indiana Jones. I definitely look forward to future maps.

rlmergeuser
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Pirates Cove is amazing Grypheon! (you already know this from our chat last night on LIVE but I just had to state it publically lol)

You've definitely raised the bar yet again - somebody give this man a job! Haha.

Great work - you're definitely an inspiration when it comes to making my maps. If you haven't played this map - I suggest you do right away people - it's simply amazing! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

akmiles
09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Very impressive Grypheon, another solid track from start to finish! I am always amazed with your ability to make the theme of your course really come alive throughout the level.

Like your first two entries, this track has an excellent mood and feel to it from start to finish. How you managed to work a pirate ship with fully functioning cannons into this map is beyond me http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif Nice work with the ship's anchor too, very well done.

I only had a chance to give it a quick run through before bed last night, can't wait to spend a little more time with it this evening.

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 01:13 AM
...again, thank you! I really appreciate the kind remarks.

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 01:58 AM
really enjoyed. i liked the ship shooting cannons http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif was very good imagination http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

L0RDMelchett
09-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Hi there,

Just given Pirate Cave a test ride and I have to say this is probably the most imaginative and best looking course I've seen yet. Truly outstanding visuals and atmosphere. Your other two courses are also great but this really is up on another level in my opinion. Also, your use of the Physics tool to create firing cannons, swinging signs, falling anchors etc is superb, puts my feeble efforts at creating something simple like a see-saw to complete shame!

My only criticism is that it is rather easy to ride. There's so much going on that is absolutely beautiful to watch that the rider line and obstacles seem almost secondary. I understand you can't cater to all levels of expertise, what's easy for some is a challenge for someone else and impossible for the next person but personally, I'd love to see you work something with the visual delights of Pirate Cave into a course that is as challenging as the Hard or Extreme levels within the game.

I eagerly await for future creations as, difficulty aside, they are truly impressive courses. Fantastic!

L0RD Melchett

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 02:49 AM
firing cannons, swinging signs, falling anchors

YESS!! anchor was awesome, along with the fish in the background http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Redlynx_Shogun
09-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Love your maps, dude. Indiana Jones was great and Pirates Cove was off the chain, love the boat and underwater sequences, nearly **** myself when there was a pirate ship that started shooting at me. Great attention to detail. Bravo.

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks!

LORD Melchett - I may do just that...not being a technical rider myself, it is hard for me to put obstacles in that I myself could not handle...I get frustrated to quickly in that regards. I have a backround in art and design, so the the track layouts and mood come easy for me...putting in the technical challenges and obstacles, however, are always second fiddle. Sometimes the maps have so much detail, I hit the object limit, and then struggle to lay down the tricks and obstacles...I would say that my maps are more like a Disney themed ride that you play through...I do however, try to test and retest every map so that getting the medals is both realistic and challenging. I only wish the limit what greater as my ideas always exceed the editor capabilities.

It would be nice if you could share the responsabilities of building a track cooperatively...I could lay down the frame work for the atmosphere and mood, while someone with the technical skills could overlay the map with challenging obstacles and technical puzzles.

rlmergeuser
09-03-2009, 08:05 PM
I totally understand where you're coming from Grypheon. When I lay out my tracks - I find it difficult to create a map that's for a level of expertise beyond what I myself can pass. It's difficult to put in an obstacle if you have no way of knowing if it can realistically be passed or not by others when it exceeds your skill.

I try to challenge myself though and will occassionally toss in a few areas that I think can realistically be passed with practice. Sometimes I end up having to practice on my own tracks to see if I can even pass what I just laid out lol. If I pass it, then I don't care if I fail the next fifty times, I know it's passable and I move forward lol.

If you want - we're already on one anothers friends list - we could bounce tracks off one another to test. (you'd probably have to toss it up quietly then remove it quickly once it's downloaded, since theres no private way to share - but I'd be more than happy to help in that sense.)

Can't wait to see what you dream up next. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

rlmergeuser
09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Great tracks, love the themes and scenery... Pirate Cave surprised me with all the awesome scenery and objects, even though I've learned how to use the editor pretty well myself already! I agree with L0RDMelchett that a few more technical objects would make the tracks more interesting, but I see the problem with the object limit... I'm having problems with it myself as my last two tracks both hit the limit. I dont understand why my technical time trial track Midtech hit the object limit so fast, its not too long and doesnt have nearly as much scenery as the default tracks. I was going to make it look as good as the default tracks as the track is my best so far and people have liked it.

Can't wait to see what kind of ingenious obstacles I will face in your next track!

rlmergeuser
09-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I may take you up on that PANDuRUS...but as I said before, I need a small break from the editor, in order to finish some other games in my collection.

As for the editor Z...from reading here about the object limit...You should understand that, say, a map could have 1000 objects, some objects are weighted differently. Lights may equal 5 objects, physic objects may equal 3 objects. Glass and explosions could equal 2 objects. So, a map using just ramps and basic objects could have a longer run then a map with large fire pits, watefalls, and lighting...uh, like PAND's.

rlmergeuser
09-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Grypheon, your tracks are great! I played through Indian Jones a couple of times last night and the work you put in was amazing. Really nice work!

rlmergeuser
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Pirate cove is definately your finest, loads of cool detail and getting shot at is fun=). As captain jack sparrow once said, 'its amazing how often madness and brilliance coincide'

rlmergeuser
10-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I just cleared some room on my friends list...if I removed you, please don't take it personal. If you would like to be added, please feel free to send me a request. Thanks again to everyone who has tried my tracks and have left feedback. It makes the time spent on them worth it.

I should be putting out another map shortly. Still trying to drum up something different...that hasn't already been done. Perhaps something a bit more technical?

rlmergeuser
10-02-2009, 04:53 PM
I'll send you a fr request today, Indy is awesome! it's funny, this is like the 4th indiana jones board I've seen, and so far they are all great!

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Pirates Cove and Indianna Jones Tracks are BRILLIANT.

You have one GREAT imagination!

I understood the Nazi swastika, I liked the lighting and the feel of the track.

Pirates Cove, though at times seems like there are few obstacles, you just have to take into account the ammount of effort you put into making stuff. Like the saloon, the ship or even the fricking anchor.

I really enjoyed your maps, keep up the good work!!!!

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Loved watching the Indy track on youtube and would love to try your maps for real. Hope you don't mind but I have dropped you an FR.

GT: DaveonMako

rlmergeuser
12-08-2009, 01:31 PM
thx