PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 11:14 PM
anyone got suggestions yo mae this well cooler ?

i have 3

1.make it so you can have more than 100 saved tracks
2.make a total time playing the game
3.maybe multiplayer like with 2 spawn points next to eachother and to two corses for each player

Edit Thanks For Sticky Redlynx

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 12:03 AM
These suggestion threads keep popping up. We really need a STICKY thread for this stat before theres too many.....come on MODS! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 01:07 AM
Multiplayer.... easy, keep a full screen as is, just put a visible ghost bike of the person you are versing. PLEASE!

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Votes For Sticky

woop just done inferno II in 206 faults
(thinks i can improve)

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Votes For Sticky

Yay! Sticky votes!

EDIT:Thank for the sticky "guys" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 01:47 PM
One thing...

Track Record Time for user created tracks

I understand that leaderboards for user tracks would be a ton of unnecessary clutter on your servers but without providing a way to see which of your friends is currently "winning" on a custom track you've eliminated any sort of competitive play on user tracks. So, perhaps this is easily implementable. Nothing fancy, just when you're loading a up a user track it can state the fastest time for the track (in it's current build/revision) and the gametag of the person who is credited for getting the record. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

This one feature will take this game from 'absolutely outstanding' to 'a must have title for every Xbox gamer'.

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Multiplayer.... easy, keep a full screen as is, just put a visible ghost bike of the person you are versing. PLEASE!

I knew I was going to find at least one of these in here.. but think about it. It's impossible. What happens when one rider gets ahead? Or when one rider has to restart at a checkpoint. It's impossible on one screen. Unless if you're talking about over Live and in that case, think about all of the effects that are triggered when a rider passes a determined point. What if I go over a bridge that crumbles making it impossible for you, in the number 2 position, to finish the race.

If anything, maybe sharing a ghost replay with your friends would be a valuable feature. Then it'd be like you were racing them. But the ghost would have to be free floating, not bound to following the track, just a mere hazy figure showing your friends' horizontal/vertical track position and they're bike orientation.

It'd have to look good though! This game is gorgeous in every way and I'd hate for some stick figure ghost to cheapen the whole thing. Beautiful work!

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 02:07 PM
Better Sorting users levels. I have 30 user tracks downloaded theres maybe 40 available to me. There really needs to be a patch/update to make sorting the creators, what u have downloaded, what u have deleted before, and on the play section theres no creator names. So if i like some level and want to give the guy feedback i have to go back to "get" and search the whole list for one level! Plus if you choose a creator then look at their tracks, when you exit, the selection is NOT on the last name you selected. It always goes back to the top. I can tell with more friends/tracks pouring in its gonna be a real hassle....Any thoughts guys? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

EDIT: Also sorting by name, or date, or difficulty

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 02:37 PM
definitely agree with sorting by track creators name

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 03:44 PM
yeah being able to sort by any of those groups, really (track name, style, difficulty, etc). and make a header for creator.

while youre at it, as long as you can see who created the tracks in the list of downloaded tracks, make it so everyone can share any tracks they've downloaded. that way everyone will be credited, thier tracks get spread around much faster, and also, you can see who made good ones and add look for certain creators.

another thing is that there should be some way to (at least have the option to) save replays for user built levels, that way if i build a level, i can give it to a friend, then he can send me his replay of him beating it.

i realize all the complications that come up when thinking about making a full global sharing system like little big planet has, but as bad as this game needs it (it really would make this a legendary must have game) the ability to freely share anyones levels is a giant step in the right direction, for minimal work

can we get some feeback from developers saying that they're working on some kind of fix for the sharing situation? i really love this game and want to see it blow up, but its really getting held back as it is now

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Suggestion: Bring back the "Direct" camera http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Crash replays plz http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Ooo and Tassels for the Handle Bars! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 09:40 PM
Make Restart Level button a double tap! I hit that by accident all the time! Its not funny during extreme levels...... http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Ooo and Tassels for the Handle Bars! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

I totally agree, it'll go great with my complete pink look http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

On a serious note though I'd love to see the ability to sort through your downloaded tracks and be able to download more tracks!

Also why does everyone say multiplayer?? Some games just don't need multiplayer!

rlmergeuser
08-15-2009, 11:20 PM
As said before it won't be an Multiplayer probably.

rlmergeuser
08-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Global Sharing of Tracks

[list:3uxhil3j]
[*:3uxhil3j]Allow users to rate each track after playing[/*:m:3uxhil3j]
[*:3uxhil3j]Sorting by author, difficulty, track name, track type, and/or rating[/*:m:3uxhil3j]
[*:3uxhil3j]Leaderboards for custom tracks. If needed, a player limit of only the top 1000 players are shown[/*:m:3uxhil3j]
[*:3uxhil3j]Replays on leaderboards for custom tracks. If needed, a limit of only the top 50 players have replays[/*:m:3uxhil3j][/list:u:3uxhil3j]

Other

[list:3uxhil3j]
[*:3uxhil3j]Allow users to use a replay on the leaderboards as a "ghost"[/*:m:3uxhil3j]
[*:3uxhil3j]Option to skip to next checkpoint for a time penalty and/or faults[/*:m:3uxhil3j][/list:u:3uxhil3j]

QcChopper
08-16-2009, 05:16 AM
Better Sorting users levels. I have 30 user tracks downloaded theres maybe 40 available to me. There really needs to be a patch/update to make sorting the creators, what u have downloaded, what u have deleted before, and on the play section theres no creator names. So if i like some level and want to give the guy feedback i have to go back to "get" and search the whole list for one level! Plus if you choose a creator then look at their tracks, when you exit, the selection is NOT on the last name you selected. It always goes back to the top. I can tell with more friends/tracks pouring in its gonna be a real hassle....Any thoughts guys? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

EDIT: Also sorting by name, or date, or difficulty

You are dead-on, I agree 100%

rlmergeuser
08-16-2009, 09:01 AM
I would like to see multiplayer. It could be done with more standard motocross style tracks, made multiple lanes wide (still no side to side steering). So it would be like excitebike on rails. The graphics would have to be a bit simpler (wouldn't need as many particles probably, so some resources could be saved there).

I would love to have local multiplayer, but that could present problems if you get seperation (someone crashes for example). The camera would have to zoom out and I'm thinking that would require more rendering power (more objects in view).

I would be happy with online MP only though. Each person gets their own camera that follows them.

Oh well, guess I should just get Excitebike 64 or something. Looking forward to MX vs ATV Reflex later this year.

rlmergeuser
08-17-2009, 05:37 AM

How awesome would it be if Trials HD offered a dented bike helmet that was on fire for your XBox Live Avatar to wear? The helmet could be an unlockable linked to one of the more difficult achievements in the game. Such a cool reward would be a very big incentive to actually get the achievement.

I think any props/gear from Trials HD would be hugely successful. It would be great if they were all linked to achievements and thus free, but paid props/gear would be good as well. Some other ideas for props/gear:

- Dented flaming helmet (mentioned above)
- Broken off bike handle bars for your avatar to hold
- A flaming bike wheel that just rolls in circles around the avatar
- An RC Trials bike, similar to the Halo RC car
- The full riding outfit from the game

If it's not possible to integrate the new avatar features into the current game, maybe this could be worked into the first DLC.

rlmergeuser
08-17-2009, 07:03 AM
To: RedLynxGame

From what little I have read there is an imposed limit on user created content. But I am not going to discuss this here. In the mean time we need to work around this unfortunate problem.

The first one could be to send a friend request to the author of the track, get the track and then erase the him to make room for other people.

The second solution would need a patch from RedLynxGame. This patch would first tie the Gamertag of the author to the track. Second, it would allow us to share this tracks with people from our friends list. This way we can pass along tracks from other users without thousands of people trying to get a friend request from one user. It will spread the user created tracks much faster to the Trials HD community.

I believe this can be implemented as an obligatory patch like some other XboxLive Arcade games have done to fix or add features. What do you think?

cheers!

rlmergeuser
08-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I can't believe that you guys are talking about sorting!! Doesn't anyone else feel it's a major weakness of the game that it doesn't record your friends best times on a custom track?!? Even odder, it doesn't record your time on your own track. Yet it records a replay of me playing my own track, so if I want to know how long it took me I have to rewatch the replay??!?! COME ON! This is so sad, because the game is so close to perfect. But this is so much of a nuisance it's not even funny.

Please respond if you agree/disagree..

All I'm asking for is the Current Track Record to be pushed to the server (the same server that's hosting the track). If you want to take it one step further, let's have the top 5 for each track. Without this feature, it's basically pointless to make tracks for your friends.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't believe that you guys are talking about sorting!! Doesn't anyone else feel it's a major weakness of the game that it doesn't record your friends best times on a custom track?!? Even odder, it doesn't record your time on your own track. Yet it records a replay of me playing my own track, so if I want to know how long it took me I have to rewatch the replay??!?! COME ON! This is so sad, because the game is so close to perfect. But this is so much of a nuisance it's not even funny.

Please respond if you agree/disagree..

All I'm asking for is the Current Track Record to be pushed to the server (the same server that's hosting the track). If you want to take it one step further, let's have the top 5 for each track. Without this feature, it's basically pointless to make tracks for your friends.

I know exactly what you mean but you have to think of it this way; if Redlynx put leaderboards for the top 5 players on each individual track and each person that brought the game (around 100,000 people) created a track then that would mean 500,000 different replays will need to be stored on Microsoft's server!

When Redlynx next makes a Trials game for PC then I think they will be able to do that because they actually have control of their own server and not have to run through Microsoft each time.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 11:40 AM
How about in game Avatar support? I think it would be hilarious! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif Maybe just the head?

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I have two suggestions so far, and they are.................

1.have some kind of practice mode, where you can just practice a specific part of a course, that would help people to get better at a part thats always bugging them.

And 2. MOVE THE RESET BUTTON SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!! lol i dunno about you guys, but the amount of times ive been doing well on a track, only to press the back button instead of B!!! arggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Definetley needs access to tracks without having to have a friend on your list, the checkpoint penalty seems like a good idea, if nothing else it will let you practice a part of the track over & over without having to get half way through, using 20 minutes, that could just be me though,(or let us practice 1 bit to out hearts content, damn you box of doom on goin up!!!!). Also time tracking on customs would be good.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 01:46 PM
I know exactly what you mean but you have to think of it this way; if Redlynx put leaderboards for the top 5 players on each individual track and each person that brought the game (around 100,000 people) created a track then that would mean 500,000 different replays will need to be stored on Microsoft's server!

When Redlynx next makes a Trials game for PC then I think they will be able to do that because they actually have control of their own server and not have to run through Microsoft each time.

No, I think you misunderstood me... I'm wishing for a way to check your friends' times on your custom track. So we're only talking a few bytes of data for 5 gamertags and 5 times. This way I can make a track and my friends and I can all compete to get the best time. (Basically, extending the experience they gave us in the built-in tracks.) The only other thing they'd need to do is make it so editing the track will erase all current times. (That way there isn't any discrepancy about what track version a friend's time is from.)

The only reason I mentioned replays was because I think it's beyond bizarre that it doesn't do this out of the box, yet it saves a replay of me playing my own track. Even weirder, it doesn't even show me on the track select or bike select screen what my current best time is on my track!! I have to let the replay play out to see my final time. Unless it is there somewhere and I'm missing it. If so, please let me know.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I just checked the other forum "The official feature list of Trials HD" and sure enough it doesn't mention any sort of small friends leaderboard for custom tracks.. Absolutely crazy.. They were nice enough to give us the option to set Gold, Silver, Bronze medal points for the custom tracks and yet you cannot see what people are earning on your track!

An additional thought: How about having the tournament times leaderboard reset every month. That way they can be treated as events in a competition or something. I mean, eventually it will get to the point where you cannot possibly go any faster than the top place person. There is a finite limit to the best time of each track. This way the game remains fresh for the players and good players who are in the top 10 will have to recreate their awesome runs to regain their position.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 03:55 PM

No, I think you misunderstood me... I'm wishing for a way to check your friends' times on your custom track. So we're only talking a few bytes of data for 5 gamertags and 5 times. This way I can make a track and my friends and I can all compete to get the best time. (Basically, extending the experience they gave us in the built-in tracks.) The only other thing they'd need to do is make it so editing the track will erase all current times. (That way there isn't any discrepancy about what track version a friend's time is from.)

The only reason I mentioned replays was because I think it's beyond bizarre that it doesn't do this out of the box, yet it saves a replay of me playing my own track. Even weirder, it doesn't even show me on the track select or bike select screen what my current best time is on my track!! I have to let the replay play out to see my final time. Unless it is there somewhere and I'm missing it. If so, please let me know.

Ahhh.. I get you know http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif Yes that would be a good idea because I want to know how I rank on certain peoples tracks!

We just have to wait and see what happens http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
08-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Let water put out fires! i noticed that you cant make a track, make ur rider on fire and drive him under falling water to be put out. should be an easy code fix no?

rlmergeuser
08-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Let water put out fires! i noticed that you cant make a track, make ur rider on fire and drive him under falling water to be put out. should be an easy code fix no?

Yeah I actually assumed this would work myself and when it wasn't I thought I was just placing it poorly. Then I saw in the parts list that the fire actually has a function description on the bottom while the water does not. But I agree!! This would give track designers the ability to have to racer hurry through certain sections and then can ride at their leisure after being doused. (Plus, it would only make sense.)

rlmergeuser
08-20-2009, 03:17 PM
When you are trying a level and you start to hit 200+ fails could you have a way of 'swapping' back and forth to a replay of that area being done, simple to say but hard to execute no doubt, a bit like the extreme tracks...

Also can the replays have a bookmark/rewind functions and a slow mo, so you can watch those tricky areas again and again.

lu3mm3l
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi there, this would be my first posting here. I collected some enhancements that would make this great game a bit greater. Some of those were already written, I hope you look into those when working on a DLC. Would be nice if the threadopener would get every idea together in his first posting here to get a complete list of ideas. Some kind of a wishlist for DLC and/or Trials HD 2 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

Driver Customization
- More areas to change the color
- Maybe a bunch of black'n'white symbols to use on your shirt & helmet like in halo

Track Sharing
- Include the gamertag in the file and show it in a separate row on the screen. Gives us more characters to name our maps because we don't have to include our name
- Include a revision in the file and show it also in a separate row. Now we can see if the level was altered and how many times it was renewed.
- Leaderboard for user created tracks.
- A flag to set that my track is free to redistribute. So another user can share this track with his friends who don't have added me.
- Kill the 100 track limit and give us the chance to store as many maps as we can on our HDD.
- Global rating of user created tracks
- Commenting a track would be nice but I guess thats beyond a DLC

Track Editor
- Water extinguishes a driver on fire http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif
- "Liquid Room" for decoration. Just a room full of water, green hazard or lava
- "Change Wall" option to directly choose a texture (from the included) for the selected wall
- Ropes! Using them from point to point to hold things up (bridge?). Selectable strength (solid, swinging, breakable) and maybe a variety of materials (a drivable chain anyone?).
- While copying or setting a new object it would be nice to have a button to snap to the nearest object. Aligning small objects or traintracks can be a pain in the ***.

Replays
- Save my own replays to disk
- Share my best replays with friends
- Commenting a replay with a headset http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

General Game Improvements
Well, I'm pretty happy with everything. The only thing I can think of would be:
- More Tracks http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif
- Multiplayer (as in splitscreen racing) would be really nice but I guess thats way beyond downloadable content. Maybe a hotseat mode would be possible? Would be fun to play 5 rounds with 1-3 friends. So we can determine who can jump the longest distance http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif Would work at least for the fun stuff. There could be a "hot seat olympia" like: breaking bones, longest jump & highest ride. For the normal game you could make a mode called "No faults" where the first player selects a level and gets to ride it until he falls. The second player has now the chance to get further then the first one to win the round. To be fair it would be better to select 1-10 tracks random (depending on how many rounds are selected).

I'm pretty sure I forgot some things I thought of but that's a start. I hope RedLynx will look into the forums while designing and DLC.

rlmergeuser
08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
1) Play user created tracks without having them as your friend.
2) Rate user created tracks out of 5
3) Sort user created tracks by difficulty, name, etc.
4) Store times against user created tracks, once the track is edited/removed, the times are removed
5) Undo feature in the editor (only 1 level of undo should be sufficient)
6) More preset objects to place in the editor
7) Remove the 100 track limit
8 ) Water to put out fire

What you have with this game is a very short game that is easily completed within a few hours. The only thing that will make this game last is the user content (the only reason I purchased this) so in my opinion this should be the main concern to keep the game alive and people wanting more.

If you wanted more money in the future, for number 6 you could do a similar thing to what Little Big Planet does on the PS3 whereby you can buy additional objects to place in your levels to make them better than others. I'd quite happily pay for such a thing if it was cheap.

Please don't do the checkpoint skipping thing as mentioned earlier in this thread. When someone completes an extreme difficulty track that I have made (in the future) I want them to feel well accomplished, rather than just skipping parts they can't do and missing out. I'm sure other track creators will agree that they always make sure a section is possible before publishing it to friends, if someone can't do it then they should play an easier track rather than skipping through the hard one.

Multiplayer is not needed in this game at all, as much as I love multiplayer games it just wouldn't work well. What you've done with the markers at the top of the screen is perfectly fine. I'd rather see time invested in the above areas as I see them as much more of a priority and would make the game infinitely more enjoyable.

Obviously all of the above is in my opinion.

Thanks for a great game.

nannerdw
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM
***Please add an option for larger text. I know it's called Trials "HD", but not everyone has an HD TV. It's really difficult to see what anything says on my Standard Def TV.

Some more ideas:

Delete more than one room block at a time.

Copy glued object that takes up more than 1/2 of room complexity- For some reason, if you copy an object and the room complexity meter goes over 100% for than area, the copied object can't be placed anywhere, even far away in a big empty space.

Easier way to unglue objects

Color/Texture options

Powered hinge- Set an object to move/rotate on its own. I'm not sure if this is already possible, but I haven't found a way to do it.

Solid glue- an option to combine glued objects into one rigid piece so that each individual part doesn't have collision detection against the others when physics is applied.

Car obstacle- I'm really surprised this wasn't included already.

Water pressure- So the waterfall can act as an upward geyser.

Roll cage motorcycle- Just for fun, and not to be included in official track times. It's impossible to crash; you just roll out of any landing.

Make a line for the camera to follow- So the camera can follow you down a long, narrow hallway and not skip between multiple cameras on the way.

Show "created by:" next to user uploaded tracks.

rlmergeuser
08-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Roll cage motorcycle- Just for fun, and not to be included in official track times. It's impossible to crash; you just roll out of any landing.

YES!!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
08-21-2009, 09:47 PM
HIGHLY agree on the multiplayer, would be sooo fun to be able to race friends, bring it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
08-21-2009, 09:48 PM
anyone got suggestions yo mae this well cooler ?

i have 3

1.make it so you can have more than 100 saved tracks
2.make a total time playing the game
3.maybe multiplayer like with 2 spawn points next to eachother and to two corses for each player

Maybe, weekly records also, i hate not being able to see my records except for my best http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

QcChopper
08-22-2009, 05:51 AM
A brake that stop the bike whitout going backwards, this is probably the most annoying thing in the whole game IMO. In the real sports of Trials, braking precision is of utmost importance and brakes have to be perfect, it has to stop you on a dime, a brake that goes backwards is not a brake, so I suggest that this is the first thing to be fixed for the next Trials game, PLEASE, this is so annoying and unrealistic!

rlmergeuser
08-22-2009, 11:11 AM
A brake that stop the bike whitout going backwards, this is probably the most annoying thing in the whole game IMO. In the real sports of Trials, braking precision is of utmost importance and brakes have to be perfect, it has to stop you on a dime, a brake that goes backwards is not a brake, so I suggest that this is the first thing to be fixed for the next Trials game, PLEASE, this is so annoying and unrealistic!

100% areed. put the reverse on another button, or a dubbel tap on the breaks.

rlmergeuser
08-23-2009, 04:03 PM

100% areed. put the reverse on another button, or a dubbel tap on the breaks.

Even if I think that the game is not realistic at all, I would highly appreciate if the break really stops the bike an don't let it roll backwards. This forced me to reset to a checkpoint so often I can't even count. Trials is not necessarily a sport with constant movement but slow and precise progress.

And the other thing is, please give me the possibility to disable the "start at the beginning of the level" button. I have the feeling this buttons has only one purpose: make the game even harder on difficult levels.
It has no advantage. I'm not a leaderboard driver and so I need a lot of tries to get through the extreme levels. It happens so often that I'm at 80% of the level and than... Booom... Back to start because my finger slipped from the trigger. WTF? This is the reason why I don't want to try to finish the last two extreme levels.

So, please please please with a cherry on top. Make that the buttons adjustable!

Greets,
Thomas

rlmergeuser
08-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Inferno 1 from PC should be put in, it was alot harder than Inferno II

rlmergeuser
08-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Some more suggestions:

- Option to choose which bikes you can choose on a custom track (why isnt this already there? the extreme levels for example only allow the evo)

- Command to rotate camera exactly 90 degrees on the editor, a left-right and top-down view would be great for aligning stuff.

- Option to remove physics between objects with a link, this would be useful on for example glued together objects: you could deactivate physics between the glued objects and the object will remain solid but interact with the other objects.

- Optional saving of custom or normal tracks replays to your harddrive, this would allow people who arent in the top of the leaderboards to save replays and also allow a safe copy to be created in case someones replay gets corrupted on the leaderboards (for some reason mine and some friends Classic replays got corrupted recently, I thought the corruption happens right on upload) and of course allow people to track their custom track times and techniques easily.

- Editor bugs?: rotation hinges activate triggers, explosives dont activate triggers unless their physics are activated through another trigger, cameras are solid, etc.

rlmergeuser
08-25-2009, 01:44 AM
I posted this in the "speed run or tech run poll" thread, just wanted to post it here as well, since it will be more visible:

I liked the "Experience meter" in Trials 2 SE (only tried the demo). In Trials HD, there is no reason to do tech runs, except for fun. Can you implement the scoring system in Trials HD, along with leaderboards for tech runs? That would double the replay-ability of this game.

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Things this game needs ASAP:

Seperate button for brakes and reverse (not being able to actually stop is driving me crazy)

Seperate button for rear brakes (so you can scrub speed without pulling a stoppie every time)

Customizable button configuration (even though it doesn't happen very often, I don't like accidentally hitting restart)

The further into this game I get, the more the problems present themselves

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Things this game needs ASAP:

Seperate button for brakes and reverse (not being able to actually stop is driving me crazy)

I agree - or at least have it like Trials SE where there is a little time gap before reverse kicks in. Having it immediately start reversing is a big pain in the arse and is spoiling my enjoyment in a number of tracks.

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Sorry to post 3 times in a row, but I just had an interesting idea. How about making some switchback ramps/loop objects, or a turntable object that will allow you to change direction? Like a curved, cambered segment that flips you over as you ride through...

I think this would be interesting, as it would allow new types of levels to be created, like classic donkey kong levels, or climbing up the stairwell of a tall building.

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 10:22 AM
I also have a suggestion for the game http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

It would be awesome if you could check the leaderboards online through this website! So we can check if our friends are crushing your records while you are not able to play! So you can't wait to play again and get the best time back.

Not if it is possible, but it would be very awesome!

Edit:
It would also be fun to be able to watch your friends replays, or save your own to show/share http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 12:29 PM
A slightly different suggestion, the Trails website to include times set on tracks by your friends (linked to Xbox.com) I know they do this for COD4 etc.. and i understand this is a Live game, but i would like to know instantly when my top score gets beaten so i can re-take top position.

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Would be good as said before to have front and rear brake on top shoulder buttons and be able to still have lean on left stick and throttle/reverse on right stick.

Top ten times for custom tracks shared with friends.

Would be nice to be able to save and share ghosts rather than just the progress bar at the top off the screen.

rlmergeuser
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Here are some level editor requests.

1. "Snap to grid" option for objects
2. Option to snap ramp and plate corners to each other.
3. Multi-object saveable libraries for users. This would allow you to save that complicated moving cart so that you can call it up and paste it into a brand new level.
4. Multiple step undo and redo
5. Ropes, pulleys, motors, and springs of several strengths
6. Wall texture painting
7. Restricted object movement (move only along X, Y, or Z axis). This would be like holding ctrl-shift in Photoshop.

rlmergeuser
08-27-2009, 12:36 AM
peer 2 peer client to share user created tracks with EVERYONE

rlmergeuser
08-29-2009, 05:56 PM
for mp you could have a ghost ride along the track but not hit anything/activate triggers.
what i want s a ghost of your previous test of a custom map, so while making a ramp you can easily tell where you will land by testing it and using the ghost of that part be able to see where you would land.

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 05:43 AM
7. Restricted object movement (move only along X, Y, or Z axis). This would be like holding ctrl-shift in Photoshop.

yes absolutely agree

sebastianaalton
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Now that we have 260 000 players, I would suggest one really important feature. A feature I would really really like to see in Guitar Hero leaderboards as well. It's actually borrowed from Draw Race. A percentage count showing how good you are at the track inside the track selector:

"You are better than 95% of players"

...or...

"You are inside the top 5% of players"

This percentage display is much more telling and motivating compared to "your place is 12927 of 260 000" (exactly same top 5%). This percentage would be shown at the track selector on side of the preview image and your medals.

I always compare my leaderboard results by percentages in Guitar Hero also. Getting to the top 20% is always my goal on every song. Top 2600 in Trials HD is currently one percent of players. And the placement numbers will become even harder to understand in the future. The additional percentage score compared to all other players would help players to realize how good they really are in each track. This feature would not replace the placement numbers. The percentage would be additional info.

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 02:22 PM
WELCOME BACK SEBBBI!

ugh mine will say: "You are better than 9% of Toddlers" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

sebbbi you ARE a DEV. Why are you suggesting? Just do it! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
09-02-2009, 02:31 PM
One more thing... can we please get a warning when we've reached the maximum number of objects allowable in a map? Letting us know only when we try to save is a bit late.

sebastianaalton
09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
sebbbi you ARE a DEV. Why are you suggesting? Just do it! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif
I just got back from my honeymoon, and got a new idea before going back to work... so I quickly documented it here before forgetting it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

... and it was a feature suggestion for Guitar Hero as well... if someone of their dev team reads this forum http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

rlmergeuser
09-03-2009, 01:43 AM
sugestion: Ive heard that you cant see fire behind glass in the editor. True? Lets fix it along with water putting out fire

rlmergeuser
09-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I have a suggestion about the marathon achievement that will make everyone happy (at least somewhat) and i will quote my own post from another thread.

"Reordering the tracks would be great. I can make it through 75% of the tracks in Ultimate Endurance without faulting (except for those damn random faults you get every now and then on a bad landing or something like that). It is just that handful of levels that I fault most of the time. So if I could get those out of the way first, I would be in the clear. This requires the same amount of skill as the achievement does now the only difference is that it saves time. You dont have to keep playing for 20 min... fault on KOTH and do it all over the again. Instead... you can spend 7 min or so on the hard tracks and if you fault, just start those over again. I think is a fair change to make everyone happy.

(Some of us go to college or have jobs that dont allow us to practice 12 hours a day. So cutting down the amount of time we spend on each attempt would be crucial.)"

rlmergeuser
09-05-2009, 03:33 PM
(Some of us go to college or have jobs that dont allow us to practice 12 hours a day. So cutting down the amount of time we spend on each attempt would be crucial.)"True http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
09-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I agree with many of the posts here already, but just to back that up I'll post too.

Stuff that could be possible in an update:
1) Self-sorting of user tracks into your own custom categories - also creator info here too would be cool.
2) Server to store all user tracks open to everyone, and with recorded times (this map be a limitation for Xbox Live Arcade though?).
3) Options to tag user creations so that you can allow other users to modify, use glued models, or generally reverse engineer your tracks.

Stuff that may be good for an upcoming release:
1) Environmental effects such as wind, water (to make objects more slippery), and maybe sand or loose dirt.
2) More bike choices, and more bike customizations.
3) Gravity effects (just for fun really).

Well that's about it. The game kicks serious butt as is, but with a few tweaks it would be unstoppable!

rlmergeuser
09-06-2009, 10:05 AM
can a post or thread have more than one poll? would it be possible for someone to have a poll for each track, say a 1 to 5 rating, so people can see the best tracks that people like the most?

rlmergeuser
09-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Pretty sure only the DEVS could pull a multi-poll....

rlmergeuser
09-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I think the game could use a better tutorial....

rlmergeuser
09-08-2009, 04:58 AM
I would like to see what my "score" is on each individual track.

I've read that the scores for each track range from 0-200000 I believe? or 20000 maybe. either way, if I could see what score I have on each track, then I can see which tracks I REALLY need to work on in order to get my global ranking up.

I'm in 41st position overall right now, with lots of platinums, and a bunch of golds, but I'm not sure which tracks still need the MOST improvement(besides getting the golds to platinum of course).

and also, how does the scoring work with the skill games? I've platinum'd all of those. but do you get MORE score if you go further and further, ie, is there a multiplier?

sebastianaalton
09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm in 41st position overall right now, with lots of platinums, and a bunch of golds, but I'm not sure which tracks still need the MOST improvement(besides getting the golds to platinum of course).

and also, how does the scoring work with the skill games? I've platinum'd all of those. but do you get MORE score if you go further and further, ie, is there a multiplier?
Platinum medal usually gives somewhere around 150 000 rating points. By improving your score even further you can get closer and closer to the 200 000 theoretical limit. Same rule applies to all skill games. Reach further to improve your score. The best way to improve your score is to reduce your fault amount in the racing tracks and tournaments. A single fault in easier levels can halve your score for that level (loss of over 100 000 rating points).

rlmergeuser
09-08-2009, 05:53 PM
I wanted to put several ideas in one place on the level editor, with a focus on things that shouldn't be too difficult to implement. Just a guess, of course, but an educated one, my being a programmer for a living.

1. UNGLUE GROUP - Removes all glue from a selected construction
2. RESTRICTED MOVE: X, Y, or Z AXIS - We *almost* have this, but it's impossible to rely a thumbstick to move in a restricted fashion
3. COPY & PASTE - Different from "clone." This would be necessary to make a copy of something that is a long distance away. Even better if we can copy from one track and paste into another.
4. EXTEND SELECTION - Automatically selects everything that is touching whatever is currently selected, so that you can move a big group of items without carefully making sure you've scooped up each little piece
5. BLOCK ERASER - Lets you sweep through an area and erase many objects at will (but only if we get an UNDO function first http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif). A very useful variation on this would be the BLOCK WALL ERASER, which lets you plow through large areas of wall, and erase them with a quick sweep.

Most importantly, it bears repeating that we need an UNDO function. Even if there is only one step of undo, it would save much time for most people.

rlmergeuser
09-08-2009, 05:57 PM
....BLOCK WALL ERASER, which lets you plow through large areas of wall, and erase them with a quick sweep.

yes please though I also would want a "Pick Room Size" at the start of a new level for small, medium, or large rooms by default. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

rlmergeuser
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
yes please though I also would want a "Pick Room Size" at the start of a new level for small, medium, or large rooms by default. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif
Ooh... that's a good one! Add in "Select Depth" to allow you to select from "Underground," "Ground Level," and "Land O' Windows." http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

sebastianaalton
09-08-2009, 06:52 PM
1. UNGLUE GROUP - Removes all glue from a selected construction
2. RESTRICTED MOVE: X, Y, or Z AXIS - We *almost* have this, but it's impossible to rely a thumbstick to move in a restricted fashion
3. COPY & PASTE - Different from "clone." This would be necessary to make a copy of something that is a long distance away. Even better if we can copy from one track and paste into another.
4. EXTEND SELECTION - Automatically selects everything that is touching whatever is currently selected, so that you can move a big group of items without carefully making sure you've scooped up each little piece
5. BLOCK ERASER - Lets you sweep through an area and erase many objects at will (but only if we get an UNDO function first http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif). A very useful variation on this would be the BLOCK WALL ERASER, which lets you plow through large areas of wall, and erase them with a quick sweep.

Most importantly, it bears repeating that we need an UNDO function. Even if there is only one step of undo, it would save much time for most people
Level editor suggestions like these are very much welcome.

However everyone posting level editor feature suggestions, please include the Xbox 360 controller button mapping for all new features you are suggesting. Do you think some old features should be removed to free up some buttons for the new features? Which ones? We have already crammed a lot of features to the Xbox 360 pad, and some editor features could not be included in the final version of the game, as there were simply not enough buttons in the controller to include everything we wanted. Double button features should not be included, as those complicate the editor usage a lot, and include small delays to the input (we must wait a slight bit to see if the user presses the double button combination instead of just one button).

rlmergeuser
09-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Sebbi,

Thank you for your response. It's good to know you are actually concerned with a possible implementation to one or more of these. As requested, here is one possible button configuration to implement the features I mentioned above.

Function: UNGLUE GROUP - Removes all glue from a selected construction
Usage: Press up on D-pad when selected (same as detail edit on single object). Added to menu is "UNGLUE ALL"

Function: RESTRICTED MOVE: X, Y, or Z AXIS
Usage: Toggled on/off from the main editing menu.

Function: COPY & PASTE
Usage: "Y" Button now copies (instead of clones). To paste, press "Y" when nothing is selected. To duplicate the current clone function, one only needs to copy then paste.

Function: EXTEND SELECTION - Automatically selects everything that is touching whatever is currently selected
Usage: Press up on D-pad when object is selected. Added to detail menu is "EXTEND SELECTION"

Function: BLOCK ERASER/BLOCK WALL ERASER
Usage: Eraser is added to Game Items or Tools menu as an object. While it is selected and moved, it erases everything it touches.

Function: UNDO/REDO
Usage: I don't think that D-Pad-down has been assigned (or has it?) Let the user press D-down, which pops up a mini-menu. With this menu in view, D-left = UNDO; D-right = REDO; D-up = Done; D-down = Cancel

rlmergeuser
09-08-2009, 09:46 PM
some editor features could not be included in the final version of the game, as there were simply not enough buttons in the controller to include everything we wanted.sebbi can you let us in on those features please?

rlmergeuser
09-09-2009, 09:01 PM
What about a "Super Advanced Mode" with support for a usb keyboard? Almost everybody has one or ten of these lying around. That would certainly give you enough buttons to work with.

EDIT - You could have it only show up as an option when a USB keyboard is connected to the 360, to avoid confusion for casual builders.

rlmergeuser
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
What about a "Super Advanced Mode" with support for a usb keyboard?I am interested http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif

noobaroniNcheez
09-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I seen this mentioned above but the ability to tag your creations.. by "locking" them or whatever so other users can edit or duplicate objects would be awesome. I can't build a complete level by myself, but the ability to "collaborate" with someone would be insane!

nannerdw
09-11-2009, 08:10 PM
How about a motorized unicycle. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2008/gulak-2-enlarged.jpg

rlmergeuser
09-11-2009, 08:19 PM
lmao http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
09-11-2009, 08:45 PM
How about a motorized unicycle. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2008/gulak-2-enlarged.jpg http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_surprised.gif God no

rlmergeuser
09-11-2009, 09:49 PM
I vote yes for that unicycle in the next coming of trials http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
09-12-2009, 08:18 AM
How about a "center to hinge" or "lock to hinge" an option that would automatically center wheels perfectly to a hinge making cart/vehicle creation much easier and more precise? It would help a lot IMHO with having to do lots of tedious alignment when gluing stuff to hinges.

nannerdw
09-13-2009, 06:52 AM
As I mentioned earlier, an option to turn glued objects into one solid piece, or maybe just to disable collision detection, would be a great addition. It would prevent glued physics-enabled objects from shaking around uncontrollably, which would make it possible to have more complex moving parts. It seems like it would also allow for more physics objects within the complexity limit. Collision detection and lighting are the two main things that can easily cause the editor to start lagging.

rlmergeuser
09-17-2009, 10:25 AM
I would like to see leaderboards for user content!!!

I made a skill game but it's not that much fun if you can't compete with your friends.

rlmergeuser
09-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I made a skill game but it's not that much fun if you can't compete with your friends.O thats why no one really make skill games.......duh to me http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
09-23-2009, 11:39 PM
I would like to see leaderboards for user content!!!

I made a skill game but it's not that much fun if you can't compete with your friends.

That's my one request also.. If leaderboards are too much data I wouldn't even mind a best time (just one per track). In your case, a best score. Less data on their end, more smiles on ours!! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Also, it seems crazy that I can ride my own track and it'll save a replay but when I come back it doesn't show me my time without rewatching my run?!?!?!

rlmergeuser
09-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Also, it seems crazy that I can ride my own track and it'll save a replay but when I come back it doesn't show me my time without rewatching my run?!?!?!Really? I haven't noticed that....odd. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif
SUGGESTION:
Make the editor work like this>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3gH1zLm7w

rlmergeuser
09-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Now that we have 260 000 players, I would suggest one really important feature. A feature I would really really like to see in Guitar Hero leaderboards as well. It's actually borrowed from Draw Race. A percentage count showing how good you are at the track inside the track selector:

...or...

"You are inside the top 5% of players"

I noticed the Forza 3 demo has implemented this, but they differentiate between the overall and friends leaderboards. E.g., for the MINI Cooper on the overall leaderboard I got "you are in the top 9%", while on my friends leaderboard I got "you are in the top 22%". It would be cool to see soomething similar in Trials HD.

rlmergeuser
09-29-2009, 06:45 AM
I am somewhat frustrated with managing user content. I hate having to go back and forth between "Play" and "Manage".

My suggestion is to use the "X" button in the "Play" menu to bring up a "manage" menu, that will let you rename or delete tracks. This would allow you to totally remove the "Manage" option in the main "User Content" menu.

Another annoyance is that you are always taken to the beginning of the list when you exit out of a custom track. It would be nice if your position in the list was maintained.

Rollover (being able to go from top to bottom or vice-versa) would also be nice.

rlmergeuser
09-30-2009, 01:00 AM
The only thing I want added is the option to save my own replays. I've done some spectacular runs but I've got no proof!

rlmergeuser
09-30-2009, 02:35 AM
The only thing I want added is the option to save my own replays. I've done some spectacular runs but I've got no proof!If they are so great then the replays are on the leaderboards! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
09-30-2009, 11:11 AM
The only thing I want added is the option to save my own replays. I've done some spectacular runs but I've got no proof!If they are so great then the replays are on the leaderboards! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

QFT. I was disappointed with this at first, then I just decided to store mine on the leaderboard servers...not that I'm there on everything, I have a lot that aren't that high, or have been surpassed on hiatus from the game.

They do store local replays for User Created tracks though, so hopefully they will implement local replays, it's always nice to see your own, no matter what your rank.

Maybe you don't have the fastest time, but you might have pulled off an amazing move or a spectacular save.

Toa72
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
A few suggestions for the rankings:

- weekly rankings (nice to have)
- race ranking http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif don't mind too much about skill games, so it would be nice to see hoe my global ranking is when only race tracks are considered)
- skill games ranking (as above)

rlmergeuser
10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I've signed up to this forum to post suggestions so I'm glad there is a post about them! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Things I would like eventually:

- Ghost of a selected friend or top ranker on the same track, instead of just the name at the top of the screen.

- Some way to view friends replay when viewing the scoreboard, instead of having to go through all the global leaderboard to find your friend who's #27382

- Some multiplayer options, maybe races with no dynamic elements

Frank

noobaroniNcheez
10-03-2009, 08:28 AM
- Some way to view friends replay when viewing the scoreboard, instead of having to go through all the global leaderboard to find your friend who's #27382

When you go to Global Leaderboards the first category it shows is how you and all your friends are ranked. Plus it only stores replays for the top 5000, so you'd be wasting your time scrolling all the way to #27382. Unless I'm misunderstanding you...

+1 To the idea above about breaking down Global Rank to a Racing only category. Or rather then listing each track seperately, just list the ranks like they are in Global.

rlmergeuser
10-04-2009, 12:33 AM
suggestion: new object for the editor - magnets

works like hinges as it can be "magnetized" with triggers. connect two ends together and can be animated off so make things stick.

rlmergeuser
10-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Hello everyone,

My first post on these forums.

I just wanted to add my vote for leaderboards on the website, being able to check your times online while a work to see how you compare to your friends would be awesome and increase my desire to get home and beat them again http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Brilliant game by the way.

rlmergeuser
10-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone,

My first post on these forums.

I just wanted to add my vote for leaderboards on the website, being able to check your times online while a work to see how you compare to your friends would be awesome and increase my desire to get home and beat them again http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Brilliant game by the way.

I also imagined implementing a system like with Trials 2 SE where you can check every possible statistic online without having to actually boot up the game.

rlmergeuser
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM
A user created level marketplace would be nice to (little big planet style) where other users could provide ratings and feedback on custom tracks rather than just being able to share tracks with friends...

Love the Unicycle idea too as a skill game perhaps

rlmergeuser
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
maybe the option with the editor to just remoee objects, without the breaking/explosion, and to just be kinda a global thing. like how metal things cant break, thus it might be interesting to be able to remove them.

I guess like some way to make a character go to a certain point on the level. This would allow users to make crazy levels. And i guess maybe you could have like two like stargate like portals you drive through.

Also, having like generic boosts, like now you have afterburner, but lets say you just want the character to have a quick boost to get over this next jump, but nothing that lasts like afterburner

And finally, maybe being able to move/rotate an object from a trigger

rlmergeuser
10-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Also, having like generic boosts, like now you have afterburner, but lets say you just want the character to have a quick boost to get over this next jump, but nothing that lasts like afterburnerThats kinda a good idea http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
10-14-2009, 06:32 PM
A little bird told me that we might have a motor among the new tools http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif

Can't wait for this.
I hope that the motor will have an adjustable speed.

It would also be nice if the motor could be physics enabled so it could be attached to a moving object...I'm thinking Trials HD Macro, a giant motorbike moving over big obstacles...anyone, anyone? Maybe I'm just dreaming now.

rlmergeuser
10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I have a couple.

One is in the editor I think gears/cogs could be put to good use to run my massive machines. i.e. Cogs glued to wheels to turn whatever you mind could dream up.

Also, as far as multiplayer goes, I think it would be cool if you could be in a party with your friends and you could be watching your friend play the track. As soon as they fault then the controls would switch to the next person in the party and they would have a shot at the same section that the previous person just faulted on. In this way several people could play the same level and you could make fun of your friends because they suck so bad.

rlmergeuser
10-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't think this idea would work on current tracks but co-op tracks where by you can only pass an part of the track if your playing partner has passed a gate, etc. This could be used to work through puzzles together on a multilayered track.

rlmergeuser
10-21-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't think this idea would work on current tracks but co-op tracks where by you can only pass an part of the track if your playing partner has passed a gate, etc. This could be used to work through puzzles together on a multilayered track.Interesting, sort of like a relay race....

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Yeah kind of.

One more thing I was thinking of was the ability to share other peoples tracks so say someone on my friends list creates a track and I download it, other people on my friends list should then be able to download it from me without me even having to share it, sort of spreading the word peer to peer.

An example of what I mean would be (and I will use the mods names to protect the innocent)

Sebbbi make a track and puts it on their share list.
Sipe is on Sebbbi's friends list so sees the new track and downloads it.
Jorma pops round to Sipe's house and sees Sebbbi's map.
Jorma says "man that track is da bomb".
Jorma runs home like Usain Bolt with a bad case of the trots, starts up Trials HD and checks Sipe's shared tracks to pick up Sebbbi's track in all its "bombness"
Neither Sipe or Sebbbi would need to do anything since the track was added to Sipe's share list as soon as it was downloaded from Sebbbi, so no one need update shares, friends lists, etc.

I think this would also mean that the creators would spend less time recycling their friends list and more time playing games and creating sweet, sweet track nectar for all to enjoy http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Sorry for the randomness I was Trialling till 2 am this morning again and I get surreal when I am tired.

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Jorma says "man that track is da bomb".I knew thats how the J-Dog speaks! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Jorma runs home like Usain Bolt with a bad case of the trots...Probably the funniest thing I've read all week. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I knew thats how the J-Dog speaks! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

haha, jorma you should so change your name to J-Dog! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_geek.gif

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 05:50 PM
JDog is in da house.

rlmergeuser
10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
JDog is in da house.Will the real J-Dog please stand up? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Elements1992
10-22-2009, 08:39 PM
JDog is in da house.Will the real J-Dog please stand up? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Haha http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
10-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Include an achievement in the DLC for obtaining every platinum medal in the game (Races, Tournaments, Challenge Games).

And if you fear the rage of the gamerscore-*****s complaining that this "ACHIEVEMENT" is to difficult - make it a 0 gamerscore one. This way they'll still be able to get the full 50 GS (or whatever it'll be).

rlmergeuser
10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Include an achievement in the DLC for obtaining every platinum medal in the game (Races, Tournaments, Challenge Games).

And if you fear the rage of the gamerscore-*****s complaining that this "ACHIEVEMENT" is to difficult - make it a 0 gamerscore one. This way they'll still be able to get the full 50 GS (or whatever it'll be).

How about instead of a zero gamerscore a donkey bike avatar award http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
10-27-2009, 04:10 PM

How about instead of a zero gamerscore a donkey bike avatar award http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Absolutely, I forgot to mention that it would be incredible to have SOME form of AVATAR UNLOCKABLE(S) - but I wouldn't want to miss an achievement for getting all the platinums http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif .

rlmergeuser
10-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Proberbly a bit late, but for what it's worth:

- Posibility to sort ranking results by bike type. Would add even more longlivity to the game. I want to know who's the fastest with the donkey on King of the Hill!

- As sebbbi suggested, would be nice to see that my time on Randomtrack is among the 2% fastest times or better then 98% of my competitors instead of 10345 out of 401987.

- Outdoor environment!

- I don't know if it's a ******ed idea. But what about the posibility to add slippery surfaces? Such as an oilspill or ice (if we have outdoor environment)? Or sticky surfaces for that matter. Maybe it would totally suck or add a dimension.

- To be able to alter buttons.

- To be able to remove checkpoints (when going for a 0-faulter and passing the first checkpoint you have to watch the countdown each time you restart. Maybe a luxury problem).

- If I turn of the music it stil plays music when the game starts. Maybe a patch issue.

- Use other players replays as ghosts.

And to be honest, I love the game as it is. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Elements1992
11-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Man, some of these ideas rock

Would LOVE a multiplayer feature http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

SuperRadioCase
11-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I think we could use a new theme for level building. I'm tired of riding in the same factories, we need something like an outdoor setting or... well, something outdoors. Maybe a construction zone or something (original, right? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif)

I think there should also be a 5G achievement for beating a hard level with the Micro Donkey. I think half of them are uncompletable simply due to the bike being so underpowered that it can't land most of the larger jumps. Some levels are possible, though. Hard, but possible http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Elements1992
11-04-2009, 02:21 PM
or make a special track which you can only ride the micro donkey on ???
But its like extremely hard, also have a leaderboard with it!!!!

I could just picture the global leaderboard:

1: Lestrophie - Time: 29:50:55 - Faults - 129 http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
There are some really good ideas floating around in this thread, its going to make an amazing game even better even if only a small fraction of them are implimented.
The things i would like to see are: (alot have already been suggested)

.Empty starting room or quicker and easier way to delete large amount of blocks
.Undo
.Sharing downloaded tracks with friends (as long as the creator ticks a box to give 3rd party sharing option)
.More editor objects, cars etc
.Ability to change the scale of some objects (for example you could increase the size of pipes so they can be driven through)

.Download replay to a usb memory stick (dont even know if this would be possible) so its easier to share on youtube etc
.Save created objects to be used in different tracks

sebastianaalton
11-05-2009, 05:13 PM
You mean something like "Donkey Business" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

More editor objects, cars etc
Cars are nice...

Ability to change the scale of some objects (for example you could increase the size of pipes so they can be driven through)
Our current tech does not support this (file format does not save scale, and physics engine does not support scale)... but there might be a pipeline style object set in the DLC pack that you can drive though http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Download replay to a usb memory stick (dont even know if this would be possible) so its easier to share on youtube etc
Not possible. Games don't have access to USB peripherals.

rlmergeuser
11-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Download replay to a usb memory stick (dont even know if this would be possible) so its easier to share on youtube etc
Not possible. Games don't have access to USB peripherals.

What about saving replays to the HDD? That way being connected to Live isn't 100% necessary if you want your run saved. Sometimes I'll make an incredible save and even though I might not get the best time, I'd still like to see it whenever I feel like. Also, if the option to save replays to the HDD comes into play, will we be able to save replays of tournaments?

Elements1992
11-06-2009, 01:12 PM
You mean something like "Donkey Business" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Sounds good http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
11-06-2009, 02:11 PM
You mean something like "Donkey Business" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gifNo way..."*** Master" http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
game___

- more tracks

- more skills

- more achievements

- increase custom track limit (atleast 500)

editor___

- undo function

- nudge button, eg. hold nudge button while moving an object to move it in smaller increments. would make things easier than trying to tap tap tap the buttons to move something slightly.

- more snap (lb+b) options

- more themes/textures/objects/forces

- magnet force object to pull/lock things together (i already posted this one before)

- empty space/easier to add and remove bg blocks

- copy/paste objects from one track to another

- object limit indicator (regarding 1000 object limit)

- ability to set how 'sticky' the glue is... hard/soft/med...

- indicator beside object to show whether it can explode/break

- barrels that have broken/crushed no longer set off triggers, please fix this... all other debris do this except broken barrels...

Elements1992
11-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Could we have a competition on the most painfull death on Trials? =]

lespritdelescal
11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before..

It would be nice to have a "Restart Tournament" option in the pause menu. That way it isn't a one button restart (no accidents), but easier for someone to do if they mess up as much as I do.

SuperRadioCase
11-09-2009, 12:43 AM
Now that I think of it, one change I'd like to see in the editor is the added ability to start from any checkpoint in the course. That way, you could just load up your map in the editor, click on a checkpoint and start riding your map right from that point rather than from the start. It would be really helpful when you're halfway through building a map and you don't want to have to play through the entire thing just to get to the point that you're working on http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Jarr3tt88
11-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Now that I think of it, one change I'd like to see in the editor is the added ability to start from any checkpoint in the course. That way, you could just load up your map in the editor, click on a checkpoint and start riding your map right from that point rather than from the start. It would be really helpful when you're halfway through building a map and you don't want to have to play through the entire thing just to get to the point that you're working on http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

You can already do this! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif Hit the RB and LB bumpers

ahh_me2
11-09-2009, 03:26 AM
I'll have to try that, I just moved my checkpoint, and only used 1 until I was done

rlmergeuser
11-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Having played Forza 3 a lot lately, I thought of how the "only download tracks from friends" feature could be improved. In Forza, you have something called "favorites", where you can add gamertags. This way you can easily navigate to their storefront (and download their designs, tunes, etc.) without them being on your friends list.

So what if you had something similar in Trials? Just add gamertags to a favorites list, and then be able to download their tracks without going through the whole friends list handshake (which, with its 100 friends limit, is horribly broken). This way, if you stumble upon a ***** track (or any other "offensive" tracks) you still can't really blame anyone but yourself.

Jarr3tt88
11-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Having played Forza 3 a lot lately, I thought of how the "only download tracks from friends" feature could be improved. In Forza, you have something called "favorites", where you can add gamertags. This way you can easily navigate to their storefront (and download their designs, tunes, etc.) without them being on your friends list.

So what if you had something similar in Trials? Just add gamertags to a favorites list, and then be able to download their tracks without going through the whole friends list handshake (which, with its 100 friends limit, is horribly broken). This way, if you stumble upon a ***** track (or any other "offensive" tracks) you still can't really blame anyone but yourself.

I support this idea 100% It makes a lot of sense http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif Hopefully that can be done WOOT! because some people with really good tracks always have their friends list full and then they don't add you or they get sick of adding deleting people.

rlmergeuser
11-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Practice Mode! Just like in Guitar Hero where you can practice specific prats of a song. If you had a Practice Mode in Trials you could start at any checkpoint. Naturally there will be no timing in Practice Mode. Would be a fantastic feature so you could nail those tricky parts near the end of a map (swings on Inferno etc).

SuperRadioCase
11-10-2009, 09:35 PM

You can already do this! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif Hit the RB and LB bumpers
That doesn't do anything for me, all it does is flips the editor cursor to the multiple-selection tool while the RB button is held. Holding that then pressing A or pause or anything or selecting it then pressing those buttons also does nothing.

I support this idea 100% It makes a lot of sense http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif Hopefully that can be done WOOT! because some people with really good tracks always have their friends list full and then they don't add you or they get sick of adding deleting people.

Well, once the Halo 2 servers are shut down in the future the friends limit will dramatically change http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

Oh, and we need a stop sign for the editor, too, not just a slow sign. I'm sure most people here could find a use for it http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
11-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Iunno if this has been said or not, but it would be nice if we could have a restart button for the tournaments. Instead we have to exit the tournament and go back to the tournament pages and start it up again. It's not a major thing, but it's just annoying when you're trying to get a really good start on the first few tracks and when you mess up you just wanna start it all over really quickly

Jarr3tt88
11-11-2009, 07:30 PM
That doesn't do anything for me, all it does is flips the editor cursor to the multiple-selection tool while the RB button is held. Holding that then pressing A or pause or anything or selecting it then pressing those buttons also does nothing.

Dude you have to be TESTING the track to use LB and RB to switch checkpoints http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

SuperRadioCase
11-12-2009, 11:53 AM

Dude you have to be TESTING the track to use LB and RB to switch checkpoints http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif
How am I supposed to figure that out on my own? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Jarr3tt88
11-12-2009, 03:26 PM

How am I supposed to figure that out on my own? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Cause you said that you wanted to click on the checkpoint and start there, meaning you wanted to test it. Meaning thats where it should be pushed haha doesn't matter now you know thats all that matters :p You're welcome!

rlmergeuser
11-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Haven't seen any feeback on my suggestions here, just wanted to voice them again. Would really like to see these ideas make it into the first Title Update.

I am somewhat frustrated with managing user content. I hate having to go back and forth between "Play" and "Manage".

My suggestion is to use the "X" button in the "Play" menu to bring up a "manage" menu, that will let you rename or delete tracks. This would allow you to totally remove the "Manage" option in the main "User Content" menu.

Another annoyance is that you are always taken to the beginning of the friends list when you exit out of their shared track list (in the "Get" menu). It would be nice if your position in the list was maintained.

List rollover (being able to go from top to bottom or vice-versa) would also be nice.

lespritdelescal
11-19-2009, 03:35 AM
If there was an easy way to move the default camera line/angles without adding many of your own cameras, then that would be cool http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
12-09-2009, 11:40 PM
everyone always want multiplayer where two players rider on their own line side by side on the same track. I say, that race should involve getting to a checkpoint first and you opponents track changes somehow. Like it could activate an falling object or alternate route or explosion so players would have an extra reason to be fast....

rlmergeuser
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
A very simple http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif think) addition I would love to see is an option to turn off blood. I don't mind the blood, but I've got an 8 year old who is very skittish about it and as a result won't play the game and doesn't want to see anyone else play it! Yes, the blood is pretty minimal, but it's there. So an option to turn off blood would be a great thing for me (us).

sebastianaalton
12-15-2009, 03:26 PM
A very simple http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif think) addition I would love to see is an option to turn off blood. I don't mind the blood, but I've got an 8 year old who is very skittish about it and as a result won't play the game and doesn't want to see anyone else play it! Yes, the blood is pretty minimal, but it's there. So an option to turn off blood would be a great thing for me (us).
That is a very good suggestion, but I am afraid it's too late for Trials HD. Trials HD patch (title update) is already complete and in certification testing (for December 23th release alongside the DLC). We cannot change the patch anymore, and I doubt there will be another patch for the game, as the cost for developing/testing/releasing a new patch is pretty steep. But we will definitely keep this idea in our minds for the next Trials game.

rlmergeuser
12-15-2009, 05:21 PM
That is a very good suggestion, but I am afraid it's too late for Trials HD. Trials HD patch (title update) is already complete and in certification testing (for December 23th release alongside the DLC). We cannot change the patch anymore, and I doubt there will be another patch for the game, as the cost for developing/testing/releasing a new patch is pretty steep. But we will definitely keep this idea in our minds for the next Trials game.

Yeah, I just got the game not too long ago (not to mention a 360), so I'm late to the party. I figured I'd ask anyway. I really appreciate your participation here on the forums and glad to hear this might show up in a future Trials game!

BMXBandit777
12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
having 30+ tracks that i often swap round to share with new friends i find it unbelievably frustrating when while in the share tracks screen either all my tracks disappear or the damn thing just freezes and all i can do is restart xbox!! dont know how many others have experienced problems whilst sharing tracks but i hope that there is sum kind of patch in the dlc cos its a bit much when u have to reboot xbox 5 times just to change 1 track on the list!! this is the ONLY problem i have encounted that is worth mentioning and apart from that this is by far the best game i have played in years and i would happily of payed 40+ for this, its worth every penny!!!

rlmergeuser
12-16-2009, 03:22 PM
having 30+ tracks that i often swap round to share with new friends i find it unbelievably frustrating when while in the share tracks screen either all my tracks disappear or the damn thing just freezes and all i can do is restart xbox!! dont know how many others have experienced problems whilst sharing tracks but i hope that there is sum kind of patch in the dlc cos its a bit much when u have to reboot xbox 5 times just to change 1 track on the list!! this is the ONLY problem i have encounted that is worth mentioning and apart from that this is by far the best game i have played in years and i would happily of payed 40+ for this, its worth every penny!!!
That bug will be fixed in the coming TU.

Ender_IXI
12-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Infernal Pinball doesn't need a time limit. I realize the object is to get to the ceiling but it is also fun to just keep going as long as you can.

Target Hunt kind of does but it would be more fun without one.

SuperRadioCase
12-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Infernal Pinball doesn't need a time limit. I realize the object is to get to the ceiling but it is also fun to just keep going as long as you can.

Maybe just an no-score free-play mode on those tracks? I know it's fun to hop around Flip Hunter to just have fun on the track http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
12-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Maybe just an no-score free-play mode on those tracks? I know it's fun to hop around Flip Hunter to just have fun on the track http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I agree I really want to just ride through the Skill game tracks to see what their like with being on fire/pulling bombs/doing a wheelie.

rlmergeuser
12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
from what ive seen from the new game trailer vids the new skill tracks look pretty fun...

rlmergeuser
01-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Is there a way that replays downloaded form the LBs could be rewound......slow-mo etc. It is very hard to learn from full speed replays.

Also, how come we cannot download a friends replay directly from the filtered leaderboards ?

rlmergeuser
01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Is there a way that replays downloaded form the LBs could be rewound......slow-mo etc. It is very hard to learn from full speed replays.
No. Somewhere sebbbi explained that the physics engine doesn't support this.

Also, how come we cannot download a friends replay directly from the filtered leaderboards ?
You can. If it's at least gold-worthy and top 5000.

Euphoric Fusion
01-04-2010, 04:39 PM
One option I personally would like to see is the ability to turn off the HUD completely.
No split times, no friends bar and no fault indicator..... just you and the track.
Sooo many times I've faulted because I have see the green split in the corner http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

QcChopper
01-05-2010, 03:14 AM
I have a suggestion for the next Trials game, well 2 for the price of one actually.

1-A skill game ruleset that involves going as far as you can from left to right, an obvious omission IMO, it would be very handy for custom tracks with vehicles or tracks that get progressively harder, or infinite rear wheel bounces etc.

2- Actually a variation of the first idea, a Survival mode: You can't fault, and have to do ALL the tracks in the game from easiest to hardest, how far can you go? (Measured in meters, like the first idea)

SuperRadioCase
01-05-2010, 03:16 AM
I have a suggestion for the next Trials game, well 2 for the price of one actually.

1-A skill game ruleset that involves going as far as you can from left to right, an obvious omission IMO, it would be very handy for custom tracks with vehicles or tracks that get progressively harder, or infinite rear wheel bounces etc.

2- Actually a variation of the first idea, a Survival mode: You can't fault, and have to do ALL the tracks in the game, how far can you go? (Measured in meters, like the first idea)
Marathon Plus? http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_eek.gif http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

QcChopper
01-05-2010, 03:18 AM
2a- you can go on as long as your bike doesn't blow up or you kill the rider, which could be even better http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

With one of two splashscreens, one where your bike is towed and the rider shrugs his shoulders the other has the rider hospitalized http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

rlmergeuser
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I have only 1 suggestion and I am sure I'm not the only person who thought of this. Since each bike is totally customizable, There is not much need for more bikes. However, The Phoenix Evo is incomparably the best bike in the game for harder levels....But it has a four-stroke engine! I love the Scorpion for it's gritty, mean, two-stroke engine sound. So, I would love to see another 2 stroker bike (maybe even a little white smoke coming out the exhaust) that is equal in comparison to the Evo in future DLC.

rlmergeuser
01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Actually a good Idea, also this is something they perform during real trials.http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

sebastianaalton
01-06-2010, 08:57 PM
In flames kind of does that, but it has the heat meter... In the future I think that we should have separate (selectable) scoring method, and separable (multiselectable) end conditions. And lots of possibilities for both. So players could make their custom skill games. Oh, and "time alive" should also be one of the possible scoring methods (if you want to make skill games such as "stay on the rodeo horse"). This kind of skill game system would also allow us to make new skill games in the DLC packs. In Trials HD we just have the predetermined set of 12 skill game modes.

QcChopper
01-06-2010, 10:30 PM
In flames kind of does that, but it has the heat meter... In the future I think that we should have separate (selectable) scoring method, and separable (multiselectable) end conditions. And lots of possibilities for both. So players could make their custom skill games. Oh, and "time alive" should also be one of the possible scoring methods (if you want to make skill games such as "stay on the rodeo horse"). This kind of skill game system would also allow us to make new skill games in the DLC packs. In Trials HD we just have the predetermined set of 12 skill game modes.

Well, even better then http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

rlmergeuser
01-08-2010, 05:35 PM
I would like to suggest the following:

Sound Effects!!

Some screams and yells for the driver that could be set off from Triggers.
Also, some landsape sound effects, like wind howling, earthquake noises, that kind of stuff.

Screen Effects!!

Some filters than can be used to do some cool motion blurs, black n' whites, some grains and sreen noise. or these can be like cameras.. then when used you can set what the screen appearance would look like.

rlmergeuser
01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Two suggestions:

1) I'm sure this has been said before, but why can't I allow my friends to edit my track? From my layman understanding (though, of course, I don't have any idea how track data is handled in the game), all is needed is an option for custom tracks which allows re-editing / re-sharing my track by my friends. This way, a track could make its way from buddylist to buddylist - thus reaching many more people. No additional server capacities should be needed this way.

2) In any skill game, there is a 3 second countdown timer after faulting / restarting. Although it sounds kind of short, it tends to get a bit annoying after a while, especially if you are used to the 1 second countdown from the race mode. I'm sure many people would appreciate it if the restart timer in skill games would be only 1 second (3 seconds only the first time you start the game, just like in race mode).

Ender_IXI
01-10-2010, 12:53 PM
Sometimes the signals get messed up from my brain to my hands...can you make a device i can put on my head that simply picks up what i want to do from my brain so i don't have to use my hands?

I think this would also significantly improve my skill at building custom tracks. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

SuperRadioCase
01-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Sometimes the signals get messed up from my brain to my hands...can you make a device i can put on my head that simply picks up what i want to do from my brain so i don't have to use my hands?

I think this would also significantly improve my skill at building custom tracks. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif
Once people have discovered the technology to map out a person's idealized picture or design from their brain onto a computer than maybe they'll learn to create 3-d models then finally apply that the video games. Give it a few hundred years or so http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
01-10-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm pretty sure it has been suggested before, but what about an option, in the pause menu, to restart a tournament, with a confirmation box maybe? Not that it's long to exit a tournament an chose it again, but I find myself restarting a lot lately especially in Ultimate Endurance http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

SuperRadioCase
01-10-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it has been suggested before, but what about an option, in the pause menu, to restart a tournament, with a confirmation box maybe? Not that it's long to exit a tournament an chose it again, but I find myself restarting a lot lately especially in Ultimate Endurance http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif
Agreed, but minus the confirmation box. It would take some serious skill to accidentally press pause and scroll down to the restart tournament button http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

rlmergeuser
01-18-2010, 11:16 AM
My Suggestions for the Next Trials game is :

1- Skill games must be seperated in the leaderboards .. the experience and the challenge between all the players will be much better if the leaderboards system for the tracks only

2- Multiplayer mode (( 2-4 players online )) .. imagine if there is a Multiplayer Hill Climb as an example .. maybe In flames too .. or Regular Tracks for racing .. lool that will be cool http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

3- Custom Tracks system like Little Big Planet .. that allowed you to play any track from any player in the world .. and you can Rate , Share and save tracks .. also Leaderboards for custom tracks

4- Mmm Different Camera Angels

5- More Soundtracks

6- View Leaderboards Replay's in-game (( such like N+ ))

thats all Thanks http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
01-18-2010, 12:55 PM

Over the weekend I mostly played tournaments, but I don't think I'll ever play one again until a fast restart button has been implemented.

rlmergeuser
01-20-2010, 02:57 PM
When watching other players replays it would be sweet if checkpoint times compared to your own best run.
For instance, if I watch The Robots toprun on Inferno II I'd see that I was +24,666 sec behind him on the checkpoint straight after the wheel section. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_geek.gif

rlmergeuser
01-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Split times / checkpoint times for user tracks would be great.

Why are they not in there now?

jonofthejungle9
01-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Can I make a suggestion to the people who keep pushing reset (back) instead of B.
Put tape over the back button, or better yet a pin/ something sharp. You'll learn!
Lol

rlmergeuser
01-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I am in total agreement with Saudipro and Biblotekarien.

The suggestions by these two people are brilliant. Love to see these in the next update / game.

Many thanks

Dan

rlmergeuser
01-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Split times / checkpoint times for user tracks would be great.

Why are they not in there now?

this we really need, i have no idea if im beating myself or not on a user track http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

rlmergeuser
01-29-2010, 09:22 AM
I apologise if this has been suggested before and I will endevour to get through all the suggestions later but just a quick but probably obvious suggestion.

Since the developers are probably hard at work on the next Trials and other PC projects would it not be an idea to make a DLC pack of the best user created tracks ?

Very few regular (non-hardcore) Trials users will have access to all the best user tracks or even know about them all but I would bet the Trials creators would know if anyone does.

Sorry if this has been suggested before or if there's an obvious reason it can't be done.

P.S. TrialHD is one of the greatest games I have played in many years. Sheer class.

FatShady Live
02-01-2010, 01:30 AM
As with the poster above, sorry if this has been raised already. I would like to see leaderboard/track times posted on the net daily. Set to GMT or whatever, a single daily job to extract this http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif don't actually know what would be involved.

The reason that I suggest this is that it would provide a good resource for websites and competitions to use for various reasons. As this ia community based game (ie there is a huge and loyal community) who are not always at their xbox's, this would be good. I also understand the limitations of PC based video's/replays so this is also not required.

I would like on-line leaderboard integration for a range of things such as fastest movers (largest point/time increase since yesterday, with the benefit of not only rewarding the best of the best (obviously they would get this initially, but other players have a chance of making the largest daily improvement. This could also be broken down into country to allow some more localised sharing and competing and then perhaps a Trials Olympics!!!! Man, I just thought of that.

Organised (date and time) Trials Olympics tourney...

Ski jumping, long jump, high jump, steple chase you get the idea. Country specific outfits for the riders, multi player tourch relay (On Fire) that includes people from each country... Oh I am so excited.

Now this is starting to sound like a 10 year old rant (sorry to any mature 10 year olds in here) but perhaps some of this I think has some merit, specifically a website to disect the daily info, leaderboards, country specific and some more competition (organised by community) events would be great. And to acheive this, the PC based data would be key as it allows easy organisation and tracking of data without the need for XBOX.

Love the game, look forward to whatever you guys come up with.

rlmergeuser
02-01-2010, 01:00 PM
i apologise if some of these have been posted before, but i've only skimmed some of the older posts.

- remove/increase some of the limiters, like the 30 checkpoint one.
- when you pass these removed limiters, show a warning that the level may be slow to load
- show somewhere how close you are to each limiter (prehaps a seperate bit in the pause menu)
- in the 'share tracks' area, instead of having 7 8kb slots, have 56kb of room, to be used up by as many tracks as we like

- be able to highlight all objects in a certain area (prehaps click and drag of a cube)
- with this, be able to glue/unglue all objects together (also, putting this for all highlighted objects not using this cube would be great

- have square wind effect areas - the sphere makes it nearly impossible to get even coverage. also, have the wind at an even strength over the entire box

- have small range anti gravity/small gravity force - basically the same as the wind is now, but it wont make the bike crash if its too strong. also make this square

- have specifically made multiplayer tracks with two seperate starting lines
- be able to make said multiplayer tracks in editor mode
- to be able to change the distance between these multiplayer tracks racing lines to as much or as little as we want
- make these multiplayer tracks co-op as well as versus

- for all user created tracks to be sorted in the same way as the in game tracks
- for the makers name to be displayed on these tracks
- have a little check box in the track details if the track is a WIP (work in progress) or not

- for the next hill climb not to end by setting the rider on fire

sebastianaalton
02-01-2010, 01:50 PM
- remove/increase some of the limiters, like the 30 checkpoint one.
- when you pass these removed limiters, show a warning that the level may be slow to load
- show somewhere how close you are to each limiter (prehaps a seperate bit in the pause menu)
Trials HD is an arcade game, so we wanted tracks to be of manageable length. Too long tracks are really frustrating to zero fault. Our built in tracks have a 15 checkpoint limit. Other limiters are there to prevent memory running out and the game freezing. We do not want to let users create tracks and share them that allow them to freeze other peoples consoles.

We tested having 3 different meters in the editor screen. Testers said that it's way too complicated. And it took a lot of screen space as well. Statistics for example in the pause menu would have been something worth investigating. However I think we have to come up with a better limiter system alltogether in the next game.

- be able to highlight all objects in a certain area (prehaps click and drag of a cube)
- with this, be able to glue/unglue all objects together (also, putting this for all highlighted objects not using this cube would be great
Radial select was one of the features we really wanted to have, but sadly all the controller buttons were used for more important features.

- in the 'share tracks' area, instead of having 7 8kb slots, have 56kb of room, to be used up by as many tracks as we like
- for all user created tracks to be sorted in the same way as the in game tracks
- for the makers name to be displayed on these tracks
- have a little check box in the track details if the track is a WIP (work in progress) or not
Naturally our final intent is to create a "youtube" style (global sharing, really easy to use content browsing, searching, rating, etc) track sharing system sometime in the (distant) future. Trials HD track sharing system was the first one for the Trials series. Lets see how fast we progress towards this goal in our next games. Naturally in the (distant) future we want to have leaderboards and replays and everything like that for user created tracks as well.

Organised (date and time) Trials Olympics tourney...
We have also thought that some kind of official organized tournaments inside the game would be a great thing. Sadly this was not possible for Trials HD, as we didn't have our own game server.

rlmergeuser
02-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Mine first is a really simple one word suggestion

Playlists

Tournaments don't record your individual track times, have it so you can make a playlist that will select a random track for you from your list.

My second suggestion is

Multiplayer support for the skill games

Either a controller each style party play on one console or watch the other people as they are doing it over live and they watch you on your go. The skill games don't take long and you could do tournaments that way as the distance markers and stuff are already in the game it would make an already addictive game a great party game.

sebastianaalton
02-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Multiplayer support for the skill games
Either a controller each style party play on one console or watch the other people as they are doing it over live and they watch you on your go. The skill games don't take long and you could do tournaments that way as the distance markers and stuff are already in the game it would make an already addictive game a great party game.
This is exactly how we did multiplayer (party play) tournaments in Blobo Fun&Fit game (http://www.bloboshop.com/index.php?language=en).

rlmergeuser
02-11-2010, 03:45 AM
It's been suggested but the more I play Trials the more I think an actual multiplayer Race feature would be amazing.

Yes, they coudn't be really complex tracks but even the most simple motocross style tracks with a few tabletops, jumps, bumps and hillclimbs would give a chance to feel the pressure and excitement of a real race rather than racing the clock all the time.

I've no idea how many players could be implemented but even 2 would be a start. The versatility of the tracks multilayer design as well as a high angled camera would ensure it never became too confusing with 4 or even 6 or more.

Allowing a solo player to race A.I. bikes would be another bonus if we are constructing a wish list but the 'feel' of a geniuine race is one of the very few things sorely missing from Trials and one I hope the developers could consider for a future game.

rlmergeuser
02-12-2010, 08:40 PM
couple more from me:
- add a rating feature for each track and tourney so you can see what the community likes best - that should help with the next DLC if theres going to be any
- prehaps this would be better for the next game, but have a score system that was specific to each track/tourney - a time of 42 faults and 14 mins on the midnight club tournament gets you only 2 points, whereas you can do several faults on the beginner tracks and still get WAY more
- when you select a time on a tournament leaderboard, it would be nice if you could see the persons time/faults for each individual track

and heres a couple of things that would definitly be for the next game
- instead of just level selection, have a career mode where you earn in game credits, level up, etc. Even if its similar to the Forza Motorsport 2 career
- in career, be able to purchace several ready made bikes (there doesnt have to be too many though)
- be able to buy upgrades for these bikes. ie, one gearbox with good acceleration, but low top speed, another with high top speed but low acceleration
- be able to have a custom made bike, where you choose the frame, engine, etc all seperately
- be able to see what upgrades were used in the replays
- have a track share system similar to forza motorsport 3

QcChopper
02-13-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll just repeat the "We need a functional brake, one that actually stops the bike from moving, this is CRUCIAL in Trials" bit.

But what I really want at this point is a fully 3D game. With all the knowledge and experience you devs have, how hard would it be to assign the two available directions on the stick to left and right turning? Allow tail whipping while on a stoppie, make brakes not reverse, replace the single post checkpoint with double posts, allow camera angle switching and voila, I know I oversimplify it to the max but basicly, wouldn't adding that to the existing game mechanics work perfectly? I mean, why change what already works? I see no need to do such a game from scratch, and it would be a whole new experience and now there is a huge fanbase for it on the 360.

Look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVgczSrLyR8&feature=grec

This game (Moto Racer 3) is from 2002, the physics are crappy but just imagine if a similar game was done by RedlLynx http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
02-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Look at this video...Oh hell yeah!

rlmergeuser
02-15-2010, 05:16 AM
This game (Moto Racer 3) is from 2002, the physics are crappy but just imagine if a similar game was done by RedlLynx http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

???

what do you want? action or sim? red lynx is on the right way with trials HD. they don't need to change the gameplay. ok we all need front and rear breaks. maybe a clutch. but not more.

Slider

rlmergeuser
02-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Firstly, congratulations on making such an excellent, highly polished game. It's as close to faultless an experience as i've played on xbox360, so improving it without compromise is going to be difficult.

Anyway, the beauty of trials is it's simplicity. Part of the reason we all find ourselves physically contorting our bodies when playing the game is due to the few buttons use whilst playing, so please don't overcomplicate any sequel. Front and rear brakes might be a good idea, and i've no doubt you'd play test it thoroughly, but the slight level of added complexity could potentially substitute fun for frustration, or even make the game too easy. Also, i'd be inclined to keep any franchise sequel largely based indoors. The warehouse style setting suits the mood of the game very well and provides a suitable array of themed obstacles for the player to navigate. If you take the franchise outdoors/partly outdoors, i expect this would require the game's graphical finesse to be upped significantly, although it would raise the possibility of incorporating various different surface and weather conditions such as mud, rain, oil, gravel, and puddles. However, unless executed perfectly, these additions could deter from the quality of the game.

Anyway, here are some of my suggestions. I haven't read the whole thread so many of these may have been mentioned before-

Online head to head- players pick a track difficulty, and are then paired at random with another racer. The players then take it in turns to complete a random level on their chosen difficulty within a strict time/fault limit. The higher ranked player should go first so as to set an example.

Online party play- up to 4 players compete simultaneously on a random track within a difficulty of their choice.

Custom track object templates- i know plenty of people who would love to get more involved with the track editor but find the prospect quite daunting. A series of template items such as lifts, vehicles and swinging objects that can then be glued/unglued to make new functional obstacles would be quite useful.

The ability to restart tournaments quicker, OR an 'expert mode' which disables checkpoints and automatically restarts the player at the beginning of the track/tournament once they have faulted.

Custom split times- this could be tailored to represent the player's fastest track time, the next player on their friends' list, or perhaps even the top time in the world.

Custom track playlists- the game rotates through the player's favourite tracks almost as if in a tournament.

The ability to rewind and/or slow down replays- this would just be quite useful.

Mappable controls- i'd really like to be able to put 'restart track' on one of the bumper buttons.

Performance graphs- these need only incorporate speed, distance or time onto two of the graphs axis'. It would be interesting for players to assess their performance and where they're losing time in more detail. In theory, the player's graph representative of a given track could then be compared to someone on their friendslist or the global leaderboard. Alternatively, graphs could also be used to represent the player's cumulative global score. In comparisson with someone on their friendslist/leaderboard, this would illustrate which levels the player ought to focus on improving in order to raise their rank.

Afterthoughts-

Unlockable cheats tied to challenges?- Naturally, having these active would mean players can no longer set track records, although some interesting, novelty variations on the gameplay would be possible. Cheats could be unlocked by completing certain challenges, such as complete level A using bike B without braking etc. This could unlock gameplay variations such as a front-wheel drive/all-wheel drive mode, low gravity/8bit mode (which would mitigate the need for novelty tracks), high gravity mode, slow motion mode (could be useful for perfecting runs), invincibility, invisibility, increased top-speed or acceleration, and super-traction/zero-traction.

Custom track leaderboards?- I know this has been discussed and dismissed in the past, but i'm sure there must be some work around to make it possible. How about if the track time is embedded within the level creation? Once the players has finalised their level, they can practice it, achieve a decent time (which will then be saved within the fabric of the track creation data), and then upload it. Other players could then download the track, potentially improve on the recorded time, and then re-upload the track by overwriting the previous 'version' with a new record time embedded. I'm not sure if this makes sense or is even feasible, so please excuse my lack of programming knowledge if not.

ben1bob
02-16-2010, 01:57 PM
^^^ i like a lot of your ideas equinox.

and i agree the game should be made no more complex than it is right now. the game works perfectly. this is the only game i play where i move my body while i'm playing it. i can play a racing game and stay rooted to the spot. when i'm playing trials my hands and body are all over the place, like if i get the wife to have a go on basically any xbox game!

i like your mappable controls and "expert mode" ideas. anything that saves button presses is good in my eyes. i can only play a tournament so many times before i get sick of pausing, exiting and then going back in the tournament. in real time it takes maybe only 6/7 seconds but this game is all about instant gratification imo and that's 6/7 seconds of messing about!

rlmergeuser
02-16-2010, 10:25 PM
TrialsHD developers & creators, I implore you to try the very talented Nitefox98 track Xcite2 (based on excitebike) and imagine what it would be like with four Trials players playing simultaneously on Xbox Live! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

It would transform a new Trials game every bit as much as a portal for user created tracks would and there would be a deluge of players dying to reace each other in realtime.

Please consider this feature for a future game.
TrialsHD is better value and has been played more than all my full price 360 games.

rlmergeuser
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
I see lots of people discussing water in that they want it to put out fire. I like that idea, but I would also just like to see a way making "body's" of water to jump. I was also wondering if the warehouse walls could have "properties" that could be adjusted? IE: making them completely black, blue, red, etc etc so that way deleting them might not be necessary. That would also make it so lighting was better. I could for example make the floor completely black without having to darken the entire room and use lighting effects to brighten it back up creating lag.

rlmergeuser
02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
ive always wanted body's of water also

rlmergeuser
02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
water would be a great addition to 'variable grip substances' that could increase Trials difficulty.
mud, dirt, gravel, sand and ice would be others.

jonofthejungle9
02-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Reading another topic about players 'skill' gave me a good idea, not sure if mentioned already.
It would be cool if we could play head to head and have a level generator, like in worms.
It would have to be the same for each rider, but you would never have the advantage of having practiced any obstacles before and would have to rely on skill to win.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2524/landscape.png (http://img23.imageshack.us/i/landscape.png/)
Checkpoints, length, height, surface grip, explosives, and dificulty could all be variants, maybe set by a host.
Even if the landscape had no complex textures, just set shapes that were ridable as obstacles it would make a good challenge and show who is capable of knowing what technique is needed for any obstacle.

HoorayItsMike
02-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Reading another topic about players 'skill' gave me a good idea, not sure if mentioned already.
It would be cool if we could play head to head and have a level generator, like in worms.
It would have to be the same for each rider, but you would never have the advantage of having practiced any obstacles before and would have to rely on skill to win.
Checkpoints, length, height, surface grip, explosives, and dificulty could all be variants, maybe set by a host.
Even if the landscape had no complex textures, just set shapes that were ridable as obstacles it would make a good challenge and show who is capable of knowing what technique is needed for any obstacle.

I do agree that this is the best way to test a players skill, but there are a couple problems that I see. There are some obstacles that require speed to get over and some that require you to slow down. At a certain "point of no return", if you don't have enough speed, you will have no choice but to fault. At other times, you will be going to fast and end up faulting because of that. It will eventually turn into "who can guess what's coming up next?" instead of being based off of skill.

I believe that there is a good way to do this style of play.

First off, 1 fault should be equal to 5 seconds. So if one person faults, the other one still has to pull off a good time to win, but has some more time to be careful. This also helps to conquer the problem of having those "unavoidable" faults.

Second, make randomly generated courses in which signs help guide the rider. Don't make things in which you need to be going to exact speed to make it perfectly over or things of the like http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif'm looking at you second checkpoint in Groundhog Forever). Make it difficult to fault, but also difficult to complete.

Third, don't show the other rider at the same time. I know this seems dumb, but if the person behind can see what's coming up then that gives him a huge advantage, possibly even enough to end up winning because of it.

I'm sure there's a lot more fine tuning we can make to this idea, but hopefully this will be enough for now. Once we know that this may actually become a reality, then we can start adding some better ideas to it.

rlmergeuser
02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Ive been dreaming about a new tool for the level editor. Like a kind of trigger tool of different musical notes and different keys, maybe a snare and a hi-hat. But you just glue this trigger to an object and when the riders bike touches the object it plays the tune, maybe its just me but i think this would be amazing, the possibilties would be endless, a normal hold the right trigger level from start to finish could be turned into a nasty drum n bass tune, or a classical piece if you knew how to compose music properly.

jonofthejungle9
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Second, make randomly generated courses in which signs help guide the rider. Don't make things in which you need to be going to exact speed to make it perfectly over or things of the like http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_asleep.gif'm looking at you second checkpoint in Groundhog Forever). Make it difficult to fault, but also difficult to complete.

This is a good Idea about the signs.
I realise, without someone play/testing a course, it is unlikely to turn out perfect, but you could have like a moto X track with jumps that could be 2 tripples or 3 doubles, depending on speed you are travelling. This way, if you hit the jump at the wrong speed, you won't drop to your peril, but will have to ride hard to catch up.
Also, you could have the course repeat, like laps, but in a straight line. This way you could get a second(third/fourth if you need it) chance to take off right.

I really hope something like this materialises! Hint Hint!

I like the idea of the trials music maker too. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif
I had a similar thought and started trying to make it in the editor mode, but instead of sound, I just had lyrics in the back ground. I gave up as it took so long to write the first line lol.

ben1bob
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Ive been dreaming about a new tool for the level editor. Like a kind of trigger tool of different musical notes and different keys, maybe a snare and a hi-hat. But you just glue this trigger to an object and when the riders bike touches the object it plays the tune, maybe its just me but i think this would be amazing, the possibilties would be endless, a normal hold the right trigger level from start to finish could be turned into a nasty drum n bass tune, or a classical piece if you knew how to compose music properly.

dude you are absolutely insane!

in a good way though http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
since i've finally gotten half decent at the level editor, i'll list a bunch of objects/controls that would REALLY help.

Objects:
custom sign - i'm fed up of making 10ft x 30ft signs out of wooden planks, so a couple of custom signs, prehaps one standard, and one LED computerised scrolling one would go down well
(if you do the scrolling one, please give the option of scrolling across or down, and scroll speed)

custom decorations - decorating the level can be really tedious, so if a bunch of ground, wall, ceiling, or even flying decorations could be put in, that would be great. even if it was just groups of objects already in the game

tiny plank - when your making decorations, or some other stuff, its really annoying to have a small hole where nothing will fit without going over, so something like a really small wooden plank would really help here

extra options for existing objects:
invisible objects - to be able to change the transparency of any object would open up so many possibilities. even if its just visible or invisible

custom weight - instead of spending ages to work out that your see saw needs 3 2k weights, a tractor tyre and a squirrel sign to work just perfectly, being able to adjust the weight of the 2k weight would be really helpful. being able to do this for all objects would be very helpful, but just the one custom weight will do.

adjustable force rotation power/turbine power - in a level i was making, i was trying to get something resonably heavy and big to rotate. the force rotations were absolutely useless, giving it a op speed of about 1rpm, whereas putting 2 jet engines at opposite ends of the circle made it spin wildly out of control.

extra controls:
when you highlight an object, and a free rotation hinge (or force rotation), it would be SO helpful if you could have an option of centering the hinge to the X, Y or Z axis of the object

mass delete/create of wall blocks - deleting and creating wall blocks is painfully slow, so if there was an option of deleting/creating 10 wall blocks in the direction you have selected, that would be immensley helpful

jook13
02-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Great suggestions. I would love to be able to snap objects to the center of another object. Mass deleat of room blocks would be cool, as would preset sizes. I also really like the idea of custom signs.

For the invisible option, cameras are invisible and the rider can ride on them.

I would like the ability to scale the sizes of objects larger or smaller.

I also want to be able to add squirrels to my levels.

rlmergeuser
02-25-2010, 08:41 AM
A lot of good suggestions, next trials will be a big one i thk =)

Before i got hooked on trials, ive been playing EA Skate (1 & 2) everyday since they dropped. (and ill return to the series once skate 3 drops in may, my "trials vacation" ends then) And one of the best features of Skate is the replayeditor you got in the Filmer Pack dlc. This gives us full control of the replaycamera and the ability to upload it to EAs website for further processing. This has lead to a huge community of people making fake skatevideos. this threestep process is the best part of that game; get the tricks, then "film" them in the replayeditor and then make collages on your computer with your best tricks.

Have a look at my videos on my youtube-channel if your interested:http://www.youtube.com/user/l1xz
Or go straight to my latest one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qX3gO_lNCc

For Trials, the filming of tricks dont apply, but a lot of the players are uploading the current replays using cap cards etc. (controlling the replay camera could make for some very cool and interesting shots in Trials aswell) how about giving us a replayeditor and the ability to uplaod trackreplays to a RedLynx-server? In this editor id like to have options for turning the "screendata" on and off (the buttons and stick movements, the rest is not needed at all), and maybe a basic timeline for placing camera placement markers and possibly speedchange markers.

other than that id like to join the choir crying for custom track leaderboards. thats essential to get more people to start making tracks. and a real brake, not the reverse we have now.

thanks for a great game btw, its genious

http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

rlmergeuser
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM
jook: i know the cameras are invisible, but they build up the room complexity, and object count, very quickly. also, they cant have physics on.

with just invisible wood you could make an invisible elevator, or an invisible rocky bridge, both of which you cant with the cameras. (and it took me about 30 seconds to think of them, so imagine what else could be done if some thought was put to it)

*edit*
to avoid double posting i'll add my next suggestion here.

one thing i'd really like is a localised gravity modifier, so that i can make the gravity pull you downwards in one section of the level, but pull you sideways in another.
(having this as a square tool would be REALLY helpful)

*2nd edit*
still no more posts, so i'm editing my next suggestion in here again

something that has cropped in a thread a little below this is the 200 track limit. i know you have this in place because it would take forever to preload any more tracks, but how about this:

one save area where a limit of 100-200 tracks will automatically be preloaded
another save area where the game will not preload the track, or do anything with it other than recognise its existance. and for this area to be able to store as many tracks as you can fit on the HDD.
obviously, you would need to be able to transfer tracks between the two areas, but other than that, i wouldnt see a problem with it

rlmergeuser
03-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if this idea has been brought up in regards to the sought after multi-player option. My thought was it would be great if you could handicap the multiplayer races, either an auto handicap given through global rankings or a manually entered handicap. For instance I have gone far beyond my friends ranks that I started playing the game with, but it would be fun if we could race giving staggered starts to have some fun competitive races. I have no clue on the technology or even if this is feasible, but I do think it would be a great addition.

rlmergeuser
03-03-2010, 02:33 AM
I think messing with the controls and overall gameplay style would ruin the game for me... If it ain't broke don't fix it, and Trials HD plays so great i couldn't imagine why they would want to change the feel of the game.

Some of these ideas i liked

. Someone mentioned custom split times which would be very cool. You could choose a friend or someone from the leaderboards and use their split times instead of the time of your best run on that particular track to race against
. Having a full spectrum of colors to use on your rider, bike and objects as well would be nice
. I would also like to see separate leaderboards for races, skill games, and tournies, and then an overall leaderboard with everything combined.

I'm pretty sure these were all mentioned already, but these are some things that i think would improve the game without changing it

sebastianaalton
03-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I think messing with the controls and overall gameplay style would ruin the game for me... If it ain't broke don't fix it, and Trials HD plays so great i couldn't imagine why they would want to change the feel of the game.
Simple controls and physics based gameplay are pillars of the Trials game series. So, no steering or 6 different trick buttons in the future Trials games either http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
03-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Simple controls and physics based gameplay are pillars of the Trials game series. So, no steering or 6 different trick buttons in the future Trials games either http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I'd go even further than that and say that the game's simple structure is part of its appeal too. Some people have suggested things like a career mode and bike upgrades. I'm really not sure these would be a good idea. The challenges within the Trials formula are more than enough already. You can chase strive for faultless runs, platinum medals, improved track times, or mess around on the minigames. This is perfect as it is. If you introduce bike tinkering and other forms of progression you run the risk of upsetting the franchise's delicately simple gameplay balance which is arguably its greatest strength.

The only area of the game i believe could safely be made more complex without it being detrimental to the gameplay is in reference to player performance. The inclusion of plenty of gameplay statistics, graphs, and ways of tracking the player's progress and improving their ability could only be beneficial to the experience. Trials does not need any gimmicks in order to improve the quality of the product. Any new additions should focus largely on the game's existing strengths. So, for example, giving the player access to a huge number of graphs and charts which catalogue their top track times, average track times, top speed, average speed, and areas where they are most likely to crash would be incredibly useful and interesting. These graphs and charts could then be cross-referenced with another racer from the leaderboard or player's friendlist in order to establish where improvements could be made. You can never have too many graphs and statistics on a game like Trials.

Another potentially nice but simple inclusion may be to give the player the ability to halve or quarter the number of checkpoints which are on the levels. If the default amount was 20, the player could reduce this to 10, 5, or perhaps even 0. This would effectively eliminate every other checkpoint, and allow the player to practice levels broken down into bigger segments.

rlmergeuser
03-04-2010, 09:19 PM
For the love of God Plz Plz Plz just put a tournament reset button in, so that when you fault and it says press b to return to last checkpoint put an awkward button that you wouldnt hit at that time in to reset the tournament, why when you've made the game so simple and appealing do I have to quit the tournament and re start the whole thing again? Yes its only a few button taps but when you want a perfect run and no faults some of us regular faulters need this feature to save the controller from flying through the tv...

HoorayItsMike
03-04-2010, 09:36 PM
For the love of God Plz Plz Plz just put a tournament reset button in, so that when you fault and it says press b to return to last checkpoint put an awkward button that you wouldnt hit at that time in to reset the tournament, why when you've made the game so simple and appealing do I have to quit the tournament and re start the whole thing again? Yes its only a few button taps but when you want a perfect run and no faults some of us regular faulters need this feature to save the controller from flying through the tv...

They won't ever do this. First off, I've done hundreds if not thousands of restarts on tournaments and I've never once had the need to throw my controller somewhere because it took 3 seconds to restart a tournament. Yes, sometimes it is annoying, but it is DEFINITELY worth not having it. Maybe you haven't experienced it, but I've had a LOT of times where I accidentally hit the back button instead of the B button and I have to restart a whole course over. Many of my friends have had to do the same thing. Also, they can't just put it in the first course because every single course in a tournament NEEDS to work in the exact same way. It's just the way it has to be.

However, I would think it's possible that in a future Trials game they would add a Restart Tournament from the menu. I don't know if there would be a confirmation option or not, but it's a possibility.

rlmergeuser
03-04-2010, 09:51 PM

They won't ever do this. First off, I've done hundreds if not thousands of restarts on tournaments and I've never once had the need to throw my controller somewhere because it took 3 seconds to restart a tournament. Yes, sometimes it is annoying, but it is DEFINITELY worth not having it. Maybe you haven't experienced it, but I've had a LOT of times where I accidentally hit the back button instead of the B button and I have to restart a whole course over. Many of my friends have had to do the same thing. Also, they can't just put it in the first course because every single course in a tournament NEEDS to work in the exact same way. It's just the way it has to be.

However, I would think it's possible that in a future Trials game they would add a Restart Tournament from the menu. I don't know if there would be a confirmation option or not, but it's a possibility.

Hey thanks for the reply, well I've seen plenty of people suggesting the same thing and I have never seen a formal reply to this. I didnt mean use a button in normal riding but on the menu that appears as soon as you first fault (or any fault) where it says press the b button to return to your last checkpoint, just pop it in there? You may not find it annoying but I definately do, especially when I return to a normal track and cant help hitting start to reset the track.. I know what tournament I want, I know what bike I want why re-input that information everytime I make a fault!

rlmergeuser
03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
once again, heres a list of things from me:

items:
- spotlight + invisible spotlight: i've been making a portal map, and i couldnt get the lighting effect i wanted for the portals themsleves because the lights lit up too big an area, so something with an adjustable light size would be awesome

- laser light: basically a light where its spot is really small, and doesnt change size with distance

- bullet: when trying to make the turrets, the closest thing i could find to a bullet was the arrow sign. needless to say, it doesnt really look the part

- portals: ok, its a big ask, but it would be really big fun, and it would bring about SO many possibilities. i somehow doubt you could bring these in though, as a huge amount of the game would need to be rewritten

tools/effects:
- initial velocity selector + velocity changer: when physics is activated, to be able to say that the object starts at 15m/s going up and right would give us so many more things we could do. i came across this problem when trying to make bullets, and wound up using the old lock to driving line trick to give it the speed i wanted.
also, for an object to go through a trigger, and to be able to cange its current speed + direction would be AWESOME, and bring even more possibilities.

jonofthejungle9
03-09-2010, 02:53 AM
I got another one for the suggestions box:
When you d/load custom tracks, and scroll down to someones name and thier list of tracks, and then back out, why do you have to go to the top of the list each time?
It would make it easier if you could back out to where you came in. I have around 60 friends with tracks, so its a long list to go through 1 at a time especially when you start at the top after each one.

Another suggestion would be to have a database of tracks online where anyone with the game could upload or get tracks from. Instead of requesting friends requests out all the time.

rlmergeuser
03-10-2010, 04:59 PM
heres another little one from me that could really help the editors make much longer/more decorated levels.

all i ask (this time) is to be able to create tournaments out of your custom tracks.
lets say you wanted to make a portal level, but kept hitting the object limit. what you could do is make it into 3 seperate levels that can be downloaded individually, but also have a tournament available in your shared tracks which just plays these three tracks in whatever order you want.

(i'm hardly talking from experience her atall, lol)

ben1bob
03-11-2010, 12:21 PM
The inclusion of plenty of gameplay statistics, graphs, and ways of tracking the player's progress and improving their ability could only be beneficial to the experience. Trials does not need any gimmicks in order to improve the quality of the product. Any new additions should focus largely on the game's existing strengths. So, for example, giving the player access to a huge number of graphs and charts which catalogue their top track times, average track times, top speed, average speed, and areas where they are most likely to crash would be incredibly useful and interesting. These graphs and charts could then be cross-referenced with another racer from the leaderboard or player's friendlist in order to establish where improvements could be made. You can never have too many graphs and statistics on a game like Trials.

i LOVE stats so i'm 100% behind this one. the only reason i kept on playing GTA4 for more than 2 weeks was the ridiculously massive stat pages. best stats ever for a GTA game, but sadly the worst GTA game to date!

Ajuvix
03-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I love this game. I love how fast I can jump in and out of tracks, instantly reset, etc. Adding each new feature takes away from the simplicity of the game. I applaud the developers for making those sacrifices because its a better game for it. Aside from the that, the custom tracks are a mind blowing extra. I like the restraints attached to this feature too. If anyone could download it from a server, they might get a glitchy version that I haven't fixed yet. If they are on my friends list I can notify everyone whats happening. Otherwise, I could be getting a flood of friend requests or messages. As it is, I get 4 or 5 FR daily. Also, its "my" track, and I like having control over who gets them. I would like to see a leaderboard for the custom tracks. You don't even get the red/green stopwatch under the fault and total time. Logging scores on Trials HD.net is better than nothing I guess.

ben1bob
03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
You don't even get the red/green stopwatch under the fault and total time.

yup, weird how that isn't included.

rlmergeuser
03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
its been a while since i did this, but i have accidentally hit the restart track button (back button) a bunch of times during my runs. (it is very close the the left analogstick) i really love the fact that threres no loading on this game and that restarting a checkpoint using the B button is instant, but for restarting the track all together, theres should have been a warning, or checkup question like "Are you sure? Yes or No". this would require only one more button to hit for each trackrestart.

rlmergeuser
03-20-2010, 01:51 AM
I read through this entire thread and I can't believe there aren't more requests for this but this game is just screaming out for a local multiplayer mode.

I know suggesting Split-Screen racing is practically taboo in this age of "HD" gaming (and a major pet peave of mine) so I'll forget that all together for the time being. Fine, what this needs is some alternating turn, pass the controller gametypes to play. Just like you would do in say the Flatout games.

This has all the makings of an epic party game.... now make it so dammit! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

rlmergeuser
03-20-2010, 05:39 PM
I am seriously concerned that people will lose interest in this most amazing and deep game, so I have some points that needs to be taken into concideration. This will extend the life of the game and maybe even sell a lot more for the interests of greater audiences.

Local Split-screen - Use the Gamertags bike and have one bike on each screen, but it is not there in the other screen. Or make it possible to copy entire tracks. This should also be possible with custom tracks. (This is a feature that casual players will appreciate because it's just start and play with a friend in the sofa.)

Multiplayer - The multiplayer part could contain each players bike but you cannot collide with the player. This should also be possible with custom tracks. (This will create a very more face to face challenge for both casual and hardcore players.)

Sharing - A network for sharing tracks this is highly required. This would probably extend the life of the game tremendously. (This will improve the sales to casual player that just plays a map once and has no concern for leaderboards.)

Track Rating - A track rating system and a review system. A "Creator's Description" would probably be much appreciated by the creators. Also there should be different tabs like in the game marketplace "New Arrivals" "Top Rated" "Best Reviews" "Best Reviewers Favorite Tracks". (This will ensure that the good tracks gets played and the bad ones, skipped. And the reviewers rating would ensure that good reviewers get credit for putting their heart and soul into writing a review about a track.)

Custom Track Leaderboard - This should be available. (This will open up the online sharing more for hardcore players.)

Objects - Maybe new monthly objects for a small fee so it does not get old to create awesome and fun tracks. Perhaps you should pay to unlock the feature to acctually use it to make tracks. Otherwise only a handfull would be able to play the tracks. (This is not completly necysary but it would drive the community and you developers would get some monthly cash.)

Original Tracks - Underground has to be fixed. And cleared of all exploiters. (This is bothersome.)

Tracks Editor - In the track maker something that counts object so you don't accidentially make to many objects and then have to remove like half or more for 30 minutes. (This is incredibly annoying, happened to me yesterday when making a track, and has happened several times before.)

Bike - All colors should be available on all things. (Would just make more sence.)

Everyone that think this is valid points please write that you agree. Or send a P.M. to a developer if you know one or know how to send to them. This will show Redlynx that people will pay for better content and will ensure the continuation of a game that should never be forgotten!

Best regards everyone!

rlmergeuser
03-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Well if anything my interest in Trials has gone up over time but you do make some nice suggestions.

Real Mulitplayer on Xbox live. I'm sure the Developers must know how incredibly popular that would be and if you combine that with the user created track server you take TrialsHD to an entire new level.

Bike Customization.

One of the reasons Forza 3 was such a hit is the amazing levels of car customisation.
You don't have the same space to work with on a bike so Trials can never match that BUT greatly expanding the colours (mettalic etc.) and the parts that can be sprayed would be a start.
And if the Developers want to go further then far more bikes would be the next obvious step.
They don't need to have wildly different handling characteristics, just a bigger choice with perhaps far more 'unlockable' bikes to spur the player on. (which isn't to rule out some more unusual bikes to include like the Micro Donkey was. A few classic bikes or racing bikes could be a good) Though you could also have things like unlockable 'rims' with different wheels, tanks, headlights etc .

Biker Customization

And the other major customisable is of course the biker himself.
Different helmets shirts boots jackets etc. you could go far further with the biker as customising avatars is always popular.
The most radical thing would be to somehow transfer or 'convert' your XBOX avatars to a useable Biker but that's probably way too complex and difficult to implement sadly.

This matters because this is a game that players watch the replays on and and the replays of others too.
Having a unique Bike and Rider counts.

And if we do get live real multiplayer racing in a new Trials game it would count even more.

rlmergeuser
03-22-2010, 04:28 PM
me again. got a few more:

insane difficulty tracks: for the top riders, even inferno, or diabolica dont provide a huge challenge to get through. what would be great is to have some tracks of a similar difficulty to the ones in the ninja tournament to really test the top riders. just 3 or 4 would be great.
(i know i'm far from the top, but even i dont find getting through diabolica or inferno 2 that hard - 5 faults would be a bad run for me in either of them)

Video Guides: for some of the hard tracks, all of the extreme tracks and (if included) all of the insane tracks, it would be great to have a video guide showing the easiest method(s) of getting past each obsticle. also, i would hope for a commentary, or some annotations to show what the rider is doing, and when, and prehaps in slow motion too
also, if someone finds a really simple way of getting through an obsticle that there isnt a video guide for, to be able to submit your replay, and for someone to add this to the video guides

rlmergeuser
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
me again. got a few more:

insane difficulty tracks: for the top riders, even inferno, or diabolica dont provide a huge challenge to get through. what would be great is to have some tracks of a similar difficulty to the ones in the ninja tournament to really test the top riders. just 3 or 4 would be great.
(i know i'm far from the top, but even i dont find getting through diabolica or inferno 2 that hard - 5 faults would be a bad run for me in either of them)

Video Guides: for some of the hard tracks, all of the extreme tracks and (if included) all of the insane tracks, it would be great to have a video guide showing the easiest method(s) of getting past each obsticle. also, i would hope for a commentary, or some annotations to show what the rider is doing, and when, and prehaps in slow motion too
also, if someone finds a really simple way of getting through an obsticle that there isnt a video guide for, to be able to submit your replay, and for someone to add this to the video guides

Why would we have Video Guides? We have replays, thats enough..There is no substitute for practice and no amount of someone explaining how to do it can replace that.

The idea of Ninja difficulty is ok but just "getting to the end" should only be hard at first for any track..After a while you should be always able to get through it, it then becomes about going faster with less (or zero) faults.
After a while even the Ninja tracks wouldn't be that hard for the average player to get through with enough practice..Doing them in 0 faults in fast time, well thats another story.

As for suggestions...Please RedLynx if there is a sequel, don't change too much. So many devs have tryed to make there sequel games "better" by filling it with heaps of pointless stuff when they didn't need to. You really just need to build of the strengths of this already very solid game. As far as physics and handling goes I honestly don't think it could be much better. Things like replays could be expanded on so you could view a run from multiple angles or even "helmet cam". Thats one suggestion I can think of anyway which would be cool to me.

rlmergeuser
03-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Reply in quote

Why would we have Video Guides? We have replays, thats enough. There is no substitute for practice and no amount of someone explaining how to do it can replace that.

the reason i thought video guides would be good is because the top replays are about as much use as a chocolate teapot for someone just trying the track, as most of the fastest runs take advantage of the speed they have coming out of the previous obsticle.
Also, they dont always take the easiest route - they take the fastest route.
however, i do know what you mean - there's no substitute for practice, but for a beginner, being pointed in the right direction would really help

The idea of Ninja difficulty is ok but just "getting to the end" should only be hard at first for any track. After a while you should be always able to get through it, it then becomes about going faster with less (or zero) faults.
After a while even the Ninja tracks wouldn't be that hard for the average player to get through with enough practice. Doing them in 0 faults in fast time, well thats another story.

have you tried the tracks in the ninja tourney?
also, i was kinda hoping for a few tracks for riders who find the extremes pretty easy to pass with very few faults, so that the time was barely a factor for the track even for riders at that level.

rlmergeuser
03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Reply in quote

Why would we have Video Guides? We have replays, thats enough. There is no substitute for practice and no amount of someone explaining how to do it can replace that.

the reason i thought video guides would be good is because the top replays are about as much use as a chocolate teapot for someone just trying the track, as most of the fastest runs take advantage of the speed they have coming out of the previous obsticle.
Also, they dont always take the easiest route - they take the fastest route.
however, i do know what you mean - there's no substitute for practice, but for a beginner, being pointed in the right direction would really help

The idea of Ninja difficulty is ok but just "getting to the end" should only be hard at first for any track. After a while you should be always able to get through it, it then becomes about going faster with less (or zero) faults.
After a while even the Ninja tracks wouldn't be that hard for the average player to get through with enough practice. Doing them in 0 faults in fast time, well thats another story.

have you tried the tracks in the ninja tourney?
also, i was kinda hoping for a few tracks for riders who find the extremes pretty easy to pass with very few faults, so that the time was barely a factor for the track even for riders at that level.

Yeah it is pointless for a beginner to watch replays at the top for tips but there is nothing stopping them watching one closer to their level..Im not saying your idea is terrible, its just I feel that this game is really about finding out for yourself from doing things over and over..The replays are really just for bragging rights imo but can be somewhat helpful if someone manages to find a new technique for a certain obstacle. All I know is when I try to help my mate out with this game (not online, I actually am with him when he is playing) it doesn't matter how many times I show him how to do something or explain the control method he just doesn't get it until he has tryed himself over and over..lol its actually really hard for me to watch him fault for the 100th time in a row trying to clear the 2 angled pallets on Inferno and it kills him when I pick it up and do it so easily, but thats only because he got the game 2 weeks ago and I have been playing non-stop since release. Thats my point about practicing for yourself. You will get there eventually without tutorials, thats part of the fun.

Yeah I have played some of the Ninja Tracks and they are VERY tough, no doubt but with practice they could be done consistently..Its just hard to practice them when there is no leaderboard and record of your best time, but if they were in the game, people would hammer them and get alot better at them. I see what you mean though about a single track that would have to played more in the style of a tournament.

sebastianaalton
03-23-2010, 05:44 AM
As for suggestions...Please RedLynx if there is a sequel, don't change too much. So many devs have tryed to make there sequel games "better" by filling it with heaps of pointless stuff when they didn't need to. You really just need to build of the strengths of this already very solid game. As far as physics and handling goes I honestly don't think it could be much better. Things like replays could be expanded on so you could view a run from multiple angles or even "helmet cam". Thats one suggestion I can think of anyway which would be cool to me.
If you have played the earlier games in Trials-series you know that each game is an evolution of the concept, not something radically new and different. While Trials HD is a great game, there are still lots of new things that can be introduced to the series and old things that can be further improved. Your "helmet cam" idea was already present in Trials 2 Second Edition. That game had huge amount of different camera modes and lots of small less important features. Trials HD is a much more focused game than Trials 2 SE. HD includes only a handful of features, but all of them are really well finetuned and polished. I think we managed really well to get the core idea of the game series included in HD with no extra strings attached. Now that the core features/ideas are already really well implemented, we have the possibility to add new features that support the main idea and enhance it even further. I completely agree with you, it would be just stupid to radically change the really well working game core in the future.

Our views on how to develop the Trials-series further is much in line with the ideas seen in this thread. The editor and level sharing aspects are key features in the future as well (even more so than currently). Boosting up the competition between players is another thing. Online competition is already the most important feature of the game, and there are many of ways to improve it even further.

This idea was actually already discussed for Trials HD, but recording a video of us passing every single obstacle in the game and teaching how to pass it would have taken a lot of development time. It's possible, but requires lots of work (you have to remember that the game will be localized for 10+ languages). Voice instructed tutorial tracks would also be a great addition to new players.

rlmergeuser
03-23-2010, 08:17 AM
not sure if its brought up, but i miss a place online to check tracktimes and scores.

rlmergeuser
04-06-2010, 11:33 AM
for once, this is a suggestion for the site, and not for the game

my idea comes straight from the forza motorsport 3 forums, and is, when you send/recieve a private message, instead of it being seperate messages, which can get confusing (especially with more than one going at a time), could each private conversation be formatted as a seperate thread that only the people in it can read/have access to?

(mods, if you want to know what i'm on about, go to http://www.forzamotorsport.net, log in (its uses your windows live id), and send me a random pm)

Willyums
04-06-2010, 05:17 PM
seems cheeky asking for improvements to the best game on the arcade by far... although i do have a few. a ranked multiplayer mode similar to HORSE, a difficulty after the extremes (where platinums may even allow a fault or 2) and the crucial user-created leaderboards and replays. no control/handling changes needed imo, theyre spot on.

ben1bob
04-07-2010, 02:42 PM
if there is an online live multiplayer feature in Trials HD 2 then i only ask one thing :

that people who quit get the loss on their records, and the winner gets the ranking points.

multiplayer games drive me nuts when you're on the verge of winning, your opponent quits cos they know they're gonna lose, and you don't get a W on your record or any rankings points!!

jonofthejungle9
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
if there is an online live multiplayer feature in Trials HD 2 then i only ask one thing :

that people who quit get the loss on their records, and the winner gets the ranking points.

multiplayer games drive me nuts when you're on the verge of winning, your opponent quits cos they know they're gonna lose, and you don't get a W on your record or any rankings points!!

This is the reason I never finished the achievements on Magic the gathering. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_ugeek.gif

rlmergeuser
04-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Tourny and Contest forums

We need a space for them, there's alot of sticky threads in the general forum, you can put up a tournament section under the announcement forum, plus it would make them easier to find.

It could go in the general forum jus under annoucements or possibley be it's own forum like the ones here (http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26)

Willyums
04-09-2010, 03:11 AM
I read through this entire thread and I can't believe there aren't more requests for this but this game is just screaming out for a local multiplayer mode.

I know suggesting Split-Screen racing is practically taboo in this age of "HD" gaming (and a major pet peave of mine) so I'll forget that all together for the time being.

I think splitscreen multiplayer is a great idea not just locally but online too, maybe a trueskill ranking system for us competitive gamers. A ranked multiplayer leaderboard would really show the consistantly brilliant riders amongst us, not to mention increase replay value even more http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

ben1bob
04-12-2010, 12:52 PM
i have a forum suggestion.

it's a pretty simple one really but it'd brighten the place up a bit... more smilies. some of those mad ones but none of the insulting ones, of course.

examples :

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/cheer.gif
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-toilet14.gif
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif

^^ i don't what the last 2 refer to but they are just examples http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/drums.gif

lespritdelescal
04-13-2010, 06:50 PM

*cough*gears2*cough* http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Back a bit to the video replay discussion. Even when I was a newer rider, there were elements of the top runs that I found extremely helpful. There was a time (WAY back) where I thought that the further I go in the air, the better my run will be, but replays helped me sort that out. They also taught me to set goals for certain obstacles. If I could hit an obstacle the same way as they could, I knew that I would be improving my time, even if it was just half a second or something.

As many of you know, I've also posted platinum replays from most of the tracks in the game on youtube. I get comments almost every day from people saying that the replays helped someone with something. They aren't even tutorials, but just the raw video from the game.

I totally agree you need to learn some base skills first, but I've probably learned just as much by watching replays.

rlmergeuser
04-13-2010, 10:32 PM
one thing thats always bugged me is replays cut off a second after finish. this sucks for fatalities in videos on youtube. most tracks these days have got a death at the end, but on youtube videos of the replays its all lost. wish on a replay it just continued until you pressed A to end it, or you could press X to begin it from start.

i guess this is for the leaderboard replays? to keep them short? not sure how that works as i know it's just input data that is saved, not a video file. as far as i know the replay could have no end just like your playing the track, it just stays on a motionless rider (the end of the button inputs) but then again i dont know a thing about programming this game.

RetiredRonin
04-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Bike Customization:

I would love to be able to throw some different Handlebars, Fenders, Gas Tanks, Mufflers... whatever on the bike. I wouldn't want it to have different stats for having a different muffler than someone else, but creating the look you want for your bike would be awesome.

The bike already breaks apart on hard impacts/explosions, so I would assume it is already treated as multiple models with parent/child properties. Couldn't separate models for different aspects be relatively easy to add?

Having a full color wheel for individual parts would also be a great addition.

I'm not saying I want MORE bikes, just that I would like MY Phoenix to look differently than yours.

Editor:

Cameras-

I would really like cameras that you can turn on or off with triggers (if this is possible, please PM me and tell me I am an idiot). I had an idea for a track where you drive forward through it while triggers make it change behind you, then hit a reverser and go back the way you came.

With the controls reversed it makes it feel more like a gimmick than a real track, being able to turn off all the cameras on one side, and turn the ones on the opposite side on would make this more of a workable idea.

Gravity/Wind Modifiers-

I would also like to add my endorsement behind the cube shaped gravity/wind modifiers, but I would like these to be scalable by dragging. As is, it's too easy to break a rider's neck because you have too much wind pushing him up.

Having an official reverser would be really cool as well, it could just be a pole with the Trials box/arcade art hanging from it like a flag. When you drive to it's location, the rider drives around it, and then the rider (and controls) get reversed and head in the opposite direction.

It could make tracks seem much larger with a smaller object count.

Editor Controls-

The in game controls for the editor are simple enough for a determined creator to get the hang of quickly.
The amount of control options could be greatly increase (in the advanced editor) if the Left or Right Bumper was removed from it's current roll (what does the right bumper even do?) and made into a "modifier" button.

It would increase editor difficulty, but the amount of options would be nearly doubled.

It could possibly be added to the already available options, so it could be like;

Simple
Advanced
Professional

I would also HIGHLY appreciate a scaling tool for all objects. It would be great to have a whole level inside(or outside) of a trigger-motion activated ball whilst the ball still counts as one object.

Being able to sort objects by material/shape/size would also be a great addition.

Multiple theme sets (why a warehouse?) would allow for more varied track design without making people delete massive amounts of tiles.

Multiplayer:

While many people want this, I think that just adding support for Custom Track Leaderboards would be a great step. Possibly having live "ghosts" so that you could play against your friends in real time would be nice, but at the same time, it could be distracting from the precision needed in some of the tracks.

I would not be disappointed in having 2 player tracks, as I would probably make them cooperative instead of competition based, but it's not all that high on my list of "Wants".

Custom Tournaments:

Being able to set tracks for custom tournaments would be a huge addition to this game, being able to issue invites, set rules, bike availability, and naming the tournament would all be great.

Participating in a tournament would "force" the player to download the tournament much like Custom Tracks do now, but would include all customs in the download.

Custom Track Organization:

Being able to download custom tracks from any player sharing one, regardless of whether or not they are your friends.

Allowing people to download as many tracks as they have storage space for is also needed. I would gladly bear an increased load time in exchange for limitless tracks.

Instead of preloading every track, include a "Scan" option that just reads the drive for available tracks and load this list instead of the individual tracks.

I know I'll think of other things, so I'll edit this post when I do.

Great game guys, I wouldn't change the core of it for anything.

jonofthejungle9
04-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Not sure if this is a new one, but how about a "Trials God" Achievement for bragging rights only.
O gamer points, but the sign of a true master - for platinum in every single event!
That would give a few people the urge to go beond gold in everything (100%) and get 110%!
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
This is a periphery thing, but I think it would be cool to have a much deeper/varied selection of stock music to chose from (maybe 20-30 quality songs) where a particular tune that suits your custom track could then be tagged to that track before sharing. I didn't realize how much the correct music fleshes out a track until I watched some of the videos that have been created. It could be done inexpensively as well, as I'm sure there are a number of talented people (of which I am not a part) on the forum that would happily churn out reams of quality content for little more than a special thanks and a hoodie. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

I know the 360 has a custom soundtrack option, but it has to be actively managed, and your music can't be shared with a custom track or even tagged to specific tracks for use only on your local machine. If nothing else it would be cool to have the game automatically link specific Trials tracks to specific songs on your hard-drive and play them together automatically once assigned. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

rlmergeuser
04-20-2010, 09:15 PM
On the subject of sound I play Trials usually listening to something else like Radio/Comedy but I still like to hear the bike engine. I hope the Trials creators up the fidelity and use sampling to create the most realistic bike noises for the next game and have echo/spacial effects to modify the engine noise depending on where the bike is. (outdoors or in a tight tunnel cramped section etc.) More ambient sound effects/tyre screeching/scraping/crashes/interaction with scenery sounds would be great too.

Finally the whoops and yells should be expanded for the biker with context sensitive ones for doing tricky parts and record times/silver gold platinum medals etc. and different ones for levels of spectacular crashes/fails.

Yes I know that's asking for a great deal but these are only suggestions and sound can really draw you into a game.
(For example play Dead Space to see just how effective sound can be in a game)

ben1bob
04-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Not sure if this is a new one, but how about a "Trials God" Achievement for bragging rights only.
O gamer points, but the sign of a true master - for platinum in every single event!
That would give a few people the urge to go beond gold in everything (100%) and get 110%!
http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

i've always wondered why there was no cheevo for platinuming everything actually. or for 100%ing (golding) everything in the game.

rlmergeuser
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
how about matchmaking for trials hd

rlmergeuser
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
how about matchmaking for trials hd

sebastianaalton
04-24-2010, 08:06 AM
i've always wondered why there was no cheevo for platinuming everything actually. or for 100%ing (golding) everything in the game.
The original Ultimate Endurance achievement already caused countless angry emails and forum posts towards us. Around 0.01% of the players got the achievement. Imagine an achievement even harder. Many players are completionists, and they want to have 100% shown in their game stats page (counted by the achievements passed). Even if the ultra hard achievement was 0 gamer points, it would still prevent 99.99% of the player base getting 100% completion of the game.

lespritdelescal
04-24-2010, 08:33 PM
The original Ultimate Endurance achievement already caused countless angry emails and forum posts towards us. Around 0.01% of the players got the achievement. Imagine an achievement even harder. Many players are completionists, and they want to have 100% shown in their game stats page (counted by the achievements passed). Even if the ultra hard achievement was 0 gamer points, it would still prevent 99.99% of the player base getting 100% completion of the game.
i'm guessing there's probably under 1000 people with 100% completion.

jook13
04-24-2010, 08:39 PM
How many people you reckon have 100% achievements in guitar hero 3? Some of those achievements have got to be tougher than the original marathon.

johnsalis
04-25-2010, 02:57 AM
I have some suggestions:

- The ability to change the settings for the default camera in custom tracks. This would make things much easier when creating a '1 bit trip' track.

- The ability to change the color and brightness for the headlight on the bike. Good for '1 bit trip' tracks when you want to turn off the headlight.

- The creator's gamertag attached automatically to all custom tracks and being able to sort the list by difficulty, track type, creator, date, etc.

- A menu where you can choose the dimensions of the wall blocks when starting a new track. (20x5x3 for example)

Sorry if any of this has been mentioned already.

lespritdelescal
04-25-2010, 03:54 AM
How many people you reckon have 100% achievements in guitar hero 3? Some of those achievements have got to be tougher than the original marathon.
I agree. I only have about 25 - 30% of the achievements in any of the guitar hero games, and I can play almost all the songs on expert. If there is in fact new DLC in the works, maybe we'll get a tough achievement with that one. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

ben1bob
05-05-2010, 04:26 PM

maybe it's just me but i don't think getting 100% (Golding everything) is THAT hard. Platinuming everything is only for the true Trials addicts, but Golding everything isn't overly tough for someone who enjoys the game. it's a natural progression. maybe i'm wrong and not many people have even Golded everything but it's hard to know without stats.

i can see where RedLynx are coming from though. cheevo-hunters view arcade games as a good way to get some achievements and if they were too hard, the cheevo-hunters would pass up on buying. so, essentially, this is all about the money i suppose. and i'm all for RedLynx getting wads of cash. more cash = more likelihood (sp?) of us still getting Trials games in 20 years time... http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

man, these achievements cause more trouble that they're worth. i don't normally bother with achievements. i think i've only 100%'d 2 games, this and Fight Night.

eH reH eH reH
05-06-2010, 06:22 AM
I was just watching the beginning of this video and thought it would be a cool option to only have the back wheel. Maybe something to add into this game or the next. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrkoop6h6Y&feature=related

RetiredRonin
05-06-2010, 06:46 AM
I was just watching the beginning of this video and thought it would be a cool option to only have the back wheel. Maybe something to add into this game or the next. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrkoop6h6Y&feature=related

Screw loose? Isn't that the skill game where the front wheel falls off?

Is basically the same concept, no?

eH reH eH reH
05-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Screw loose? Isn't that the skill game where the front wheel falls off?

Is basically the same concept, no? yeah, but if you had no front wheel it would change your balance, and it would be cool to turn it off and on for any track.

MurdocLoch
05-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Suggestion: Global Time + Faults Leaderboards for all tracks combined http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Daigoro-
05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
im guessing it may have been mentioned, but i think the leaderboards could really benefit from having a date/time stamp next to your ranking on the board.

i know a few games have them and its fun to see the amount of time that a good rank has lasted on the boards.

rlmergeuser
05-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Suggestion: Global Time + Faults Leaderboards for all tracks combined http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_biggrin.gif

yes, i would LOVE a race track only global leaderboard http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

MurdocLoch
05-12-2010, 07:54 AM

yes, i would LOVE a race track only global leaderboard http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

I'm talking about global leaderboards for time instead of points - combine the time and faults for all tracks to determine rank http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

rlmergeuser
05-12-2010, 07:56 AM

I'm talking about global leaderboards for time instead of points - combine the time and faults for all tracks to determine rank http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_wink.gif

that;s an even better idea http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

rlmergeuser
05-12-2010, 12:44 PM
The reason why the global ranking is points instead of time is that the time ranking would make all the long and hard tracks much more meaningful on the ranking. By scaling the time of all the tracks to the same score range we force good players to play the easier levels too.