PDA

View Full Version : REDLYNX make level sharing EASIER!!!

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Please why do we only get to share levels on our own friendslist? Theres going to be SO MANY talented people makng insane boards and I wonder if Ill ever get to download any. There needs to be some kind of menu that hold user created and APPROVED by moderator levels. Im not saying all levels need to be up for grabs from anyone but the best of the best need to be availible to we the loyal trials players IMHO. Any thoughts?

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 06:46 AM
Agreed, the current system is far from ideal. How come far cry gets to share its user created maps with everyone?

sebastianaalton
08-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Agreed, the current system is far from ideal. How come far cry gets to share its user created maps with everyone?
Far Cry is a full priced AAA box retail game. Most likely they have their own Xbox Live game server network to support it.

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 08:13 AM
is there any way to have a leaderboard for the most popular custom levels or something like the one in lode runner?

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 08:16 AM
AT LEAST Redlynx has to take some submissions, or hold regular contests, for tracks and offer them up as DLC (FREE PLZ http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif )

QcChopper
08-13-2009, 09:24 AM
AT LEAST Redlynx has to take some submissions, or hold regular contests, for tracks and offer them up as DLC (FREE PLZ http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif )

Agree on this, we should be able to release the rights of our own tracks so that everybody can enjoy them, friend or no friend.

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
sure it would be great too have a track sharing like far cry and halo but isnt we asking too much from an arcade title then but atleast scoreboards on custom tracks would be nice

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Given it's an arcade title - and not 39.99 then I think we'll be stuck with the sharing feature via friends only. Shame, as I'd pay extra for a global track sharing feature.

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 06:04 PM
I would love this as well, but RedLynx doesn't have a big server park like EA or Ubisoft do.

This is why we cant share levels between non friends.

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Well I really hope they look into any and every option here. The game is amazing, it just needs to get away from the friend's list sharing system.

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Agreed as my friends list is getting rather full~

What do I do RedLynx if my friends list does get full?..
Then what?..

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Hopefully the best user created levels get released to the general public. (free?)

I'd pay extra, a lot extra for a dedicated server for sharing levels globally.

rlmergeuser
08-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Hopefully the best user created levels get released to the general public. (free?)

I'd pay extra, a lot extra for a dedicated server for sharing levels globally.

same id be willing to pay extra to get global level sharing

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 02:44 AM
I'm sure Redlynx will release at least one track pack for free, along with some premium ones. That's what Metanet did with N+ at least.

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Come on guys do you realize how many units they've sold already and are gonna sell? Im sure theyll have enough cash and reason to want to get themselves a big 'ol server! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 04:24 AM
I agree 2 days and 60000 downloads that's something

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 09:19 AM
...not to mention now many more they would seel if there was true level sharing.

and to say simply that "this is only an xbox arcade game" is a bit of a copout. firstly, its one of the more expensive ones. in my opinion, there really isnt a lot of content for 1200 points. don't get me wrong, i think the game itself it really fantastic, but there isnt a lot of value in the package, with the friends-only sharing. for 1200 points, its pretty ****ty to only be able to share with friends.

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 09:40 AM
...not to mention now many more they would seel if there was true level sharing.

and to say simply that "this is only an xbox arcade game" is a bit of a copout. firstly, its one of the more expensive ones. in my opinion, there really isnt a lot of content for 1200 points. don't get me wrong, i think the game itself it really fantastic, but there isnt a lot of value in the package, with the friends-only sharing. for 1200 points, its pretty ****ty to only be able to share with friends.

LOL its $15! Thats 3 meals at Burger King (or 2, depending on what you order)! There isn't alot of content? There's like 50 something tracks including the mini-games! There's detailed leaderboards for everything including replays for the top 100 or so! Just because you finish a stage doesn't mean you're through with it. You've gotta do it again with less mistakes! Master the technique! Get gold medals on every track and stay ahead of the competition! This game is already worth more than $15, the user generated stuff is just sprinkles on the icing on the cake. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 10:36 AM
the point is, its still more than most xbox live arcade games.

also, i realize that its from a smaller company, and they can say whatever about the cost of servers and whatnot, but a game like this NEEDS to have some kind of global level sharing system. its absolutely unacceptable the way it is now. i dont mean to be overly harsh, and i truly love the game, but they need to get on top of this.

its not like every level has to always be getting shared. i mean, a single level can't take up THAT much space. just put up say, the 10,000 highest rated/most popular levels, and frequently delete the crappy ones and get rid of space being taken up by things that nobody downloads.you guys mean to tell me we really need 5000 ******* replays for every level in the game?! having a global level share would make this game HUGE.

the average person is not going to go to the trouble of going on looking through forums, and adding friends and doing all this workaround **** just to be able to do that this game should do in the first place.

at the very least, could there be some way of having a developers gamertag that could 'host' peoples levels? how many other peoples levels can you download, or is there a limit? you could have a gamertag set up that people could befriend, get all the levels, and then defriend it. though thats really annoying and there would have to be someone constantly, actively downloading levels from other people as well.

you guys need, NEED to do this. if there was level sharing like there is in LBP, you would sell 10 times more copies of this thing

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
or, i read in another thread, that only the original creater of a level could share that level. is that right?

a simple way to not quite get around the sharing problems would be to build in a 'created by:' credit. i assume you cant edit levels that youve gotten from other people right?

if everyone could share whatever levels theyve downloaded, then a lot more levels would get around a lot faster, and everyone would know who created each one (not only for crediting the right person, but also adding them as a friend and seeing what new levels theyve done)

this is a pretty simple solution, and it could really make a huge difference, without having a whole global sharing system

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 12:49 PM
any chance of being able to share other peoples levels? give the creators an option to allow or disallow the feature, then we can have hub like gamertag which you add to access tracks, and the hub tag owner downloads other tracks for people to use

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I hate being negative in any way about Trials HD it really is brilliant. But I agree with the comments here there really needs to be a global sharing system and trial times too. This would be a pretty major change to the game though.. I suspect Trials HD II:(

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 01:12 PM
People need to understand that certain limitation are set by Microsoft.
For instance the 100FL thingy is Microsoft fault.

Anyone ever done a Microsoft Xbox360 TRC test? you'd be suprise to see some of the dumb stuff they ask.

Dont blame RedLynx, blame Microsoft and that also includes, Sony and Nintendo. they are really stuck ups with their requirements that manages to end up in some limitation.

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Lets say MS would be willing to sponsor some server capacity for this game for global sharing... (imagine shared levels with rating and leaderboard support ....ok, I stop dreaming...)

Would it be easy for the devs to change the sharing mechanism with a patch?

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 01:20 PM
I think we'll probably have to end up using something like the Datel XSata interface to copy tracks to and from our Xbox hard drives (http://uk.codejunkies.com/Products/XB360-XSATA__EF000192.aspx).

We could then have a fan based sharing site for uploading and rating tracks - which we could then download via the XSata interface to the 360.

Are there other PC/Xbox 360 data transfer methods?

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
@Scotsman
Not a bad idea...those cost like $40 no? Id rather be charged $40 to have in game global sharing

DrWatson98
08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
its not like every level has to always be getting shared. I mean, a single level can't take up THAT much space. just put up say, the 10,000 highest rated/most popular levels, and frequently delete the crappy ones and get rid of space being taken up by things that nobody downloads.

As I understand it, the problem isn't just with the logistics of storing and distributing the levels themselves; it's also down to the policing of that content. Microsoft (and Sony too) have policies about the content on their systems, and that includes user generated content. So you'd have to have people to go through all the content and delete the 50,000 levels just consist of giant phalluses.

I agree that the best non-server method would be to allow 'friend of a friend' sharing and let levels spread virally from person to person, but I suspect that it's not possible because of other policies, such as content copyright etc.

Unfortunately, what seems like a simple solution to us is often massively complicated due to the huge amounts of red tape that need to be negotiated. That's the major down side of closed systems like consoles - the upside is 59K sales in 48 hours. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

rlmergeuser
08-14-2009, 06:04 PM
the friend's list sharing system is Killing this game.
even MS update the friends to 1000
friend's list sharing is still inconvenient
what we need is a world sharing system with rating
as we know, REDLYNX can't support game server network
or maybe is there any chance to make a copy code or something
let players can easily copy and remade player's edit.
or maybe REDLYNX will release new levels for free?
but it still can't solve the sharing system problem.
players love design and edit their own level, and sharing for free.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion , thousands of mods make this game forever.
for me, friend's list sharing system is a annoying design http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_redface.gif

1200MS ?
how could Trials HD cost 1200MS with a annoying friend's sharing system?
and next week, shadow complex costs 1200MS too.