PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to Server

rlmergeuser
07-10-2009, 10:35 PM
For the last two days, whenever I try to submit my score it says "connecting to server..." and just gets stuck there forever until I force quit. At least make it time out afte 30 seconds or so. And why has the server been broken ever since I purchased this game?

RedLynxANBA
07-11-2009, 09:40 AM
In what country are you from and what device you have?

We check.

RedLynxANBA
07-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Server's are up and running. Lots of requests today and only one error.

rlmergeuser
07-11-2009, 03:09 PM
I live in the USA, and I am using a 3GS. I have tried it on both Wifi and 3G connections and I get the problem both times.

Maybe your server is not reporting errors but for the last few days I could not submit scores. I would get stuck at the contacting server screen for maybe 5 minutes or more until I force quit the application. It happened every time I tried to submit a score since Thursday and unfortunately when this happens I lose my current score.

I will try again now.

Okay I clicked "submit score" at 9:01 am. I am waiting at the "contacting server" screen.
still waiting at 9:04 am.
still waiting at 9:09.

Now I am getting board and I will force quit the application because it is still contacting the server after almost 10 minutes. I hope this illustrates my problem.

rlmergeuser
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
By the way I just tested it with a network game and it seems to work fine. It's only when posting a single player score to the server that it gets stuck.

rlmergeuser
07-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I have been having this issue as well for the last 2 days.. The first few times I submitted a score a few nights ago, they went through.. Since then, nothing has gone through and you do have to force the game closed. Then launch it again, let it crash and then launch it again to actually play..

iPhone 3G S whether on WiFi or 3G.

rlmergeuser
07-11-2009, 06:31 PM
This isn't isolated. I have same problem. I've only been able to submit scores a handful of times and not at all today. I have an iPhone 3G.

RedLynxANBA
07-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks for posting the times. It helps with all the data.
Since when we check at our end everything seems to be working at our end.

Also it seems that other apps and network in generally are working?

rlmergeuser
07-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Yes, network connection is working fine in all other apps. I see that today's update did not address the network issue. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

RedLynxANBA
07-13-2009, 06:08 PM
We just added more server quota. That may not solve the issue but letís hope so. Since server is not nearly 100%.

Last update was send over week ago so and this issue is never, so we didnít had time to check/fix it.

Next update will include more server error handling and weíre currently working to solve this. This seems to be still not very common issue since most people get to play multiplayer pretty much ok. Sad that it appeared to you guys and we'r are sorry for that.

A

rlmergeuser
07-14-2009, 04:34 AM
Mutliplayer seems to be working fine. It's only when I try to submit a score from single player mode that the problem occurs. Thanks for looking into it! http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif

RedLynxANBA
07-14-2009, 08:52 AM
So to make sure.. is it only one track or all tracks?

And its reproduced in following way?

1) 1 player
2) Select any track that you have won or one special?
3) Any three game modes (time, personal best, network)
4) Race normally by winning or loosing?
5) Submit
6) And hang.....?

We have one possible case and that is fixed on next update but please if you have time verify the step is you have time. That helps a lot. We are sorry about this. Just takes bit time because we donít have this problem here and it still seems pretty rare.

Also one thing you could try to do that you improve your time and check if that helps. I know if the time is good itís hard but that maybe the issue (thatís fixed in next update)

rlmergeuser
07-15-2009, 11:39 AM
sometimes it take up to 10-15 seconds to load a ghost on network mode but I never had any pb on submitting my best lap time.

rlmergeuser
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM
I've just bought the app (ver. 1.05).
I also have a problem posting my time.
I live in USA. Playing against network opponent is working fine.
But whenever I try submitting my time, it hangs.
It doesn't matter which track I choose.
I tried both with and without location information (GPS).
Any solution?

rlmergeuser
07-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Just tried version 1.05 and still doesn't submit scores properly. It seems to download so you can race multiplayer but the submit doesn't work. Looking at the setup screen it shows "Invalid Submit Data Length from Server". This was at @ 1:45 PM GMT -4.

This has been frustrating to say the least. Hopefully you guys can figure this out because I've only had submit work for one day in the past week or so since it was purchased.

rlmergeuser
07-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I am another with the issue.

I am able to network race just fine. But I am not able to reliably submit scores. I can submit one very rarely and it seems random when it lets me. All other times I get an error. With teh new update my error is "Invalid Submit Data Length From Server"

I have an iPhone 3GS. This issue occurs on 3G, and Wifi. I have tried several different WiFi connections and none work. I know that the network connection is ok otherwise. I've got a 20mb/3mb pipe at home, and we have a T3 at work. Very low latency connections.

Please fix this. I have had a 19.77 on oval I have been trying to submit for a week now. It would have been number one, but I doubt it now.

Also, it would be nice not to have to perform a race to try and submit my score again.

Thanks,
Stoney

rlmergeuser
07-22-2009, 05:39 AM
I am having the same issue, using an iPhone 3G, on both 3G and WiFi connections.

This turns up only when trying to report a score (network play works fine), and started about 5 days ago (sorry I don't recall the first instance), and was evident before and after the latest upgrade.

The error message from the setup screen reads: "Last Network Error Reason: Invalid Submit Data Length From Server"

Great game, by-the-by.

RedLynxANBA
07-22-2009, 09:23 PM
"Last Network Error Reason: Invalid Submit Data Length From Server"

I think with this info we can find the reason much easier! Thanks guys!!! We look now into it.

rlmergeuser
07-22-2009, 09:39 PM
ok, one more bit of info. I can submit scores to the global league all day long (my 19.77 puts me in 22nd place now. Dang!), but the error is back again when I try to submit to the national league.

rlmergeuser
07-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Hello Everybody!

Thank you for the error info! To track the bug even more accurately, could somebody
with the error:
"Last Network Error Reason: Invalid Submit Data Length From Server"

Post their player name as a reply to this thread, so that we can check and verify their data records on the server?

rlmergeuser
07-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I've been having this problem for a couple days; I think it started after installing the latest update. It may have already been happening before that but I don't think so.

I can confirm the problem only happens on the national leaderboard. I'm located in the US. Global works fine.

My in-game username is "kornhornio".

Update: I WAS getting the invalid data length error on the national leaderboard. I just went back into the game and tried to submit a score to global, and got the hanging bug instead.

I've only tried single player/personal best. I've tried submitting both wins and losses, from 3G and from different Wi-fi networks. Seems to happen on all tracks.

If there are any specific steps you'd like me to test, let me know...

rlmergeuser
07-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I am also getting the "Invalid submit data length from server"

User name for scores is "Nogard"

I even wiped the game off my phone and did a fresh install and it still does this every time I try to post my times online.

rlmergeuser
07-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Getting the same error when posting to the US national board

username "imkdd"

rlmergeuser
07-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Update about this error:

We have narrowed the error to Server Side Data Storages Indices. It currently seems to occur to some part of the US players. We have duplicated the error here with the usernames that you have provided, thank you for help. As we now know where the error is, we will tomorrow morning (GMT+2) try to fix it from server side. That would mean that no update to client side would be needed and the score posting for those people who have error, would be working in few days, possible tomorrow.

Fast fix would be using the Global league before the server update. The scores are marked with country even the league is Global so there is no harm for your hiscores in doing this. After server is updated, just change the league back to national.

rlmergeuser
07-24-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm having the same problem connecting to server with trying to post best score in Time Trail race against personal best. I am in Tokyo Japan. Problem occurs both over WiFi and 3G. I have an iPhone 3GS. This only happens when trying to post a race result. I can race against network opponents.

rlmergeuser
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM
We have now eliminated the "Invalid submit data length" bug from the server side, by configuring the Data Storage index settings. If you had this problem, please try to submit your score now to national league. It should work now. If however for some reason you will get this error or some other errors, please inform it as a reply to this topic.

rlmergeuser
07-24-2009, 02:20 PM
As we pretty much checked every line of server code while searching the latest server bug, we found out the the server may give too low "better than % of other players" value to players that are not among of top 1000 players of the track. That is, those players might get 0% even if they may be better than 10% of other players. I'm just informing this to let you know that we are going to fix this number as soon as we can.

rlmergeuser
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the support. The score reporting issues does seem to be resolved!

rlmergeuser
07-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Yup, working again as of now.

Thanks guys!

rlmergeuser
07-25-2009, 04:57 PM
I just wanted to add that the latest update did not fix this for me, I am having the same issue as before. The hang when submitting scores happens intermittently about 75% of the time when I complete a single player race against the computer and then try to submit my score.

rlmergeuser
07-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi Jax, thanks for the info. We were able to reproduce the bug here and fix it from the server side. It was related to "not within 1000 best scores" mentioned before. Now you can post scores and the game should not stop anymore.

However, now if your not within 1000 best, your result is not shown at all on server scores, we will add more space to lists next monday and after that over 1000 best scores will be shown too.

Just as notice, all scores are saved before monday, just those that are not within the best 100 are now shown before monday.

rlmergeuser
08-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Sorry but the "Invalid submit data length" bug is NOT solved.

I bought drawrace last week and ever since I play I often suffer from this bug when submitting a lap record.

It happens both in single and network play when submitting a new time in either leagues. The 2 or 3 first times I post usually work then I'd get the error page saying a problem occured. It never hanged for me, always an error page after a few seconds.

I'm from belgium, nickname is yyota.

Please could you still have a look, there is still a problem and it's really annoying!
Thanks a lot!

rlmergeuser
08-04-2009, 08:08 AM
We ran out of quota today. So last 7 hours there has been a problem, but its now solved by incrementing quota limits.

Sorry for the inconvience.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2009, 10:54 PM
I'm from the uk and I've been tring to submit new times to the server in national and global leagues and I've been timed out 30seconds every time. It's very annoying! Is there a fix fir this?

rlmergeuser
08-19-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm from the uk and I've been tring to submit new times to the server in national and global leagues and I've been timed out 30seconds every time. It's very annoying! Is there a fix fir this?

I'm from Portugal and the same has been happenning to me http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

AnttiKi
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the reports.
Apparently we are having some problems with the server. The issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

rlmergeuser
09-13-2009, 08:46 AM
This is still not working. I havenít been able to submit scores to the Austrian league for over a month now.

rlmergeuser
09-13-2009, 12:10 PM
There is a situation now on server and submitting scores does not currently work for anyone. We will fix this on Monday.

Getting network opponent works, and your scores will be saved on your device, so you can keep playing and submit on next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

rlmergeuser
09-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Server issues are now cleared.

rlmergeuser
10-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Since today at about 12h30 i get the same error, both in WiFi and in 3G connection when submiting to server my times.

I'm trying the NACIONAL league Portugal.

Tks

rlmergeuser
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Same here: Last Network Error Reason: Invalid Submit Data Length From Server

The Game not supportet at the moment? Its realy quiet here about DrawRace. http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_cry.gif
Please Admin tell us whats wrong with it. Do you work on the Problem?

rlmergeuser
10-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Highscore submitting is now fixed. Database routines are now faster, so submitting should be 2-3 seconds faster than before.

rlmergeuser
11-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I was wondering. Is it possible to allow entering an alert even if I dont have a connection?

I live in a country where I dont have connection always. Sometimes Im offline for a block or two. If I have to enter an Alert and I dont have connection I would like to be able to register it anyway and, as soon as I have connection back, automatically post it in.

Regards,
Sebas...

rlmergeuser
06-17-2013, 02:27 PM
I've been trying to connect to the server for a number of days. Each time it times out. Is there a problem with the server?

AnttiKi
06-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes, there was a problem. It should be fixed now. Please let us know if you are still having this issue.