PDA

View Full Version : ...connection to the server cannot... [SOLVED]

rlmergeuser
11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi all.

I baught this great game this week so i installed it immediately.

But when i tried to activate full game, it said (after quite long time of testing internet connection) that:

"Cannot perform activation at this time, because a connection to the server cannot be enstablished. Please check your firewall configuration."

And so i read here on the forum, that game uses standart port 80, and if I know, than this port uses even web browsers and that works off course.

Firewall is good (in my PC), and all other games that uses internet connection works fine.

I need to get game working at home - there i could change router firewall settings, but i need it working even at school hostel and there I should'nt touch it off course.

P.s.: Nowhere i need to use proxy. Oh and i tested two versions (1.07 & 1.08)

Thanks a lot for useful help a sorry for my english http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif.

rlmergeuser
11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
its down for everyone at the moment

rlmergeuser
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
i think =S

rlmergeuser
11-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Its working now. But thank you for reply.

rlmergeuser
11-10-2008, 04:54 PM
np

sebastianaalton
11-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Our internet provider had some server problems last week. Both the game server and the website were down several times. Everything should be working now.

The game does not need any special firewall settings or ports opened. Just allow the game to access internet, if your firewall asks for permission (the game executables are named launcher.exe and trials2.exe).

rlmergeuser
12-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi. I just buyed the game today, and I'm having the same problem.
I added the launcher.exe and trials2.exe to my firewall permisions, but still not working.
Any ideas?
Thanks

sebastianaalton
12-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Hi. I just buyed the game today, and I'm having the same problem.
I added the launcher.exe and trials2.exe to my firewall permisions, but still not working.
Any ideas?
Thanks

trials2_low.exe and trials2_low2.exe should also have firewall permissions (if you are running the game on low or very low graphics settings). If this does not work, you can try to disable your firewall to a short period of time when you activate the game and reactivate your firewall afterwards.

If you are connecting though a special HTML only proxy server (a very strong company firewall for example), and do not have direct internet connection available, the game cannot sadly find any connection. This is not a problem in home computers, as no ISP offers a limited HTML proxy only connection.

rlmergeuser
12-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your answer.
Finally the game it's working!
The problem was my Norton Firewall...
Desactivated for registration, activated again... and now it's working!
Thanks