PDA

View Full Version : Launcher.exe error, can't load game [SOLVED]

rlmergeuser
10-08-2008, 11:06 PM
Hello,

Just installed the demo version today. I downloaded it from the REDLYNX website. However, after installing the program I went to START, PROGRAMS, TRIALS 2, PLAY TRIALS.

I get a launcher.exe application error (see below) and the game will not start. I tried uninstall and re install twice and nothing changes.

I can launch the game from the folder it lives in (there is 4 different TRIALS 2 icons that launch the game and one is the launcher)

The problem with this method is that I can't set the screen size or any of the other setting that pop up PRIOR to the screen that asks for the activation code, so the screen is too big and things are cut off.

I bought the game and the code works well but I can't adjust the screen size. Any help would be appreciated.

Running windows xp sp3

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8246/applicationerrorvp7.jpg

sebastianaalton
10-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Did you install the game using a Windows account with administrator privileges? Do you have DirectX9 and OpenAL installed (game installer should install both, unless you cancel the installation)?

Do you have newest graphics card and sound card drivers installed, and some free space in your hard drive to save the settings file?

rlmergeuser
10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes to all of the above, I am the administrator. I just double checked to be sure and I have 30gb of space left. I let the install go all the way through so all of those things should of installed. Besides I have already downloaded Directx before. I really don't know what to do here. The game plays fine from what I can tell except for the fact that the launcher won't start so I can't change the screen size and it's way too big from my resolution.

rlmergeuser
10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I just solved my issue. McAfee has a tool to check registries and it looks for damaged or missing registries. There were three registries that were messed up, probably from a previous infection that was wasn't cleaned up properly and I never knew. Once I healed them, the game loaded fine.

Just goes to show you that there are infections out there that go unnoticed and it's important that everyone protect their computers and scan them regularly.