PDA

View Full Version : /nick IRC Command

rlmergeuser
08-22-2008, 04:30 AM
Can this command be removed from the available commands? This one would cause more trouble than anything.

sebastianaalton
08-22-2008, 09:25 AM
You can connect the Trials irc server with any irc client and choose any nick name. And this way anyone can be "mrT" or "JukkaN" in the chat without any problems.

But I agree with you, the most problematic youngsters probably don't likely even know anything about the irc, and now can change their nick in game, and cause problems. But this is just my personal opinion. Seems that other programmers in the team want the in-game irc client to be as flexible as the real ones (and include as many as possible irc commands).

rlmergeuser
08-22-2008, 06:24 PM
While I completely agree with what they are trying to accomplish with the IRC, JukkaN, Dosto and I pretty much had a nick changing party last night, and it got to the point where I was ANBA and JukkaN became Jorma, and I basically quit and turned over all of my power in RedLynx to Jorma. Needless to say, my main concern is people impersonating Team Leaders in order to aquire other teams passwords for example.