PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED-B4] In-game chat problems

rlmergeuser
08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
When I join the chat, there are only two names on the list:

@betaObeliX
betaObeliX

I am not using any external IRC client and my internet connection is working properly. I want to ask if there is actually a working chat system in the beta.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Users of different character sets go to different channel than the default channel, because it is not possible to mix different character sets in the same chat channel.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2008, 05:38 PM
All right, but when the final 1.08 comes out will all the people be able to be together in one chat room? Would be good.

sebastianaalton
08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
No, all languages using latin-1 character set (1252) will be on one channel, and all using cyrillic character (1251) set are on another. Languages using eastern european character set (1250) will be on the third channel. If we put these all to the same channel, we would need to disable all special characters in these sets (including all cyrillic characters from Russian users). This is not preferable.

We are also considering that each language has one channel, so that everyone can chat on their own language. But this way there are even more channels, and everyone has less people to chat with.

rlmergeuser
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
And I guess it is not possible to disable the special characters just in the chatroom, but leave them working outside the chat, in the normal game texts?

rlmergeuser
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes it's possible, but some languages e.g. Russian cannot be written with ASCII characters (A-Z).

rlmergeuser
08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Okay.

sebastianaalton
08-19-2008, 01:11 PM
new chat implemented. Now you can be on multiple channels at the same time (there are channel tabs in the top of the screen). Also all private conversations now have their own tabs, making them easier to read.

By default the game join these channels:
Trials2 (the main channel - multilingual)
Trials2-languagename (Trials2-russian for example)

You can join new channels by typing:
/join #channelname

You can also now do the following standard IRC actions:
/nick nickname (change your nick name in chat)
/mode (for operators only)
/kick (for operators only)
/ban (for operators only)

sebastianaalton
08-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Also all teams now have their own team channel. Team chat channel tab is also opened when you open the in-game chat.