PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Difficulty ratings / Message background / Flickering

rlmergeuser
08-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Firstly, about difficulty ratings. Maze should definitely be medium. Lollerscates is nothing more than easy (harder than concrete mayhem? I dont think so). Also no air could be rated at easy, It's no harder than where's the ground.

Secondly, I dont like the fact that when you fall the "driver has been nocked unconscios" sign covers the timer. I usually like to look at the time if/when i mess up to see whether I was actually doing any good or not. I don't use ghosts.

Thirdly, this one might have been mentioned before but I get very heavy flickering on domino effect with very low graphic mode, also some minor flickering on some other levels. Might be with other graphic settings too but my integrated graphics card only allows low and very low.

sebastianaalton
08-15-2008, 07:29 AM
No Air has been already made easy. Maze is easy to get from checkpoint to checkpoint, there are no hard obstacles. You can almost pass it by holding down accelerator all time. Of course you get faults that way, but the difficulty is more like how hard is to pass the track, not how hard is to pass it without faults or with a good time.

Lollerskates is harder than most easy tracks, but easier than most mediums... And seems that ANBA removed the hardest obstacle in it that required a switch jump to pass (the ladder at the second rise). So i'd say it could be made a easy.

rlmergeuser
08-15-2008, 07:54 AM
Seems the hight of the nocked unconscios etc announcements depends on resolution. With 1280 x 800 it covers the time, with 1440 x 900 it's lower.

sebastianaalton
08-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Seems the hight of the nocked unconscios etc announcements depends on resolution. With 1280 x 800 it covers the time, with 1440 x 900 it's lower.

The background has been made more transparent in Beta-2 build (that is released today).

rlmergeuser
08-15-2008, 08:41 AM
Thank you.