PDA

View Full Version : [NOBUG] Flickering graphics -> game unplayable

rlmergeuser
08-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi there,

version 1.08 still has the problem of the flickering graphics, same as in versin 1.07. Game menus are ok but the graphics in the game are flickering all the time. The game is unplayable so. Have to switch to battery mode on my notebook (unplugging the ac adapter) in order to get everything correctly displayed.

I read somewhere that this comes from the processor which runs to fast. Does anybody know I can reduce proc. speed in order to continues testing?

Cheers,
Mike

sebastianaalton
08-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Have you upgraded all drivers of your laptop? Chipset drivers, sound drivers, graphics drivers at least should be upgraded. You could also try to check your manufacturers website if there is a new version of the power driver (many laptops have custom power saving drivers).

rlmergeuser
08-14-2008, 09:46 AM
hoi,

will check the drivers now and upgrade if necessary. I'll keep you informed on this point.

Cheers,
Mike

rlmergeuser
08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi there,

the problem is solved. here a short description.

Updated Flash Bios -> Not OK
Updated Chipset drivers -> Not OK
Update Graphics Driver incl. ATI Catalyst Controll Center -> Not OK

finally I found an new option in Catalyst Controll Center to choose between 3 perfomance levels (optimal performance, balanced performanc, battery optimized) for the graphics adapter in 3 different power modes (ac plugged in, low battery and very low battery). Optimal perfomance doesn't work at all. the 2 other power modes work.

so let's start testing after lunch http://forum.redlynx.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif)

Cheers,
Mike

sebastianaalton
08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Nice to hear it works now fine.