PDA

View Full Version : Rate your IL2 happiness



HayateKid
05-06-2004, 09:03 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you to play IL2?

Me, 8.

"First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel San, not mine." - Mr. Miyagi

HayateKid
05-06-2004, 09:03 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you to play IL2?

Me, 8.

"First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel San, not mine." - Mr. Miyagi

Dmitri9mm
05-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Congratulations Hayatekid: You beat your own record of pointless topics, salute! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
When you count IL2, FB and ACES as a whole i'd say about 9.5, IL2 only is 8.5 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/legalsig.jpg
The n00b, the n00b, the n00b is on fire.
We don't need no Ponys let the ************ burn. Burn ************! BURN!

tigerroach
05-06-2004, 09:11 AM
I'd say 8.5. Sure there are some things that could be improved, but relative to the current state of hardware and other programs, it is way up there.

In fact I'd rather be flying it right now, instead of killing time until I can go to lunch. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

609IAP_Recon
05-06-2004, 09:20 AM
if golf was a 10, I'd give FB a 9.5 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I only have two areas I'd like to see:

1. more aircraft in the skies at one time - so, improved netcode, etc.. Hard to duplicate ww2 action with 16 aircraft - I'd like to see 50+

2. more flyable bombers http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

http://www.forgottenskies.com/jg51sig2.jpg

Baltar
05-06-2004, 09:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dmitri9mm:
Congratulations Hayatekid: You beat your own record of pointless topics, salute! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
When you count IL2, FB and ACES as a whole i'd say about 9.5, IL2 only is 8.5 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/legalsig.jpg
The n00b, the n00b, the n00b is on fire.
We don't need no Ponys let the ************ burn. Burn ************! BURN!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah I'm sure that was warranted. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif

The Game: 8 Very impressive effort with a few flaws. Some actions on the part of the developer don't exactly impress me, like the beta patch that shut my game down a few months back.
The Community: 1 It sucks.

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Give me the dedicated server and I'll say a solid "9".

Until then, I'm sitting on about a "7".



http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

yarbles67
05-06-2004, 09:42 AM
10

I based this on time suck factor, fights with the wife and the amount of damage done to my metacarpals. The game simply kicks ***. It topped 'Galaga' and 'Defender' as my all time favorites.

NorrisMcWhirter
05-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Hi,

Pre AEP online/offline : 8
Post AEP offline : 8
Post AEP online : 1/9 (flying LW/flying Allied)

Cheers,
Norris

================================================== ==========

: Chris Morris - Blue Jam :
http://cabinessence.cream.org/

: More irreverence :
http://www.tvgohome.com/

: You've seen them... :
www.chavscum.co.uk (http://www.chavscum.co.uk)

Franzen
05-06-2004, 10:40 AM
6 and falling. The more I learn from you guyz the more I'm disappointed. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/51.gif

As for the forum, 8 and rising. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Fritz Franzen

Bearcat99
05-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Id have to say 9.5..... thye net code could be a bit better but I am happy with the sim overall if I never saw another patch or add on.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/bookstore/tuskegeebondposter.jpg (http://tuskegeeairmen.org/airmen/who.html)[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles (http://www.geocities.com/rt_bearcat)[/list]
UDQMG (http://www.uberdemon.com/index2.html) | HYPERLOBBY (http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/) | IL2 Manager (http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/detail_fichier.php?ID=1353) | MUDMOVERS (http://www.mudmovers.com/)

lazio5
05-06-2004, 11:14 AM
It perfect to me, but loses 2 points for not having better engine sounds, at minimum making them moddable.

So ill go with an 8.

http://freespace.virgin.net/s.winy/yellowavi.gif

scootertgm
05-06-2004, 11:16 AM
solid 9.

I love this game, it is one of the few I can take a break from and go back to and enjoy.

carguy_
05-06-2004, 11:23 AM
IL2 was 7.4873.

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Been watching "Rainman" again Carguy? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/34.gif



http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

KarayaEine
05-06-2004, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HayateKid:
On a scale of 1 to 10, how happy are you to play IL2?

Me, 8.

"First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature rule, Daniel San, not mine." - Mr. Miyagi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

9.25 for me http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

hey, I'm easy to please http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/88.gif

Johann

Horrido!
"We need more ammo!"
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/p5f881fba318d7f0779ac1d9df0ace079/f96e6284.jpg

"Achtung Kommandant, sind Sie Fl¤che auf Feuer"

Monty_Thrud
05-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Eleventeen http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif
And if Oleg & team give us the bombs and rockets for the Hurricane
Tweleveteen
http://www.uploadit.org/bsamania/Huzzy_no_ordnance03.jpg
"#2 Attack that ship".."#1..with what?".."#2 your ordnance DAMMIT!".."#1 my ordnance is in Olegs office, same place yours is".."#2 we'd better learn German then"

musickna
05-06-2004, 02:21 PM
10.

Woof603
05-06-2004, 02:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG50_Recon:
if golf was a 10, I'd give FB a 9.5 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I only have two areas I'd like to see:

1. more aircraft in the skies at one time - so, improved netcode, etc.. Hard to duplicate ww2 action with 16 aircraft - I'd like to see 50+

2. more flyable bombers http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want more airplanes, try UberDemon's Quick Mission Generator. It will give you more than you can imagine. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://www.spaads.org/denmark/spsabre.JPG

potver
05-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Defenitly 9.5, but A bit more ,,GLASNOST,, of the structure like CFS2 {f.i changing sounds etc}

Call_me_Kanno
05-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I agree with Thunderbolt. A lot of server admins need that DS. It's been too long now without it.

http://img5.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Kanno/Sig.jpg

crasherburnz
05-06-2004, 03:43 PM
I'll give it a 9.5, for nothing (it is said) is perfect.http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/il2sturmovik/ubb_code_smilie.gif
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/il2sturmovik/ubb_code_smilie.gif

[Gypsy]
05-06-2004, 04:25 PM
9 and counting....

"Gypsy"


http://imageshack.us/files/Gypsy%20Sig3.jpg

609IAP_Recon
05-06-2004, 04:37 PM
"If you want more airplanes, try UberDemon's Quick Mission Generator. It will give you more than you can imagine. "

Online...and ummm... playable

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

http://www.forgottenskies.com/jg51sig2.jpg

Chuck_Older
05-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Honest?

7.5.

8 if the P-51D's prefix and suffix issues were resolved

9.5 if the maps were on the scale of MS Flight simulator. The maps are killing FB's potential, unfortunately.

*****************************
The hillsides ring with, "Free the People",
Or can I hear the echoes from the days of '39?
~ Clash

Uber_Numpty
05-07-2004, 11:16 AM
9.9

http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v193/Uber_Numpty/Eastfortune_Spit.jpg

Vickers Supermarine Type 380 Spitfire LF.XVIe
C/N CBAF-IX-4596 TE462 (7243M)
1945 (East Fortune Air Museum)

S 8
05-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Once,I was happy in my life....then things happend and I became less happier....now..I´m semi happy.......will I ever be real happy?

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/34.gif

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/113_1083502455_ww22.jpg

Dash_C.
05-07-2004, 02:31 PM
This topic would be an excellent candidate for a poll, but it's too late.

so...

8.12952

BpGemini
05-07-2004, 02:55 PM
A scale of 1 to 10 is so overdone.

On a scale of Pam to Faith I give it a Kylie.

http://www.blitzpigs.com/images/P-39_BlitzPig_Sig_01.jpg
CWoS FB forum. More Cheese, Less Whine. (http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=25)
IL-2 original P-39 vet soon to be P-63 vet.
The Pig Sty (http://blitzpigs.com/)

Curly_109
05-07-2004, 05:44 PM
9. with some minor things improved 9.5.i cannot imagine what ww2 flight sim would be like in about few years from now...

Lav69
05-07-2004, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baltar:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dmitri9mm:
Congratulations Hayatekid: You beat your own record of pointless topics, salute! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
When you count IL2, FB and ACES as a whole i'd say about 9.5, IL2 only is 8.5 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/legalsig.jpg
The n00b, the n00b, the n00b is on fire.
We don't need no Ponys let the ************ burn. Burn ************! BURN!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah I'm sure that was warranted. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif

The Game: 8 Very impressive effort with a few flaws. Some actions on the part of the developer don't exactly impress me, like the beta patch that shut my game down a few months back.
The Community: 1 It sucks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn dude a little on the emotional side, huh.

_______________
I'm fixin to.

Lav69
05-07-2004, 08:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BpGemini:
A scale of 1 to 10 is so overdone.

On a scale of _Pam to Faith_ I give it a Kylie.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK.......?wtf?

_______________
I'm fixin to.

Snow_Wolf_
05-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Graphics: 8.5

Sound: 8

game play 10 (got to give them credit for it)

Overall 8.8

http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~jtsiekki/mono2.gif
"Master the art of Speed without ever getting a Ticket"

XyZspineZyX
05-07-2004, 09:11 PM
9.8

This is the first game/sim that has totaly captivated me. Like everyone else I want more but like Bearcat said, if there wan't another patch/addon/improvement I would be happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Baltar:

The Community: 1 It sucks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You couldn't be more wrong! I rate this community a 10+++! I've gotten so much excellent help from the members, not to mention knowledge, humor and inspiration.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9334/Image6.jpg

Slammin_
05-07-2004, 10:16 PM
I rate it a 10.0 w/o beer and a 2.5 with MGD. It seems though, that once I have too many beers to fly, I visit these forums, hence the 2.5 w/beer.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a cheap beer thread.