CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
RAM: 1022.9 Mb
V/Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT
DX Ver: 9.0c
Mainboard: KN1 SLI
O/S: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2.0
HDD: 193 GB / 456 GB (57.7% Free)

I'm running the game on Steam.

Basically the game just freezes, sometimes it can be after about 10minutes, sometimes after 1 minute it's completely random when it crashes.

It freezes, then if I go off the window (as I play in window mode. It still crashes in full screen) then back to the game the screen is just white and sometimes the audio will be skipping to the same sound as to when it crashed.

I've updated my drivers and I can't find any other help on the issue.

It's very annoying, especially when I just get past a hard bit I've been trying for ages and it just freezes up.

There's also problems with the bike going through the obstacles, usually the front wheel and forks will be half through something and the back wheel will be on top of it , but I'm not sure if this is just down to the game not being made very well.

I read about a fix coming soon. Will that fix my problem? When will it come because so far this game is just a waste of money if it's so unstable.

Thanks.

sebastianaalton
07-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Basically the game just freezes, sometimes it can be after about 10minutes, sometimes after 1 minute it's completely random when it crashes.

This sounds exactly like a hardware issue described in our FAQ. Many players have fixed similar freezing issue by repairing their broken computer case fans (dust stops fans occasionally) or returning factory settings to their overclocked graphics card. Trials 2 is very sensitive to hardware overclocking, and even some factory overclocked models have been reported having problems.

There's also problems with the bike going through the obstacles, usually the front wheel and forks will be half through something and the back wheel will be on top of it , but I'm not sure if this is just down to the game not being made very well.

The physics "glitches" have nothing to do with the issue described above. It's just that the collision model of the bike has only the bike tires, the engine box and the front "bumper". The connections between the bike body and the tires do not collide at all, so everything can go though them. This is just like in Elastomania. I agree that it looks a bit silly in a game with realistic 3d game like Trials 2 SE, but that's how the collision model was made. There is nothing wrong in the game code, and we have already decided to do a much more realistic collision model to the "Trials 3" bike (or whatever the sequel will be called). However we cannot change the Trials 2 collision model anymore as that would require us to wipe out all high score lists (replays are just recorded key presses, and would go out of synch if the collision model is changed). We can't make any physics changes anymore to the game because of this.

rlmergeuser
07-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Firstly some hardware info:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB
V/Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
DX Ver: 9.0c
Mainboard: Asus P5K SE
O/S: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2.0
HDD: 250 / 400 / 160 / 120 (40% free)

I have the same problem with the crashing i find it works for a while but it always crashes at a random time, i can play it but not for long

rlmergeuser
07-14-2008, 02:35 PM
try this driver for your CPU charles http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/AMD_Dual-Core_Optimizer_113.zip